VN - Ren'Py - Completed - King of the Raft - A LitRPG Visual Novel Apocalypse Adventure [Final] [Royal Guard Publishing]

1. 2.00 star(s)

perechon

Pros:
    Text/Story: Story is a good one, Apocalyptic setting, water world style. And the writer speaks english quite well, only few mistakes.
    Graphics: Nice.
    Acoustics: Music is ok, but not new. Have heard it elsewhere. There is a narrator, who reads the text ( most of ) aloud, which is clearly a plus.

Cons:
    Game-Genre: VN! How could you! This should be a management/survival game, with some RPG-elements! This game here could be a nice addition for such a game, but nothing more.
    Animations: Non-existent.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Sheepy Cloud

Cannot actually find this game enjoyable.

- Skipping. Forces you to the next option, there are no settings to change this.
    - Auto. Does nothing as far as I could tell.
    - Choices. Might as well be a kinetic novel. There's only 3 or 4 of these over the course of the entire game.
    - Sex Scenes. Limited to only the two I saw. I quit maybe 30 minutes to an hour later.
    (Edit to clarify this: I quit after I finished the content the game had, without skipping anything.)
    - Text #1. Sub-par, leaves much to be desired, but still not the worst that I've downloaded and uninstalled recently.
    - Game Length. Incredibly short. Could be played in 1-2 minutes if you use Skip.
    - Text #2. It's buggy. You'll sometimes see messages get skipped over the instant they're finished typing out. Means you either read it as it slowly types out, or read it through glimpses of the text by constantly rolling back.

In all, in my opinion, not worth the download, or the time of day.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

kino33

It felt like a giant tutorial with literally no meaningful choices.
    Literally everything sounds so interesting and the it turns out there is no game play at all
    Only two optional H scenes with the same character
    What a giant waste two hours
  4. 3.00 star(s)

happybrother

Such a short game. But it's more of a novel. Choices don't matter.

Where are the promised LitRPG elements? City management they promised? The one screen background with character's stats they've displayed once as a plot element?

I liked the story, but it's more a teaser for a novel, not a 2.8GB game.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

Incombat

The story and world building in this is good, but it's about the only good pro.

Art is ok, voice acting is mediocre, writing has some weird grammatic mistakes from time to time. And it's not much content for "completed" game, just a 2 hours kinetic novel read. Feels like prologue, honestly.

Also, doesn't help that the story has literal quests, upgrading your raft, crafting and looting, open world map, trading... But nothing of it is reflected in the gameplay - it's all just reading.

Anyway, the game itself is meh, but the world is intriguing, hopefully they will do a proper game with it some day.