RPGM - Completed - Karryn's Prison [v1.2.9.64 + DLCs] [Remtairy]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Ackillez

A very ambitious project that sometimes gets brought down by its own inherent complexities.

Karryn's Prison feels like a Magnum Opus, a game where you can really see the developer's ambition and vision behind the pixels. You're in control of Karryn, the female warden of a jail full of horny men.

Running the prison will challenge you on a strategic, tactical and personal layer. You need to keep the prison in order, or you will see it break down into anarchy and lose the game. You will struggle with funding, and you will struggle when battling misbehaving prisoners. As the game progresses, you also have to content with the MC's growing sexual awakening- a persistent theme that underpins everything else.

As Karryn grows increasingly horny, you will increasingly be forced to capitulate into using her charms to service inmates as a way to keep the prison in order. This mechanic is insidious, somewhat frustrating and a stroke of genius.

The art here is good and the scenes are very dynamic, arising spontaneously from interactions in battles and various minigames. On the other hand, it lacks the set-piece scenes often associated with the genre, which can also make the content feel somewhat generic after a while.

My main gripe about the game is that it's a bit too convoluted for its own good, and some of the minigames in particular can really bog down and take forever to complete. This is a problem when a normal playthrough encourages you to play through them repeatedly, which gets tiresome after a while. The combat system similarly just takes a lot of time to get through a single combat round. The game's currently in active development and unfinishable, so consider that these issues may get changed before release. I think it would definitely benefit from some gameplay and GUI streamlining.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

FoolClone

Corruption and harassment through synergistic gameplay do not get much better than this. Karryn's design might not appeal to everyone what with the enormous chest, but it only serves to further characterize the extent of fer pride-fullness. I love the halberd, I love the passives in their wealth, I like that the guards don't leave everything to the convicts, I love the goblins- play to know the full list.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

AntonSasay

If you are a fan of a milf with a huge everything than this game is for you.
    Good variety of content mixed with interesting gameplay of RPGM.
    The only thing that bothers is the long time between updates, but when development is finished, that won't be an issue.
    Easily recommended for anyone!
  4. 5.00 star(s)

timmie123

Even if you redo the same combats, it feels totally different (especially cause of different positions)
    More than enough content, look really forward to the new updates and possibly new jobs
    10/10 would recommend to anyone
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Kathrino

It is really on of the greatest games in last years. Lot of fun good balance with not only fucking also some "normal" play like fight´s, buy some stuff and make her more corrupt over time. Maybe the game at this points need some more jobs, and a bit more choises for Karryn.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

DarkSaTaN

speechless for what you're doing so far. keep it up
    if I had money and it wasn’t dollar (dollar is expensive for me). would be giving financial support
    and I'm sorry if the translation is bad, English is not my native language
  7. 4.00 star(s)

OrnSmo

This is one of those rare H games that actually brings more to the table than just sexy time. I love that there is so much to do in this game. Some other games need to take notes on this *cough* "The Lewd Knight". I also like how you just don't jump straight into sex. It's very gradual, giving you a sense that you could do a possible, "virgin" run. Not a lot of gripes with this game only that the dialogue speed needs adjusting. Tried so many times but the framerate tends to be all over the place while trying to speed through. Very subjective but having some animation would bring this to a higher score. Good game so far.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

holasoiflair

Karryn's Prison excels in its gameplay. It has a unique and complex combat system that allows for experimentation and customizing like no other lewdgames before. Combine that with top tier artworks and fitting music and you have a top tier game.
    But I do have to say that the game is much more difficult than one might think. It is intended that the game seems like it's stacked against you because, well, it is. Even though that is intended, I still think that some balance adjustments would help the game tremendously.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

HypnoKitten

Holy dildoes... this is, so far, one of the best RPGCM games I've played in like forever. It is a corruption game primarily but it is so delicious, unlock trees keep expanding so you're always wanting to do one-more-thing, the art is great, the sex scenes are pretty hot and new stuff keeps getting added in, you're always wanting to find out what happens next... This may be an early game but I'm not even through level three and I'm glued to it. If there was a bad thing to it is that some stuff gets a liiiitle grindy (the jobs are fun but when you've seen all their scenes but still need some income boost / don't want them to degrade, you get a bit meh) but still fun. The receptionist job, brilliant, free-use style that's almost never (if ever) really touched on in games. Just.. love it, and both can't wait to see updates and thinking nervously about if I'll have to start over when they come out.. and hoping very very much that I won't have to..
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Vanafaye

I've never left a review for any other game. But this is the only one that I'm consistently playing for at least 10 hours with every monthly update.

I see a lot of complaints about the combat system but for anybody who put any effort into the game knows that physical combat is by far the best in the early game, and the slut route is the best later on. The combat is the best part once you take the time to understand it properly.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

definitelynotworking

Really one of the unique games ever, and it so well done too.

It's a very unique management game and the customizability and scale of the game is amazing.

Combat system is great and the ability to subdue enemies using sex is a hot alternative to the combat system. The CG scenes also adapt to it which gives it such a nice sequance.

Excited for when the game gets finished!!!
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 135786

I won't state the obvious. The five stars I've given already tell you that I don't see a single significant issue with this game. The only problem Karryn's Prison has is that it's still in development, lol.

Just two things, though.

First, if you don't particularly enjoy voluptuous girls, don't give it a second thought. I mean, it *feels* right in this case because if Karryn didn't have those huge assets, the combat stripping mechanics this game sports wouldn't click into place as well as it does. That's my opinion.

Second, as a creator myself, I need to say I'd like to be half as good as a game designer as this guy is.

Game Design is, without a doubt, the most overlooked game dev role ever. But it's what makes a game entertaining or not. It's the skill to take all those separated artistic assets and coding hours and turn them into something COHESIVE you can enjoy. And this guy does it *perfectly*.

I've seen numerous examples of teams of people quite good in what they do. Coding, writing, animation, drawing... but when there's not a single person that makes a conscious, almost full-time effort, in abandoning the "technical playground" they live in, and be pragmatic and ask himself if what you're doing is *actually* a GAME... then they usually fail.

Not the case of Remtairy.

So yeah, I feel deep healthy envy for this creator. He's a role model for the rest of us.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Homarid

I played on patch 0.7B.h

Great art. This is probably my favorite style. Hand drawn, touched up, and beautiful.

The combat is interesting and usually fun, but a bit tedious at times. I would like to see a way to speed up the animations or something more than just holding down enter. The gameplay set up like a RPG in that enemies reset every time you rest and you slowly build stats to make battles easier while getting to the next boss.

The edicts are all over the place. It's hard to tell which ones are useful because it takes a while to learn what every stat is doing and what it means for gameplay. I would also like to see a way to remove edicts that you already bought.

I don't really care for the jobs. I guess they are okay for money, but it really takes a long time. When you click on "30 minutes" it really means that.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

mamansuwung

The person who laughs and jokes at Remtairy or "Karryn Prison" may not have met in person. As good and healthy as that he is with new people, one of them is to me, who at first I was a fan of him, he could even become friends. Everyone who has met him must agree with me
  15. 5.00 star(s)

lewdgazer

I came for Karryn.
    I came to Karryn. Too many times for it to be healthy.
    I came back for the systems which are somehow complex enough to make the gameplay actually pretty fun. Choosing between pure and slut playstyles is common enough, but it's rare to see both being so involved - along with letting you choose exactly how depraved you want your character to be, and reap the benefits. Or dicks. Maybe both. And besides that, managing the prison can be an ordeal even without Karryn having dicks on her mind 24 /7.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

RageKnight

I was honestly surprised there were things you could unlock by beating up people and not having sex.

you can do a "deathless" run of the game and still be rewarded for it. Of course, said rewards make the run harder and easier for you.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

zeeshock

I love this game it has a great mechanics and a lot of content
    great drawings and play style
    easy to play and at the same time its challenging
    it is the first time I make a review for a game
    I recommend playing it and give it a try
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Bearcules

The graphics for the protagonist are of high quality and are based on image layering to allow for modular displays. Gameplay is polished, including the optional mini-games. The game code is done by a professional with errors few and far between during development. This game consistently leaves me impressed as development progresses.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Asdrubal69

One of the few games that actually could have play challenges - if you want to. Otherwise, you can get fapping pretty quickly, with a lot of control over the kinks. I keep coming back to this one. Images are quite nice, too, and the whole tech tree and perks system adds even more variety. If you want to, there are also several fun sidegames - I particularly like the bar.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

shin_

Hot MC, beautiful art, captivating gameplay, a very good fetish/combat/expansion system, the game truly has it all even though it's not completed yet. Rooting for the people working on this! Worth every bit of support.