MakotoYuki90

Apr 6, 2018
I agree that no new engine is necessary for every game. I also agree that, under normal circumstances, assets being reused is lazy. These are not normal circumstances as Illusion intends for things to be transferable between Ai Shoujo and HS2. Using different assets could create a pretty wide variety of problems, the least of which is messing up the look of a character because assets used in one game that were used to make the character are not in the other game.
Not really, having a better engine version, means batter asset quality......

Serance

Monster Girl Connoisseur
Donor
Jul 30, 2018
ran into an issue when I start a game my character doesn't have his bangs any idea what this is? Also how do you save what am I missing? using 4.1
Make sure you have set the bangs accessories for ALL the costumes or it won't show when they change their costume appearance. What do you mean save what you are missing?

IGaming

Sep 21, 2017
I have a question. This game already have all updates, DLCs, mods, plugins and add-on right?

DarkShroud

Mar 5, 2018
Trying to play this game on Lutris, and I can get it to start no problem, but it seems not a single one of the mods is enabled.
I've heard talk about dlls needing to be manually added. Can anyone here tell me, a complete idiot when it comes to these things, how to do this?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
ran into an issue when I start a game my character doesn't have his bangs any idea what this is? Also how do you save what am I missing? using 4.1
Save is at the bottom when in your room.

Not really, having a better engine version, means batter asset quality......
Not necessarily, it depends on what the dev does with those assets. The assets themselves can be improved, but if the dev uses them in certain ways or tries to change them in certain ways, they could be made worse than the old assets.

Make sure you have set the bangs accessories for ALL the costumes or it won't show when they change their costume appearance. What do you mean save what you are missing?
He means he has no idea how to save.

I have a question. This game already have all updates, DLCs, mods, plugins and add-on right?
Yes except mods. It has all the mods that will work together, some mods simply cannot coexist in the same copy of the game.

Trying to play this game on Lutris, and I can get it to start no problem, but it seems not a single one of the mods is enabled.
I've heard talk about dlls needing to be manually added. Can anyone here tell me, a complete idiot when it comes to these things, how to do this?
Only the optional mods should need to be installed, in which case you put the dll in the BepInEx folder's plugins folder or BepInEx itself depending on what folder you find first inside the optional mods folder files for that mod. Each optional mod has the files already placed into the folder structure they should go to, just copy that first folder inside the folder with the mod name to wherever you find the folder you copied outside of the optional mods folder.

namprofli3

Dec 25, 2019
Okay so for some reason I downloaded it and tried to extract it but the file won't open. Can I get some help?
Care to post more details?
Did you download as split or torrent?
What does the extraction program say?
Did you download from main post?

If you downloaded it split, i suggest to try torrent.

DarkShroud

Mar 5, 2018
Only the optional mods should need to be installed, in which case you put the dll in the BepInEx folder's plugins folder or BepInEx itself depending on what folder you find first inside the optional mods folder files for that mod. Each optional mod has the files already placed into the folder structure they should go to, just copy that first folder inside the folder with the mod name to wherever you find the folder you copied outside of the optional mods folder.
Thanks for the attempt, but even the core mods aren't working, and I think it's because I'm trying to play on Ubuntu. Creating a Virtual Machine is a pain in the ass, and I'm not dual-booting, so I'm left with working out how to make it work with what I've got.

Apparently it's possible, I just can't make sense of what I'm supposed to do.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Thanks for the attempt, but even the core mods aren't working, and I think it's because I'm trying to play on Ubuntu. Creating a Virtual Machine is a pain in the ass, and I'm not dual-booting, so I'm left with working out how to make it work with what I've got.

Apparently it's possible, I just can't make sense of what I'm supposed to do.
Possibly

MakotoYuki90

Apr 6, 2018
Save is at the bottom when in your room.

Not necessarily, it depends on what the dev does with those assets. The assets themselves can be improved, but if the dev uses them in certain ways or tries to change them in certain ways, they could be made worse than the old assets.

He means he has no idea how to save.

Yes except mods. It has all the mods that will work together, some mods simply cannot coexist in the same copy of the game.

That is code.....
For example the different of HS to PH, both game use a different engine version and both use a different shader, even if they use the same body type.
In HS case, the game a use standard shader, isn't bad as shader but isn't very good if you need set a batter quality other hand PH use Alloy Physical Shader Framework and the quality of the shader are much better that standard shader.

Not to mention some assets want a minimal version of use.
For example, there are various edited shaders that are not compatible with the version used by honey select 5.3.5, but can be used by higher versions.
For example this asset tool:
supports minimum version 5.4.6 and up, so for HS it would be impossible to use, but for KK up it is feasible use without too many pretensions.
o supports minimum version 2018.2.0 and above, so for HS, PH, KK and EC would be impossible to use, but the use of these tools is feasible for AI and HS2. In theory, updating the graphics engine is convenient.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
That is code.....
For example the different of HS to PH, both game use a different engine version and both use a different shader, even if they use the same body type.
In HS case, the game a use standard shader, isn't bad as shader but isn't very good if you need set a batter quality other hand PH use Alloy Physical Shader Framework and the quality of the shader are much better that standard shader.

Not to mention some assets want a minimal version of use.
For example, there are various edited shaders that are not compatible with the version used by honey select 5.3.5, but can be used by higher versions.
For example this asset tool:
supports minimum version 5.4.6 and up, so for HS it would be impossible to use, but for KK up it is feasible use without too many pretensions.
o supports minimum version 2018.2.0 and above, so for HS, PH, KK and EC would be impossible to use, but the use of these tools is feasible for AI and HS2. In theory, updating the graphics engine is convenient.
Usually, yes, though it can be done from the art side through 3D modeling and graphics editing programs as well. Updating is convenient, but not necessary.

jimboinlimbo

Jul 12, 2019
Did you get rid of the mods interfering with it? Kplug taught me that installing a mod doesn't mean you've got it working if there is another mod preventing it from working.
A mod conflict, in other words. Also, it may be that you do not have the required mods in the first place. Assuming you run the repack version, while the repack does have a lot, it does not have every mod that is out there, usually because of the case I mention in the first sentence, a mod conflict. There is no way to use a conflicting mod unless you can remove the already installed mod that conflicts with the one that you need and it is HIGHLY advised not to get rid of any mod that comes already installed. Any from the optional mods folder are safe to remove, however.
Turned out I just needed to update the game lol but now I've got blue ghosts everywhere at the school.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Turned out I just needed to update the game lol but now I've got blue ghosts everywhere at the school.
That's normal, there is a mod now that takes the background crowd from the train on the way back from the amusement park date and puts them in the school to make it feel less empty.

Reactions: jimboinlimbo

Serance

Monster Girl Connoisseur
Donor
Jul 30, 2018
Been meaning to ask, does anyone know of an ABMX advanced guide? I don't understand how to use it at all (the advanced window in Maker). Apart from this I found nothing and that isn't useful to me. I still don't understand what adding bones can do for me.

MrCrazy123

Feb 6, 2019
Kplug allows you to save anytime, it comes with the pack but it's not installed by default.

it's in the [optional]Mod folder. There will be a readme warning about compatibility or w/e but it's fine. Just extra the two zipped folder in there and combine them (one is a fix that should be applied over the other) then dump it in the main folder.

Kplug has a manual because it does a whole metric buttload of things but one of them is save anywhere.

Reactions: Serance
4.20 star(s) 33 Votes