Cream♡Pie

Aug 31, 2017
I've tried looking in the thread on how to install the update from 5.1 to 6 but I can't find anything. Where are you supposed to install the update exactly? Just the main koikatsu folder or is it a certain subfolder?
You can follow this gentlemen's advice and click the links here:

It's fine, i went through that. :/

Anyway, in that case, then run them in their respective order.
For extra safety, right click your UserData folder and zip it before you update, even though it's highly unlikely the updater would even do something harmful to your UserData folder but still, point stands.
If you don't already have the files they're all in page 1.

Lefty75uk

Jan 8, 2019
Stopped playing this game awhile back when you stopped being able to download characters from an online server (in game). Has that been fixed or do you still have to add character templates manually out of game?
If you have an Illusion registered membership of this title plus a " VPN " localised to Japan then the card sharing through the game still works for those who live outside Japan.

But you can follow " RAY's " suggestion as well & if you combine this with the " Random character mod " then the selections are endless.

Reactions: namprofli3

namprofli3

Dec 25, 2019
I assume I'm supposed to do the same with the RX6 hotfix as well, eventhough I don't know what it's fixing.
Thank you so much for the help my man. Really appreciate the assistance.
...i actually didn't know a hotfix came out.
But yes!

I have R9.3 what is the different? should i download the RX6?
A lot, R9.3 is from the prehistoric era.
And yes.

Big Sister personality -- check
Little Sister personality -- still MIA?
...we got Kouhai, i guess?
Dammit, i didn't know how much i needed this.

Serance

Monster Girl Connoisseur
Donor
Jul 30, 2018
RX6 don't have IPA installed by default so kplug won't work.
You'll need to manually install from [OPTIONAL] Mods\IPALoaderX v1.2.2
Hmm, that's actually really good to know about. IPA being faded out is a pretty big deal. I mean I saw it coming but still. I have several useful IPA plugins that have zero side effects. Again makes me glad I handle updates myself.

Found out recently they faded out the 'TexResPatch' plugin by Essu which makes overlays look MUCH better. I was struggling with ugly ass blurry textures for a WHOLE YEAR trying to figure out why they were so ugly. For the reason of slowing the game down? I get no slowdown. That perfectly great plugin is blamed for RAM hogging and I noticed NONE of that.

You know what slows the game down a lot? The ForceHighPoly plugin. That plugin is the WORST offender for straight up wrecking my FPS even on a 16GB RAM/SSD/2070 SUPER/i7 Overclocked to the max CPU, and yet, it remains a staple and highly advertised plugin since characters will load empty with high res mods. But TexResPatch? "Nah man, we better get rid of that plugin because we don't like it anymore and it's useless to us."

I'm getting a little worried about the open source dev team fading out stuff just because they think it should be faded out and have everyone take their word for it.

As much as I think Kplug is useless (to me only) and that the dev is kind of annoying being so anti-social, greedy, and arrogant (kinda hard not to be, when he's the sole person on the planet with the skill I guess, haha), seeing his plugin basically being treated like the coronavirus constantly in the Discord is starting to worry me. Before it was just a few easily removable plugins that messed with it (easily fixable), now suddenly Kplug is blamed for breaking everything and anything if someone has an issue?

Quote from a Koi Discord Mod "kplug is so poorly coded that it breaks everything else that people make". I mean, we know that isn't true..not until this month anyway. >.>

The feud is getting tiresome..I hope they don't continue it forever. For the good of their Donation Boxes and for the good for Koikatsu.

Reactions: penusbatt

madvice

Feb 23, 2019
I just downloaded the game and the character models look like this. Can someone please help me to resolve this issue? Screenshot (80).png

Otyugh

Dec 30, 2018
I'm having a bug with teacher dialogue. Their dialogue isn't fitting properly into the textbox for some reason. Sometimes if it's too long, it just goes offscreen. Anyone know how to fix this?

I included a screenshot in the attachements.
Nobody knows how to fix this shit?

namprofli3

Dec 25, 2019
Could someone do a androidversion ?please ? <3
It's RAM intensive as it is on PC. Just buy a toaster less than 300 usd that meets the minimum requirements and use Nvidia GameStream or Streamr to get a piece of the lagfest pie.

Nobody knows how to fix this shit?
Sadly, not me.
Least i can say is:
  • See if the translation files under BepInEx/translation/en/text do not have any anomalies, probably not this since the issue sounds like a consistent one.
  • Check every plugin is up to date, i guess.
  • Check output_log?
  • Options?
  • Plugin incompatibility?

If you figure out what it is, it'd be a godsend if you post the solution.

How to fix lag problems can deal with that.
...is this a question or an answer?
If former, game is horribly optimized so there's that. Reducing students in school and disabling ForceHiPoly helps.

PapaSurf

Apr 17, 2020
Is this version compatible with the Become Trap/KK_BecomeTrap mods? Or have it included as a base mod by any chance?

penusbatt

Oct 9, 2016
Hmm, that's actually really good to know about. IPA being faded out is a pretty big deal. I mean I saw it coming but still. I have several useful IPA plugins that have zero side effects. Again makes me glad I handle updates myself.

Found out recently they faded out the 'TexResPatch' plugin by Essu which makes overlays look MUCH better. I was struggling with ugly ass blurry textures for a WHOLE YEAR trying to figure out why they were so ugly. For the reason of slowing the game down? I get no slowdown. That perfectly great plugin is blamed for RAM hogging and I noticed NONE of that.

You know what slows the game down a lot? The ForceHighPoly plugin. That plugin is the WORST offender for straight up wrecking my FPS even on a 16GB RAM/SSD/2070 SUPER/i7 Overclocked to the max CPU, and yet, it remains a staple and highly advertised plugin since characters will load empty with high res mods. But TexResPatch? "Nah man, we better get rid of that plugin because we don't like it anymore and it's useless to us."

I'm getting a little worried about the open source dev team fading out stuff just because they think it should be faded out and have everyone take their word for it.

As much as I think Kplug is useless (to me only) and that the dev is kind of annoying being so anti-social, greedy, and arrogant (kinda hard not to be, when he's the sole person on the planet with the skill I guess, haha), seeing his plugin basically being treated like the coronavirus constantly in the Discord is starting to worry me. Before it was just a few easily removable plugins that messed with it (easily fixable), now suddenly Kplug is blamed for breaking everything and anything if someone has an issue?

Quote from a Koi Discord Mod "kplug is so poorly coded that it breaks everything else that people make". I mean, we know that isn't true..not until this month anyway. >.>

The feud is getting tiresome..I hope they don't continue it forever. For the good of their Donation Boxes and for the good for Koikatsu.
At least only opt out and you don't have to use the repacks. Always been drama in the modding community, just didn't have much of greed until that slut patreon-chan came and na, they won't stop bitching, problem with kplug is it's too good for it's own good.

Reactions: em0rt41

MakotoYuki90

Apr 6, 2018
At least only opt out and you don't have to use the repacks. Always been drama in the modding community, just didn't have much of greed until that slut patreon-chan came and na, they won't stop bitching, problem with kplug is it's too good for it's own good.
Internet is dramma for everything.......
The problem is both side are stubborn......

Reactions: em0rt41

bigsmokey116

Mar 24, 2019
Better than!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It gives you the updated files of the next version without the need of redownloading. It is better to use it because instead of downloading ~30GB, you download at worst 2GB for only the updater.

And by "new card creator content" you mean like the sideloader modpacks do, right? You update these via KKManager every 2-3 weeks. Feel free to opt-out of the studio modpacks if you're not planning on using it!

Not really, you download the latest version and that's that. Updating is for those who already have the game and need to install the next update without redownloading the entire pack.

Progress and cards are in the UserData folder, which you should always backup.

RX 5.1 changelog states it was already unsupported because of incompatibilities. I've no idea myself because i never used it but well, hopefully somebody more knowledgable on the plugin can elaborate.
Thanks for explaining. Last question is do i need to back up any files before using the patch updater?

• Red Heart
Reactions: namprofli3

yunasera

Jul 20, 2020
You know, I would really love it if you can do a lot of clothes combination but noooo... this cloth will clip with that and that and that, making it hard to make a lot of combinations. sigh.

4.20 star(s) 33 Votes