RPGM - Completed - Karryn's Prison [v1.2.9.64 + DLCs] [Remtairy]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Aianis

One of the best rpgm games I've played. Managing edicts is important even on normal mode which is nice compared to games of this type. Art looks really good and is not censored and there is also plenty of replayability due to the amount of edicts that can make the game feel different.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Anclrei

Great battle system, great artwork, and substantial updates. Try it!

I'm about to play version 8 for the first time, and want to share the love with everyone on the forums. Though apparently that takes 200 characters...
  3. 4.00 star(s)

throwaway908070

This is something really special. Incredibly ambitious, lots of fun, and one of the most unique approaches to H-Game design I've seen. I've got so much to say for the positive that I'm just gonna get the complaints out first.

The uptake is a bit rough. Once you get knee deep in the game's systems it's fantastically deep, but getting there isn't easy. It can be overwhelming at first, information overload with all the systems & helper NPCs. A streamlined tutorial, like say a "Level 0" to ease you in would be welcome.

That's the only major gripe. Everything else is minor. Minigames feel fun at first, but actually get less fun the further you advance in them. A few too many reused / inconsistent assets, like an orc that visually turns into a human when you sleep with it. But overall impressions are still phenomenal.

Graphics - Fantastic. It may be RPG-maker, but the custom drawings will far surpass anything from other games. Only gripe is a lack of additional female models / characters. I like Karryn, but if she's not your type then you're SOL

Gameplay - This is where it really shines. The early rock-paper-scissors of the battle system belies it's true depth as you unlock additional abilities, especially charm/intimacy options. This is probably the first H-Game where people will actually say, "I'm gonna challenge myself with a harder difficulty," because it's just that good.

Story - The concept is fantastic. I'm the type that skips through written dialogue in these generally, and you're not going to get the next great American novel here, but the strength is in the ideas and world building. This prison concept is fun and well executed - there was a lot of thought put into how this building operates, how the pieces fit together, how the inmates respond to the warden's actions...

If anything I have too many good things to say about this game. If you haven't played it and you're still reading these reviews, stop it. Go download it now. Prepare to invest some time, but it's worth it. Oh boy is it worth it.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

xxminecraftxx123

Summary:
    The best, if not one of the best, eroges I've played in my life. I had to make a review because it is that good. Highly recommend playing it and supporting the developers through their SubscribeStar page. The game is so good that I felt like I had to support the developers for how much enjoyment I got out of it. This is one of the few games I consider perfect, even though it's not even complete.

Artwork
    The artwork is very good. The game contains MANY scenes and MANY variations of each scene. The game also appeases to many fetishes ranging from the basic boob fetish to feet/rimjob fetishes (No NTR available though). The art is top tier quality work. The only issue is that there is not exactly simple CG artwork. Every "scene" is played out through gameplay at the moment.

Gameplay
    The gameplay is amazing and original. It has high replay value because of how the game integrates its erotic scenes with the management gameplay. You can choose to do certain actions to activate certain scenes, and there are MANY scenes and variations. It is fun to test all possible actions to "unlock" many scenes as you progress further into the game. You are not provided with any erotic skills in the beginning, since you must unlock them as you make your protagonist sluttier and more corrupt (there is no gallery yet, but it's definitely fun to play and grind the game to see some action). My input does not even describe 20% of the actual gameplay. Go to their site if you want to know more specifically about the gameplay.

Story
    It's very simple. You play as Karryn, and you control a prison. It is up to you on how the game progresses. The writing and localization is pretty good. The dialogue feels natural. It is definitely not a quick fap, as described on their site. You have to grind and put time into the game for proper progression and enjoyment. Additionally, reading what Karryn says during the gameplay improves your experience.

Final Thoughts
    It's really good. Just play it bro. Make sure to support the developers if you enjoy the game.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Whitesnare

Best H game ever.

The gameplay is amazing, original, and it blends perfectly into the H aspects of the game.

The art is also top notch and the hardest difficulty is a great challenge.

The only minor complain is that the minigames kinda become a little too grindy after some time.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

slimyboi

Thought I already rated this game, but here goes.

This game is by far one of if not my favorite H-game of all time. I won’t go too much into the pros since there is so many and I’m sure other reviews have gone over them. I will say that if you like games with corruption, “bad states” or weaknesses gained over time or sub/dom play styles and BFRPGs then you will probably love this game. I am rarely ever impressed by the thumbnail images for h-games, but I was for this game and was not disappointed.

To keep this short, these are really the only complaints I have:
    • The sadism/masochism system (basically submissive/dominant) does not make sense in many cases. You can gain sadism from using certain skills like handjob or anal sex (might have been changed) and sometimes just from being forced to do it. This is a pretty common complaint though and some of these skills no longer do this, so I’m sure it will be changed in the future.
    • There is a decent amount of grind in this game. This is most apparent when doing the hardest mode or trying to lose on purpose, but especially on the first play through the content is so good you won’t notice it usually. There are cheats/mods to lower the grind, and you can lower the difficulty when doing a new game plus (but you can’t raise it on that save file). Quick tip, there is a setting to increase text speed which I missed in the beginning and was pretty frustrating without.
    • This game isn’t complete yet, but already has many hours of content and the story is not very important anyway. Thankfully you won’t need to wait too long as there is a big content update coming this month and the game will likely be finished around December/early 2022. I don’t think you need to wait for it to be finished, the game is already fully fleshed out and is just missing some of the last enemy types, one side job and the ending story content (and edicts). The developers are the most consistent and professional I have ever seen for an H game, consistently pushing large updates every 3-4 months and giving progress reports weekly.
    Still these downsides are FAR outweighed by the good portions of this game and the developers are very communicative and fixed many of the issues already. This game is a must-play imo.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

floran

Great game even if still a wip, the gameplay doesnt get tiresome even as you repeate the game.

The minigames are fun and the difficulty is fair.
    The art is amazing, hope to see more of it as the game as of May 2021 leaves in a huge cliffhanger.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Dargondo

Good fucking game, great art, enjoyable gameplay, surprisingly relaxing progression considering you don't have to worry about save scumming.

My only issue currently is that the combat quickly gets impossible to win and as soon as you take on a single side job, your slut score goes through the roof, making winning in battle even more difficult.
    The level cap is pretty inconvenient as well, if only because you enter into the game supposedly being this severely powerful badass, yet I can't overpower the level 2 boss.

Still a very fun game that is actually posing a risk to my health since it's not healthy to maintain an erection for more than four hours.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

gffgg

Karryn's Prison has the best H-Game gameplay - H-content integration bar-none. My favourite game on the site as it's actually a great game and hot. Best played from a female perspective where you don't want to be violated (because you will be), this causes defeats to be more exciting.
  10. 2.00 star(s)

PepperMan

I'll begin by saying that the game has neat and well developed mechanics.

The art looks great as well.

Combat was interesting.

Overall I really enjoy the passives and title system.

The one minigame i played was pretty cool and fun.

So what's my gripe? It can be summed up by one word. Speed. The game plays abysmally slow. I can only presume its because of processing because I can't imagine this being done intentionally (and i all options to reduce it to minimum). I played the bar game once on max time. I didn't check time at start but I'm gonna guess it took 30 mins (while it felt like 2 hours) and I coulda done that 4-5 times before hitting the fatigue restored per day. And thats with minimum gear, based on the description Im guessing its gonna double or more when you got upgrades and reputation.

Fatigue starts incredibly early. At a mere 20% you start getting penalties.

The game was fun but It feels like it wastes so much in pure waiting time when nothing happens. When I need to use Cheat Engine speedhacks to make it bearable something has gone wrong.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

DrPooff

Basically, I dont know what to say, It's just the best game out there, at least for me.
    The only thing that i'd like is even more stuff to do or someway to customize karryn ( I know there are mods but they doesnt work in some CG, i want something included in the game that works propely).
    Anyway as i said, its simply awesome.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Hentai Dream Gamming

Amazing corruption game with a ton of contents.
    The graphics are impressive (especially if you are into big breasts and boobs).
    The combat system is complex with a lot of elements to consider (your stance, your stamina gauge and of course your lust/desire).
    The management system of the prison is quite complex too and you can have a lot of different strategies to gain money (implying of course to get a bit dirtier :sneaky:) or corrupting the guards etc.

This is the kind of rare hentai RPG maker game we would like to see more...
  13. 4.00 star(s)

Ackillez

A very ambitious project that sometimes gets brought down by its own inherent complexities.

Karryn's Prison feels like a Magnum Opus, a game where you can really see the developer's ambition and vision behind the pixels. You're in control of Karryn, the female warden of a jail full of horny men.

Running the prison will challenge you on a strategic, tactical and personal layer. You need to keep the prison in order, or you will see it break down into anarchy and lose the game. You will struggle with funding, and you will struggle when battling misbehaving prisoners. As the game progresses, you also have to content with the MC's growing sexual awakening- a persistent theme that underpins everything else.

As Karryn grows increasingly horny, you will increasingly be forced to capitulate into using her charms to service inmates as a way to keep the prison in order. This mechanic is insidious, somewhat frustrating and a stroke of genius.

The art here is good and the scenes are very dynamic, arising spontaneously from interactions in battles and various minigames. On the other hand, it lacks the set-piece scenes often associated with the genre, which can also make the content feel somewhat generic after a while.

My main gripe about the game is that it's a bit too convoluted for its own good, and some of the minigames in particular can really bog down and take forever to complete. This is a problem when a normal playthrough encourages you to play through them repeatedly, which gets tiresome after a while. The combat system similarly just takes a lot of time to get through a single combat round. The game's currently in active development and unfinishable, so consider that these issues may get changed before release. I think it would definitely benefit from some gameplay and GUI streamlining.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

FoolClone

Corruption and harassment through synergistic gameplay do not get much better than this. Karryn's design might not appeal to everyone what with the enormous chest, but it only serves to further characterize the extent of fer pride-fullness. I love the halberd, I love the passives in their wealth, I like that the guards don't leave everything to the convicts, I love the goblins- play to know the full list.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

AntonSasay

If you are a fan of a milf with a huge everything than this game is for you.
    Good variety of content mixed with interesting gameplay of RPGM.
    The only thing that bothers is the long time between updates, but when development is finished, that won't be an issue.
    Easily recommended for anyone!
  16. 5.00 star(s)

timmie123

Even if you redo the same combats, it feels totally different (especially cause of different positions)
    More than enough content, look really forward to the new updates and possibly new jobs
    10/10 would recommend to anyone
  17. 4.00 star(s)

Kathrino

It is really on of the greatest games in last years. Lot of fun good balance with not only fucking also some "normal" play like fight´s, buy some stuff and make her more corrupt over time. Maybe the game at this points need some more jobs, and a bit more choises for Karryn.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

DarkSaTaN

speechless for what you're doing so far. keep it up
    if I had money and it wasn’t dollar (dollar is expensive for me). would be giving financial support
    and I'm sorry if the translation is bad, English is not my native language
  19. 4.00 star(s)

OrnSmo

This is one of those rare H games that actually brings more to the table than just sexy time. I love that there is so much to do in this game. Some other games need to take notes on this *cough* "The Lewd Knight". I also like how you just don't jump straight into sex. It's very gradual, giving you a sense that you could do a possible, "virgin" run. Not a lot of gripes with this game only that the dialogue speed needs adjusting. Tried so many times but the framerate tends to be all over the place while trying to speed through. Very subjective but having some animation would bring this to a higher score. Good game so far.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

holasoiflair

Karryn's Prison excels in its gameplay. It has a unique and complex combat system that allows for experimentation and customizing like no other lewdgames before. Combine that with top tier artworks and fitting music and you have a top tier game.
    But I do have to say that the game is much more difficult than one might think. It is intended that the game seems like it's stacked against you because, well, it is. Even though that is intended, I still think that some balance adjustments would help the game tremendously.