alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
certain clothing items like hair or accesories or just anything clothing related wont load in story mode but will inside character maker and h-scene bonus selector. anyone have this problem/know a fix? im on the most recent repack (RX9 )
By not loading in story, if you mean when walking, that's because they don't have a low poly model. The fix is to use the ForceHighPoly mod included in the optional mods folder, but it does raise the RAM usage pretty significantly.

Reactions: paxtn and JMccovery

telephone man

May 15, 2019
By not loading in story, if you mean when walking, that's because they don't have a low poly model. The fix is to use the ForceHighPoly mod included in the optional mods folder, but it does raise the RAM usage pretty significantly.
im busying editing stuff right now but ill be sure to give this a go, thanks for this. pretty weird to just see someones vagina or someone missing hair out of no where.

Reactions: alex2011

ravenvilkas

Oct 3, 2017
Sorry for asking a dumb question, but is there a way to make set it so that the "girls" (futas or femboys) can ejaculate on climax?

paxtn

May 6, 2019
Thx. I had the same problem and this fixed it.

The game needs only a little more RAM. Bevor 12 to 13GB used. Now 12.5 to 13.5 GB.
But the VRAM usage of the GPU is significant higher. Bevor 4-6GB VRAM and now 5 to 10GB VRAM is used.
Also the Framerate drops from 110-144 to 55-70 in a classroom full of girls (>10).
No problem when only one to four girls has to be rendered. Also the VRAM usage isn't to high with <5 girls in a room.

So the GPU load is much higher when more girls has to be renderd. No problem for my GTX 1080 Ti. But others could have problems and laggs, when they play with a lot of girls and the ForceHighPoly plugin.

JMccovery

Mar 7, 2018
The game needs only a little more RAM. Bevor 12 to 13GB used. Now 12.5 to 13.5 GB.
But the VRAM usage of the GPU is significant higher. Bevor 4-6GB VRAM and now 5 to 10GB VRAM is used.
At least on my system with a 4GB RX570, VRAM is barely touched, and that with 99 students at school plus ForceHighPoly enabled and maximum graphics.

Now, as for system RAM, Koikatsu eats up to 75% of RAM, regularly seeing up to 24GB when I had 32GB, and up to 32GB when I upgraded to 64GB.

paxtn

May 6, 2019
At least on my system with a 4GB RX570, VRAM is barely touched, and that with 99 students at school plus ForceHighPoly enabled and maximum graphics.
I also play at max graphics at 2560x1440.
So the game allocates VRAM as much as it can get, although it doesn't need so much.
Now, as for system RAM, Koikatsu eats up to 75% of RAM, regularly seeing up to 24GB when I had 32GB, and up to 32GB when I upgraded to 64GB.
I have 32GB system RAM. I play with the default max of 38 students. It always stays below 14GB of system RAM usage. It never uses more. Maybe another plugin fills your system RAM. I only use RX9+HighPoly.
1617139111027.png 1617139480773.png

MEM (green) is VRAM
RAM (blue) is system RAM (incl. background programs, only Firefox with this page is open at the moment)

The game is terrible optimized for the graphics it displays.

JMccovery

Mar 7, 2018
I have 32GB system RAM. I play with the default max of 38 students. It always stays below 14GB of system RAM usage. It never uses more. Maybe another plugin fills your system RAM. I only use RX9+HighPoly.
14GB for only 38 students + high poly seems kinda high, as I was averaging 16GB with 55, and 20GB with 75-99, with high poly.

The optimization is bad, because of the (relatively) old version of Unity this game uses; sorta like how Genshin Impact ran terribly for several people at launch, as Unity 2017 was/is hot garbage.

Edit: Don't rely on external tools like Afterburner, HWINFO and such to give you RAM usage of Koikatsu, as they report total RAM usage. The FPS Counter plugin gives the amount of RAM used by the game itself. That's where I got my usage values from.

Last edited:
Reactions: alex2011 and paxtn

timeline23

May 22, 2020

This is a thing now. Now more K-Plug download this and put it in the bepinex/plugins folder. It does not work with the steam ver. and seems to only work on Free-H at the moment.
How to make this plugin work? even in Free-h mode, any shortcut for this?

Blobbers00

Jul 26, 2018
Alright, I have one of the latest repacks, 8GB of RAM and a bunch of modded characters, like a bunch of Persona girls, Azula etc. Is it normal behavior for my game to literally have unplayable load times if I have more than 5 girls loaded in? If so, that's fine, but I'm wondering if there's a simple tweak that I'm supposed to make to have the game not chug heavily.

JMccovery

Mar 7, 2018
Alright, I have one of the latest repacks, 8GB of RAM and a bunch of modded characters, like a bunch of Persona girls, Azula etc. Is it normal behavior for my game to literally have unplayable load times if I have more than 5 girls loaded in? If so, that's fine, but I'm wondering if there's a simple tweak that I'm supposed to make to have the game not chug heavily.
Is the game on a hard drive or SSD? Another possible thing could be that 8GB RAM is cutting it real close to unplayability, and swap file activity is causing your issue.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Sorry for asking a dumb question, but is there a way to make set it so that the "girls" (futas or femboys) can ejaculate on climax?
Those are handled entirely by mods and I'm not sure the modders gave the mods that functionality. The game is specifically set around having one guy and a bunch of non-futa girls as it is supposed to be an all girls school with an exception made for the MC based on familial connections he has with a staff member.

how to i add the optional mods? where do i go from here? this is what my folder looks like:
View attachment 1117177
they're all in the same "Koikatsu" folder
The optional mods should all be in folders with their mod name. Inside those folders is another folder or two that match folders with the game exe, put them there and make sure it asks to merge folders with those names.

is there a patch where you can play with 2 girls
It has that function built in, but they must be lovers of the PC and must be experienced. There are two ways to start it, either by sneaking up to them when they play with another girl or by playing with one girl yourself while another is in the room. Both have a chance to pop up a new button, either blue or pink depending on which way you start it, in the bottom corner.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2020
Those are handled entirely by mods and I'm not sure the modders gave the mods that functionality. The game is specifically set around having one guy and a bunch of non-futa girls as it is supposed to be an all girls school with an exception made for the MC based on familial connections he has with a staff member.

The optional mods should all be in folders with their mod name. Inside those folders is another folder or two that match folders with the game exe, put them there and make sure it asks to merge folders with those names.

It has that function built in, butthey must be lovers of the PC and must be experienced. There are two ways to start it, either by sneaking up to them when they play with another girl or by playing with one girl yourself while another is in the room. Both have a chance to pop up a new button, either blue or pink depending on which way you start it, in the bottom corner.
thank you, another question, can you switch to 1st person pov in a sex scene?

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
This game is simultaneously great and horrible, leaning 65-35 on the side of great. On the one hand, the character creation is really good and you can make some really nice looking models (or horrendous models if that's your thing). And the mirror in the locker room is a real mirror, albeit adding some additional shadowing to the reflection. Also, "Party" is well translated. On the other hand, RX8 at best has a buggy auto translator. The auto-translations leave me having to guess not only what was being said but also what the correct answer is. And sometimes the cheat menu will pop up for no apparent reason when pressing a button you've pressed without incident a couple dozen times already and bug the MC out.
Having played more in the game I feel the need to update this. First and foremost, +10 metaphorical pts each for happening across Neptune and Blanc getting it on and Lusamine and Nihilego Lusamine talking to each other in story mode. That was hilarious. The translator continues to be a source of irritation, but not to the same degree. I was messing around in the plugin menu after it suddenly showed up in the menu (at the time of my first post it had never been there) and I guess I flipped some sort of switch that fixed the translator so it wasn't translating as it went usually. While it's still very heavy in the 'Engrish', it's a far more enjoyable experience to be able to know with some certainty what most characters are saying. Some characters still have auto-translator issues as before, but not so bad as to make it unidentifiable. The Engrish is just a little stronger in those characters. I also figured out the cheat menu (kind of), and while I still have no idea why it popped up when I didn't press the key it was bound to, binding it to a different key seems to have fixed that issue. Also, plugins. Helpful little bits of more enjoyment. So updated opinion on the game, it's sitting 95-5 on great. It still has some issues that are bad enough I can't give it full 100 on great.
*Edit about translator: Realizing I didn't explain what I meant about the translator, when I first started playing RX8, it was translating as it went. After whatever switch I flipped it now has like a cache of translation or something. So instead of the text coming up in Japanese first before translating into Engrish, it just comes up immediately in the Engrish. For most characters.

Last edited:

JMccovery

Mar 7, 2018
thank you, another question, can you switch to 1st person pov in a sex scene?
There is a POV plugin included with the default RX8/RX9 installation called RealPOV, think the shortcut for it is the backspace key, not 100% sure as I had to disable the plugin because it keeps 'breaking' kPlug's first person mode.

You should be able to find it in the Options > Plugin Settings menu.

Aug 6, 2020
There is a POV plugin included with the default RX8/RX9 installation called RealPOV, think the shortcut for it is the backspace key, not 100% sure as I had to disable the plugin because it keeps 'breaking' kPlug's first person mode.

You should be able to find it in the Options > Plugin Settings menu.
okay, okay, thanks a lot, uh final questions
1. Koitatu vs Koikatsu party.
2. Should I add things like the HF patch or KPLUG or are those in this already?

4.20 star(s) 33 Votes