VN - Ren'Py - Karlsson's Gambit [v0.8.1 Part I] [Grym Gudinna Games]

1. 4.00 star(s)

TundraLupus

Disclaimer: This review is opinion-based and not a technical review.

So, this game is good, very good it is a game that is food good(sorry was probably hungry while typing) no matter the path you choose to follow, the characters are very much shaped by the player and that is a plus for me, the renders are good, and the story is super interesting, actually, for me, the story is one of the best on this site so far, it is unique, it is intriguing and it keeps you guessing at what is happening in a good way, the characters are also very interesting and obviously shaped by the game world which makes them very unique in many ways, that is basically it, Excellent story, Excellent characters, Very good renders, Very good passing, really Tess is doing an absolutely bang-up job so far.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

blablabla0707

One of the most incredible games I've ever played, and one I really do look forward to keep playing! The renders, the story, the Sadism and FemDom.. The amount of options and directions you can take... it's all just absurdly amazing!
  3. 5.00 star(s)

augustofalcao27

When I searched for femdom games I was presented with a list of femdom games. On third places was this precious stone. I tried and downloaded it at the point where the game is.
    With beatifull images, a intriguing story about a world where a company ruled by 4 sadistic women rule above all other with sadistic desires and one day they cross the life of Kane (M)c) and his sister Olivia.
    I believe that the story has much to say yet, because if we pay attention to the story and not only the images we might imagine how this can be. So a nice plot, with some music to each scene, a nice art work (correct me if I am mistaken but it's her first work so nice work) and we have a nice, addicting game.
    The main difference to to other games: the player can bee dominant good or bad or submissive good or bad. This feature is for both Mc character Kane and Olivia because we can play with both of them in diferent parts of the game. So and speaking for me you can make Kane a submissive little bitch or a evil servant and you can do an Olivia evil like hell or evil but in a good way. It's up to you.

Nice work till now. And wait to see how it will be.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Kemal Ataturk

Boring, text simulator. Premise is good but the entire thing needs a rework. Renders are pretty average, lack good lighting and poor textures. Models are copy&paste from other games. In sum, it has potential but at it's current state, it's a hard pass.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

John Bon Clay

Just wanted to give the game 5 stars.
    Amazing game if you like femdom, you can choose to side with the female doms or get assaulted by the femdoms. Very cruel stuff and I do love it! Lots of favourite characters here too, they are so cruel that it's hard not to love them all :)
    Also you can choose how evil your sister will get, which is crazy good and will possibly also be the most evil character in game, for me anyway, haha..

Anyway 10/10!
  6. 5.00 star(s)

PhoenixRT

Other than maybe Asylum, this could be my favorite femdom game I've played so far. It's a little similar to Estate Dominate but I would say the art here is not as good as that game, but the overall story is more interesting. The best thing about this game to me is that choices really do matter! You don't just get different dialogue but totally different scenes later so you can save scum and try different paths. It even has a male dom path (yuck for me) but it's actually pretty fun to try it too.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

Machete

I really enjoyed the intro to this game, and the promise of a sandbox scenario intrigued me. Yet i started the actual game and there wasn't a single dialog line that wasn't terminal lame. Every single answer option (an there was a remarkable abundance of them) was just what no one ever would say in his own life. After a little while i was just fed up to choose the (barely) less unlikely dialog line available and i quit the game. I never made it out the interrogation room. Maybe the games gets great after that, i don't know. I wanted to go for one star, but that would have been unfair having played so little, so i'll go for three.
  8. M
    5.00 star(s)

Major von Dickerhoff

1 star: Very good renders
    2 star: BDSM & Sex toys
    3 star: Choices in game DO matter. Not like, oh I made a different choice so I got +1 love points instead of +1 dom points and the dialogue changed a bit. No, the choices have much stronger impact.
    4 star: Interesting plot, I just wanted to jerk but instead was forced to read the dialogues haha
    5 star: You start as a slave, but it also will give you 3 different paths to progress, and my favorite is dominate the female dominas. Just for this point alone I will support the author.
    Anyway a must play for all those who love bdsm and want smt new
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Cenc

Version reviewed: 0.3 Final.

Overall: Well deserved of 5 stars.

This AVN will not be to everyone's tastes, There is a warning the Dev has provided so take heed.

Personally I loved the progression, each choice means something allowing you to shape the way the game flows. The mantra save often is true for this. I found myself wanting to go back and try different options to see how they played out.

The Renders themselves are of a very high standard, well lit and a good use of depth of field. I do like to have some 'fan service' shots, and the Dev does deliver!

The story is dark, and depending on your choices can often take you by surprise, however each choice and decision you make is not a 'blind decision', you know what each choice will lead to.

If you are a fan of Femdom (hell, even if you're not) this is worthy of your time.

Kudos to you Tess!
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Erodragoon

Category: Visual Novel
    Version tested: Ch.2 Final
    Visual novel/Script: 5
    Gaming experience: 3,5 (quite bunch of in game decisions for a visual novel / linear plot adventure)
    Graphic quality: 4
    Character development: 5
    Xcitement: 4

Considerations: The plot is interesting and complex at the same time. Graphics are adequate, though sometimes locations are quite simple compared with the ambitious story. Lot of in game decisions that affects the story somehow. Lewd content is adequate.
    Quite green yet but promising, nice.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

soneview777

Very good I did not like it for the Synopsis but I gave it a chance and I loved the thematic story above all I like the faces of the female characters as they express themselves when they do evil, very good I hope it reaches the end without any setback congratulations to the overwhelming development
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Sinopsiso

I could say its only for femdom lovers.
    However its also have a good storyline and freedom of choice and also multiple character. You can be good, can be bad. Can be dom, sub. Your choice.
    Hoping that dev won't stop.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

sergii-g

This game is one of the best in my list. I'm exploring now femdom thematics, and it really opens these concept much wider for me. Only one tiny minus - is too small font for my eyes. Otherwise - the game is flawless. Always waiting with anticipation for updates. Thank You soo much for pleasure!
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Akkarin69

One of the best femdom stories I have ever seen, with many choices to define the MC and to defect the outcome. I also really like the idea that you also make choices for the sister from the other side of the fence - and define her too! Can't wait for more updates!
  15. 3.00 star(s)

DrDerpington

TL;DR = This game is not for everyone. Some themes are really sick.

Story: 1/5
    - 4 Daughters compete for the inheritance of their billionare father. Author tried to portray the competition as mysterious, but he didnt succeed like he wished. Sometimes story just feels overly complicated and dumb.
    - Also many people praise Femdom as main theme. But BEWARE that this game clearly crossed the line to sick cruelty. Example: man is handcuffed to the wall and let to suffer (and die) from dehydration and starvation. That is way out of definition of femdom. There is absolutely nothing sexual about that.
    On multiplay occasions female characters mention death of their victims due to torture. That really ruins the mood for me.

Art: 4/5
    + Renders of girls are hot.
    - Unfortunately all males are usually portrayed as some sick and malnourished caricatures without any personality. Only male Main Character feels okay.

Sex stuff: 3/5
    + There is a lot of erotic events.
    - Unfortunately there isnt big variety of sex events. Over 90% of erotic events are: girls stepping on guys, girls making guys lick dirty floor, dirty boots or pussy. It gets boring very fast.

Gameplay: 3/5
    + Typical VN with choices.
    - Choices range on the scale between "be a good person and suffer" or "be complete evil and be rewarded (with hot renders)". If you try to be a good person, then game will disappoint you, because a lot of sexy stuff is hidden behind Evil choices.

To sum it up:
    If femdom is your thing, then you can try this game. But beware of the fact, that game sometimes crosses the border of pointless cruelty.
    This game also has some value as CG gallery if you "hold CTRL to skip to good stuff". ;)
  16. 5.00 star(s)

SubFork

+ The characters and their renderings are well done
    + Unique, original and engaging story
    + Impressive, purposeful and non-stereotyped choices
    + The mysterious atmosphere of the game takes you to the depths of the dark and fascinating world of Femdom . A world made by the beautiful mind of a Mistress
    + Everything about this game is fantastic and it is a paradise for submissives that you can not find anywhere else.

I hope in the next updates we can see more of female protagonist storyline
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Blacknsilver

+ Awesome, interesting characters and story
    + Not a single boring h-scene
    + The player chooses the scenes and the direction of the story to a fairly large degree
    + Very high writing quality

- A little short (6-8 hours)

Overall, I'm super impressed. Didn't have much in the way of expectations but the quality of everything blew me away.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

RStar8

I am not much of a reviewer and I usually don't write reviews as I suck in doing so. But after playing this game I had to write one. I am sure the themes presented in this game might not be everyone's cup of tea but I urge everyone to atleast give this game a try before you judge it by the tags and screenshots like most people do. The dev does give everyone a choice on how you want to play the game even if it is not super obvious. Where is the fun in clicking through a set of pictures if the story and choices are not engaging in a VN and this game gets it right, not super complicated also it is not a image slideshow. All I wanna say is give this game a try and you might be surprised. Thanks
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Dande2

Great girls and story, femdom isnt really my thing but you can go a domination route which is nice. one of my faves right now along with being a dik. Animation is solid. Elena is probably my favorite girl. Cant wait to see where this goes.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Lamphead

I have 3 main points about this game:

Firstly this is a sick game (in a good way) with an absolutely unique premise. The possible ideas for perverted scenarios is unlimited with just the prisoner premise alone, the sister plotline is just the icing on the cake. Now this plotline is not exactly for the squeamish..but if you can handle some themes of dom culture and violence then you will enjoy it even more.

Secondly this game subsists on its writing and plotting alone. What I love about it: brief but descriptive and often sadistic, since many of the characters are evil and twisted. So many choices even in the first two chapters as I write this that REALLY change the potential outcome. Right away as you begin the game you come to understand the universe of characters involved is massive but the game smartly does not throw everything at you at once. They introduce these characters in turn and they do so with their actions and not a million lines of exposition..THANK YOU FOR THIS. This is why as the player you will remain invested despite the confusing backstory..you just need to know it on a basic level, it's not central to understanding what's going on.

Finally I wouldn't say this is a criticism exactly since this is still 5 stars, but the visuals for this game are the weakest point. The scenarios and the lewd scenarios are amazing, unique. The renders..are fine and get the point across. I'm not an expert but I would just say that I don't find them particularly high quality. This is a damn grim story and dark, violent things are happening. In my mind the tone that the images given in a dark game like this require attention to the visuals. In my non-expert opinion: for some of the scenes of tension the lighting has to be darker..the mood has to be desperate and somber..a lot of these scenes have insane things happening but it's just the same high contrast, well lit environments as the other scenes. Again it's not bad but I would say it's about average, and given the quality of everything else this is the weakpoint.