Dec 28, 2019
If I may... careful here. The and operator does NOT have precedence over or, the difference is that the operator or actually stops if it finds an operand to be True where the and operator does not. That is the ONLY difference in it's behavior regarding the operand and the difference does matter. Just clarifying so the instruction is correct and not misleading.
is a compiler or interpreter optimization that was originally implemented because it reduced computer load without changing the results of an evaluation. Logically the results are the same whether or not you evaluate the entire expression. It's based on boolean algebra which has an order of precedence. It's when you start adding assignments into expressions that an understanding of short-circuiting becomes important. I haven't seen any of that in Tess's code yet, and decided not to bring it up, but it's certainly something that may be useful for her to know for the future.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Short circuiting is a compiler or interpreter optimization that was originally implemented because it reduced computer load without violating the Boolean Algebra operator precedence that you casually dismissed. Logically the results are the same. It's when you start adding assignments into expressions that an understanding of short-circuiting becomes important. I haven't seen any of that in Tess's code yet, and decided not to bring it up, but it's certainly something that may be useful for her to know for the future.
The operand(s) in the expression stopping the operator or in code previously referenced with example:

elif k2 or k3 or k4 and junkopet:

has nothing to do with any assignment as no assignment has yet been established nor referenced, it's solely a part of the elif logical expression and "becomes important" there, hence why logical order and continuation set via parenthesis is required. Your post reads to me as if you feel you've been rubbed the wrong way. If so, I honestly didn't bring up the correction of the "precedence" claim to measure the size of each others junk, the point I made is valid and correct:

The and operator does not take precedence over or.

Referencing the source theory of why operator halts occur is not relevant nor necessary. My apologies if you felt challenged. There's no need to further drag this out tbh. Regards.

Reactions: kinkyshin
Dec 28, 2019
the point I made is valid and correct:

The and operator does not take precedence over or.
Are you telling me that the following ugly piece of code wouldn't work?

elif k2 and junkopet or k3 and junkopet or k4 and junkopet:

I'd argue that it would because and has precedence over or.

I'd much prefer to simplify and use parenthesis, but it is possible to make it work without parenthesis.

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
There's no need to further drag this out tbh. Regards.
Are you telling me that the following ugly piece of code wouldn't work?

elif k2 and junkopet or k3 and junkopet or k4 and junkopet:

I'd argue that it would because and has precedence over or.

I'd much prefer to simplify and use parenthesis, but it is possible to make it work without parenthesis.
This is an excellent conversation for private messages. Thanks in advance! ;)

Reactions: Zandur1 and nygmz

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
I've played this amazing game without a walkthrough and ened in K9 with Veronica as sponsor....
could someone help me getting Dominique's ? I wasn't excessively cruel so I was hoping she'd be interested, but maybe I botched the quiz as I picked the "rational" approach to the questions

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod

Good morning. FYI, in the pending VN update regarding SanchoMod I'm likely for the first time to pull the SanchoSaves and allow the complete original VN's new category code to do all the heavy lifting. I still may tweak it a bit, but I think it's best for all folks, modded and unmodded, to experience the feature as the dev intended. This is obviously a rare case with the mod but I believe is warranted. I only mention it since unless something whack changes my mind it's an all-time first for me to not incorporate SanchoSaves within the multi-mod and wanted folks to know that the feature is likely to be absent in the pending release. Regards until then.

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
I've played this amazing game without a walkthrough and ened in K9 with Veronica as sponsor....
could someone help me getting Dominique's ? I wasn't excessively cruel so I was hoping she'd be interested, but maybe I botched the quiz as I picked the "rational" approach to the questions
If you want dom points on the quizz you have to pick the nicest answers

Reactions: FunFuntomes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Final Dom Work:K-Lvl stat info (auto populates, auto updates, auto displays, auto hides) in context with the above post. I even highlight K9 for a bit of extra bling for the achievement:
Gah! TessSadist you almost had me for a bit. I was thinking to myself "This worked absolutely perfect in beta...WTF happened?" Then I finally saw your Throne Point edit from 8 to 7. Now we're back on track.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod

Good morning. FYI, in the pending VN update regarding SanchoMod I'm likely for the first time to pull the SanchoSaves and allow the complete original VN's new category code to do all the heavy lifting. I still may tweak it a bit, but I think it's best for all folks, modded and unmodded, to experience the feature as the dev intended. This is obviously a rare case with the mod but I believe is warranted. I only mention it since unless something whack changes my mind it's an all-time first for me to not incorporate SanchoSaves within the multi-mod and wanted folks to know that the feature is likely to be absent in the pending release. Regards until then.
How quickly things change.

Scratch the above quoted post. You, dear fellow Gambit fan, will have access to BOTH the VN's new category saves AND SanchoSaves. TessSadist gave me an out... since the new category save screens are not mandatory (meaning you could use the default save/load screens as desired) I will hijack those default screens and morph those to the Sancho version. You can freely switch between the two seamlessly and the descriptions are cross-compatible (though the categories themselves will not be available in SanchoSaves just as they aren't available in the default screens). So far I haven't been able to break it yet but I'll do my best. If I can't break it then it's a green light to be implemented in the pending update.

Regards.

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Only can write briefly so forgive brevity -- within 2-3 days there will be a 0.6.2 Final version. I will do a simultaneous release in a lot of different places, including here. I have always been clear I'm not really an anti-pirate dev, but only that I always hope my buggy versions avoid here, lol. In particular, I worry about 1) save compatibility 2) other people having to work on compressed/Androids/mods that might be irrelevant later and things of that nature. My timeline was basically pushed back a week for everything, but I'm still glad to have something ready soon.

It has some minor tweaks to code points and scenes that were either seen or not seen by story design in the Beta due to my poor coding.

A fix has been added specifically to Dominique Dom path which had a miscalculation. The dom rank system is slightly tweaked with a minor modification to Veronica's points if you did not visit her. I believe the sub path in terms of points is unchanged from the Beta, but I still recommend a save under this upcoming version as I'm using this one for 0.7 and beyond. (and I might split the game into a new "part/season/section" so in particular it's critical)

Most content is otherwise similar, but there are a few new scenes, a lot of corrected dialogue, and might add a few more animations as well. (Beta has I think 14 out of 55 or so) Most importantly, saves will clearly work for 0.7.

Just one preview pic not in Beta:

rt6.png

Desired add-ons (not necessarily ready right away but intending to try):

PC/Mac versions (full): Ready at release

Compressed: Maybe (I mean maybe right when released eventually yes)

Android: Maybe at release

0.6 Walkthrough: At least Version 1 will be completed and ready -- will include a way to "click" to scenes that jump further down in the walkthrough. I kind of like in game walkthroughs too, but this is more for people that either like this style of document, but also for people maybe wondering how their saves might impact 0.7. (I talk about this a little in the document as well so there is some context behind why I do things and what I might be thinking moving forward etc. It's an added element that can't be really be done by anyone other than the dev in that one respect.) It's done right now at 48 pages (it sounds longer than it really is based on how spacing is done, etc.) but I won't say it's super short either. Just the nature of this kind of update.

lonewolf1993

Nov 12, 2018
is there a guide out for 0.6 yet? or since it isn't final should i just mess around and see what happens until the final version comes out?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
... prepare yourself to get you some

1655465899877.png

Porting to v0.6.1 is complete. Final v0.6.2 will drop soon and when it does porting to it will be reasonably quick and painless. New features, new options, more comprehensive dynamic ChoiceGuide, complete SanchoGallery overhaul, SanchoCheats, and more.

Coming very soon Gambit fans, very soon.

FDMuser

Mar 16, 2021
MC shoes are familiar, I smiled from ear to ear)))
Veronica is the daughter of Calista....
hmm ..... this is not a gambit .... castling turns out .....

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod - Dynamic MiniStat
(feature description)

For those who have experienced this in my other recent mods (think "FreeRoam") then this is nothing too new but for others one of the new features coded specifically for the pending KG update is in the interest of better informing the player on K-Level progress (if they choose to view the info, it's not forced). Obviously there's the now standard dynamic ChoiceGuide which helps with the basics choice by choice, but over time reading posts I've noticed a pattern of two events which might leave some players in the dark that otherwise want to know what's going on... The "SlavePts" event (Ep 2) and the "WorkGrade" event (Ep6).

I'll describe the feature's basics in the spoiler below out of respect for those folks that either don't care and/or those that are avoiding potential spoilers. Spoilers are at a very minimum but there are screenshots to help explain, so better safe than sorry. My apologies for the writeup but I just didn't feel like producing a video explanation at the moment.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Pretty cool, right? Yeah, I think so too. Hopefully it's Gambit fan approved. Regards.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Is there a way to see how many points the MC has? or is the more like
Whose Line? lol

I understand there's a fetish for it, but you can't imagine how gross it seems to have
someone drool all over your feet then have to walk around like that.... Nasty......lol

I was confused about a couple things. At my first review, I was busted from a K6 down to
a K5 yet my lifestyle and general circumstances went way up?

Also, same thing, at the end, they said I did poorly but I ended up w my own apartment
and staff. I mean, Kwan was a K4(I think), got busted down to a K3 then ended up getting
a better second review than the MC.

Hell of a game, really neat. I'm certainly going to go try it another time or two from the start.
Just insane how much creativity went into it. Quite the immersive environment that was created.
I spent waaayyyy to much time with it over the last few days, lol

Thanks all. Cheers

noobtrain

Can't we all get along?
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2022
Is there a way to see how many points the MC has? or is the more like
Whose Line? lol

I understand there's a fetish for it, but you can't imagine how gross it seems to have
someone drool all over your feet then have to walk around like that.... Nasty......lol

I was confused about a couple things. At my first review, I was busted from a K6 down to
a K5 yet my lifestyle and general circumstances went way up?

Also, same thing, at the end, they said I did poorly but I ended up w my own apartment
and staff. I mean, Kwan was a K4(I think), got busted down to a K3 then ended up getting
a better second review than the MC.

Hell of a game, really neat. I'm certainly going to go try it another time or two from the start.
Just insane how much creativity went into it. Quite the immersive environment that was created.
I spent waaayyyy to much time with it over the last few days, lol

Thanks all. Cheers
Since there isn't a walkthrough yet for 0.6 I just extracted the .rpa files and decompiled the .rpyc files using unren and then opened up the script.rpy file and searched for the choices I was given. I could then see what variables were being adjusted and chose accordingly. I guess it is a semi-guru way of doing it. I actually did that from the beginning and therefore didn't have to resort to using a mod or walkthrough.

I also used unren to unlock the console. Open up the console using SHIFT+O. Close it using ESC.

There are three evaluations in the game (up through 0.6) and these are the three variables that are used (if I remember correctly):

slavepoints
zpts
sishpts

You want them all to be 0. So you could type in the following when close to each evaluation:

slavepoints=0
zpts=0
sishpts=0

The game/story doesn't do well if you do poorly in your testing. You still get all the benefits and perks as if you succeeded. This is a problem with giving choices that have no real impact. There isn't alternative code/story to handle it if the player doesn't perform well in the testing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Forgotted
4.40 star(s) 148 Votes