Aderod

Dec 20, 2017
Two questions.
Some girls squirt some don't, where to search option to on/off this.
Illusion plan to add new content or game is completed?

Dringar

Nov 16, 2019
Kind of curious. Is there a mod for editing or changing the H scene subtitle? Or a way to do that via the Char Studio? Kind of messing around with it and I'm not really finding it. Figured Id see if anyone else had tried to do so

noobtastic

Jun 24, 2017
It all depends on what you're looking for:

if you want gameplay avoid sunshine.
When you say gameplay, do you mean like just the story stuff or does sunshine have less scenes and positions available too? Tbh the only thing I've been doing with illusion games is messing around in the char creator then going straight to studio neo for scenes lol.

I also noticed in the sunshine studioneo menu there's some extra positions that are just...blank? Like they're in the menu but dont do anything. Whats up with that?

nukexdevil

Aug 13, 2019
When you say gameplay, do you mean like just the story stuff or does sunshine have less scenes and positions available too?
With mods, it has the same or more as the modded KK.

The issue with KKS is, that it is just a sidegrade to KK, and the difference boils down to different location and that you have to grind the ever same "topics" for conversation on the ever same map spots.

There is no "koikatsu club" or so, where you could invite the girls, like in KK.
But you can give them a massage now.

I also think, that the dating-mechanic was removed for every personality except those being added with the DLC.

Since the map is larger in space, you will also have to search for the girls more often because they are not following a shedule. (But there is a teleport function for that in some mod, I think.)

Thinking about it, I really wonder what "Koikatsu 3" (to be announced within the next 24 hours, roughly) will be, and if we finally will get an actual game to play and not just a "click until bar is full, then shag" app.

noobtastic

Jun 24, 2017
With mods, it has the same or more as the modded KK.
thanks for the explanation. Gotta be honest though I could not care any less about the game itself, I'm only interested in the char creator and the studio since you can access all the positions there. You mentioned mods a few times in the thread, I found mods that add like UI's and stuff but are there gameplay mods too? (like skin gloss/ more poses and positions etc) and where would I find them, cuz the illusion discord is kind of a mess to navigate

nukexdevil

Aug 13, 2019
And here it is, "Koikatsu 3" aka "Honey Come:
Character maker is region locked, but I guess Screwthisnoise will solve this issue for us relatively soon, but the trailer is not region locked.

someone needs to update the "illusion grief cycle" to "illgames grief cycle".

ugh, its IL2CPP, the modders wil hate this. (Dont expect any mods immediately, this is not just a repainted koikatsu, from what is visible in the maker.)
but given the popularity of the KK games, I am not too concerned, especially since we already have stuff like sideloader in some form for IL2CPP.

I just started the trial, and it comes with an english! (not joking) Terms of Service :ROFLMAO:... thats a first time for Illusion. (The usual blah blah, that you are not allowed to modify files etc. because that will totally stop people from modding the game.)

We got a new body mesh and the bone modifications are different etc. so there will not be compatibility with KK and KKS, and clothing mods will need some changes to be adapted to the new shapes.

Wait, the thing is translated properly from the beginning? (Maybe we do not need Machine translations for the "not illusion" games anymore? :eek: As far as I can think back, we never had english by default as language to choose from in the game, we always had to mess with translations. (it makes sense, if they plan to sell this on steam though...))

There is now a slider for "skin indentation" by socks... some of you will love this.

(long) Hair can now be adjusted with XYZ settings to not collide with clothes and other things. (you have a gizmo to move around, like you would in the studio), and 6 hair colors now.

Screenshot to help visualize this, for those who dont know the studio:
Screenshot 2023-08-04 13-15-27.png

TL:DR: This is not "old illusion" anymore, there are definitely people in charge of making this that did care... lets hope it carries over to the full game.

Last edited:

nukexdevil

Aug 13, 2019
Redownload/re-extract your Files, the Data1.cab isnt the size it should be.

Yours: 65,450 kb
What it should be: 518,427 kb

Last edited:

Xam Rei

Aug 14, 2020
TL:DR: This is not "old illusion" anymore, there are definitely people in charge of making this that did care... lets hope it carries over to the full game.
Wtf, this is much better than what I had expected! I was sure we were going to have one more recycled Koikatsu game!
I'm willing to trade a temporary loss of mods for a new engine and a better, more modern Koikatsu-like game, that's for sure!
What I had feared could definitely mark the end of the Koikatsu life cycle (after the disaster that was Koikatsu Sunshine and the impact it had on the (mods) community), I am actually hopeful again!
Sure, we'll have to redo everything, but at least it will have the possibility to look much nicer and to run much better than before!

For the people who were able to test it, what about performance?

Reactions: AininChase

nukexdevil

Aug 13, 2019
For the people who were able to test it, what about performance?
runs fine on 3090 :ROFLMAO:, but here are the system requirements. (it "feels" smoother than the Koikatsu Maker - we will have to wait until the full game to see how it really runs.)

Oh yeah, there are no graphics options in the game, you have to run it as it is.

Unbenannt.jpg

The "requires an internet connection" thing is weird - does it...?

Just checked: yes, it has always online DRM and you cant use the maker without internet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xam Rei

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Do you need to play through the game to unlock new positions and scenes? If so, is there a completed game save file floating about?
That's the normal way of doing it, no file, but there is a mod already installed with a button to unlock everything. Look for the Cheat Tools mod in the plugin settings, then hit the key that opens it while in gameplay.

Two questions.
Some girls squirt some don't, where to search option to on/off this.
Illusion plan to add new content or game is completed?
The game is complete and any development plans, which probably didn't exist anyway, likely died with old Illusion.

Kind of curious. Is there a mod for editing or changing the H scene subtitle? Or a way to do that via the Char Studio? Kind of messing around with it and I'm not really finding it. Figured Id see if anyone else had tried to do so
The subtitles are a mod themselves, could be something in the plugin settings.

runs fine on 3090 :ROFLMAO:, but here are the system requirements. (it "feels" smoother than the Koikatsu Maker - we will have to wait until the full game to see how it really runs.)

Oh yeah, there are no graphics options in the game, you have to run it as it is.

View attachment 2825839

The "requires an internet connection" thing is weird - does it...?

Just checked: yes, it has always online DRM and you cant use the maker without internet.
Of course, going the usual AAA route I see. Illusion truly is dead to me unless someone mods around it, then.

Dringar

Nov 16, 2019
The subtitles are a mod themselves, could be something in the plugin settings.

Of course, going the usual AAA route I see. Illusion truly is dead to me unless someone mods around it, then.
Thanks
Yeah I have the PC Subtitle Mod. In the settings however you cant edit any of them unfortunately. I'm just trying to figure out which file in the mod actually has them. I tried almost all of them by opening them in notepad but havent had any luck locating the file so far. Wasnt sure if anyone else had tried doing it or not. I am not a coder by any stretch but I have done some scripting eons ago so if I can find the file I'm cool with redoing it and sharing it if it works. I confess to being lazy however and was hoping someone else had already given it a shot and done it :LOL:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Thanks
Yeah I have the PC Subtitle Mod. In the settings however you cant edit any of them unfortunately. I'm just trying to figure out which file in the mod actually has them. I tried almost all of them by opening them in notepad but havent had any luck locating the file so far. Wasnt sure if anyone else had tried doing it or not. I am not a coder by any stretch but I have done some scripting eons ago so if I can find the file I'm cool with redoing it and sharing it if it works. I confess to being lazy however and was hoping someone else had already given it a shot and done it :LOL:
Maybe somewhere in the BepInEx translation folder, which is where all the translations get put. The subs, you'll notice this if you have a period of internet at slow speeds or just down entirely, are Japanese like the main game text.

Reactions: Dringar

6DarkRaven9

Nov 14, 2017
If they had added gameplay mechanics from AI Girl and Sexy Beach Paradise Resort, this could've been better. Yet in the end its a more time consuming Koikatsu just instead of a tight knit school its a larger island with lots of running around to get to places with nothing to do besides talk and bang. The frobidden beach doesn't make any sense its just a normal beach.

2.80 star(s) 16 Votes