alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I don't really know how does Steam version works. I heard there's no story because of the school setting, but what about Afterparty? Is there dating content? If so, it's finally fully translated?
There is no DLC at all for the Steam version unless you add a modpack to it that has been discontinued by the maker for a while now. The maker of the modpack specifically suggests switching to the Japanese version repack he also made and still works on.

does kplug public version work with rtx9?
As long as you set it up correctly, yes.

Igor-Igor

Mar 15, 2018
There is no DLC at all for the Steam version unless you add a modpack to it that has been discontinued by the maker for a while now. The maker of the modpack specifically suggests switching to the Japanese version repack he also made and still works on.
But there is. It was released a few days ago.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
EDIT: I know this has been talked about A LOT because some people run into what happens if they don't stay within it and I know I've mentioned it before as being somewhere in the -100 to 100 range, but is that entire range safe in terms of body size and its ability to cause animations to bug out? I'm working on changing up the heights of characters right now because it makes no sense that my first years are all the same height AND just as tall as my third years. The probability of an entire 25-98 girl school being the exact same height is extremely low.

But there is. It was released a few days ago.
None of the DLC from the original game, which is what I was referring to. I assumed the whole 'Afterparty' and 'dating' part was referring to the After School DLC, which is only available with the Japanese version or by use of a modpack specifically designed to bring it to the Party, AKA Steam, version of the game.

Last edited:

orwfjiwjrerijer

May 18, 2021
so i got the game from opening up the torrent file and i can run it easily. I also got the other download: RX7 to RX8 (Update Only). What do I do with it?

I also downloaded a character mod from pixiv, how do i put it into the game?

Goodwytch

Jan 16, 2019
Try RX9, RX8 had a lot of issues, most stemming from the game updating to 6.0.2.
DLed and installed RX9 and I'm having the exact same problem.
Starting the game with either InitSetting or just the Koikatsu application leaves me staring at a bunch of Japanese characters.
I didn't bother trying to see if any of the other mods or features worked because it is, unfortunately, unreadable.
Like I said before, no clue why this started happening. One night I closed the game and the next day when I opened it up it just refused to see anything but a vanilla Japanese version.
At this point it's really more trouble than it's worth. Unless someone else had a similar problem and found a simple fix I think I'm going to write this game off.
Keeping in mind that I'm pretty computer illiterate so a complicated solution is probably going to go right over my head :)

I appreciate your suggestion though. Thank you for that and have a great day!

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
EDIT: Studio question, is there a way to turn off the lines that appear when using FK without turning off FK? Turning off FK also disables any posing done through it and FK tends to be needed in certain instances like when posing the hands.

Starting the game with either InitSetting or just the Koikatsu application leaves me staring at a bunch of Japanese characters.
I didn't bother trying to see if any of the other mods or features worked because it is, unfortunately, unreadable.
Like I said before, no clue why this started happening. One night I closed the game and the next day when I opened it up it just refused to see anything but a vanilla Japanese version.
At this point it's really more trouble than it's worth. Unless someone else had a similar problem and found a simple fix I think I'm going to write this game off.
Keeping in mind that I'm pretty computer illiterate so a complicated solution is probably going to go right over my head :)

I've run out of ideas, then, sorry. A game update, or complete 'reinstall' in this case, should have fixed it. :cry:

Last edited:

JMccovery

Mar 7, 2018

A suggestion I can give, is to use KKManager in the [UTILITY] KKManager subdirectory to see if XUnity Autotranslator is installed and enabled.

Normally, when installing (technically extracting) any of the repacks, everything except character dialog should be in english.

May 31, 2018
Yeah, so I can't download any characters. I'm not sure if it's missing a character folder or that it just won't work but maybe someones got a solution. Kinda drops a bump in the road for me here.
Koikatsu Party folder.PNG

kurosx

Oct 1, 2017
In the "Select Components to install" screen, check everything besides the Uncensor, that should do it.

FrackaMir

May 19, 2017
I'm using the Gameplay mod and the Kplug with all components except censor selected, what I wanna know is when setting student limit above 38, does the classroom register that or is Maximize class roster needed to put them into the slots then turn it off for them to appear without causing random gen unwanted slots for the sake of RAM use?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I've got yet another studio question. I just did my first animation, took forever to learn for me, and used the Video Export mod to export to video. Two issues came up when I did. There was no sound despite having sound in the scene, granted there were no sound options in Video Export, and the character's mouth was moving extremely fast in the rendered video like it was being fast forwarded. I might need some help on this one, I'm clearly out of my depth on this.

I need to figure out how to capture a video with sound and how to get the video to show the character's mouth moving at normal speeds.

Yeah, so I can't download any characters. I'm not sure if it's missing a character folder or that it just won't work but maybe someones got a solution. Kinda drops a bump in the road for me here.
View attachment 1201722
If you mean from in game, it's geo-blocked by Illusion.

can someone tell me how to apply kplug? im having some trouble doing so
Copy the files into the main directory with the exe. The abdata and other folders that match folders already in the game should then pop up as a prompt asking if you would like to merge them. Say yes and it will. If it still doesn't work, back up and get rid of any of the mods listed as having an actual problem in the compatibility notes.

I'm using the Gameplay mod and the Kplug with all components except censor selected, what I wanna know is when setting student limit above 38, does the classroom register that or is Maximize class roster needed to put them into the slots then turn it off for them to appear without causing random gen unwanted slots for the sake of RAM use?
If you turn it off or it is not on in the first place, the extra students will go unused if you turned it off and may even just get removed and there will only be 38 slots to assign if it was never on. The option needs to be on to maintain the class at more than 38. Whether you have Kplug or not does not matter in this case. The extra students are GOING to use more RAM, even with just the vanilla 38, that's just the way the game is programmed. The only way to save RAM is to limit the class to 38 or less. Whether the mod is on or not does not matter if there are not more than 38 students assigned.

Last edited:
Reactions: dasaniwaterbottle

nonexic719

Sep 16, 2020
I can't seem to get this to work properly under Linux (Manjaro).
The game starts fine (using the initsettings.exe), but the game is still in Japanese. From entering the editor it seems that it is still censored too, so I suspect the entirety of the mods just does not load with it?
So I found this page and it seems the game works pretty good using Linux (Manjaro) and Lutris:

I basically did the following:
- Save game in '~/.wine/drive_c/Games/Koikatsu BetterRepack RX9' (might be alright to move elsewhere if you want)
- Run 'winetricks corefonts' (I think this is the biggest issue for the translation)
- Run 'winecfg' and add application InitSettings.exe, Koikatu.exe, and CharStudio.exe when the GUI pops up
- Highlight one of the added entries and click the Libraries tab
- In the new override drop down, find winhttp and click add. you should see something like 'winhttp (native, builtin)' appear
- Click apply and do this for each application added

After that, I added a new game entry to Lutris and pointed the executable to InitSettings.exe. I didn't need to do anything else like set the working directory. Run the game, and hopefully it all works. Text should translate, and in the Settings you should see a plugins settings tab. That should let you know the mods are loading too.

Last edited:
May 31, 2018
I've got yet another studio question. I just did my first animation, took forever to learn for me, and used the Video Export mod to export to video. Two issues came up when I did. There was no sound despite having sound in the scene, granted there were no sound options in Video Export, and the character's mouth was moving extremely fast in the rendered video like it was being fast forwarded. I might need some help on this one, I'm clearly out of my depth on this.

I need to figure out how to capture a video with sound and how to get the video to show the character's mouth moving at normal speeds.

If you mean from in game, it's geo-blocked by Illusion.

Copy the files into the main directory with the exe. The abdata and other folders that match folders already in the game should then pop up as a prompt asking if you would like to merge them. Say yes and it will. If it still doesn't work, back up and get rid of any of the mods listed as having an actual problem in the compatibility notes.

If you turn it off or it is not on in the first place, the extra students will go unused if you turned it off and may even just get removed and there will only be 38 slots to assign if it was never on. The option needs to be on to maintain the class at more than 38. Whether you have Kplug or not does not matter in this case. The extra students are GOING to use more RAM, even with just the vanilla 38, that's just the way the game is programmed. The only way to save RAM is to limit the class to 38 or less. Whether the mod is on or not does not matter if there are not more than 38 students assigned.
Anyway to get past the Geo-Blocking, thank you for responding by the way very cool of you!

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Anyway to get past the Geo-Blocking, thank you for responding by the way very cool of you!
A VPN set to make you look like you're coming from Japan, but be careful, they've caught on and have blocked specific VPNs before. I don't use that function, preferring to make characters myself, download from my browser, or use the defaults instead, so I don't remember which VPNs they caught on to and blocked.

JMccovery

Mar 7, 2018
If you really want some of the character cards that were/are hosted on Illusion's servers, you could always download the files in the "Koikatsu Illusiuon Card Packs" on Better Repack's Mega.

Beware, the total download weighs in at just over 7GB with close to 30,000 cards, and may slow down loading times if you have all cards.

4.20 star(s) 33 Votes