StJesuz

Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Informal poll: How many of you have read the "Controls" help text (from the main menu when you first start the game)? Do you use the keyboard shortcuts?
I did check it out, as well a read through the tutorial texts. I gathered that there have been a few changes since I played last. I only use the space key of all the available shortcuts.

I downloaded 2.2.1 and everything has been working great. I certainly appreciate all the work that's been put in.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Btw. the "clickable" link to this thread in "Development" doesn't actually work on click (Firefox doesn't register it at least).
qwertyu12359

And I suppose this is not fully supported (and possible also known), but for Slave Editor (cheat menu, was trying something): some values go over the limit and bug out, some have wrong labels (breast size), and possibly unknown Rimming S shortcut doesn't work.
Fixed S shortcut and added some range checks on ia branch. Note that some stats have cross-dependencies, for example if you have A+ fisting then you have to reset that before you can restore virginity.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I don't have the means to download the game for another couple of weeks so I can't check...

I didn't do anything but copy-paste the link and it used to work. Doesn't it work on your end? Maybe it's simply obsolete. If so, it's a fairly simple change on Qgen (that I shouldn't do myself since master-ia seems to be our base again and I think you went back to the former way of "compiling" or something, haven't you?)

MausMaus

Aug 2, 2018
Any way to enable the cheats menu in normal difficulty?
Also, where to get a slave branded with iron?

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
I am trying to play as Blade, but I can't seem to get anywhere.

Anyone have any advice for trying to use Blade?
What kind of advice are you looking for?

He has S+ strength and S+ combat skill, so he can personally train gladiatrix slaves without hiring tutors or sending to school. So that's one option.

He starts with 1500 sparks, and some weapons and armor, so you can look for some easy battles in the Fogs starting from day one (or day 3, if you want to first get some training in special techniques from the colosseum) and get some cheap high-quality slaves that way (cheap not "free" because you'll probably need to "pay" a visit the med center to treat your battle wounds).

He can rent an apartment in the Taurus quarter, after which he can visit the Slums to meet Isabella.

If he rents an apartment, he can also rent an alchemy lab, and he can hire tutors to train Isabella (or send her to school) to learn how to make elixirs for him, which can help with Fog battles. He can also get a Fog fiend, and have Isabella milk it, eventually providing a supply of Fiend mucus for making healing balm, Philtres and powerful aphrodisiacs.

Since he's a strong fighter, you shouldn't have much trouble with slaves rebelling when you physically punish them. He is also C- in whip skill, so if you get him a lash or a whip he'll be able to use it to suppress any rebellions that do occur without wounding the slaves.

SilentRunning

Feb 19, 2021
What kind of advice are you looking for?

He has S+ strength and S+ combat skill, so he can personally train gladiatrix slaves without hiring tutors or sending to school. So that's one option.

He starts with 1500 sparks, and some weapons and armor, so you can look for some easy battles in the Fogs starting from day one (or day 3, if you want to first get some training in special techniques from the colosseum) and get some cheap high-quality slaves that way (cheap not "free" because you'll probably need to "pay" a visit the med center to treat your battle wounds).

He can rent an apartment in the Taurus quarter, after which he can visit the Slums to meet Isabella.

If he rents an apartment, he can also rent an alchemy lab, and he can hire tutors to train Isabella (or send her to school) to learn how to make elixirs for him, which can help with Fog battles. He can also get a Fog fiend, and have Isabella milk it, eventually providing a supply of Fiend mucus for making healing balm, Philtres and powerful aphrodisiacs.

Since he's a strong fighter, you shouldn't have much trouble with slaves rebelling when you physically punish them. He is also C- in whip skill, so if you get him a lash or a whip he'll be able to use it to suppress any rebellions that do occur without wounding the slaves.
I guess I just need to keep at it. I don't feel like I make much progress. Eventually my slaves just run away or become completely unstable. I probably need to play around with some some other options. I will keep at it.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
I guess I just need to keep at it. I don't feel like I make much progress. Eventually my slaves just run away or become completely unstable. I probably need to play around with some some other options. I will keep at it.
Slaves running away = you're not managing mood and depression (angst) correctly. This type of mismanagement can also lead to sanity loss.

Slaves becoming completely unstable = what does this mean exactly?

SilentRunning

Feb 19, 2021
Unstable as in suicidal, rebellious and defiant.

I guess I haven't figured out how to properly mange their mood and depression.

Still learning.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Unstable as in suicidal, rebellious and defiant.

I guess I haven't figured out how to properly mange their mood and depression.

Still learning.
From what you've said (rebellious and defiant), I'm guessing you punish a lot. Imagine how you would feel if you were being constantly punished, day after day, no matter what you did. Angry? Hopeless? If you don't want slaves to become depressed, you need to be sparing with punishment, just like you need to be sparing with rewards to avoid spoiling.

Asking the slave "how are you feeling?" (once they're obedient enough to answer) is a good way to find out what they are happy and unhappy about.

Using a variety of rewards is better than using the same reward all the time. On the other hand, using a variety of punishments can make a slave more unhappy than if you stick to the same type. If you're having trouble managing mood then staying within one category of punishment can help. Different types of punishments have different effects (for example, shameful punishments are more effective in reducing pride). But pay attention to how they respond to the punishment. If the text indicates that the punishment was completely ineffective, it would be better to do something different next time. Also remember that rape is a punishment with significant psychological impact. And public use is a form of rape.

Last hint, be careful with rules. Make sure any rules you use are being followed, but if you have to enforce them, realize that has a negative impact. If a slave is depressed, giving them a break from any rules they want to break is usually a good idea.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
If I become a patrician in one place does it preclude me becoming patrician with other factions?
Once you are a patrician, you are a patrician. It's a status that is independent of faction.

Each faction (except Vatican) has a rival. If you gain too much reputation with a faction, you can't progress your reputation with their rival.

Progressing reputation with factions after you are a patrician doesn't affect much anyway.

Madeni

Oct 17, 2021
Hello :)
I just started the game and I'm learning the systems little by little on the tutorial slave (Helen), abusing the quicksave to see what the different actions do and how they react.

I wanted to know if there is a place where I can ask questions as I go ? Like a discord server or a reddit ?

For example, so far I am being fair to Helen, kind when I can since she seems to react best to kindness (violence tends to traumatise her).
Is this a viable strategy ? Or am I going at it all wrong ? When I hit her or chatise her, her mood drops off a cliff and she learns poorly. So I figured I would be kind to her, and it's going well, but I don't know if I'm going down a good road.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I just started the game and I'm learning the systems little by little on the tutorial slave (Helen), abusing the quicksave to see what the different actions do and how they react.

I wanted to know if there is a place where I can ask questions as I go ? Like a discord server or a reddit ?

For example, so far I am being fair to Helen, kind when I can since she seems to react best to kindness (violence tends to traumatise her).
Is this a viable strategy ? Or am I going at it all wrong ? When I hit her or chatise her, her mood drops off a cliff and she learns poorly. So I figured I would be kind to her, and it's going well, but I don't know if I'm going down a good road.

Here is the best way to have conversations about this game as of now (y)

About your strategy, yes, it's totally viable.

Such as you can be a total sadist and succeed in training.

Or you can balance both out in a kind of "tough but fair" way which is my default way of raising slaves.

Do as you see fit, and then if you block the game should normally hint you why (by clicking on the rank for exemple, it tells you what your girl lacks to rank up)

Reactions: Evil Earthworm Jim
4.00 star(s) 58 Votes