MakotoYuki90

Apr 6, 2018
This thread is nothing but a kplug cancer diagnosis lately. IMO we should just redirect everyone to Katarsys Patreon instead. Why do his work for him? He doesn't care about KK community AT ALL.
Say the same person who cry for not having the patreon version of kplug.

Valkenheim

Oct 24, 2017
Is there a version of this on the site WITHOUT all the mods besides language? Because 20 gigs is a lot of memory space

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I installed LewdCrest 0.12 and it is displayed separately in the window, how to do it on the girl's body?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It may not be designed to do it any other way than what you see here. This is often how games do an internal view.

You can download the update from here , but be warned, I updated my RX7 to RX8, and had issues that even going back to RX7 didn't fix; I had to do a full download of RX8 to be able to play.

You may or may not have the same problems I did, but just in case, backup your entire Koikatu/Koikatsu directory if you have enough space.
This is why I only ever copy my unique data to a new build until I properly test it, as opposed to cutting, then delete the old one if all tests come out good.

This thread is nothing but a kplug cancer diagnosis lately. IMO we should just redirect everyone to Katarsys Patreon instead. Why do his work for him? He doesn't care about KK community AT ALL.
good point
It isn't Katarsys's work to do, it's the work of the people behind whichever aspect of RX8 is screwed up. I would normally agree, but RX8 is having way too many major issues for Kplug itself to be the cause of Kplug or other issues. There are even major issues happening with no Kplug installed.

Is there a version of this on the site WITHOUT all the mods besides language? Because 20 gigs is a lot of memory space
Nope

em0rt41

Apr 4, 2020
Did you merge the folders that match folders already in the game, like abdata, into the place the game version of the folder is at? For example, the Kplug abdata folder should go with the game abdata folder and you should tell it to merge into the game abdata folder. If it asks about overwriting, say yes, but it should not in my experience unless you are trying to install the Kplug uncensor, which uses a modified base game file. In my experience, removing mods is not necessary, but one mod will need hotkeys reassigned.
I'm not trying to bother you, but this is not the case anymore due to updates from BR and HF Patch that affected Kplug last public version. I've tested it myself and some functions break in kplug. There is a full stop at compatibility at versions above HF3.2 and BRX6 if I'm not completely wrong. I had those versions(I might be wrong about version numbers) and I tested with newer ones, it just broke my game. Until I've learned to manually remove some mods(stated in kplug manual) that would interfere, then it became possible to make it all work together. If you just install(kplug) it won't work at some exact version I don't remember, but versions that came after the Discord blocking Kplug discussion.

-----------------------------

On a side note, without quoting anyone cause I'm lazy...

I'm not working for anyone here, just trying to give back, and provide info about what I learned by myself. It is the least I can do, since there is so much around for free. If I'm not wrong, Makoto and Serance are the ones who fully comprehend the installation process on newer versions, because they know which mods to manually remove(again, stated in kplug manual, but not so clear how to completely or partially remove these mods) in a way that make everything work together, including HF Patch. Serance is reluctant because it seems he is using a version of the game that is not a repack, If you are THAT curious you can trace back their posts in this thread. I might be talking out my ass, but this is just what I can remember from this thread. Makoto if I'm not wrong gave me hints at that time. Funny that once I managed to make it all work I started modding PH and lost interest in KK.

I've already posted both Kplug manual and another usermade manual that is very useful, all you need to do is search for PDFs on the thread and you'll find. The only way I've learned how to perform Kplug installation seamlessly was through the usermade one TBH.

Well, that's that. It is not cancer to discuss plugins for a good game when we are focused on its longevity. I've already said why I think KK would go further than the other Illusion games. I'm not playing KK because I'm focused on modding other games right now. As soon as (if)I come back to KK, it would not be a bad idea to collaborate and finally settle this for once and for all. Instead of feeding the flames we could be the bridge to make some progress on this and maybe find a way on our own, looking past the unwillingness of the devs? Who knows!?

Pls dont bully, I have autism
1609556094423.png

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I'm not trying to bother you, but this is not the case anymore due to updates from BR and HF Patch that affected Kplug last public version. I've tested it myself and some functions break in kplug. There is a full stop at compatibility at versions above HF3.2 and BRX6 if I'm not completely wrong. I had those versions(I might be wrong about version numbers) and I tested with newer ones, it just broke my game. Until I've learned to manually remove some mods(stated in kplug manual) that would interfere, then it became possible to make it all work together. If you just install(kplug) it won't work at some exact version I don't remember, but versions that came after the Discord blocking Kplug discussion.

-----------------------------

On a side note, without quoting anyone cause I'm lazy...

I'm not working for anyone here, just trying to give back, and provide info about what I learned by myself. It is the least I can do, since there is so much around for free. If I'm not wrong, Makoto and Serance are the ones who fully comprehend the installation process on newer versions, because they know which mods to manually remove(again, stated in kplug manual, but not so clear how to completely or partially remove these mods) in a way that make everything work together, including HF Patch. Serance is reluctant because it seems he is using a version of the game that is not a repack, If you are THAT curious you can trace back their posts in this thread. I might be talking out my ass, but this is just what I can remember from this thread. Makoto if I'm not wrong gave me hints at that time. Funny that once I managed to make it all work I started modding PH and lost interest in KK.

I've already posted both Kplug manual and another usermade manual that is very useful, all you need to do is search for PDFs on the thread and you'll find. The only way I've learned how to perform Kplug installation seamlessly was through the usermade one TBH.

Well, that's that. It is not cancer to discuss plugins for a good game when we are focused on its longevity. I've already said why I think KK would go further than the other Illusion games. I'm not playing KK because I'm focused on modding other games right now. As soon as (if)I come back to KK, it would not be a bad idea to collaborate and finally settle this for once and for all. Instead of feeding the flames we could be the bridge to make some progress on this and maybe find a way on our own, looking past the unwillingness of the devs? Who knows!?

Pls dont bully, I have autism
View attachment 967067
It actually is still the case, the method I posted has never failed me AND lets me keep all the mods Katarsys considers useless because he thinks Kplug can do what they do when it can't or that supposedly have compatibility issues when I have yet to see any ever since JannieReplacer was removed.

In this version of BR and HF, things broke due to other mods and internal systems. RX8 is just a bust in general, no offense to STN, these things do happen. I'm sure it will be fixed in RX9 or RX10. There are issues with just the base RX8 in general, some of which cannot be fixed by going back to RX7.

I run RX7 and Kplug works perfectly using a manual installation. There was and is no full stop, STN an Marco know they would lose a very big portion of their users because Kplug does A LOT of things no other mod does, so most players consider it essential. Some of those players, such as myself, have been VERY vocal about leaving if a full stop is attempted. It is a deal breaker that cannot be forgiven even if the full stop is removed.

Last edited:

sunisinus

Oct 6, 2017
It isn't Katarsys's work to do, it's the work of the people behind whichever aspect of RX8 is screwed up. I would normally agree, but RX8 is having way too many major issues for Kplug itself to be the cause of Kplug or other issues. There are even major issues happening with no Kplug installed.
that's why I don't look much here anymore, I'm tired of talking about a mod that doesn't work well, if you want to use it use the clean game, otherwise there are 5 manuals, learn how to read. Katarsys is the first who doesn't care about anything.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
that's why I don't look much here anymore, I'm tired of talking about a mod that doesn't work well, if you want to use it use the clean game, otherwise there are 5 manuals, learn how to read. Katarsys is the first who doesn't care about anything.
The mod works just fine. There are some problems that Katarsys has been working on trying to fix, but most of the issues AREN'T Kplug, especially not issues in RX8, those come up even without Kplug installed. Katarsys cares A LOT more than you think, otherwise there wouldn't be so much that ONLY Kplug can do, it would extremely bare bones with maybe some stuff other mods can do and that's it. Instead, he's taken the time to figure out how to do what even he said was impossible and added multiple positions in H types other than MC with one girl. He used to say modding masturbation or threesomes wasn't possible. Well, he's working on that now. A dev who 'didn't care' wouldn't put all that effort in. He also added a location map exclusive to Kplug, a way to get the story girls without using a separately made card specifically for them, and so much more. Kplug is not the issue, RX8 and HF 3.6 is the issue.

sunisinus

Oct 6, 2017
The mod works just fine. There are some problems that Katarsys has been working on trying to fix, but most of the issues AREN'T Kplug, especially not issues in RX8, those come up even without Kplug installed. Katarsys cares A LOT more than you think, otherwise there wouldn't be so much that ONLY Kplug can do, it would extremely bare bones with maybe some stuff other mods can do and that's it. Instead, he's taken the time to figure out how to do what even he said was impossible and added multiple positions in H types other than MC with one girl. He used to say modding masturbation or threesomes wasn't possible. Well, he's working on that now. A dev who 'didn't care' wouldn't put all that effort in. He also added a location map exclusive to Kplug, a way to get the story girls without using a separately made card specifically for them, and so much more. Kplug is not the issue, RX8 and HF 3.6 is the issue.
the problem with kplug is that it uses IPA while everyone else uses BepInEx for this reason everyone asked him to update the mod but Katarsys doesn't care, so everyone has removed it and it is no longer used. if you do not want problems it is better to use the clean game and not various packs with mods already. this is the problem not the various packs also because from the beginning everyone said that these are just tests to try the new mods and updates.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
the problem with kplug is that it uses IPA while everyone else uses BepInEx for this reason everyone asked him to update the mod but Katarsys doesn't care, so everyone has removed it and it is no longer used. if you do not want problems it is better to use the clean game and not various packs with mods already. this is the problem not the various packs also because from the beginning everyone said that these are just tests to try the new mods and updates.
Yet Kplug works fine while using IPA, but the other mods use BepInEx and have a problem whether Kplug is installed or not. A problem so bad that even porting your save data back to RX7 won't fix the damage. Everyone asked Katarsys to update Kplug AFTER it had been developed so much that it would have taken twice as long to redo everything, that's totally unfair to expect of a single person modding operation. Yeah, everyone removed Kplug from their repacks and patches, pissing off quite a few of their users and riling some of us up so that we are on the lookout for any attempt to block Kplug from working, at which point it is time for a mass exodus to another source of Koikatsu that is more open to mods that have no alternative for 99% of their functions and add way too much to pass on that the game didn't already have. The various packs aren't the problem, no, they are just compilations. The other mods are the problem. At least one of them is SEVERELY broken in a way not even related to Kplug, several actually. It was reported only a couple pages back and one of these problems doesn't go away if you go back to RX7. This is before Kplug is even installed. This is why I suggest people hold off until at least RX9.

sunisinus

Oct 6, 2017
Yet Kplug works fine while using IPA, but the other mods use BepInEx and have a problem whether Kplug is installed or not. A problem so bad that even porting your save data back to RX7 won't fix the damage. Everyone asked Katarsys to update Kplug AFTER it had been developed so much that it would have taken twice as long to redo everything, that's totally unfair to expect of a single person modding operation. Yeah, everyone removed Kplug from their repacks and patches, pissing off quite a few of their users and riling some of us up so that we are on the lookout for any attempt to block Kplug from working, at which point it is time for a mass exodus to another source of Koikatsu that is more open to mods that have no alternative for 99% of their functions and add way too much to pass on that the game didn't already have. The various packs aren't the problem, no, they are just compilations. The other mods are the problem. At least one of them is SEVERELY broken in a way not even related to Kplug, several actually. It was reported only a couple pages back and one of these problems doesn't go away if you go back to RX7. This is before Kplug is even installed. This is why I suggest people hold off until at least RX9.
you see, Ipa is based on SB3utility which is a very old way to make mods (it works well) but now BepInEx is out which works much better, so since Kplug works with an old way and nobody looks at it anymore it is normal for Katarsys to implement it.
however speaking of the rx8 I agree in saying that it doesn't work well, also because in game it is very buggy.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
you see, Ipa is based on SB3utility which is a very old way to make mods (it works well) but now BepInEx is out which works much better, so since Kplug works with an old way and nobody looks at it anymore it is normal for Katarsys to implement it.
however speaking of the rx8 I agree in saying that it doesn't work well, also because in game it is very buggy.
I'm aware, it has been a prevalent tool for Illusion games since before the Illusion engine switch to Unity. BepInEx may work better, but that doesn't mean a mod that already has a ton built into it using IPA can be expected to switch to BepInEx. That's twice the work that making the mod using IPA took because Katarsys would have to reverse engineer the entire code base from using IPA to BepInEx.

Indeed, RX8 is extremely buggy, but it isn't STN's fault, things must have happened in the latest update for one or more of the mods that got updates since RX7, it happens. In a project like Better Repack, you can't expect everything to work at all times because every part of it is made by someone different with no coordination between them all to keep compatibility. Even mods using BepInEx will have problems with ouher mods using BepInEx on occasion, at which point the modder simply has to fix it.

I just hope the modder behind the mod causing the really big issue that stays even if the player moves back to RX7 found out about it and is trying to fix it now. The last thing anyone needs with a bug that big is for the person who would be the one to fix it to not even know it exists.

sunisinus

Oct 6, 2017
I'm aware, it has been a prevalent tool for Illusion games since before the Illusion engine switch to Unity. BepInEx may work better, but that doesn't mean a mod that already has a ton built into it using IPA can be expected to switch to BepInEx. That's twice the work that making the mod using IPA took because Katarsys would have to reverse engineer the entire code base from using IPA to BepInEx.

Indeed, RX8 is extremely buggy, but it isn't STN's fault, things must have happened in the latest update for one or more of the mods that got updates since RX7, it happens. In a project like Better Repack, you can't expect everything to work at all times because every part of it is made by someone different with no coordination between them all to keep compatibility. Even mods using BepInEx will have problems with ouher mods using BepInEx on occasion, at which point the modder simply has to fix it.

I just hope the modder behind the mod causing the really big issue that stays even if the player moves back to RX7 found out about it and is trying to fix it now. The last thing anyone needs with a bug that big is for the person who would be the one to fix it to not even know it exists.
speaking of mods based on BepInEx: for example the Lewdcrest mod does not work with pregnancy because they both put the same things but if in the options you fix a few things you can use them both together, these are the problems that I have always encountered with mods based on BepInEx which is another thing from mods that work differently.

Reactions: alex2011

aasguard

Jul 4, 2019
if your a patreon of Katarsys he does have a new plugin for the public but the patreon will be out later it explains what to do and how to do it to make the Kplug to work in rx8

Reactions: alex2011

sunisinus

Oct 6, 2017
if your a patreon of Katarsys he does have a new plugin for the public but the patreon will be out later it explains what to do and how to do it to make the Kplug to work in rx8
that's why every time i said to read the manuals, there are 5, what did Katarsys write them for? however I am not saying that the mod does not work, I am saying that it needs to do more steps to make it go with the various packs, so I always recommend using it with the clean game without mod.

aasguard

Jul 4, 2019
that's why every time i said to read the manuals, there are 5, what did Katarsys write them for? however I am not saying that the mod does not work, I am saying that it needs to do more steps to make it go with the various packs, so I always recommend using it with the clean game without mod.
i agree new game and before you try to put the Kplug in read the manuals i swear some people dont read them

black4575

May 23, 2020
Does anyone have any idea why the kplug works perfect for me in free h mode but in story mode I can't make it work? Probe in the rx6, rx7 and rx8 will it be for a problem of hf 3.6?

4.20 star(s) 33 Votes