Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Why do the maledom routes in femdom games feel best? :unsure:

I have some theories, but find it an interesting observation :)
Not a difficult one to understand from a sexual pyschology point of view. Essentially breaking a dominant down into a submissive, bending to your will sort of. very common male fantasy.
Personally I love being dominate while watching other unworthy males crawl and lick boots
Did you meant dominated...or dominant then spf?

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Not a difficult one to understand from a sexual pyschology point of view. Essentially breaking a dominant down into a submissive, bending to your will sort of. very common male fantasy.

Did you meant dominated...or dominant then spf?
Lol dominant ty

Reactions: Maviarab

asehpe

Mar 13, 2020
Also, there is a vanilla undercurrent of "the underdog gets his revenge" and "the villain gets her comeuppance" that resonates well with Western (and especially American) culture.

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
eta next update?
I may able to know a little more on that soon. I will hit 500 renders in tonight's workload plan. For reference, 0.1 was 457 renders and 0.2 was 650. It really depends on getting to a certain point in the story and if I need 600 or say 700 to kind of hit that scene I want. I formally started July 13th so I am about to hit two months (which is exactly how long I took to do 0.1) this weekend. I'm fairly close I would say as usually the last two weeks I try and take off more time from my interior design business to work a bit more on the game. It's kind of a losing proposition for me financially if I turn down a client those two weeks as my game will never match that lost income, but I enjoy doing it this way near the end as you can get into the flow well. (plus you can kind of manage projects and not give up work if you can balance well) Even from the start, I always thought 0.3 (except for 0.8 later which precedes the Final Act) for me would be the hardest one to write because it's kind of right before the main act so it's difficult putting the threads together and setting it all up, etc.

Pipo12334

Dec 29, 2018
I may able to know a little more on that soon. I will hit 500 renders in tonight's workload plan. For reference, 0.1 was 457 renders and 0.2 was 650. It really depends on getting to a certain point in the story and if I need 600 or say 700 to kind of hit that scene I want. I formally started July 13th so I am about to hit two months (which is exactly how long I took to do 0.1) this weekend. I'm fairly close I would say as usually the last two weeks I try and take off more time from my interior design business to work a bit more on the game. It's kind of a losing proposition for me financially if I turn down a client those two weeks as my game will never match that lost income, but I enjoy doing it this way near the end as you can get into the flow well. (plus you can kind of manage projects and not give up work if you can balance well) Even from the start, I always thought 0.3 (except for 0.8 later which precedes the Final Act) for me would be the hardest one to write because it's kind of right before the main act so it's difficult putting the threads together and setting it all up, etc.
Thank you for the progress update!

Deleted member 1906916

Jan 1, 2020
I got a theory that kane was made in the lab with Alexander dna or sperm cause Kane was ask what the one thing that Alexander wanted most even after his death i think it was a son but only got daughters so he wanted to make a son out of his dna and maybe other things as well cause when kane was told by the hacker that he had the one thing they all needed that just my guess i could wrong to early to know for sure and have to wait for the next update and onwards to c if i'm right or not

asehpe

Mar 13, 2020
Such phases usually contain a lot of drudgery and scene-setting work that is not so interesting to write, but is important and necessary for the final outcome (and is better appreciated upon rereading the story). Best wishes, and thanks for all the hard work you're putting into it. In a world with so many bad news every day (it sometimes seems to be approaching the world of Karlsson's Gambit minus the femdom), efforts like yours help keep me reasonably optimistic.

Out of curiosity -- which software do you use to draw and render the images, and where do you get the character designs from?

Last edited:

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Such phases usually contain a lot of drudgery and scene-setting work that is not so interesting to write, but is important and necessary for the final outcome (and is better appreciated upon rereading the story). Best wishes, and thanks for all the hard work you're putting into it. In a world with so many bad news every day (it sometimes seems to be approaching the world of Karlsson's Gambit minus the femdom), efforts like yours help keep me reasonably optimistic.

Out of curiosity -- which software do you use to draw and render the images, and where do you get the character designs from?

I use a program called Daz Studio. The characters are base assets (usually a body and face base) you can find on their store and other sites (including here at F95), but most of my characters are tweaked (body, eyes, etc.). Olivia is the most complex character, she has about 6-8 characters tweaked somehow (eyes, body, brows, etc) in her appearance, and the simplest one is Kiyomi (which is the exact base model and body because I thought she looked good as is).

asehpe

Mar 13, 2020
I use a program called Daz Studio. The characters are base assets (usually a body and face base) you can find on their store and other sites (including here at F95), but most of my characters are tweaked (body, eyes, etc.). Olivia is the most complex character, she has about 6-8 characters tweaked somehow (eyes, body, brows, etc) in her appearance, and the simplest one is Kiyomi (which is the exact base model and body because I thought she looked good as is).
And you also use Daz Studio to tweak the character designs? I'm really a noob in CAD, I know next to nothing about it. Thanks for the info, by the way. (Where in F95 do you find base assets & other technical stuff, especially for beginners?)

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
And you also use Daz Studio to tweak the character designs? I'm really a noob in CAD, I know next to nothing about it. Thanks for the info, by the way. (Where in F95 do you find base assets & other technical stuff, especially for beginners?)
Yeah, in the actual program you can tweak with different body shapes and parts from say different characters, etc. I'm about as non-tech as it gets so if I can do it, I believe pretty much anyone can given enough effort. I never tried any program like this or even read a single line of code before starting, so I came from about as newbie a background as one can for starting.

https://f95zone.to/forums/asset-releases.95/ that thread has hundreds of assets you can test, etc. I use Daz Studio for the art and Renpy for the coding. For visual novels, they seem to work pretty well to me so far.

tamzarian

Mar 29, 2018
Yeah, in the actual program you can tweak with different body shapes and parts from say different characters, etc. I'm about as non-tech as it gets so if I can do it, I believe pretty much anyone can given enough effort. I never tried any program like this or even read a single line of code before starting, so I came from about as newbie a background as one can for starting.

https://f95zone.to/forums/asset-releases.95/ that thread has hundreds of assets you can test, etc. I use Daz Studio for the art and Renpy for the coding. For visual novels, they seem to work pretty well to me so far.
But with your work in interior design you using modelization, no? i asked this because i also want to make a project in renpy and i'am a noob. The graphist stuff is what i fear the most.

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
But with your work in interior design you using modelization, no? i asked this because i also want to make a project in renpy and i'am a noob. The graphist stuff is what i fear the most.
Actually, my experience with Daz has given me confidence to now do rendering with an interior design program and I do this now as well. I have a business partner who generally in the past has done pretty much all of the tech/rendering before I started working on my game, so the benefit from Daz has actually been way more than I expected.

When I started this game, I thought the biggest threat to being able to finish it was not generating enough revenue to pay for the assets I wanted to buy to try and tell the right story. In a sense, I worried I wouldn't want to bleed money just buying stuff and never even breaking even at all. I worried a little about burnout, but I have always had tremendous energy and drive in life, so I wasn't that concerned except maybe just getting tired of the story perhaps...

Now, I believe the biggest threat is actually my real work because it has greatly expanded in the last six months (we even brought on a recent but very talented and imaginative recent college grad at roughly 32k+ year with potential for profit sharing - I think it's a really good job in this COVID world for a 22 year old! - and we definitely could use a fourth to keep up) and frankly there is no way my game will ever approach this income stream. To my knowledge, no primarily femdom based game has even come close to cracking for example 10-15k per month, but I could be wrong. I doubt I will ever even catch the monthly pay of our recent hire! But that's ok, because I wanted to just tell a particular story and so far I can balance my time pretty well to not lose income very much this way.

I think if I can learn the graphics, you can too because I'm not technical at all for this kind of thing. It's kind of hard at first, but I just scoured this site for advice/tips, and read the Daz forums, and even studied certain games I liked. I even reached out to a giant dev (he has disavowed F95, so I won't bring his name up here) that is super successful and he has been more than happy to give me advice and tips, etc. Best thing to do is just download the program and try and experiment over and over. Just play with it and practice. I had a much worse time dealing with the coding than the art.

My next step down the road is asking how to do animations and I've got great advice so far but not really the computer for it yet...

4.50 star(s) 146 Votes