VN Ren'Py Completed King of the Raft - A LitRPG Visual Novel Apocalypse Adventure [Final] [Royal Guard Publishing]

2.20 star(s) 5 Votes

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
kotr.jpg

Overview:
Florida Man gets Isekaied.

King of the Raft is a visual novel game.
You can click through the story, select options, and hear immersive dialogue that matches the story.
The story is about: Atlantis existed and the faction from our legends loved Earthlings.
They departed, forgetting about Earth. A new faction sees our inferior species destroying the planet.
They claim Earth as theirs, opening portals to flood the oceans to above 7000'. Zack is jet skiing in Florida when the apocalypse happens.
He saves a damsel in distress, discovers freaky sea monsters, and creates a raft city.
Zack must save the desperate, improve his base, and use the overlords reward system to bide his time.​

Thread Updated: 2021-10-12
Release Date: 2021-10-10
Developer: Royal Guard Publishing -
Censored: No
Version: Final
Language: English
Voiced: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - -
Other: Compressed* - Android*

* This compression is unofficial, reduces asset quality, and may or may not break your game
screenshot0015.png screenshot0001.png screenshot0003.png screenshot0004.png screenshot0008.png screenshot0009.png screenshot0005.png screenshot0014.png screenshot0011.png screenshot0006.png screenshot0017.png screenshot0002.png screenshot0007.png screenshot0016.png screenshot0010.png screenshot0012.png screenshot0013.png screenshot0018.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 8, 2019
Just played Chapter One.

The story is interesting so far, and the fact that it's entirely voice acted (so far?) is impressive. You've clearly spent a lot of effort on this!

However, some criticisms:

* Having separate windows for phrases like "he said" is annoying as a player. Maybe just keep "he said" in the spoken message but remove from the written one. Examples include one slide saying just "Jesus" and another simply saying "I exclaimed" or "You-you left me," followed by "she shouted". (from the beginning of Chapter 2). These don't need to be two slides!

* There wasn't a single choice in all of chapter one and only one in chapter 2! I get that it's a visual novel and that you're setting the backstory up, but choices really help to give players a sense of agency. What about having a few forced choices? You could choose to follow the tour boats (it wouldn't make much difference, would it?). You could choose to scoop up the water bottles or look at the other debris. You could choose to turn back to shore when you get the alert on your phone (again, it wouldn't accomplish anything). You could have a conversation with the girl to try and get around the rule of two tickets.

* There's a habit of the game describing a sight without actually showing it to you (or before showing it to you), like the man on the phone in chapter 2. It would be nice to have a picture to go along with it.

Last edited:

sanahtlig

Jul 6, 2019
Was the writing in this created by a machine learning, since seems very off.
You mean lines like "I slammed my spear down in a swing"? To be fair, humans are just as capable of spewing out nonsense when cornered and forced to produce.

NinjaNamedBob

May 3, 2018

Apparently, her organs have dislodged from their normal resting place and are now bunched up somewhere near her pelvis, or this man has found a way to tap into the ether to increase the size of his erection astronomically. Either way, this girl is going to require hospitalization afterwards.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Game Compressor
Donor
Apr 2, 2019
King of the Raft - Stuufff [Final] [Royal Guard Publishing] – Compressed

(161.79 MiB :: 2.16 GiB)
(150.63 MiB)
(145.09 MiB)
This compression is unofficial, reduces asset quality, and may or may not break your game,

Caveat emptor.

jxd

Jun 8, 2020
finished? There is practically no difference between the decisions: Yes, I thought it would lead to different paths and it only serves to hide scenes: D.

SkepSyS

Oct 2, 2020
I fell the story is nice but it seems to have been written more for a sandbox management game (would have been awesome btw)... when it got interesting it ended... so why does it say complete then? Or are we talking about this version... It has huge potential for management type game! But if it takes them 5 years to make... I will forget about it...

2.20 star(s) 5 Votes