karist

Mar 2, 2019
Naughty Turtle broke his promise that ver1.13 had been out at May and doesn't report any follow-up. Next update may be July or August?
I'm much impressed by patreons that continues spending money to such lazy creator for nothing.

Reactions: OBLIVION2388

Insomnimaniac Games

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
Naughty Turtle broke his promise that ver1.13 had been out at May and doesn't report any follow-up. Next update may be July or August?
I'm much impressed by patreons that continues spending money to such lazy creator for nothing.
While I agree he should make a patreon post about delays, he said this on discord.
Screenshot 2024-06-25 210354.png

Insomnimaniac Games

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
All right, I wish he could keep his plan next time.
From what I can tell, he's doing a big code rework for optimization purposes. That's probably partially on me, as I gave him a pretty decent amount of advice on how to go about that. Adding on to his own optimization efforts (Which probably account for much more than my advice), and if he received additional help, I assume that's where the delays/bugs are coming from.

Still, if it was going to cause this much delay, he should have notified people.

karist

Mar 2, 2019
From what I can tell, he's doing a big code rework for optimization purposes. That's probably partially on me, as I gave him a pretty decent amount of advice on how to go about that. Adding on to his own optimization efforts (Which probably account for much more than my advice), and if he received additional help, I assume that's where the delays/bugs are coming from.

Still, if it was going to cause this much delay, he should have notified people.
I don't know what stance creator working by compensation should be, but if he could not accomplish his work until deadline for any reason,
he should stop receive price from customers at least.
Talking about patreon, there is 'Pause' option for creator to do so.

Well, almost his patreon might not care about paying for nothing over half a year.

Insomnimaniac Games

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
I don't know what stance creator working by compensation should be, but if he could not accomplish his work until deadline for any reason,
he should stop receive price from customers at least.
Talking about patreon, there is 'Pause' option for creator to do so.

Well, almost his patreon might not care about paying for nothing over half a year.
I'd feel wrong commenting on that. That's between him and his patrons.

3.70 star(s) 27 Votes