qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
1) Something I just noticed... why do you have C++2013 (x86) installed two times? And same for (x64), you have it two times.

2) Bupo told you "install Windows Media Player". Have you, really? I gave you a download link but mentionned that it was useful in case you have Windows N, since you haven't, you might have dismissed it. Try this:

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
1) Something I just noticed... why do you have C++2013 (x86) installed two times? And same for (x64), you have it two times.

2) Bupo told you "install Windows Media Player". Have you, really? I gave you a download link but mentionned that it was useful in case you have Windows N, since you haven't, you might have dismissed it. Try this:
Even if he has non-N edition, WMP needs to be enabled. It was disabled in 8 onward. If older versions work but new doesn't, then it means they have WMP (old versions used it too) but NOT MSVC that 2.2 was compiled with (DLLs too).

Last edited:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
He showed me this screen, proving he installed them: https://attachments.f95zone.to/2021/08/1361662_1628302389064.png

Maybe it's a faulty installation but we can't follow the hypothesis that he didn't install it at all.
I'd suggest re-installing them or checking his own OS install. 0xc000007b is MSVC/.NET (not applicable here)/DirectX (not applicable here)/WMF-API (Windows Media Foundation API (used for audio, must be manually enabled from Windows 8 ONWARD), supposedly installed?) issues. Only other thing it could be is missing DLLs, such as if they've mucked with the default folder structure.

WMF-API can be enabled through Control Panel > Programs > Turn Windows Feature On: Media Features.

Last edited:

________

Aug 14, 2018
I noticed that before too, but this part was different for each of them so I thought that was that, but since you pointed it out, I uninstalled them all and just reinstalled.
1629035880206.png

TBH I did, bec it was on the page as being for N versions of Windows 10, since I used 8.1, I thought this wasn't for the OS I use.
But I've got nothing to lose in trying, so I did now then this happened.

1629035507036.png 1629035554126.png

Since I uninstalled and reinstalled C++, I restarted my PC, then tried launching the 2.2 version again, but same error code.

I really appreciate you guys looking into this, thanks.

Reactions: qwertyu12359

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
I noticed that before too, but this part was different for each of them so I thought that was that, but since you pointed it out, I uninstalled them all and just reinstalled.
View attachment 1353841

TBH I did, bec it was on the page as being for N versions of Windows 10, since I used 8.1, I thought this wasn't for the OS I use.
But I've got nothing to lose in trying, so I did now then this happened.

View attachment 1353832 View attachment 1353833

Since I uninstalled and reinstalled C++, I restarted my PC, then tried launching the 2.2 version again, but same error code.

I really appreciate you guys looking into this, thanks.
If you have N you install that pack. Regardless, you must still enable WMF-API. The pack only adds the option for N-only installs but N or not, you must enable it...

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
That's what I did bro Screenshot above
No, that's not what you did.

You opened "Jack-o-nine-tails.exe" in the main folder.

He directed you to "Jack.exe" in the folder "engine" which is part of the folder "game".

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Do I download those DLLs one by one ?
No no no. There's one chance out of a million that you'll find the legit .dll and not download a trojan.

Your best bet is to follow a guide for this "dll dependency" software, if it's not very intuitive immediately.

Or wait for ImperatorAugustus to come back explain to you, maybe he knows what to do.

________

Aug 14, 2018
No no no. There's one chance out of a million that you'll find the legit .dll and not download a trojan.

Your best bet is to follow a guide for this "dll dependency" software, if it's not very intuitive immediately.

Or wait for ImperatorAugustus to come back explain to you, maybe he knows what to do.
Okay, I'll do that..
BTW Bupo said:

WMF-API (Windows Media Foundation API (used for audio, must be manually enabled from Windows 8 ONWARD), supposedly installed?) issues. Only other thing it could be is missing DLLs, such as if they've mucked with the default folder structure.

WMF-API can be enabled through Control Panel > Programs > Turn Windows Feature On: Media Features.
Does this look right? just being sure.

1629064097648.png

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes