alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Bruv, please search(search bar up on the right) in this topic, search for "Kplug 2.3 PDF" or "Kplug 2.4 manual PDF", I'm sure you're going to find something that is going to help you. I know because it helped me and I was the one who reposted it here. Just try to search, I don't have it on me anymore.
I hate to even bring up the topic, even as a joke, because I want to trust that Marco and STN won't try anything stupid like intentionally blocking Kplug, but is it possible they are merely passing this off as accidental or buggy and it is really working as intended minus the character maker issue and a couple other things that happen even without Kplug? I mean both have expressed potential motive to do anything and everything within their skill set to stop Kplug from working so it will no longer cause issues. What doesn't cause issues doesn't cause complaints about said issues. First there's all the complaints that arise because people have an issue, then there's the refusal to get rid of IPA because Katarsys has gone too far with it to switch now, then there's potentially other conflicts that aren't in Kplug, but are Kplug related, and then finally there's the fact that the rest of their packs and patches combined don't offer enough to compete. It would be an extremely underhanded and dirty move, but it isn't out of the realm of possibility. Like I said, I don't even want to consider that they could be making such a move, possibly in coordination with each other given how both are affected at the exact same time, but IF they are, WE deserve to know since WE are the ones getting hit with the effects the hardest, so WE can decide if it is worth sticking around.

I kinda regret updating to RX7, I'm not sure why but my FPS is shite now. Before I had RX5 + Kplug and could handle multiple characters in 1 scene but RX7 just adding 1 extra character and the FPS drops to 20-26fps.
I run RX7 since I refuse to update until Better Repack is fixed, my copy works fine, a solid 40-60 FPS at all times.

I could not have worded it better " That's A LOT of code to change for one guy. Katarsys didn't 'sleep in class,' he's been telling the teacher he's wrong and proving it the entire time in front of the entire class, leaving the teacher to backpedal and deny he is wrong. " nicely put Alex.
I just said what I felt and used what I was given in the comment I replied to to do it, not always the best decision, but I didn't think I was too compromised at the time to comment in that way. I have seen no evidence to support any of these anti-Kplug claims, sure, he's a bit stubborn and hardd to work with, but he's doing an amazing job given the hand he has. I'm not nearly as stubborn and would gladly convert my code in most cases, but in a case like Kplug, that's a big hell no. We're talking potentially thousands of lines of code, ALL of which will need some sort of change and some of it extensively so.

KPlug public version 2.5 the link is in the manual for anyone looking for it.
Nice, I was wondering when it would update, I'll have to upgrade my RX7 installed 2.44 to 2.5 in a bit.

Reactions: em0rt41

Lefty75uk

Jan 8, 2019
I have been reading through Illusions blog & came across this message it might be nothing but if you look at the post message & the image we might be getting a " Koikatu 2 " -

black4575

May 23, 2020
I got tired I tested in a thousand different ways I read a thousand guides and I can not make the kplug it work in the story mode, I give up xD

black4575

May 23, 2020
Can someone test if the kplug works in story mode and tell me what to do? because I already reinstalled the game like 10 times the rx6, rx7 and rx8 I make them work in free h but not in history

MakotoYuki90

Apr 6, 2018
Can someone test if the kplug works in story mode and tell me what to do? because I already reinstalled the game like 10 times the rx6, rx7 and rx8 I make them work in free h but not in history
Download the last version of kplug and read the instruction where you get the download link.

Reactions: tltbkp and Gunzorla

black4575

May 23, 2020
Download the last version of kplug and read the instruction where you get the download link.

In the end I was able to install it well and without problems with the hf patch 3.3 I think the problem is with the 3.6 they must have put something purposeful so that it does not work

Reactions: alex2011

Gunzorla

Feb 16, 2019
any news of kPlug for RX 8 ?

i heard ScrewThisNoise not recommend to use kPlug on his repack but he still included files something like rollback to the official illusion code so that make kPlug work again.. ?

Mαlice

Jun 10, 2018
This was from STN's Discord quite recently:

"kPlug... again -.-

Hi there... let's do this again... I have been informed that kPlug doesn't work perfectly with RX8... yeah, I imagine so, that's no news, a lot of stuff doesn't work with kPlug... This time the reason is... a optimization to how the game deals with several scenarios! As some of you may have noticed, a very rare update to the ingame version occurred with RX8, this is the game optimizations in question. Due to how core to the game this optimization is, it couldn't be done as a plugin, so it's a very rare Hardmod. Soooooooo, what is the real effect for you as an end user? What is so important that I decided to apply a hardmod to one of my modern packs? Even though I have stated on several occasions how bad an idea that is? Simple, game is less prone to crashing randomly, it doesn't have as many random freezes throughout gameplay (Especially studio users should want this, as timeline usage is a bit more smooth). The pros far outweigh the cons for doing this. The maker of kPlug, as usual, has slept in class, and not caught on to changes happening in the modding community. He now depends on a dead framework, IPA, and a outdated game build. If for some reason you want to rollback to the official illusion code, that's fine, as I've included said files in the repack. Just copy these folders to the base game folder and it's back [Not recommended] Again, I don't recommend using kPlug with my pack, in my opinion it's not a worthwhile tradeoff, but you're free to do with your game as you wish if you disagree on the math here ;)"

unknown.png

STN should really take their own advice though, their latest Repack is not exactly the most stable ever released and there are issues with RX8 that just does not seem to be getting addressed and sorted out. Quick to point out kplug's flaws, not so for their own ones.

The question is though, what is the new content added to the latest version of kplug and is it actually worth going through the hassle of trying to make it compatible to work with the pack?

Last edited:

aasguard

Jul 4, 2019

"kPlug... again -.-

Hi there... let's do this again... I have been informed that kPlug doesn't work perfectly with RX8... yeah, I imagine so, that's no news, a lot of stuff doesn't work with kPlug... This time the reason is... a optimization to how the game deals with several scenarios! As some of you may have noticed, a very rare update to the ingame version occurred with RX8, this is the game optimizations in question. Due to how core to the game this optimization is, it couldn't be done as a plugin, so it's a very rare Hardmod. Soooooooo, what is the real effect for you as an end user? What is so important that I decided to apply a hardmod to one of my modern packs? Even though I have stated on several occasions how bad an idea that is? Simple, game is less prone to crashing randomly, it doesn't have as many random freezes throughout gameplay (Especially studio users should want this, as timeline usage is a bit more smooth). The pros far outweigh the cons for doing this. The maker of kPlug, as usual, has slept in class, and not caught on to changes happening in the modding community. He now depends on a dead framework, IPA, and a outdated game build. If for some reason you want to rollback to the official illusion code, that's fine, as I've included said files in the repack. Just copy these folders to the base game folder and it's back [Not recommended] Again, I don't recommend using kPlug with my pack, in my opinion it's not a worthwhile tradeoff, but you're free to do with your game as you wish if you disagree on the math here ;)"

View attachment 969448

STN should really take their own advice though, their latest Repack is not exactly the most stable ever released and there are issues with RX8 that just does not seem to be getting addressed and sorted out. Quick to point out kplug's flaws, not so for their own ones.

The question is though, what is the new content added to the latest version of kplug and is it actually worth going through the hassle of trying to make it compatible to work with the pack?
hes always coming up with new stuff in hes Kplug i have always been amazed with what he keeps putting in there

Grom778

Jan 23, 2020
speaking of mods based on BepInEx: for example the Lewdcrest mod does not work with pregnancy because they both put the same things but if in the options you fix a few things you can use them both together, these are the problems that I have always encountered with mods based on BepInEx which is another thing from mods that work differently.
can you help me with the Lewdcrest settings so that it is displayed on the body of the girl what should I enable?

em0rt41

Apr 4, 2020
I hate to even bring up the topic, even as a joke, because I want to trust that Marco and STN won't try anything stupid like intentionally blocking Kplug, but is it possible they are merely passing this off as accidental or buggy and it is really working as intended minus the character maker issue and a couple other things that happen even without Kplug? I mean both have expressed potential motive to do anything and everything within their skill set to stop Kplug from working so it will no longer cause issues. What doesn't cause issues doesn't cause complaints about said issues. First there's all the complaints that arise because people have an issue, then there's the refusal to get rid of IPA because Katarsys has gone too far with it to switch now, then there's potentially other conflicts that aren't in Kplug, but are Kplug related, and then finally there's the fact that the rest of their packs and patches combined don't offer enough to compete. It would be an extremely underhanded and dirty move, but it isn't out of the realm of possibility. Like I said, I don't even want to consider that they could be making such a move, possibly in coordination with each other given how both are affected at the exact same time, but IF they are, WE deserve to know since WE are the ones getting hit with the effects the hardest, so WE can decide if it is worth sticking around.

I run RX7 since I refuse to update until Better Repack is fixed, my copy works fine, a solid 40-60 FPS at all times.

I just said what I felt and used what I was given in the comment I replied to to do it, not always the best decision, but I didn't think I was too compromised at the time to comment in that way. I have seen no evidence to support any of these anti-Kplug claims, sure, he's a bit stubborn and hardd to work with, but he's doing an amazing job given the hand he has. I'm not nearly as stubborn and would gladly convert my code in most cases, but in a case like Kplug, that's a big hell no. We're talking potentially thousands of lines of code, ALL of which will need some sort of change and some of it extensively so.

Nice, I was wondering when it would update, I'll have to upgrade my RX7 installed 2.44 to 2.5 in a bit.
I wasn't IMPLYING that, but yeah that is what I was hinting with all my posts. Today things are not so clear, they happen under the hood and behind the curtains. It is just the way things are today and there is no way to change that, it is cultural and a trend that is hard to reverse.

Thanks for the tips, community !!

Thanks for the tips, community !!
I told you, in my last big post under a spoiler that it was HF 3.6 that when installed on BR, that was breaking it. Stick to old versions of HF and upload to 3.6 manually, update the mods yourself by downloading new versions and keep out the ones that break it.

Reactions: alex2011

Gunzorla

Feb 16, 2019
Thanks bro. im not sure what is official illusion code for. should i check all box when install ?

Last edited:

IZAVA

Game Developer
Jan 3, 2021
Hi everyone.
I need DLC`s:

• Personality Additional Pack
  • After School
  • Yoyaku Preorder
  • Darkness
For my RePack*
Please give me direct links, or a torrent tracker is very necessary!

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
In the end I was able to install it well and without problems with the hf patch 3.3 I think the problem is with the 3.6 they must have put something purposeful so that it does not work
I wasn't IMPLYING that, but yeah that is what I was hinting with all my posts. Today things are not so clear, they happen under the hood and behind the curtains. It is just the way things are today and there is no way to change that, it is cultural and a trend that is hard to reverse.

I told you, in my last big post under a spoiler that it was HF 3.6 that when installed on BR, that was breaking it. Stick to old versions of HF and upload to 3.6 manually, update the mods yourself by downloading new versions and keep out the ones that break it.
I'm starting to suspect there is indeed foul play going on, but I'm not ready to start throwing accusations. It could just be a bug, something STN and Marco didn't intend. That culture isn't as hard to reverse as you think, both STN and Marco are doing this for money, so all we have to do is stop using their product. I know, some of us aren't paying and all that stuff about this being a pirate site. That doesn't really come into play in this case because of how big a mod Kplug is. If they did this to anything smaller, sure, it might just go unnoticed, but this will create one hell of a bang and not the kind STN and Marco want if they are behind this. It will cost them, dearly. People will see this modder war and begin a mass exodus because content is being cut, including their patrons. Cut content is ALWAYS a bad idea and Kplug provides A LOT of content. These two wouldn't be the first I've seen attempt to enforce a content cut and it isn't going so well for the last dev I saw attempt it.

"kPlug... again -.-

View attachment 969448

This latest 'game update' broke things, not just in Kplug, but all over the repack. Like I said to the last guy who commented this message from STN, Katarsys didn't 'sleep in class,' he's been
telling the teacher he's wrong and proving it the entire time in front of the entire class, leaving the teacher to backpedal and deny he is wrong.
New content in Kplug has been new positions in every type of H in the game for the last several updates. The latest public, I'm not sure, there isn't much in the post. It might just be consolidating everything. Looks like he bumped the x-ray timer up to 60 seconds per key press, most of the keys got new mappings for Kplug functions, and there's also the ability to invite girls while in a type of H other than normal one on one H. It also seems the auto invite ability, where girls in the same room join automatically, can activate in other H types now as well. Most of the work is positions and key mapping.

Hi everyone.
I need DLC`s:

• Personality Additional Pack
  • After School
  • Yoyaku Preorder
  • Darkness
For my RePack*
Please give me direct links, or a torrent tracker is very necessary!
The repack already has them installed, but DO NOT get RX8, find RX7 somewhere.

Reactions: aasguard

Miss Bulchi

Donor
Mar 16, 2018
Thanks bro. im not sure what is official illusion code for. should i check all box when install ?
I don't have any mods, just unzipped RX8 and copied the BepInEx folder from the [OPTIONAL] Mods\IPALoaderX v1.2.2 directory and Pasted to the game folder ( [ScrewThisNoise] Koikatsu BetterRepack RX8 ). Then run kPlugInstaller_JP.exe and select the following components: "Install kPlug dll" and "Install kPlug Data". Browse and select the ( [ScrewThisNoise] Koikatsu BetterRepack RX8 ) game folder and Install. Just tested in Free H mode, and it is working.

Reactions: Gunzorla

JMccovery

Mar 7, 2018
The repack already has them installed, but DO NOT get RX8, find RX7 somewhere.
I wouldn't say to not get RX8, just be wary of updating from RX7.

Besides that, I just installed kPlug 2.5 on top of RX8, reverting back to the vanilla assembly files then using the kPlug installer, and so far everything works fine.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I wouldn't say to not get RX8, just be wary of updating from RX7.

Besides that, I just installed kPlug 2.5 on top of RX8, reverting back to the vanilla assembly files then using the kPlug installer, and so far everything works fine.
I mean, it's a bit of work to get what the previous version already had working. I'm actively considering dropping all further updates as I doubt I'm on an unstable version of any of the mods that now require this new update that has to be rolled back to use Kplug and there are no worthwhile and compatible game updates. It's better to just use RX7 because of that assuming people can still get it. Should the official links cease to function, I will probably look into making my own torrent again assuming I permanently stick to RX7 and I will do whatever is necessary to keep those links active, even if it means opposing STN himself. That last line is in reference to getting copyright struck by Flashbangz the last time I tried distributing his pack on here, nearly cost me my MEGA account. If I must fight the same crap from STN, I will.

Reactions: aasguard
4.20 star(s) 33 Votes