Azurite

Jul 28, 2017
Didn't notice it myself. Then again, I wasn't spending much time looking at their faces. :p
Maybe it's just because of the angles they're in. Maybe Nomo was trying out something new or he's bad at drawing close ups of faces from that angle. I don't know. Could be that the more detailed art was just taking too long so they decided to downgrade. At this point we can just guess.
This is going to be a useless reply to unlock the ability to add a link to my next post. I'm going to upload several screenshots of the scenes to compare properly.

Reactions: ponyguy

Azurite

Jul 28, 2017
Okay so here's the imgu link with 8 pictures of several scenes, you'll see the difference in quality between version 0.1.0 & 0.2.0 It's... really it's visible. You cannot miss it with Neve, face and breasts, like it's another person who made those drawings.

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
Okay so here's the imgu link with 8 pictures of several scenes, you'll see the difference in quality between version 0.1.0 & 0.2.0 It's... really it's visible. You cannot miss it with Neve, face and breasts, like it's another person who made those drawings.

It's definitely visible. I just didn't notice it until you pointed it out.
Like I said, maybe it's the angle. Only way we'll know is if we ask them. I can't do that until the public release. Well, I can, but it would be rude.

dzd1121

Apr 20, 2017
There's also a bug with the Eavesdrop on Orcs. If that one particular orc dies, the other orcs still speak like he's alive. Taking a peak at the code, it seems they flipped the conversations.

Q

Q

the orgy doesn't have significant variants (as in different cg). there is a single cg with 6 catsluts. The difference is that enslaving them has them chained to the floor, whereas having them work off the debt doesn't. Making an example of the leader has her whipped and covered in cum.

working
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

enslaved (notice chains)

making an example of the leader

Kerlon

Nov 13, 2016

this was always a thing with Nomo, if you played Noxian Nights, it's even worse.
I thing Nomo stepped up in his artstyle and improved alot.

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
This update would have been disappointing if it was the result of them "rushing" to stick to once a month updates. It's borderline unacceptable for a 2 month wait.
I honestly agree with this. This is the first time I've felt justified in not backing Hreinn, as opposed to guilty. There was so little to do, so few scenes. I think Sierra is struggling with the pacing of the game. In RPG Maker you could fill time by having to go from place to place and have a couple of random encounters. You don't have that in Ren'Py. They worked on this for two months but you can easily finish the update in (less than) half an hour.

Kerlon

Nov 13, 2016
I honestly agree with this. This is the first time I've felt justified in not backing Hreinn, as opposed to guilty. There was so little to do, so few scenes. I think Sierra is struggling with the pacing of the game. In RPG Maker you could fill time by having to go from place to place and have a couple of random encounters. You don't have that in Ren'Py. They worked on this for two months but you can easily finish the update in (less than) half an hour.
I agree aswell on this point.
The update is way to small for 2 months of work while they cashed in 13k USD. Sierra is probably covered with too much work. Hope this is not going to be a habit for hreinngames.

Nomo

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2017
Okay, a lot of things going on in this thread. While I do not dismiss all and we should have been faster, I feel sad that people only measure work by sex scenes and from what I have seen if it also doesnt meet their fetish expectations, they generally are more critical.
I am not sure how we can communicate better all the other work we do in assets, planning and multiple choices paths, since it seems here people dont see that or appreciate it. Which is fine, everyone can express opinion, its just that we do not agree on those specific things and the full extend of work we do. If we had kept working with rpg maker for example, this update would have required nearly half of the effort it does in Ren Py, but with Ren we do have a better control on things.And that should improve with time and experience.
Finally I just want to say that all the accusations against Sierra are baseless and she manages her time perfectly.I doubt there is anyone out there that puts out as much content as she does.

Alright, the reason I write here was not what I wrote above, I personally dont feel the need to defend myself like this for work amounts we do, but it would have felt weird to completely ignore it, as I said tho I appreciate your open feedback and will have it mind in the future.

What I came here for is the art feedback, and mainly the negative one. I really want to improve and that only happens once people point at the bad parts of it. In general the Neve and Sabia scenes mentioned are not lower quality as time it took, the Neve x Maply scene actually took me a lot more time to do than Neve x Orcs since it had a full body alone, Neve in a more complex pose above with layers for fingering, nipple play and dildo, plus the whole Orc CG variant. So the negatives you see arent quality as me not putting enough time in them.
What I think it is is maybe the face angle? I do feel now that maybe I did Neves eyes too big so I am going to go back and tweak that, so do tell me if you have other specific things that you dislike and think would need changing?
For the Sabia x soldier I am not sure, it is indeed the same angle, so maybe I just need to practice it more, I was actually happy with this one, but maybe I made it too extreme and her face looks a bit more spherical and it should be elongated?

So yea for the two CGs if you have a more specific feedback as to what you think needs to be redrawn, do tell and I will do my best to tweak them. And thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:

Kerlon

Nov 13, 2016
So yea for the two CGs if you have a more specific feedback as to what you think needs to be redrawn, do tell and I will do my best to tweak them. And thanks for the feedback.
as I wrote above, I thing you improved alot from NN, maybe you have more time now but in NN there are 2 Blowjob scenes with Riven, one is with the blacksmith, the other is with the townspeople and with the multiple variants (maid, bunny, normal). While I loved the way you drawed Riven with the blacksmith, the other where slightly dissapointing because the face was someway off.

For KoD I can only say I like everything so far, the colour choice is great and while I don't like every fetish (catgirls, tattoo on Sabia) one can clearly tell that you put alot of work in there. Especially the new bar scene with the ass and tits in the maid outfit are top noch, I hope we will see more of that outfit in the future :)

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
Yes, the bar scene was phenomenal. You're a master of thighs and booty Nomo. While the faces in the scenes didn't bother me as I was playing through them, looking back at them now, they are different from the faces in other scenes. I also think the catgirls scene is well done; you've become very good at the ahegao faces.

I do wish the scenes with orcs would have their faces though. I can understand sex with random orc is more about Sabia and dicks, but Lutvrog is a named character and someone who will (probably) have some relevance to the plot, so it's kinda weird to see his face cut out, even though I understand (and am thankful for ;) ) the focus on Sabia's body.

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
We

weird for me the game ends after the trial
Then you didn't download the new version. JustSomePerv posted it on the previous page. I don't believe the OP has been updated yet.

Hanten

Nov 12, 2016
Is it possible for anyone to upload an android tablet compatible version of the new update? I can't wrap my head around Ren'py at all.

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes