alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I only know of 3 repacks for Koikatsu:
- FlashBangZ's Final Repack 5 (Avoid, it's awful).
- MakotoYuki's (I think it was discontinued).
- ScrewThisNoise's BetterRepack RX 5.1 (OP).

There could be more out there but BR is comfy as it is so i see no reason to find another one.

As alex said, region locked. There is an illusion cards rip out there but that's up to personal ethicality if you want to use it. (Ethicality because i did hear once that the nips were pissed at it but don't take my word for it.)
That's what happens when you geo block your players, they find an alternative and that just so happened to be a rip. Since they did release outside Japan, they should have just released the block to let everyone in.

are the dlcs in this?
Yes

Yes, repack have dlc except koikatsu party.
Party is only the name of the Steam release, it is NOT a DLC, but is a different version of the game with no school stuff and no DLC. The repack uses the Japanese release.

venomloki

Sep 22, 2017
while in a h scene or character creator my mouse Left, Middle or Right buttons dont respond, is this a bug or is there something i must fix on my end?

Nonya Bizz

May 12, 2018
Not sure if it's been mentioned lately but came back to the game after a while and decided to run updates on it and the KKManager won't update anymore. It says that the Manager itself has to be updated, but even after checking for a new version (was on 5.0 and did need to update to 5.1), I still can't download any updates through KKManager. This probably doesn't matter that much all things considered, but I'll take any updates that happen for the most part and the fact that it's failing even in 5.1 leads me to asking if there's any way to update the manager properly.

Exdeath-EX

Apr 28, 2020
Not sure if it's been mentioned lately but came back to the game after a while and decided to run updates on it and the KKManager won't update anymore. It says that the Manager itself has to be updated, but even after checking for a new version (was on 5.0 and did need to update to 5.1), I still can't download any updates through KKManager. This probably doesn't matter that much all things considered, but I'll take any updates that happen for the most part and the fact that it's failing even in 5.1 leads me to asking if there's any way to update the manager properly.
The old manager doesn't self update so download it manually.

namprofli3

Dec 25, 2019
Just my two cents, but did you make sure the folder is exactly named "[UTILITY] KKManager" and is also in the main folder? Saw a screenshot once that said that it must be named exactly that else it won't work.

Nonya Bizz

May 12, 2018
Just my two cents, but did you make sure the folder is exactly named "[UTILITY] KKManager" and is also in the main folder? Saw a screenshot once that said that it must be named exactly that else it won't work.
Yes to both.

Error I'm getting is "The update data is in a new format that is not supported by this version of KK Manager. Please update KK Manager and try again."

Also if I run the StandaloneUpdater it says "Not enough arguments". It used to work before 5.0 but I haven't played in a while since I've been doing other things and I keep putting it off because keep debating kPlug usage.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: namprofli3

namprofli3

Dec 25, 2019
Yes to both.

Error I'm getting is "The update data is in a new format that is not supported by this version of KK Manager. Please update KK Manager and try again."

Also if I run the StandaloneUpdater it says "Not enough arguments". It used to work before 5.0 but I haven't played in a while since I've been doing other things and I keep putting it off because keep debating kPlug usage.
Oh wait, i think i know now. By 5.1 you did mean KKManager, right? . Else, i don't know.

Also, the StandaloneUpdater thing is normal, that i can be certain of.

shadowkat

Jan 15, 2018
Update KKmanager, not the repack. The version that comes with the repack is 0.11.xxx. A quick search on google will get you to the github.

Reactions: namprofli3

ItzRobot

Jul 14, 2019
Anybody know why kplug is making me lag so bad? in free h i get 60fps but in maker or main game it drops to like 20fps I have 24gb of ram, a 2060 super and a ryzen 2600. Using the latest screwthisnoise repack 5.1

• Haha
Reactions: Serance

MakotoYuki90

Apr 6, 2018
Anybody know why kplug is making me lag so bad? in free h i get 60fps but in maker or main game it drops to like 20fps I have 24gb of ram, a 2060 super and a ryzen 2600. Using the latest screwthisnoise repack 5.1
KK self isn't very optmize game in first place.
The lag has nothing to do with kplug unless there all 99 characters in one h-scene..... anyway for main game remove Force_highpoly mod in bepinex folder and reduce characters in the school...

Serance

Monster Girl Connoisseur
Donor
Jul 30, 2018
Best to run "KPLUG" with no other plugins at all for its best performance. The open source Bepinex plugins don't play well together at all with "KPLUG" (not open source). Katarsys themself says it. "Better not use KPLUG otherwise.". Unless you wanna spend hours trying to figure out which plugin breaks what...

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
KK self isn't very optmize game in first place.
The lag has nothing to do with kplug unless there all 99 characters in one h-scene..... anyway for main game remove Force_highpoly mod in bepinex folder and reduce characters in the school...
Best to run "KPLUG" with no other plugins at all for its best performance. The open source Bepinex plugins don't play well together at all with "KPLUG" (not open source). Katarsys themself says it. "Better not use KPLUG otherwise.". Unless you wanna spend hours trying to figure out which plugin breaks what...
Force High Poly is an optional mod, not installed, MakotoYuki90. Unless ItzRobot installed it, it isn't the problem. It probably is the optimization, which is nowhere near as bad as AI Shoujo, but still not good, plus overloading on students. ItzRobot Did you place more than the 23 students in class 2-2 and 5 students each in the other classes? Anything over that eats RAM like crazy. MakotoYuki90 is correct that Kplug IS NOT the problem here. I've seen it stated that a full load of students, that's 98 while taking both the PC and the brown haired character, Ai's, automatically assigned desks into account, can take as much as or more than 32GB of RAM. The player and Ai, the girl who runs into the class late like a walking anime meme in the first scene in class, both take up a desk for story reasons. The worst part is the game barely touches the GPU. Serance I've rarely had a problem and only JannieReplacer, before it was removed, and HCharacterAdjust or whatever it is called caused an issue. Out of those two, the only one that was an actual problem was JannieReplacer, the other was a shared key bind, which is easily fixed on the player's end.

4.20 star(s) 33 Votes