MakotoYuki90

Apr 6, 2018
Except I'm not, the point wasn't that it takes a massive amount, but that it doesn't really use anything else, it focuses the load almost exclusively on RAM. Also, it actually does take quite a bit once you get to using a full expanded class of 98 students plus whichever teacher loads in during each period and then you might as well double that for the Force High Poly mod, which turns everything that displays in low poly mode while roaming to high poly mode.

My original copy of Artificial Academy 2 says they don't. I've been running it using the .dll in the game folder method ever since Windows 10 came out and it works great. The bad optimization started in AI Shoujo and didn't really continue after that since Honey Select 2 also works just fine. Using RAM exclusively IS NOT bad optimization, it's actually a smart move when the game doesn't need the power of a dedicated graphics card, such as Artificial Academy 2. In the case of Koikatsu, AI Shoujo, and Honey Select 2, those three could have used the extra power, but anything before didn't really need it. It would just be extra heat building up for little return. The mods I agree on, some optimization could be done for Lewdcrest for sure.

Yes, this is a mod issue, not a game issue. The modder needs to work under the hood for a bit to make it run smoother and to try and eliminate incompatibilities with other mods.

Exactly, very little of anything else in the machine is used for graphics, not the best decision, but not even close to the problems AI Shoujo has.

Did you set up the folder for it? You have to set up a folder named kbuddy or something like that for the mod to detect the buddies feature being available. You also have to make sure the setting for it is on.

There are two mods that allow this, Kplug and another one I forgot the name of, but I'm pretty sure has POV in the name. For Kplug, hit right shift or numpad 0. I don't use the other mod.
I think you never played to sexy beach premium resort, the first game of illusion made from unity3d engine. AA series, AGA3 so on, the old illusion games used a they own game engine before they awap to another engine, the problem isn't unity3d. And don't belive the problem is only AI here eh, HS1 do the bad shader setting, that game suffer a lot. but thanks to HSUS the game is better, PH still have a bad game optmize, KK share the same fate here, but thanks to the modder the game is more stable, EC have a bad optmize to the bad shadow settings and light....AI to the bad infinite draw, in the island, funny fact the studio neo 2 isn't heavy like for the main game and some modder have fixed frame drop, same fate for HS2.... The worse game optimize still is sexy beach premium resort.
RAM for gaming is fine IF you need recorder, chat, rendering in same time. But if you need only play games the ram is your last thing that you need worried about that.
i have a better perfomance from DMC5 that from any other illusion games.

Last edited:

JMccovery

Mar 7, 2018
I think you never played to sexy beach premium resort, the first game of illusion made from unity3d engine. AA series, AGA3 so on, the old illusion games used a they own game engine before they awap to another engine, the problem isn't unity3d. And don't belive the problem is only AI here eh, HS1 do the bad shader setting, that game suffer a lot. but thanks to HSUS the game is better, PH still have a bad game optmize, KK share the same fate here, but thanks to the modder the game is more stable, EC have a bad optmize to the bad shadow settings and light....AI to the bad infinite draw, in the island, funny fact the studio neo 2 isn't heavy like for the main game and some modder have fixed frame drop, same fate for HS2.... The worse game optimize still is sexy beach premium resort.
RAM for gaming is fine IF you need recorder, chat, rendering in same time. But if you need only play games the ram is your last thing that you need worried about that.
I wouldn't leave Unity out of the equation of optimization problems, a lot of pre-2020 versions of Unity aren't the most stable or optimized builds.

Hell, Genshin Impact was using Unity 2017/2018, and for a good while the game ran atrociously even at minimal settings. Oddly enough, some people (like myself with my RX570 4GB) had zero issues running at 1080p with max settings. Others with far more powerful Nvidia cards couldn't run the game more than a few minutes.

I love Unity for its ease of use and portability, but man, it can be hot garbage at times.

Gunzorla

Feb 16, 2019
i have some problem about kPlug 2.5 on RX8. no location like desk or chair and every maps just left this 3 location ??

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I wouldn't leave Unity out of the equation of optimization problems, a lot of pre-2020 versions of Unity aren't the most stable or optimized builds.

Hell, Genshin Impact was using Unity 2017/2018, and for a good while the game ran atrociously even at minimal settings. Oddly enough, some people (like myself with my RX570 4GB) had zero issues running at 1080p with max settings. Others with far more powerful Nvidia cards couldn't run the game more than a few minutes.

I love Unity for its ease of use and portability, but man, it can be hot garbage at times.
I have and still do play SBPR to this day with none of the issues I hear complaints about. I have played and still do play basically every game Illusion has ever made that isn't just a VN.

I'm aware they used their own engine before switching to Unity with Harem Mate and Honey Select 1, that's why most of their games have to use a .dll in the game folder so they don't lag because of Windows 10.

The problem isn't Unity, but it also isn't optimization issues except in AI Shoujo.

The bad shader thing in Honey Select 1 was an Illusion issue, though like I said, I never had it and it did get fixed.

Play Home works just fine, no problems in that one.

Koikatsu works just fine as long as you don't run too many students for your RAM to handle and I run a copy with only the translation, no mods for performance, so that copy is running the unmodded performance levels you claim are not good.

Never played Emotion Creators because it is basically just a studio with no attached game, but considering it is based off of Koikatsu, I doubt it was poorly optimized.

AI Shoujo definitely had issues with the fact that it draws literally everything at all times, even unused assets. That's why it lags, because somebody at Illusion forgot to remove island assets that the players have no access to and the game is forced to draw those island assets in a place the player cannot see.

The shadow and light settings in the studio aren't bad, they just require a lot of work to get right. The studio IS NOT for the people looking to just mess around.

No, the worst game is still AI Shoujo in performance.

The issue in Koikatsu is RAM, all students are loaded into RAM, so every student means less FPS once you reach a certain amount. That is a poor design decision because it doesn't allow for a computer with dedicated graphics to use those to load the students and get great performance even at a higher student count, but it is not an optimization issue.

Still, I have never been below 40 FPS in this game.

The fact that Metal Gear Solid 5 can run better than KK is something to be worried about :HideThePain:
Try running MGS5 without dedicated graphics, you'll see just how bad it runs. Far worse than Koikatsu, at least Koikatsu can run almost exclusively on RAM at a consistent 40-60 FPS. You also have to take into account that MGS5 is a game by a large company developer, Illusion is A LOT smaller than Kojima Productions and Konami.

matolkow

Jul 23, 2017
Does anyone have an idea why my KK Manager cannot search for mod updates? It's like searching forever...
I need to get that one update of Studio Items (the one that have like 14GB size) is there any other way I can download that update?

JMccovery

Mar 7, 2018
The issue in Koikatsu is RAM, all students are loaded into RAM, so every student means less FPS once you reach a certain amount. That is a poor design decision because it doesn't allow for a computer with dedicated graphics to use those to load the students and get great performance even at a higher student count, but it is not an optimization issue.
I think the reason they went that route is because it does allow a lot more machines to run Koikatsu, as they would've probably made a 4GB dedicated card the bare minimum, which a lot of people don't have. Probably also thought that since textures and whatnot will be paged into system RAM anyways, just use it for main program memory.

Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I think the reason they went that route is because it does allow a lot more machines to run Koikatsu, as they would've probably made a 4GB dedicated card the bare minimum, which a lot of people don't have. Probably also thought that since textures and whatnot will be paged into system RAM anyways, just use it for main program memory.
That's what I was thinking, taking a slight hit on potential performance to open up the game to wider variety of machines. Most games make 4GB the minimum, at least ones like this, but most games also allow better use of hardware, such as only exclusively using generalized RAM if only the main RAM bank is present as opposed to a machine with an actual graphics card that has a type of RAM specifically designed to better handle graphics.

As for loading the game in the main memory bank, that's typically how games are programmed, with the game's main processes being handled by the main memory bank while dedicated memory, like that of a graphics card, is used for graphics.

Also, most computers that aren't custom built come with at least 4GB in their primary RAM bank. Mine came with 4GB DDR4 as a base and I personally upgraded it to 24GB DDR4 to cut costs at the time of purchase for the machine itself as it was an extremely tight fit on the budget and nearly pushed me over at base level. I had the option to go fully loaded from the start at the risk of going over my budget.

I already own koikatsu party but just wanted the dlc and uncensored patch and help
There is a pack made specifically for Party, but it has been discontinued for a long time now. It is suggested that players use the Japanese game version pack instead.

Grom778

Jan 23, 2020
what mod does that bend ass like that? :) and where can I find such a card tenryuu chan :)

Last edited:

MakotoYuki90

Apr 6, 2018
what mod does that bend ass like that? :) and where can I find such a card tenryuu chan :)

100% from studio, the author for the first scene used kkpe by changing the collision values, for he second scene used nodeconstraints or VNGE or timeline or both node constraints and timeline or node constraints and VNGE.

em0rt41

Apr 4, 2020
I have and still do play SBPR to this day with none of the issues I hear complaints about. I have played and still do play basically every game Illusion has ever made that isn't just a VN.

I'm aware they used their own engine before switching to Unity with Harem Mate and Honey Select 1, that's why most of their games have to use a .dll in the game folder so they don't lag because of Windows 10.

The problem isn't Unity, but it also isn't optimization issues except in AI Shoujo.

The bad shader thing in Honey Select 1 was an Illusion issue, though like I said, I never had it and it did get fixed.

Play Home works just fine, no problems in that one.

Koikatsu works just fine as long as you don't run too many students for your RAM to handle and I run a copy with only the translation, no mods for performance, so that copy is running the unmodded performance levels you claim are not good.

Never played Emotion Creators because it is basically just a studio with no attached game, but considering it is based off of Koikatsu, I doubt it was poorly optimized.

AI Shoujo definitely had issues with the fact that it draws literally everything at all times, even unused assets. That's why it lags, because somebody at Illusion forgot to remove island assets that the players have no access to and the game is forced to draw those island assets in a place the player cannot see.

The shadow and light settings in the studio aren't bad, they just require a lot of work to get right. The studio IS NOT for the people looking to just mess around.

No, the worst game is still AI Shoujo in performance.

Still, I have never been below 40 FPS in this game.

Try running MGS5 without dedicated graphics, you'll see just how bad it runs. Far worse than Koikatsu, at least Koikatsu can run almost exclusively on RAM at a consistent 40-60 FPS. You also have to take into account that MGS5 is a game by a large company developer, Illusion is A LOT smaller than Kojima Productions and Konami.
What do you mean? I run MGS5 in an laptop with a Nvidia 710m. That card is slightly above Intel HD4k which is the absolute bottom wheel of graphic cards. I'm serious, my card is awful, it cannot run anything above 15fps. It is a miracle that Fox Engine is optimized in a way that it allows the game to go above 30fps.

Reactions: MakotoYuki90

matolkow

Jul 23, 2017
I have an issue with a Studio. All of the male characters are loading with female bodies and no balls. (I am using a kPlug btw.) I am unable to use UncensorSelector to change manually the bodies of the characters because it will have compability issues with the kPlug.
Can anyone tell me how I can resolve that? Like are there any mods for that or something?

Also do anyone have a name of the mod/ plugin that will allow to project screens/images on the scenes in Studio like for that case on the screenshot? The circled place should be showing the girl crotch like it was recorded from laptop.

Overflown

Has Many Secrets
Game Developer
Jul 26, 2017
Does anyone know which mods cause major fps drops? The game unmodded runs smooth, but after installing Kplug with kplugcore.exe, and the premodded ones (used KK Manager) only the H scenes get a huge fps drop. "Wandering around" has stable fps.
I realized Force High Poly mod causes huge performance drop. Does anyone know what else? Thanks!

Spec
1080ti
64gb ram

MakotoYuki90

Apr 6, 2018
I have an issue with a Studio. All of the male characters are loading with female bodies and no balls. (I am using a kPlug btw.) I am unable to use UncensorSelector to change manually the bodies of the characters because it will have compability issues with the kPlug.
Can anyone tell me how I can resolve that? Like are there any mods for that or something?

Also do anyone have a name of the mod/ plugin that will allow to project screens/images on the scenes in Studio like for that case on the screenshot? The circled place should be showing the girl crotch like it was recorded from laptop.
Kplug with studio has nothing to do with. Pleople need stop blame Kplug for everything.
Select the female characters->anim->Chara state->uncensored selector. For the mirror screen you need use the screen camera mod.

MakotoYuki90

Apr 6, 2018
Does anyone know which mods cause major fps drops? The game unmodded runs smooth, but after installing Kplug with kplugcore.exe, and the premodded ones (used KK Manager) only the H scenes get a huge fps drop. "Wandering around" has stable fps.
I realized Force High Poly mod causes huge performance drop. Does anyone know what else? Thanks!

Spec
1080ti
64gb ram
Well, that is pretty normal. More characters you add in h-scene and system resource take.

orrochimaru

Jun 15, 2018
Hi everyone i have rtx8 and kplug 2,5 i used kplug installer and i can play the game with k plug but sometimes when i click the go home button it just goes to a white screen and stays like that until i close the game. does anyone have the same problem?

4.20 star(s) 33 Votes