Ren'Py Kaedama [v0.0.4] [Kaeru]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

KaeruVN

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2024
gonna give this a try now. you said earlier there isnt any animated h. but is there img h? and was wondering about a possible "roadmap" of sorts?
Sad to say, there isn't any real h so far.
As for a roadmap, you honestly won't need it, because there are no real "right answers" besides not being weird or insulting. Multiple different words can cause a favorable outcome, so try out what you would personally say given the situation. Also, most characters are pretty obvious when it comes to answers they don't really like.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

MaineCoonMerlin

Apr 20, 2024
Sad to say, there isn't any real h so far.
As for a roadmap, you honestly won't need it, because there are no real "right answers" besides not being weird or insulting. Multiple different words can cause a favorable outcome, so try out what you would personally say given the situation. Also, most characters are pretty obvious when it comes to answers they don't really like.
is the "affection" weight the same for yes as say okay or indeed. i quite like to vary how i respond irl as to not be so monotonous, and my going by the "answer how you would" i notice i might be writing too much, as i try to answer in more sentences than single words or short.

Reactions: KaeruVN

KaeruVN

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2024
is the "affection" weight the same for yes as say okay or indeed. i quite like to vary how i respond irl as to not be so monotonous, and my going by the "answer how you would" i notice i might be writing too much, as i try to answer in more sentences than single words or short.
Yeah, responding with "yes" or "okay" holds the same weight when it comes to affection, because in either case you are telling them "Yes". Of course, certain more "easter egg" type responses will also increase affection.

I think it might be easier if you try it out and see for yourself what works and doesn't.

Reactions: MaineCoonMerlin

Firaxius

Aug 13, 2020
Well the VN looks nice, but the answer system is weird, can't say anything you want, like they ask me what my relationship is with Kumi and I say friendship or caretaking, it says what kind of answer is that. So I'm bit confused on how to deal with it, so far yes and no questions work ok, but I geuss multiple choice and paths are kinda easier to deal, seems the AI system is still to limit to the right keywords and for that would kinda need a guide.

KaeruVN

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2024
Well the VN looks nice, but the answer system is weird, can't say anything you want, like they ask me what my relationship is with Kumi and I say friendship or caretaking, it says what kind of answer is that. So I'm bit confused on how to deal with it, so far yes and no questions work ok, but I geuss multiple choice and paths are kinda easier to deal, seems the AI system is still to limit to the right keywords and for that would kinda need a guide.
It's not an AI system really, in layman terms, it's a synonym system.
Good pointers for the keywords I'm missing, because there are always words I might not have put in yet, so thank you for that. If you have any other feedback, I'm all ears. And thank you for taking the time to try it out. :)

Reactions: Unpiloted Zeppelin

Savor

Jan 30, 2018
unlike last time as you were given charge to your students
i hope this time you all will be responsible teachers and do not abuse your powers.

HELIO CESAR

May 30, 2018
played it, liked it a lot, but there are a good list of bugs, some responses generating out of boundness exceptions, some positive responses being taken as negatives and vice-versa, a bit ambitious of a game haha, but good luck with it.

Also, a bit of a hint system to content would be advised, due to the randomness at play (not so much at the moment but these things tend to escalate as a game goes on), or some not so gentle ways of avoiding some routes.
Telltale games UI and notifications are a good example.
but if the dev would not wish to implement one it's alright, as Frodo would say:
Secret Meme GIF - Secret Meme Lotr - Discover & Share GIFs

Again, good game and good luck, Kumi is the best girl already!

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

KaeruVN

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2024
played it, liked it a lot, but there are a good list of bugs, some responses generating out of boundness exceptions, some positive responses being taken as negatives and vice-versa, a bit ambitious of a game haha, but good luck with it.

Also, a bit of a hint system to content would be advised, due to the randomness at play (not so much at the moment but these things tend to escalate as a game goes on), or some not so gentle ways of avoiding some routes.
Telltale games UI and notifications are a good example.
but if the dev would not wish to implement one it's alright, as Frodo would say:
Secret Meme GIF - Secret Meme Lotr - Discover & Share GIFs

Again, good game and good luck, Kumi is the best girl already!
Thanks for the feedback. The system is still quite limited, like you said, bugs might pop up that cause the wrong thing to happen. If could tell me which responses you reacted with, so I can fix that, that would be tremendous.

I can definitely understand wanting hints or a notification about which response is the best, but personally I want the player to surmise based on how a girl reacts, because so far questions being asked do steer you into the right direction. i.e. telling Mana she won't get detention would of course make her affection for you go up.
But I will keep it in the back burner and give it some thought.

Thank you for trying it out.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Thanks for the feedback. The system is still quite limited, like you said, bugs might pop up that cause the wrong thing to happen. If could tell me which responses you reacted with, so I can fix that, that would be tremendous.

I can definitely understand wanting hints or a notification about which response is the best, but personally I want the player to surmise based on how a girl reacts, because so far questions being asked do steer you into the right direction. i.e. telling Mana she won't get detention would of course make her affection for you go up.
But I will keep it in the back burner and give it some thought.

Thank you for trying it out.
I think you can include a hint system that can be turned on or off. It isn't particularly fun trying to see what is the best answer for each choice, especially when you can use tons of them and from what I've seen the game isn't prepared to be able to understand them all correctly (obviously).

Otherwise, is it a harem game where I can end up having a romantic relationship with all the LIs by the end of the game (and they know it)?

KaeruVN

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2024
I think you can include a hint system that can be turned on or off. It isn't particularly fun trying to see what is the best answer for each choice, especially when you can use tons of them and from what I've seen the game isn't prepared to be able to understand them all correctly (obviously).

Otherwise, is it a harem game where I can end up having a romantic relationship with all the LIs by the end of the game (and they know it)?
So far, there isn't exactly a "best answer" for each choice. Every answer they like will give raise their affection the same amount.
I will definitely change the tutorial to make it way more clear how the system works, I see a lot of people are confused and have questions. Not 100% sure if I'm willing to add a hint system, because I want to stick to realism as much as possible. Give answers you would give in real life and don't stres about giving the right answers.
Kaedama is not going to lock you out a route just because you said something a character didn't like.

As for a harem ending. Unfortunately, there is not going to be an ending where you end up dating all 17 girls. However, if you play it smart, you could date multiple girls at once, just not the ones that are friends with each other, because they are going to talk amongst themselves.

I'll just leave this tip for others that are scratching their head as well. Affection only increases/decreases with the characters that are present, so characters that don't hear you give an answer, won't know what you said, so it's not going to affect them in any way.
Approach it as you would approach a real conversation and if there are any inputs that aren't working, by all means, message me, so I can fix it.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
So far, there isn't exactly a "best answer" for each choice. Every answer they like will give raise their affection the same amount.
I will definitely change the tutorial to make it way more clear how the system works, I see a lot of people are confused and have questions. Not 100% sure if I'm willing to add a hint system, because I want to stick to realism as much as possible. Give answers you would give in real life and don't stres about giving the right answers.
Kaedama is not going to lock you out a route just because you said something a character didn't like.

As for a harem ending. Unfortunately, there is not going to be an ending where you end up dating all 17 girls. However, if you play it smart, you could date multiple girls at once, just not the ones that are friends with each other, because they are going to talk amongst themselves.

I'll just leave this tip for others that are scratching their head as well. Affection only increases/decreases with the characters that are present, so characters that don't hear you give an answer, won't know what you said, so it's not going to affect them in any way.
Approach it as you would approach a real conversation and if there are any inputs that aren't working, by all means, message me, so I can fix it.
Thanks for the info and explanations.

In any case, if the game isn't a harem, I'm not interested.

KaeruVN

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2024
If given the chance I'll make Sensei from lil look like a responsible adult in comparison. Like reading a blue archive doujin.
You can definitely go down a very dark, corrupting route if you so choose to. My aim is to be as realistic and expansive as I can be with whatever a player wants. Either be a good teacher or be one that is extremely mean and unable to keep it in his pants.

Boardguy

Feb 14, 2018
You can definitely go down a very dark, corrupting route if you so choose to. My aim is to be as realistic and expansive as I can be with whatever a player wants. Either be a good teacher or be one that is extremely mean and unable to keep it in his pants.
Tbh I would be a mix of good teacher and horndog. No harem thing definitely fucking sucks ofc.

• Red Heart

PioTinX

Jun 29, 2020
I like the VN mechanics and experience, but so i read that some specific responses unlock more content, then i gotta ask if you will make a guide to help not missing those key words while playing.

JackoLant

Aug 6, 2016
On the one hand, it looks good and I like the character designs. On the other hand, there seems to be no explanation or background, you are just plopped in the middle of things and that leaves everything afterwards with a huge disconnect. I was just lost the entire time.

And, unfortunately, while the input system you have made is interesting, it just really does not work. Both for the issues of the player not knowing what to type, breaking the flow of the scene, having to actually type and spell check, and the actual responses. Every response a character has to what is typed feels disconnected, it is very distracting.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes