Unity Completed KoboldKare [2023-12-14] [Naelstrof]

3.30 star(s) 17 Votes

boblinker

Feb 19, 2020
I have built the latest version and as far as I can tell the saving, shower, and multiplayer bugs are fixed. The only thing is you need to close the pause menu after you click the load button to get it to work. Still expect bugs from this version and I have no control over it. This may be my last upload for a while. I am happy to give instruction on how to do this yourself if you want to take over for me.

KoboldKare-2022-1-30 dev build from , expect bugs.

changes since last upload 2022-1-25
Screenshot 2022-01-31 162738.png

Terut

Nov 16, 2017
Man, eggs keep getting stuck behind the bathtub next to the wall and I can't get them out no matter what I do.

Also, is the bathtub supposed to refill somehow? It drained once, then that's it.

catsdino

Aug 6, 2019
Man, eggs keep getting stuck behind the bathtub next to the wall and I can't get them out no matter what I do.

Also, is the bathtub supposed to refill somehow? It drained once, then that's it.
Unless the faucet is on it isn't supposed to. At least it didn't in the old old (best) version of the game.

Terut

Nov 16, 2017
Unless the faucet is on it isn't supposed to. At least it didn't in the old old (best) version of the game.
Ok, I figured out the solution to both problems. Simply buying the upgrade for 2000 dollars enlarges the tub so there's no space between it and the wall, no eggs get trapped there. And it allows you to turn the faucet on, whereas you couldn't with its basic starter form.

Zaptek

Mar 8, 2018
Mixing with the tub seems to work fine? Just the water gets absorbed into your kobold when you interact with the water volume

TheVegnar

Jul 4, 2021
I am probably just real stupid, but I how do you make money in game. I found the garbage dumbster. Not sure how to sell stuff. Also when you buy items or drinks in the store, are they automatically used, or do you need to physically take them to your house and use them?

Zaptek

Mar 8, 2018
I am probably just real stupid, but I how do you make money in game. I found the garbage dumbster. Not sure how to sell stuff. Also when you buy items or drinks in the store, are they automatically used, or do you need to physically take them to your house and use them?
To sell stuff: throw it in the dumpster, close the lid.
Items from the store: equippable stuff you press E once to buy (if you can afford it) and then E again to equip it. You can press TAB to get an inventory screen with stats, info, et cetera though it doesn't tell you much. The tailbags increase the amount of stuff you can carry/katamari and you can have up to some 30-40 of them I think but most of the rest of the equippables don't do anything.

Don't know anything about drinks though. Must be new?

You can make money by selling almost anything. From the hearts kobolds spawn when they cum to their eggs and all the fruits you can farm. To farm fruits you just go grab some seeds from the seedstore (it has that big purple, shiny, tarp and is across from goblin's crown) and bring them back to your farm. As long as there's enough empty dirt all you have to do to plant is just bring the bag over to a spot and press E. Fruits grow at midnight if they're watered and you can use the buckets, troughs, and watering can (and your dick) to water them. (Same as the planted kobolds)

TheVegnar

Jul 4, 2021
To sell stuff: throw it in the dumpster, close the lid.
Items from the store: equippable stuff you press E once to buy (if you can afford it) and then E again to equip it. You can press TAB to get an inventory screen with stats, info, et cetera though it doesn't tell you much. The tailbags increase the amount of stuff you can carry/katamari and you can have up to some 30-40 of them I think but most of the rest of the equippables don't do anything.

Don't know anything about drinks though. Must be new?

You can make money by selling almost anything. From the hearts kobolds spawn when they cum to their eggs and all the fruits you can farm. To farm fruits you just go grab some seeds from the seedstore (it has that big purple, shiny, tarp and is across from goblin's crown) and bring them back to your farm. As long as there's enough empty dirt all you have to do to plant is just bring the bag over to a spot and press E. Fruits grow at midnight if they're watered and you can use the buckets, troughs, and watering can (and your dick) to water them. (Same as the planted kobolds)
Yes, I am new. Mixing? Not sure how I do that. If there is a guide, I would definitely like to know.

Well this game has pretty much everything. Made a kobald swallow her own egg, inserted them into her everywhere.

Last edited:

yonsisac

Oct 31, 2019
For anyone looking to make alot of money, the best way i found is just having kobold's lay eggs like chickens, they sell for a good buck. Have a row of them just laying eggs and then after with tailbag dumb it all in dumpster, i make a few thousand like that.

TinFoilPlatinum

Oct 8, 2019
I have built the latest version and as far as I can tell the saving, shower, and multiplayer bugs are fixed. The only thing is you need to close the pause menu after you click the load button to get it to work. Still expect bugs from this version and I have no control over it. This may be my last upload for a while. I am happy to give instruction on how to do this yourself if you want to take over for me.

KoboldKare-2022-1-30 dev build from , expect bugs.

changes since last upload 2022-1-25
View attachment 1627113
Thanks for the updated build.

I would appreciate instructions on building this from the source on GitHub if you're still willing to make a small write-up on it. All I know for sure is that I need Unity. I tried building it before but I think I'm missing something because most assets were missing in-game.

Reactions: EyRei

boblinker

Feb 19, 2020
How to build the game for yourself. (Updated 3/25/2023)

Prerequisites:
Install with winget winget install Git.Git BlenderFoundation.Blender Unity.UnityHub

Note: Make sure to restart your computer before you start so that Git can work correctly.

Steps:
  1. Right click where you want KoboldKare Source code folder and select "Git Bash Here". (set where to download)
  2. Type in git clone https://github.com/naelstrof/KoboldKare.git" and wait for it to complete. (download the source code and required packages)
  3. Open unity hub, login and skip editor installation for now. (activate unity license on computer)
  4. In Projects tap click on open and open the folder where KoboldKare source code is. (show where the source code is to unity hub)
  5. Open KoboldKare and download the missing version (install the correct version)
  6. wait for it to import, and when its done you should have a fully working copy. (initial setup)
Localization setup: Open the Addressables Groups window in the Unity Editor (Window>Asset Management>Addressables>Groups) then in the Addressables Groups window, select Build on the top menu

To play in the editor, navigate to Assets/KoboldKare/Scenes in the editor browser, open MainMenu, and click on the play button. To build the game click on Build Settings in File, make sure copy PDB files is off, and click build then where you want it to save.

Updating:
  1. Right click where the KoboldKare Source code is and select Git Bash Here.
  2. Type in "git reset --hard" (discard unsaved changes so git doesn't yell at you for it.)
  3. Then type in git pull origin master (download latest version from GitHub)
  4. Open the project and wait for it to import, and when its done you should have a updated version. (import new assets)

Last edited:

TinFoilPlatinum

Oct 8, 2019
Here is the instructions to build KoboldKare for your self. The missing assets are probably from wrong blender version or not installed, I had the same problem.

Prerequisites:
Steps:
  1. Right click where you want the KoboldKare Source code folder and select "Git Bash Here".
  2. Type in "git clone " and wait for it to finish.
  3. Open unity hub, login and skip editor installation for now.
  4. Open in your browser, find Unity 2020.3.20, and click on unity hub next to it and wait for it to install.
  5. In Projects tap click on open and open the folder where KoboldKare souce code is.
  6. Open KoboldKare, wait for it to import, and when its done you should have a fully working copy.
To play in the editor, navigate to "Assets/KoboldKare/Scenes" in the editor browser, open "MainMenu", and click on the play button. To build the game click on Build Settings in File, make sure copy PDB files is off, and click build then where you want it to save.
Thank you for these instructions!

The part I was missing was Blender. Got that installed and now it seems to be building correctly with one exception. For whatever reason text prompts like the one on the door when the game starts or the first egg in the garden just say "new text" and all the text labels in the options menus appear blank. This doesn't happen when playing from the editor, only the built game.

Is that something you've experienced before?

Zaptek

Mar 8, 2018
Does this mean the game is abandoned or just no more updates? I am a little confused there.
Looks pretty active on their github and I haven't heard that it's abandoned.

They've just made the game open source to make contributing to the game easier for people outside their dev team, I think. The only difference between the git version and itch/steam/etc is just that the versions the devs put out are 'more stable' than if you just press 'build' at any point to play the game. The upside of it is that you don't have to wait for someone to build the game and upload it here if you know how to build it; you can just go grab the latest version straight from the source and build a new version of the game on your own PC.

boblinker

Feb 19, 2020
Thank you for these instructions!

The part I was missing was Blender. Got that installed and now it seems to be building correctly with one exception. For whatever reason text prompts like the one on the door when the game starts or the first egg in the garden just say "new text" and all the text labels in the options menus appear blank. This doesn't happen when playing from the editor, only the built game.

Is that something you've experienced before?
you probably have a newer version than the one I uploaded. The code is constantly changing and when they fix one bug two more takes its place. use "git rest --hard 08121b837be948128fe6f2d1c601e9c320ddca45" to set it to the same version I put up here.

Last edited:
Reactions: TinFoilPlatinum

catsdino

Aug 6, 2019
Here is the instructions to build KoboldKare for your self. The missing assets are probably from wrong blender version or not installed, I had the same problem.

Prerequisites:
Steps:
  1. Right click where you want the KoboldKare Source code folder and select "Git Bash Here". (set where to download)
  2. Type in "git clone " and wait for it to finish. (download the source code and required packages)
  3. Open unity hub, login and skip editor installation for now. (activate unity license on computer)
  4. Open in your browser, find Unity 2020.3.20, and click on unity hub next to it and wait for it to install. (install the correct version)
  5. In Projects tap click on open and open the folder where KoboldKare souce code is. (show where the source code is to unity hub)
  6. Open KoboldKare, wait for it to import, and when its done you should have a fully working copy. (initial setup)
To play in the editor, navigate to "Assets/KoboldKare/Scenes" in the editor browser, open "MainMenu", and click on the play button. To build the game click on Build Settings in File, make sure copy PDB files is off, and click build then where you want it to save.

Updating:
  1. Right click where the KoboldKare Source code is and select "Git Bash Here".
  2. Type in "git reset --hard" (discard unsaved changes so git doesn't yell at you for it.)
  3. Then type in "git pull origin master" (download latest version from GitHub)
  4. Open the project and wait for it to import, and when its done you should have a updated version. (import new assets)
Thanks for this info. I'm more of an asset type of person so I'll see about what I can get modded into this game that I make for it.

Last edited:

Goawaynow

Jun 4, 2018
*sigh* Anyone care to link 180_7249464? I made the cardinal sin of purchasing the game on fucking Itch. This kind of shit always happens with Itch releases.

• Haha
Reactions: catsdino
3.30 star(s) 17 Votes