jackofshadows

May 24, 2018
Personally, after this update I've lost mine remnants of faith in this project but if for some miracle it will turn out a complete actual game, I will gladly give it a go and will consider funding next one if there'll be any.

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Kirk

Donor
Sep 27, 2019
Personally, after this update I've lost mine remnants of faith in this project but if for some miracle it will turn out a complete actual game, I will gladly give it a go and will consider funding next one if there'll be any.
I feel what killed this game wasn't the devs lack of talent or artistic capability but over ambition. The amount of scenes these poor bastards have to create for every update is pretty extreme. 3 Different Sabia's, 3 Different Allies and different decisions that have outcomes on each players play through. That's a lot of variables that they have to consider whenever they go forward with a scene/story/quest. There is no way that they could deliver the type of updates, which got every excited about this game, like they did in the beginning. Also they have had to add scenes with certain fetishes and other characters to keep the variation up in this game. I think that's the biggest sin these devs have, way to ambitious.

Last edited by a moderator:

megaszone

Sep 5, 2016
Yeah, when the game was tight in its orc society sim, it was pretty fun. The more and more we branch out from the camp, the less I look forward to updates. Did not care for the tentacle beast. Did not care for the cat girl. Did not care roaming around empty villages. Etc, etc...

jackofshadows

May 24, 2018
I feel what killed this game wasn't the devs lack of talent or artistic capability but over ambition. The amount of scenes these poor bastards have to create for every update is pretty extreme. 3 Different Sabia's, 3 Different Allies and different decisions that have outcomes on each players play through. That's a lot of variables that they have to consider whenever they go forward with a scene/story/quest. There is no way that they could deliver the type of updates, which got every excited about this game, like they did in the beginning. Also they have had to add scenes with certain fetishes and other characters to keep the variation up in this game. I think that's the biggest sin these devs have, way to ambitious.
That's a one way to look at it. A positive one. It's not a rocket sience that branching might be/become complicating as fuck. And Hreinn Games weren't actually newbie devs when they've started the project, especially by adult dev standarts. They had to have a plan to properly implement it and it didn't seem to me that they had problems whatsoever with managing it back then let's say in 4.2 update.

So even if put it like this - their ambitions eventually exeeded their abilities (probably mostly due to well-known here team changes) if you gotta continue you have to cut corners, make maybe even drastic changes, anything to keep it afloat. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be the case here.

Captain Kirk

Donor
Sep 27, 2019
That's a one way to look at it. A positive one. It's not a rocket sience that branching might be/become complicating as fuck. And Hreinn Games weren't actually newbie devs when they've started the project, especially by adult dev standarts. They had to have a plan to properly implement it and it didn't seem to me that they had problems whatsoever with managing it back then let's say in 4.2 update.

So even if put it like this - their ambitions eventually exeeded their abilities (probably mostly due to well-known here team changes) if you gotta continue you have to cut corners, make maybe even drastic changes, anything to keep it afloat. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be the case here.
Oh for sure, I agree, just being over ambitious is not all they did wrong. I might have worded it wrong, my apologies, I think being over ambitious has put them into an unwinnable state with the fans of the game. With the current way the game is being developed they still plan on having everything that they promised to begin with, but the problem is people will bitch about the speed and quantity of updates. If the focused on the orc settlements and ignore other species people will bitch that they only see green dicks with sabia now. If they focused on expanding the world like they did a couple updates ago people will bitch that the orc settlements are being ignored. It seems to me that no matter what they produce at this point it will be ripped to shreds.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Oh for sure, I agree, just being over ambitious is not all they did wrong. I might have worded it wrong, my apologies, I think being over ambitious has put them into an unwinnable state with the fans of the game. With the current way the game is being developed they still plan on having everything that they promised to begin with, but the problem is people will bitch about the speed and quantity of updates. If the focused on the orc settlements and ignore other species people will bitch that they only see green dicks with sabia now. If they focused on expanding the world like they did a couple updates ago people will bitch that the orc settlements are being ignored. It seems to me that no matter what they produce at this point it will be ripped to shreds.
i agree the ambitious aspect may be their achilles heel and that unfortunately some people here are a lost cause.
They already decided to moan about anything the developers release no matter what it is. I would hardly call those people fans, it is just a hate circle jerking in this thread.

• Haha
Reactions: Captain Kirk

sharpys

May 21, 2017
This game development is becoming a shit show. There’s my 2 cents; Change my mind.

TRANT

Aug 22, 2017
My first playtrough and I wonder if it´s possible to win the first fight against the orcs?
Wanna know if I suck or just took the wrong decisions or impossible to win.

Homilion

Nov 16, 2017
Long time away from this game. Has the rape scene at the beginning added back? Actually, is there any rape here? I still see the tag but it also says Patreon.

AmAAnA

Jul 5, 2018
Hello Guys someone help please ihave so much Error in the game

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
SyntaxError: invalid syntax (game/02OrcCamp Phase 02.rpy, line 1897)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "02OrcCamp Phase 02.rpyc", line 90, in script call
  File "02OrcCamp Phase 02.rpyc", line 1893, in script
  File "D:\MEGA\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc[0.10.7]\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1531, in execute
    choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set)
  File "D:\MEGA\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc[0.10.7]\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 855, in menu
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition) ]
  File "D:\MEGA\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc[0.10.7]\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1917, in py_eval
    code = py_compile(code, 'eval')
  File "D:\MEGA\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc[0.10.7]\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\python.py", line 674, in py_compile
    raise e

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3.3347
Kingdom of Deception 0.10.7
Sun Jul 05 10:47:10 2020

Reactions: woilf

Psyside

Jun 30, 2017
Hello Guys someone help please ihave so much Error in the game

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "02OrcCamp Phase 02.rpyc", line 1893, in script
  File "D:\MEGA\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc[0.10.7]\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1531, in execute
    choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set)
  File "D:\MEGA\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc[0.10.7]\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 855, in menu
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition) ]
  File "D:\MEGA\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc[0.10.7]\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1917, in py_eval
    code = py_compile(code, 'eval')
  File "D:\MEGA\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc[0.10.7]\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\python.py", line 674, in py_compile
    raise e

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3.3347
Kingdom of Deception 0.10.7
Sun Jul 05 10:47:10 2020
Its a known bug thats fixed in version 0.10.8 But no one has posted that one yet. Need someone to rip it from the patreon

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Welp another par for the course update for this gmae, absolutely underwhelming. See you guys in 5 months!

acue

Aug 5, 2017
Putting all talk about the quality and frequency of updates aside the main issue I've had with Hreinn for a while now has been their complete inability to communicate with their patrons in a consistent manner. Sure art assets take a lot of time and sweat to make but I'd probably feel a bit more obligated to maintain a healthy channel with the people supporting my lifestyle if I was in their position.

Whatever their intent is it comes off slimey to me. I could easily accept the premise that they're just doing the bare minimum to maintain payments because they fail to alleviate any of these concerns by dropping the ball in this way.

Teal

Aug 8, 2016
Does anyone have a save on the sub path before the prison? I can't seem to progress to that point no matter what I do, I always get stuck (yes im following the walkthrough. So many locations and so much back and forth!

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes