5.00 star(s) 20 Votes

Terminatorgames

Nov 2, 2019
My dear friend, Without wanting to belittle Jack's work, I would say that each frame of his videos takes about 3 min to make, because if you check it out, you'll see that it presents a frame washed by the denoiser!
Because it is much shorter. I mentioned it before, but there is a screenshot in this thread from his discord ( I think ) where he shows that his render PC has 4 3090's. Even at high cycles sample count that would easily be under a minute of render time. Like you said, obvious proof of that is the fact that we get monthlies on time as anything with higher render time would be pretty impossible to meet the monthly deadlines.
okay so lets do the math based off that stat. if catwomans new monthly is 4 minutes and 20 seconds long, that's 260 seconds. In each second there's 30 frames. So that's 7,800 frames. 3 minutes per frame brings us to 23,400 minutes, or 390 hours of rendering. 390 hours is over 2 weeks of rendering.

it would have to be shorter than that for him to render each frame. otherwise its even more impressive that he can make these monthlies each month.
Both are right!
Let me rephrase my answer!
Our colleague came to Jack's defense and very well, but with comparisons to professional studios that make videos for millions!
In his case, I think that where he will spend most of his time, will be in creating the scenes and animation!
Without wanting to make comparisons with the great Jack, each frame of his animations would take me about 3 min or maybe less to render with just one 3090! As I said, the use of Denoiser is quite noticeable in his renders, which allows for ultrasonic render times!
Well, his rig is quite superior, so it should take even less time!
Another thing a powerful rig makes possible is that you can continue to work on the build while the rendering is being done!
I do this with just one 3090!
Anyway, if we analyze the total package, ANIMATION, RENDERING, QUALITY, THE ASSETS USED IN THE SCENES, THE ANIMATION OF THE SPEECH, THE SIMULATIONS USED, THE SOUNDS THAT ARE ORIGINAL AND CREATED BY HIM (ORDERED BY CONTRACT), THE VIDEO EDITING, etc, and adding to the fact that he is a student, I would say that it is quite impressive the effort to be able to deliver the whole package in just one month! And even in two, hihi!
Another thing we have to consider is that really, 50% of our total rendering work is thrown away, due to unexpected errors!
Sometimes we do the rendering and at the end, when we check it, we notice errors that force us to do it all over again!
In my opinion, Jack is an excellent professional who really takes a serious commitment to his Patrons, but as with everything, delays are inevitable...

Last edited:

yefer004

Jun 2, 2020
I have a question for those who pay the monthly subscription: in the discord or the subscribestar page are all the demos or added content? or is it that some of these previous views or concepts were left in the forgotten patreon, I say this to start my subscription, because I would like to see all the content that jackerman published until today

Olivpa

Feb 6, 2022

These are just a few that come to mind..i am sure there are more out there...rev2019/rev2020 here does awesome models as well...(but does not share any details and is a bit rude imo...)
Aero3dx is the perfect example of tiny waist gives you the illusion of big butt... I looooooovvvvveeee the thick juicy thighs on his models!!!
[/QUOTE]

I also adore Aero3dx artwork he is the best, makes the perfect body big tits, big ass, tiny waist nice abs and thighs and the faces are just beautiful.

Reactions: Mandolinooooo

CuirCuir

Uploader
Jan 18, 2021
I have a question for those who pay the monthly subscription: in the discord or the subscribestar page are all the demos or added content? or is it that some of these previous views or concepts were left in the forgotten patreon, I say this to start my subscription, because I would like to see all the content that jackerman published until today
You will find all the content but not all quality, that's why I'm hunting the original files we're missing (Parkside 4k for example).

You can try to ask him for the original file directly as his account get reported regularly.

yefer004

Jun 2, 2020
Subscribing lets you have access to the archives for animations and Tentacular. I dunno how long his patreon was active for, but anything posted back then I've never seen, so I don't think they've been posted to the discord. Either way don't think you'd be able to scroll back that far into the server history if it did exist.

Just an fyi, but the 4k versions of his animations are done voluntarily by a supporter, so I don't think the 'official' version would be all that different from someone around here just upscaling it themselves.
Subscribing lets you have access to the archives for animations and Tentacular. I dunno how long his patreon was active for, but anything posted back then I've never seen, so I don't think they've been posted to the discord. Either way don't think you'd be able to scroll back that far into the server history if it did exist.

Just an fyi, but the 4k versions of his animations are done voluntarily by a supporter, so I don't think the 'official' version would be all that different from someone around here just upscaling it themselves.
Wait then jackerman does not make 4k versions ???, all the ones we saw are made by a person in this thread?

zues01

Apr 19, 2018
Anyone can get quality upscales if they have the right software and hardware to handle the job. I have a 1080ti and 4670k and 4k upscales take more than a day on average so I don't like to do it. But if you have a beefier PC then you can upscale using Topaz and get really good results.
True. Ive played a lot with Topaz and Adobe Aftereffects. Upscaling has come a long ways but yes - it can be a massive time sink for sure. I can only imagine how long it would take to render natively 4K.

Reactions: xxxDreamZzz

CuirCuir

Uploader
Jan 18, 2021

Oh, so it's not a render of the source material in 4k but an upscale and intepolation of the 1080?

CuirCuir

Uploader
Jan 18, 2021
Upscaling doesn't make the quality better so it's a waste of time & space anyway.
Only native 4K is real 2160p, FHD to UHD is a blurry mess.
Yeah, that's why I'm wondering why we even bother with those since it's "approved by Jackerman" but done by a third party and it isn't even a render export in 4k or UHD but just an upscale + interpolation.

• Sad
Reactions: StreamSteam

StreamSteam

Engaged Member
Jun 24, 2022
Yeah, that's why I'm wondering why we even bother with those since it's "approved by Jackerman" but done by a third party and it isn't even a render export in 4k or UHD but just an upscale + interpolation.
Is it really ? damn i don't understand why animation artists still don't release 4K videos the hardware is here especially such famous dev's they have the tools for it a beefy rig is all it takes at the very least we should get 1080p high bitrate output but even this is still very rare the case.

ps: always prefer the native quality over interpolation/upscale bs

Reactions: yefer004

CuirCuir

Uploader
Jan 18, 2021
Is it really ? damn i don't understand why animation artists still don't release 4K videos the hardware is here especially such famous dev's they have the tools for it a beefy rig is all it takes at the very least we should get 1080p high bitrate output but even this is still very rare the case.

ps: always prefer the native quality over interpolation/upscale bs
Since after the Tumblr purge and Mega banhammer, I started to hoard collection of 3DCG to avoid losing the original files (like early Redmoa stuff that's only available now in re-encoded from website because of Mega ban and bad backup hygiene).

But I only store the original files, untouched, from the artist, so I avoid those "fan made" thing.

W-boi

Jan 16, 2018
Upscaling doesn't make the quality better so it's a waste of time & space anyway.
Only native 4K is real 2160p, FHD to UHD is a blurry mess.
lmao if we all couldn’t tell for a year that these weren’t native 4K then that kinda proves you wrong

Last edited:

StreamSteam

Engaged Member
Jun 24, 2022
Since after the Tumblr purge and Mega banhammer, I started to hoard collection of 3DCG to avoid losing the original files (like early Redmoa stuff that's only available now in re-encoded from website because of Mega ban and bad backup hygiene).

But I only store the original files, untouched, from the artist, so I avoid those "fan made" thing.
That's another very important task always save everything local don't rely on cloud storage or anything similar it can be removed anytime or your access can be restricted.

5.00 star(s) 20 Votes