VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
Has anyone had an issue with hair/head textures being fucked up? Everything will be fine in the character maker, but when I actually go in game it doesn't render right and I end up missing half my head... View attachment 1133947
Some modded hairs just don't have low detail versions it should show up like normal in any scenes that load the full model.

JMccovery

Mar 7, 2018
Has anyone had an issue with hair/head textures being fucked up? Everything will be fine in the character maker, but when I actually go in game it doesn't render right and I end up missing half my head... View attachment 1133947
Do you have "Force High Poly" enabled in Options > Plugin Settings?

No cause another games not showing FPS like this. i dont know if its accident setting or something on the game
Try opening up KKManager and disabling the FPS Counter plugin to see if that fixes the issue.

Kandala

Sep 17, 2017
The most up-to-date version is RX9. You can download the RX8 all-in-one from here, then download the RX8 to RX9 update, or you can go to and download the RX9 all-in-one from there. Also, make sure you download the Sideloader Modpack as well.

Technically, you shouldn't run into any problems with updating from RX8 to RX9, but things can go wrong (not as bad as updating from RX7 to RX8 was for some people).
Ohhh i see many thanks, so the "All-in-on" download link here is up to RX8 and if i download that i'd need to download a RX9 update? Also if there's been people who has had things go wrong from updating RX8 to RX9 i'm assuming it's probably better to go to Better repack and get the RX9 all in one from there if this is my first time using Koikatsu? I won't be missing anything right? My only experience with these sort of things is with CM3D2 and the amount of things you had to download for that made my head spin lol

Edit: Sorry for asking so many questions but is this better repack RX9 and the "kplug" thing like mods for the game? I tried googling what exactly they are but i couldn't find any answers since to my knowledge i only know of this game as koikatsu and i think koikatsu party is just the english steam name of the game....?

Last edited:

JMccovery

Mar 7, 2018
Ohhh i see many thanks, so the "All-in-on" download link here is up to RX8 and if i download that i'd need to download a RX9 update? Also if there's been people who has had things go wrong from updating RX8 to RX9 i'm assuming it's probably better to go to Better repack and get the RX9 all in one from there if this is my first time using Koikatsu? I won't be missing anything right? My only experience with these sort of things is with CM3D2 and the amount of things you had to download for that made my head spin lol
Since you're starting fresh, download the RX9 all-in-one.

Edit: Sorry for asking so many questions but is this better repack RX9 and the "kplug" thing like mods for the game? I tried googling what exactly they are but i couldn't find any answers since to my knowledge i only know of this game as koikatsu and i think koikatsu party is just the english steam name of the game....?
The repacks (RX8, RX9 and so on) are repackages of the base Koikatsu game with several plugins/mods included plus additional optional plugins/mods.

Kplug is a mod for Koikatsu that mainly changes how h-scenes flow, and adds new poses. It isn't completely compatible with all of what's included in the repacks, and offers an installer that will completely remove any repack plugins that are incompatible and could cause problems with Kplug. It's also available as a manual install, where you'll have to go and disable/remove (as well as changing shortcuts on others) plugins that could cause issues

Reactions: Kandala

Nasty_Gary

Apr 28, 2018
Does the latest repack include the fix for the weird telescope benis? I could swear there was one in AI Shoujo.

BlueRockTaster

Nov 13, 2017
I'm using RX9, and I'm trying to use animations in Chara Studio. Too bad the wrists are twisting and glitching out. Does anyone know a fix for this?

JMccovery

Mar 7, 2018
I don't see an option for that. Is that only available with RX9?
It's been included in the repacks since at least RX5, I think. It's possible that it may have been removed from the full RX9 download.

If you don't have an option to enable Force High Poly, open up KKManager in the [UTILITY] KKManager directory and see if it's in the list of plugins; if it is there, but disabled, enable it. If ForceHighPoly isn't listed, you can check to see if it is in the [OPTIONAL] Mods directory or download it from here .

Kandala

Sep 17, 2017
Since you're starting fresh, download the RX9 all-in-one.

The repacks (RX8, RX9 and so on) are repackages of the base Koikatsu game with several plugins/mods included plus additional optional plugins/mods.

Kplug is a mod for Koikatsu that mainly changes how h-scenes flow, and adds new poses. It isn't completely compatible with all of what's included in the repacks, and offers an installer that will completely remove any repack plugins that are incompatible and could cause problems with Kplug. It's also available as a manual install, where you'll have to go and disable/remove (as well as changing shortcuts on others) plugins that could cause issues
Thank you again I think i understand most of it now, this might come off the wrong way considering the thread is called Koikatu repack after all but in terms of adding more stuff/mods/plugins to H-scenes only would Kplug or repack be better?

JMccovery

Mar 7, 2018
Thank you again I think i understand most of it now, this might come off the wrong way considering the thread is called Koikatu repack after all but in terms of adding more stuff/mods/plugins to H-scenes only would Kplug or repack be better?
You can run both together; the easy way is by using the kPlug installer, the slightly harder way is by using the zip file, and manually disabling plugins that conflict with kPlug.

Kandala

Sep 17, 2017
You can run both together; the easy way is by using the kPlug installer, the slightly harder way is by using the zip file, and manually disabling plugins that conflict with kPlug.
Oh right i forgot about that thanks, but then if i were to use the kPlug installer to disable the plugins that conflict with kPlug, how would i go about enabling those plugins again and disabling kPlug? Would i use the installer to uninstall kPlug stuff and then use a Repack installer?

JMccovery

Mar 7, 2018
Oh right i forgot about that thanks, but then if i were to use the kPlug installer to disable the plugins that conflict with kPlug, how would i go about enabling those plugins again and disabling kPlug? Would i use the installer to uninstall kPlug stuff and then use a Repack installer?
Installing kPlug via the installer deletes plugins that might cause problems (at least last time I used it). The best bet would be to do a manual install with the zip file, and disable the plugins listed in the Compatibility Notes included.

Reactions: Kandala

Kandala

Sep 17, 2017
Installing kPlug via the installer deletes plugins that might cause problems (at least last time I used it). The best bet would be to do a manual install with the zip file, and disable the plugins listed in the Compatibility Notes included.
I see thanks, i guess i'll try get both and use the kplug installer to delete the plugins that might cause problems since i'm assuming the benefits of Kplug + repack outweighs the benefits of the plugins that get deleted, will just keep a seperate repack copy on hand just in case though. Thanks

bud46

May 21, 2020
Okay, guys, I guess I need your help...

I was stupid enough to move the game folder after having played for a while and now the updater won't start and the game is in Japanese only - choosing English in the InitSetting won't work and gives an error message...

Guess I screwed up something, any way I can fix this without downloading and unpacking it again?

Thanks so much!

JMccovery

Mar 7, 2018
Okay, guys, I guess I need your help...

I was stupid enough to move the game folder after having played for a while and now the updater won't start and the game is in Japanese only - choosing English in the InitSetting won't work and gives an error message...

Guess I screwed up something, any way I can fix this without downloading and unpacking it again?

Thanks so much!
Exactly how did you move it? I recently moved my Koikatsu installation from my main SSD to a secondary one I bought for games, and all I did was drag the folder over, then ran the registry fixer.

Reactions: orly
May 1, 2020
Ok, so I'm retarded when it comes to this repack stuff and am confused by all the mods. I'm not sure what's working and what's not when I extract it. Are all the mods that come with the download already working when I start the game or do I have to turn them on somehow? Do any of them interfere with each other?

JMccovery

Mar 7, 2018
Ok, so I'm retarded when it comes to this repack stuff and am confused by all the mods. I'm not sure what's working and what's not when I extract it. Are all the mods that come with the download already working when I start the game or do I have to turn them on somehow? Do any of them interfere with each other?
The game is pretty much ready to run once you extract it.

The mods already installed in the repack shouldn't have any compatibility issues. Only reason I put emphasis on "shouldn't", is because this is software, and weird shit happens at times.

There are optional mods in the [OPTIONAL] Mods subdirectory that shouldn't have any compatibility issues with any other mods, just follow instructions (usually included in each optional mod directory) on how to install them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are times I really love this game:
2021-04-15.png

• Haha
Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Does the latest repack include the fix for the weird telescope benis? I could swear there was one in AI Shoujo.
The telescope itself IS a fix. If it doesn't telescope, it goes right through the girl's stomach.

I don't see an option for that. Is that only available with RX9?
It's been included in the repacks since at least RX5, I think. It's possible that it may have been removed from the full RX9 download.

If you don't have an option to enable Force High Poly, open up KKManager in the [UTILITY] KKManager directory and see if it's in the list of plugins; if it is there, but disabled, enable it. If ForceHighPoly isn't listed, you can check to see if it is in the [OPTIONAL] Mods directory or download it from here .
Force High Poly is an optional mod found in the optional mods folder because of its immense performance cost to use.

The game is pretty much ready to run once you extract it.

The mods already installed in the repack shouldn't have any compatibility issues. Only reason I put emphasis on "shouldn't", is because this is software, and weird shit happens at times.

There are optional mods in the [OPTIONAL] Mods subdirectory that shouldn't have any compatibility issues with any other mods, just follow instructions (usually included in each optional mod directory) on how to install them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are times I really love this game:
View attachment 1143223
I think the game is trying to send a message here. :LOL:

4.20 star(s) 33 Votes