Sevatar88

Oct 8, 2017
I don't even understand what's going on at this point anymore. I mean that for a while now every scene Nomo draws is like he'd parody his own art in a negative way doing that in a different way each time at that :WaitWhat:
For shits and giggles go compare Dr. Graevlings early art to his current style. It went from at least partial realism to a more cartoony style as the years went by. Now understand this is not me defending a drop in art quality, but such a thing is not unheard of.

drebin

May 1, 2017
For shits and giggles go compare Dr. Graevlings early art to his current style. It went from at least partial realism to a more cartoony style as the years went by. Now understand this is not me defending a drop in art quality, but such a thing is not unheard of.
I don't know how many of you learned digital illustration, but look at it.

This isn't Nomo's art style evolving with the years and it ending up looking different. It simply has a lot less time/effort dedicated to making it. You can see the building blocks Nomo uses for the bodies. Look at the ribcage outline, that's the most obvious. If it was only that it would be bit strange, but otherwise ok. The problem is that it's not rendered properly, colors aren't blended to be smooth or to fit the lighting more naturally. So most of it looks off, half finished.

My personal guess is that Nomo has a longer than average turnover cycle for the base images, which is then used for the variations, which are made fairly quickly. Considering this it would make sense why the updates and the extra packs took so damn long while they were still doing it.

The new format is basically using a colored rough with a story attached. Less cleaning up, less blending and overall less rendering, most likely cutting out the parts that Nomo takes the most time with.

Reactions: Barri and Sevatar88

Sevatar88

Oct 8, 2017
I don't know how many of you learned digital illustration, but look at it.

This isn't Nomo's art style evolving with the years and it ending up looking different. It simply has a lot less time/effort dedicated to making it. You can see the building blocks Nomo uses for the bodies. Look at the ribcage outline, that's the most obvious. If it was only that it would be bit strange, but otherwise ok. The problem is that it's not rendered properly, colors aren't blended to be smooth or to fit the lighting more naturally. So most of it looks off, half finished.

My personal guess is that Nomo has a longer than average turnover cycle for the base images, which is then used for the variations, which are made fairly quickly. Considering this it would make sense why the updates and the extra packs took so damn long while they were still doing it.

The new format is basically using a colored rough with a story attached. Less cleaning up, less blending and overall less rendering, most likely cutting out the parts that Nomo takes the most time with.
Thanks for pointing those things out. I don't have any training in digital art per say and I haven't picked up a pencil in years for what it's worth so much of that is new to me. I still however stand by my point about Dr. Graevling though. He went from this.

To this.

Reactions: drebin

drebin

May 1, 2017
Thanks for pointing those things out. I don't have any training in digital art per say and I haven't picked up a pencil in years for what it's worth so much of that is new to me. I still however stand by my point about Dr. Graevling though. He went from this.

To this.
It wasn't specifically pointed at your post to be honest, more in general. Your's just had a good connection to the topic. I didn't want to contend Graevling's art changing. Most artist's go through different art styles throughout their carrier. They get bored of the old one, or just evolve by learning or some other factor.

Sevatar88

Oct 8, 2017

Hey guys. Here's the update that completes our .10 patch.
- Some small QoL additions for a few quests to make it easier to keep track of the next step.
- Bris scene added in. You will need a save that does not have the Bris quest completed in order to see the scene. We had a pop-up message in the placeholder version mentioning to make a save for this purpose, we hope you have those saves ready!
- Prison Orc quest has been reworked significantly. There are defined paths for both Dom and Sub, the orcs are more fleshed out, and it is now skippable. (IMPORTANT: Make sure to save your games on the main orc camp screen before loading them in the new version to avoid any conflicts.)
It took a bit longer than we wanted to get this out, so we really appreciate everyone who has continued to support us. We've already started on .11, and we're looking forward to getting right back into the swing of it.
We'll also be doing patron pick in the next few days!
As always, thanks guys.

PC Version:
MAC Version:

Here we go, now will somone be a good sport and upload the Art pack or shall I burn 25$ as my twice yearly bone throw to Nomo for assisting MY Bone.

jowishg

Yare yare dawa (ง •̀_•́)ง
Donor
May 6, 2018

Hey guys. Here's the update that completes our .10 patch.
- Some small QoL additions for a few quests to make it easier to keep track of the next step.
- Bris scene added in. You will need a save that does not have the Bris quest completed in order to see the scene. We had a pop-up message in the placeholder version mentioning to make a save for this purpose, we hope you have those saves ready!
- Prison Orc quest has been reworked significantly. There are defined paths for both Dom and Sub, the orcs are more fleshed out, and it is now skippable. (IMPORTANT: Make sure to save your games on the main orc camp screen before loading them in the new version to avoid any conflicts.)
It took a bit longer than we wanted to get this out, so we really appreciate everyone who has continued to support us. We've already started on .11, and we're looking forward to getting right back into the swing of it.
We'll also be doing patron pick in the next few days!
As always, thanks guys.

PC Version: Mega
MAC Version: Mega

Here we go, now will somone be a good sport and upload the Art pack or shall I burn 25$ as my twice yearly bone throw to Nomo for assisting MY Bone.
Thanks a lot !

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes