4.60 star(s) 26 Votes

Cookiedraggy

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2019
Anyone else manage to escape this room?
View attachment 1843686
Feels like I'm missing some kind of mechanic tried
  • sling shooting off first point from below can at best graze the bottom of two red kill blocks and die
  • dropping off rope on far side, dashing in mid air then double jumping to grab rope always lose too much height can't reach
  • hugging left most wall when butt slamming in to grab ledge but butt slam is uninterruptible
Drop off the rope and quickly dash, then jump is the intended solution to this one. You gotta be quick, tho. ^^ I'll probably add some tweaks to it, either lower the gravity for a few frames upon letting go of a rope, or making the snapping to rope stronger, possibly both.

Reactions: Stuffie
Apr 12, 2020
Drop off the rope and quickly dash, then jump is the intended solution to this one. You gotta be quick, tho. ^^ I'll probably add some tweaks to it, either lower the gravity for a few frames upon letting go of a rope, or making the snapping to rope stronger, possibly both.
Took another crack at it with a controller instead of keyboard and got it 2nd attempt, my fault for playing a platformer with the keyboard.

Stuffie

Fluffy ears!
Donor
Nov 9, 2018
Three days old, but I'm a busy pile of fluff these days. :p

Weekly Roundup - Week 22 - Kincaid got HAMMERED?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Consider if you enjoy the game!

kabis

Oct 10, 2018
man tried to look at the cg by decompling the game ... look like a lot of work to put the pieces together :/

kvier

Apr 30, 2018
Older versions of GameMaker used to just store the sprite sheets as PNGs, and you could extract them from data.win and look at them.

But about half a year ago, they switched to a new image format on-disk that's a bzip2-compressed modified version of the "Quite Ok Image Format (qoif)" so I haven't yet pieced together how to convert them back into images. Maybe someone else can give me a hint.

kabis

Oct 10, 2018
i have an old version of kincaid in saved on my computer
il look to see if the pic are ok in it
edit:
nope , the same in the 2020 christmas version

Last edited:

kabis

Oct 10, 2018
there is a suport for the qoi image format in , i just don't know ho to use it
edit: it took me 10 min to assemble one picture , there are like 10 pics per scenes ... and it's only in 1920/1080:/

Last edited:

Stuffie

Fluffy ears!
Donor
Nov 9, 2018
Also, new builds released today.
Oh, thanks for the heads-up!

Kincaid Build 2022.06 & Glitchcaid 2

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

/

Consider if you enjoy the game!

It's amazing to be part of this game's development, and seeing all the love and functionality/features you two keep putting into it. Much love from me to you two! <3

Last edited:

Stuffie

Fluffy ears!
Donor
Nov 9, 2018
Stuffie , the 2022-06 build file says it's "temporarily unavailable" on anonfiles, but the Glitchcaid file is available; can you reupload?
I received an error when I first tried to upload the actual build. Not sure what the reason is, but I'll upload it elsewhere - see the update post for an alternative DL-link via Zippyshare in a moment.

EDIT: Done. :3

gilgamesh9

Sep 10, 2019
I could just suck but so far cant say much about the 2 game because cant get past the hook shot part lol

4.60 star(s) 26 Votes