Roerdin

May 2, 2020
If you're good to your girls and don't reject them, they won't cheat on you. It's really that simple ...
[/QUOTE]

Really. That's only simple in your mind; IRL and in more realistic gameplay we are genetically predisposed to cheat, and when we get caught ... gaslight! After all, it was their fault that the cheater cheated, anyway ... right?

(Gaslighting means never having to say you're sorry.)

• Angry
Reactions: S1nsational

llAzurusll

Oct 6, 2022
If you're good to your girls and don't reject them, they won't cheat on you. It's really that simple ...
Really. That's only simple in your mind; IRL and in more realistic gameplay we are genetically predisposed to cheat, and when we get caught ... gaslight! After all, it was their fault that the cheater cheated, anyway ... right?

(Gaslighting means never having to say you're sorry.)
[/QUOTE]
Its more factors than just being good to them and all that IRL, sometimes its something not even related to your relationship witht that person at all and something else is going on and they tend to cheat while tryna get rid of a feeling/fill a void/bring back a certain feeling. Its true Majority of humans are shit but not everyone is, so if your comment is some incel/niceguy type shit, go back to your excluded ntr tag search and miss out on games with 100% avoidable ntr

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
The vast majority of humans don't cheat. We're not genetically predisposed to anything like that on a species wide level.

Any defense of cheating just makes you look like an asshole and the type of person to defend rape

Deleted member 6168082

Jun 5, 2023
The vast majority of humans don't cheat.
Got proof of this? cause without knowing every single couple out there, that's just an assumption on your part.

People do cheat, some are just good/better at hiding/doing it than others. I have family members who got cheated on, and who have done the cheating.

Woah, "defending cheating" = "Asshole and a defender of rape" um wha? that sure is a leap.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Also IRL we are encouraged to do something about it,
alas such choices are not afforded in the game.
MC has to be ignorant and eat it all up.
I have family members who got cheated on, and who have done the cheating.
Who do you side with? Whose side of the argument are you on?

BillyPlums

Nov 17, 2021
First of all, I want to say that i love the game so far. I really like just about everything about it, music, renders, dialogue, etc. (yes, I sat at the opening screen of the moving van in traffic for a long time, just listening to the music.)

I apologize for not posting in french as well, but my french is more than 50 years out of practice, and I don't want to embarrass myself.

As most sane people have said on the thread (yes I read it all), as a developer, you have to do your own vision. You can't let trolls influence you. Certainly, you can take input from others, if it works with your vision, but don't compromise it.

just about the only thing that bothers me is that I can't find anywhere that will open up the journal. Am I blind? (I already have glasses) or can some helpful soul help me find it.

And now, I'm off to donate for the dev's creation. It won't be much as I'm old and on a fixed income, but hopefully every little bit helps.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
The vast majority of humans don't cheat. We're not genetically predisposed to anything like that on a species wide level.
Given how much our upbringing determines our default behaviors, it would probably be difficult to say what we are predisposed to. This is something anthropologists and paleoanthropologists have been trying to find out.
Current studies show that 20-25% of married men cheat, and 10-15% of married women cheat. In a 2021 survey, they estimated that some 46% of people in monogamous relationships have had affairs (physical or virtual).
Genetic evidence suggests that a rise in monogamous behavior began about 10,000 to 20,000 years ago. Historically, polygyny was a common human reproductive practice until around 5,000 to 10,000 years ago, though polygyny still exists in many modern cultures.
If we're looking at our mammalian relatives, only 9% are monogamous and among primates, 29%. Evidence points to the conclusion that we are non-monogamous by nature, but culture suppresses that. Monogamy is often seen as an invention to preserve property and determine inheritance. Without property concerns, non-monogamy would usually be a more successful reproductive strategy--it increases genetic diversity as well as bonds within a community group.
Any defense of cheating just makes you look like an asshole and the type of person to defend rape
As a polyamorous person, I'm not defending cheating, but I do see non-monogamy as natural for me (and many other humans). Consent is key for responsible/ethical non-monogamy, so claiming one is defending rape is a HUGE stretch.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Given how much our upbringing determines our default behaviors, it would probably be difficult to say what we are predisposed to. This is something anthropologists and paleoanthropologists have been trying to find out.
Current studies show that 20-25% of married men cheat, and 10-15% of married women cheat. In a 2021 survey, they estimated that some 46% of people in monogamous relationships have had affairs (physical or virtual).
Genetic evidence suggests that a rise in monogamous behavior began about 10,000 to 20,000 years ago. Historically, polygyny was a common human reproductive practice until around 5,000 to 10,000 years ago, though polygyny still exists in many modern cultures.
If we're looking at our mammalian relatives, only 9% are monogamous and among primates, 29%. Evidence points to the conclusion that we are non-monogamous by nature, but culture suppresses that. Monogamy is often seen as an invention to preserve property and determine inheritance. Without property concerns, non-monogamy would usually be a more successful reproductive strategy--it increases genetic diversity as well as bonds within a community group.

As a polyamorous person, I'm not defending cheating, but I do see non-monogamy as natural for me (and many other humans). Consent is key for responsible/ethical non-monogamy, so claiming one is defending rape is a HUGE stretch.
Cheating as a concept doesn't exist in a vacuum, and Cheating is what is being argued.

It's like saying humans are genetically predisposed to cheating in exams. An outrageous claim given exams aren't naturally occurring instances. If exams aren't natural we can't have any natural instincts towards them specifically.

Similarly, in relation to cheating in relationships, it's the betrayal of expected monogamy, that qualifies cheating. In a world with no societal expectation of monogamy there'd be no concept of cheating as we understand it.

Comparing stats on the levels of infidelity in contemporary times versus times when societies views of many things, relationships included, were vastly different isn't fair, it's a bad comparison.

Being non-monogamous by nature is completely different that being cheaters by nature. In contemporary ethical non-monogamy, as I'm sure you know, everyone involved has to give knowing consent otherwise it's cheating, you're betraying the other person. No one partner can decide it's a poly or open relationship.

My reason for likening it to rape is this; using supposed natural instinct or genetic predisposition to any given behavior, in this case Cheating, and stripping it of it's societal moral judgments not to mention individual human agency, and treating it as, if not good, simply inevitable and thus something to be accepted is something that can be used on any negative behavior.
Rapists will often, already, claim that they just couldn't help or stop themselves. Cheaters the same.

Rape, and Consent, also don't exist in a vacuum. Much like everything else I've talked about are a human concept. There's rape the action, and rape the crime. Marital Rape was legal in Ireland until 1990, meaning the act of rape was not the crime of rape until the law changed.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Cheating as a concept doesn't exist in a vacuum, and Cheating is what is being argued.
True, from an anthropological perspective and polyamorous perspective, I was looking at one factor in cheating--the non-monogamous drive.
It's like saying humans are genetically predisposed to cheating in exams. An outrageous claim given exams aren't naturally occurring instances. If exams aren't natural we can't have any natural instincts towards them specifically.

Similarly, in relation to cheating in relationships, it's the betrayal of expected monogamy, that qualifies cheating. In a world with no societal expectation of monogamy there'd be no concept of cheating as we understand it.
Yes, the other factor would be a lack of integrity regarding agreements, regarding the well-being of those one proport to love.
I'm reminded of how some people assume it is impossible to cheat in polyamory. Polyamory will diffuse the non-monogamous drive, but it doesn't excuse the integrity factor. If anything, because non-monogamous options exist, because the culture doesn't impose a strict monogamous standard, polyamory actually requires a greater integrity, a greater responsibility to honor agreements.
Comparing stats on the levels of infidelity in contemporary times versus times when societies views of many things, relationships included, were vastly different isn't fair, it's a bad comparison.
The problem here is that it is hard to rely upon historical self-reporting of fidelity. Is there more infidelity now because of relaxed expectations, or do we just have more acknowledged infidelity now. The only way to determine the truth of the matter, to get beyond self-reporting bias would be genetic testing. Much like we discovered about some assumed monogamous birds. We found that many will mate with one male for offspring, but stay with a more stable, less flashy male to raise chicks. It was quite a surprise to scientists who'd assumed that they were totally monogamous for life.
Being non-monogamous by nature is completely different that being cheaters by nature. In contemporary ethical non-monogamy, as I'm sure you know, everyone involved has to give knowing consent otherwise it's cheating, you're betraying the other person. No one partner can decide it's a poly or open relationship.
Already addressed above. :)
My reason for likening it to rape is this; using supposed natural instinct or genetic predisposition to any given behavior, in this case Cheating, and stripping it of it's societal moral judgments not to mention individual human agency, and treating it as, if not good, simply inevitable and thus something to be accepted is something that can be used on any negative behavior.
Rapists will often, already, claim that they just couldn't help or stop themselves. Cheaters the same.

Rape, and Consent, also don't exist in a vacuum. Much like everything else I've talked about are a human concept. There's rape the action, and rape the crime. Marital Rape was legal in Ireland until 1990, meaning the act of rape was not the crime of rape until the law changed.
Yes, they could be considered similar in that they both are self-centered actions that do not consider others. Rational or not, I see a big difference.

Cheating is a violation of one's partner, but unless the cheater has brought home an STI, the violation is more of an emotional/psychological nature.

In the case of rape, it's a very clear psychological, emotional, and physical violation of a person's body autonomy, a person's physical safety.

Cheating involves emotional harm on a third person. A sin of disregarding a supposed loved one.
Sexual assault/rape is all the harms on a first person basis. Causing active harm to an individual.

Of course, marital rape is both of those things.

All in all, I think we're more in agreement than discord.

Lexie lecoeur

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2021
First of all, I want to say that i love the game so far. I really like just about everything about it, music, renders, dialogue, etc. (yes, I sat at the opening screen of the moving van in traffic for a long time, just listening to the music.)

I apologize for not posting in french as well, but my french is more than 50 years out of practice, and I don't want to embarrass myself.

As most sane people have said on the thread (yes I read it all), as a developer, you have to do your own vision. You can't let trolls influence you. Certainly, you can take input from others, if it works with your vision, but don't compromise it.

just about the only thing that bothers me is that I can't find anywhere that will open up the journal. Am I blind? (I already have glasses) or can some helpful soul help me find it.

And now, I'm off to donate for the dev's creation. It won't be much as I'm old and on a fixed income, but hopefully every little bit helps.
Hello and thank you for your comment :)
To open the menu, it's at the bottom left of the screen, next to the image of the characters talking. There's a heart to open the compendium, and underneath you have the phone.

Reactions: merleved

Moosica

Dec 7, 2021
I find it great. The story is very good, once you start the game, I can't stop it.
The characters are endearing and super well done, you could almost believe that they are real. :love:
Kudos for making such a good game where the plot blends so well with the story.
In addition it is translated into my mother tongue. It's really a plus not to have to translate line after line without ending up getting stuck when the game is very long with a lot of dialogue.
I can't wait to play next.
It's one of my favorite games. Good continuation CoeurDeCochon! (y)

BillyPlums

Nov 17, 2021
Hello and thank you for your comment :)
To open the menu, it's at the bottom left of the screen, next to the image of the characters talking. There's a heart to open the compendium, and underneath you have the phone.
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have no idea how I missed the phone (I must be going blind), and it never occurred to me to click on the heart.

Reactions: Lexie lecoeur

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I've been thinking of the sexualities of the various characters in this game, and where the story is looking likely to go and I'd like to request that in the character profiles that most peoples sexuality be changed to unknown.

I ask because this would give you, as writer, more space to play with peoples sexuality.

Like for example, our sister is labeled homosexual, but given the incest patch and our magic amulet it's strongly hinted that we'll be able to do stuff with her. Similarly with Lexi and her sister, there's strongly hinted future sex happening between them but both of them are labeled straight. Now, there's nothing wrong with learning you're actually bisexual when you thought you were straight or lesbian/gay, that happens to people is real life, but the issue is it'd need to be written and handled well in the story.

Like so far Lexi is becoming much more sexually adventurous, and Madison is certainly not shy around her, so them both experimenting sexually together and discovering latent bisexuality together could work really well. Say in the scene where Madison ask for Lexi's help about shaving ect and that accidentally turns into Lexi fingering her sister and they both start to question their sexuality from there. That'd be a very natural progression. No need to mind fuck or mind break people with a magic necklace.

But our sister and her fiancée are both lesbian, it'd be a lot more difficult to naturally walk one or both of them into bisexuality, and thus a lot more difficult to lead into incest with our sister either alone or as part of a threesome with her fiancée.

Now I'm not asking for all characters to eventually see the light and become bisexual, though that would be great, I just think having everyone's sexuality sex to unknown unless explicitly stated someway would help.

Many of the characters who have shown interest in MC have Unknown as their sexuality. With the women, this means they can only really, in a game like this, be bisexual or straight. With the men, Salaí is the only guy with an unknown sexuality, now he hasn't been heavily hitting on us or anything, but given he's set to unknown, chances are he's either gay or bisexual. This is how it should be with all the characters.

Now I don't know if you're going to allow us to decide the unknowns sexualities in a similar way to Alex and their gender, or have things revealed and shaped by the story, but either way it's something that needs to be handled with care.

Also, speaking of Alex and their gender, if one choses to have them bigender/genderfluid I think they should show up on both the lists of women and men.

Reactions: Fapmaister
4.50 star(s) 121 Votes