ferriol

Jul 4, 2018
We will for sure look into her stats. Most players haven't said much about her in actual combat so this helps us fine tune things
I appreciate the response. Her presence and tuning felt different compared to the usual gameplay pace up to that point, but I didn't realize she was a relatively new addition, so I can now understand more of why her encounters felt so different.

I've also recently realized that some of my criticisms on her aren't directly related to her, but rather misunderstanding game mechanics. What I've been calling the "obscure blocking mechanic" is, from what I can understand, my attacks not doing enough damage to bypass an enemy's defense. The confusion came from no damage being referred to as "guard", but also it felt different from normal attacking.

This is a separate issue from individual monster balancing, but I recommend changing hit feedback for 0-damage attacks so that there's no period of monster invulnerability. Or alternatively, if that invulnerability time is a desired balancing feature, still have player clicks register visually without no actual mechanical effect so they know it's still following standard attack mechanics.

AbsoluteWhite

Sep 29, 2017
It should be a Raul spot but if you don't see him anywhere, send me your save and I can set it to auto run

Send your save. We fixed the bug around it but older saves might have issues if it was alreadu queued

We will for sure look into her stats. Most players haven't said much about her in actual combat so this helps us fine tune things
thanks dude

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
I appreciate the response. Her presence and tuning felt different compared to the usual gameplay pace up to that point, but I didn't realize she was a relatively new addition, so I can now understand more of why her encounters felt so different.

I've also recently realized that some of my criticisms on her aren't directly related to her, but rather misunderstanding game mechanics. What I've been calling the "obscure blocking mechanic" is, from what I can understand, my attacks not doing enough damage to bypass an enemy's defense. The confusion came from no damage being referred to as "guard", but also it felt different from normal attacking.

This is a separate issue from individual monster balancing, but I recommend changing hit feedback for 0-damage attacks so that there's no period of monster invulnerability. Or alternatively, if that invulnerability time is a desired balancing feature, still have player clicks register visually without no actual mechanical effect so they know it's still following standard attack mechanics.
any monster, including Renka will be too strong to handle if your own level is lower than the monster.
Renka we could say shes like a boss, so shes even stronger than a normal monster.
u should not hunt her if you are not ready for her. its like going to golems when you are level 20.
remember that Renka is like the MC, so shes really strong and when she level up she grow even stronger.

comparing to Little Dragon, Renka has x2 more hp
she has 25% more weapon attack and defense and 33% more avoidability

ferriol

Jul 4, 2018
any monster, including Renka will be too strong to handle if your own level is lower than the monster.
Renka we could say shes like a boss, so shes even stronger than a normal monster.
u should not hunt her if you are not ready for her. its like going to golems when you are level 20.
remember that Renka is like the MC, so shes really strong and when she level up she grow even stronger.

comparing to Little Dragon, Renka has x2 more hp
she has 25% more weapon attack and defense and 33% more avoidability
My problem isn't that she's too strong to handle, but rather that she's a hassle to fight. I have no clue what her specific numbers are due to the fact that she levels up, coupled with no accessible base stats to draw any sort of meaningful expectations, so all I have to go on for how "strong" she is is my experience fighting her. The problem is that my experience fighting her, from the moment I first encountered her up until completing part 6 of her wandering princess questline, has consisted of her being a joke.

She simply does not do enough damage to bypass my defenses. In comparison, elite enemies in the region, at least on initial entry, are still capable of inflicting damage. As a result, encounters with her consist of waiting for my autoclicker to spend 5-10 minutes whittling her health down in between farming the local monsters.

Really, it was only only after finishing completing part 6 of her quest where the dynamic of her encounters changed, and it wasn't in an interesting way. Now, she does minor damage, while I cam incapable of doing any damage to her.

If the intent is to have her be stronger than a normal monster, then I'm sorry to say she's failed in that aspect. I am far more concerned with the elite enemies that pop up when grinding than I am with Renka, and the largest threat she poses is walking in front of my mouse whenever I try to fight said elite enemies. Instead, she fills the role of bugged encounter, where something about her tuning is just completely wrong.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Here's the save. Any future plans to work some heroes into the game like Aran or Mercedes? I'm guessing characters like Cygnus and Lilin will be added eventually as well considering there's wip for Rien and Ereve.
Here you are. She sould be right in the middle of the map on a floating platform

And no plans for Season 1 but maybe for Season 2? We will keep things open since anything can happen once we finally begin Sleepywood

Simp Cattu

Feb 5, 2019
I haven't played far enough into the game to confirm this, but a lot of event dialogues stated that the contents for a girl is over (latest one I got is Maria after the Sunrise Dew things and Oz after choosing route), but there are still supposedly more contents on the Tip Board about them after that. Should I take words from the quest event dialogue or the tip board?
Edit: Nevermind the route questline is actually separated, I'm on it right now, great game

Last edited:
Reactions: HaseoOfDeath

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
u can change in settings. increase experience gain.
theres coins u can buy to increase level.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
I haven't played far enough into the game to confirm this, but a lot of event dialogues stated that the contents for a girl is over (latest one I got is Maria after the Sunrise Dew things and Oz after choosing route), but there are still supposedly more contents on the Tip Board about them after that. Should I take words from the quest event dialogue or the tip board?
Edit: Nevermind the route questline is actually separated, I'm on it right now, great game
It might be old messages that I forgot to remove. I'll look through them

holy aids this game is grindy. Who has fun doing this shit?
It gets easier once you arrive at Henesys and the majority of the exp you get is by just following the storyline. Audish also has 14+ Missions specifically to fast track exp.

mad666

Oct 10, 2017
hey guy my save have some problem for some reason i can't continue rain corruption mission can someone look at it for me

cloud217

Sep 22, 2017
Unless I missed something, I think the Renka quest is broken on the E save. Around the nautilus door part. It happened on the alt save as well, thought loading it in the 2.5.10 would fix but probably broke in the queuing of it.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
your Renka is at level20. to continue u need to complete the "hero escapes the domain" by following the Leonore storyline in Henesys. but maybe you are stuck somewhere. Haseo can look into it when he popup.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Unless I missed something, I think the Renka quest is broken on the E save. Around the nautilus door part. It happened on the alt save as well, thought loading it in the 2.5.10 would fix but probably broke in the queuing of it.
There's a missing variable. Head to the Recollection Room and collect it from Mrs Recollection. It's called "Back from the Dead Override"

Thought it would be easier if players could have a hand in fixing bugs if they came up

Reactions: baka

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
OP pics updated. some pics where really old and of low quality.

3.60 star(s) 31 Votes