RedAISkye

Apr 10, 2017
Forgive me if this has been answered before, but for some reason the game won't boot for me anymore. I know for sure my antivirus isn't messing with files, so this is really strange. All i did was reboot my pc.
Have you tried re-booting your PC again to see if that solves the issue?

Alleyne

Feb 5, 2020
You need to be more specific when asking for help like this. You may get more support that way.
For example:
1. What exactly do you mean by won't boot?
2. Are you trying to open the game but nothing comes on screen? Or game opens but you are unable to load your save?
3. Are there any error messages?
4. Do you have any mods? If you have, which mod and which version?
5. Which version of the game you have?
6. Are you sure you have enough ram?
7. Are you using long paths to hide your game?
1. I click the launcher and it won't boot anymore. So the game doesn't launch/start.
2. Yea, nothing happens. It shows up in taskmanager for a bit and just vanishes again.
1659383503034.png
3. No, the ErrorLog is also empty. But i guess that's because nothing happens, so it can't even crash i guess, so there's nothing to add in there?
4. No, none.
5. I had 1.0.6a before and have the exact same with 1.0.6b.
6. Yea, 32Gb should be enough for 5+ years.
7. Not at all: "D:\Games\Karryn's Prison v1.0.6b FULL"

DrakeWasHere2

Jun 8, 2017
1. I click the launcher and it won't boot anymore. So the game doesn't launch/start.
2. Yea, nothing happens. It shows up in taskmanager for a bit and just vanishes again.
View attachment 1959742
3. No, the ErrorLog is also empty. But i guess that's because nothing happens, so it can't even crash i guess, so there's nothing to add in there?
4. No, none.
5. I had 1.0.6a before and have the exact same with 1.0.6b.
6. Yea, 32Gb should be enough for 5+ years.
7. Not at all: "D:\Games\Karryn's Prison v1.0.6b FULL"
Are you sure you not having an issue with anti-virus flagging it as false positive? Or nothing from that game and its files that ended up quarantined without your knowing?

Can you run other RPG MV games fine? (I believe this was MV, but anyone can correct me if I am wrong of the version of RPG maker this uses.)

Alleyne

Feb 5, 2020
Are you sure you not having an issue with anti-virus flagging it as false positive? Or nothing from that game and its files that ended up quarantined without your knowing?

Can you run other RPG MV games fine? (I believe this was MV, but anyone can correct me if I am wrong of the version of RPG maker this uses.)
Yea, i checked the quarantine plus checked the size and amount of files. Also tried it with the antivirus off. There's nothing noteworthy.

Link a game you want me to try, then i'll try it out. Just to make sure i try the right thing.

DrakeWasHere2

Jun 8, 2017
Reactions: Alkasal

RedAISkye

Apr 10, 2017
Yea, i also tried out the new version now. Same thing. Trying to launch and nothing happens.
Does the issue also persist in for you?

If that build is working fine for you but not the latest build then this may be an issue with the automated mod-loader.
Try downloading this dummy mod file and extracting it directly into your base-game directory and check if that solves the issue for you.

Last edited:

Alleyne

Feb 5, 2020
Does the issue also persist in v1.0.6a FULL for you?

If that build is working fine for you but not the latest build then this may be an issue with the automated mod-loader.
Try downloading this dummy mod file and extracting it directly into your base-game directory and check if that solves the issue for you.
1.0.6a and 1.0.6b both don't work for me.
1.0.6a was working fine yesterday, tried starting the game today and it doesn't work anymore.

Extracting the dummy file sadly also didn't do anything.

DrakeWasHere2

Jun 8, 2017
Ok kinda weird, when i just downloaded it, it got stuck on a black screen and kept trying to load.
Now i rebooted my pc and it starts up fine.
Karryn's Prison however, still doesn't work.

Yea, that is weird. If above dummy link doesn't solve it either.

Try safe mode. If the game works there, but doesn't when you normally start your PC then you might have a bigger issue at hand. Hopefully, that isn't the case.

Regardless I would probably run an aggressive virus checker on the PC to be safe.

RedAISkye

Apr 10, 2017
1.0.6a and 1.0.6b both don't work for me.
1.0.6a was working fine yesterday, tried starting the game today and it doesn't work anymore.
Then I suggest you completely remove all nwjs data.

Just like how you deleted KP's cache, go to the same AppData/Local folder and also delete the folders "nwjs" and "User Data"(if it exists) including "karrynsprison50" again.

But, this time, run the game as administrator with the dummy file installed.

Alleyne

Feb 5, 2020
Then I suggest you completely remove all nwjs data.

Just like how you deleted KP's cache, go to the same AppData/Local folder and also delete the folders "nwjs" and "User Data"(if it exists) including "karrynsprison50" again.

But, this time, run the game as administrator with the dummy file installed.
Tried this and sadly the same result. I did find a crash file now, which i'll private message you, since i have no clue what kind of info would be in there.

Alleyne

Feb 5, 2020
Yea, that is weird. If above dummy link doesn't solve it either.

Try safe mode. If the game works there, but doesn't when you normally start your PC then you might have a bigger issue at hand. Hopefully, that isn't the case.

Regardless I would probably run an aggressive virus checker on the PC to be safe.
Alright, so the scan finished sooner than i thought. (found nothing)
The game works in safe mode. I did try the one with the dummy mod file though.
Just thinking of it now, i should've tried the 1.0.6b version without the dummy too.

Edit:
1.0.6a with dummy file works in safe mode, as well as 1.0.6b without the dummy file.
Also tried turning on 60fps limit in safe mode but also did nothing for in normal windows.

Last edited:

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
Alright, so the scan finished sooner than i thought. (found nothing)
The game works in safe mode. I did try the one with the dummy mod file though.
Just thinking of it now, i should've tried the 1.0.6b version without the dummy too.

Edit:
1.0.6a with dummy file works in safe mode, as well as 1.0.6b without the dummy file.
Also tried turning on 60fps limit in safe mode but also did nothing for in normal windows.
If safe mode works it is probably caused by something running in the background that is conflicting/interfering with the game. Try closing open programs one by one, see if it works. The programs I imagine that could be crashing your game might be something that draws things on screen(programs with onscreen display features), like rivatuner or any video recording program. If you have something similar, try disabling/closing them first. If nothing works, try uninstalling and reinstalling graphics card driver, a corrupt driver can be very problematic.

Last edited:

Alleyne

Feb 5, 2020
If safe mode works it is probably caused by something running in the background that is conflicting/interfering with the game. Try closing open programs one by one, see if it works. The programs I imagine that could be crashing your game might be something that draws things on screen(programs with onscreen display features), like rivatuner or any video recording program. If you have something similar, try disabling/closing them first. If nothing works, try uninstalling and reinstalling graphics card driver, a corrupt driver can be very problematic.
I tried the riviatuner + msi afterburner. Sadly didn't work either. I'll try reinstalling my gpu drivers tomorrow, i really gotta go and get some sleep now :)

For now, thanks for all the help. Hopefully we can find a solution to this tomorrow.

BlameCN

Nov 7, 2021
I compiled a series of modifications.
Autosave disabled, no level cap, cheats working on all difficulties, some most earrings have been modified to add more grown stats, I increased the requirement for pussy sex/toy to 201 (Can't lose virginity), add more edits and funds, among a few other things.

Just unzip to:
Karryn's Prison\www\js\plugins

Have fun!

Ps: If I find a way to add the Dormant passive that increases passive learning, I'll update the build.
That saves a bunch of work, thanks mate.
Which file did you edit to change the pussy sex/toy value?

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 385 Votes