alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
If you really want some of the character cards that were/are hosted on Illusion's servers, you could always download the files in the "Koikatsu Illusiuon Card Packs" on Better Repack's Mega.

Beware, the total download weighs in at just over 7GB with close to 30,000 cards, and may slow down loading times if you have all cards.
The first pack was around 109GB when I unpacked it, not 7GB. The pack contains cards from pretty much every game Illusion has made and there isn't really an option to only download one of the game's cards from it since it was packed into an archive file.

JMccovery

Mar 7, 2018
The first pack was around 109GB when I unpacked it, not 7GB. The pack contains cards from pretty much every game Illusion has made and there isn't really an option to only download one of the game's cards from it since it was packed into an archive file.
The 38 Koikatsu-specific EXEs are 7GB total, and extract to 31,867 files in 195 folders comprising 8.73GB. You can download individual folders and files from BR's Mega (easier if you use the MEGASync desktop client).

2021-05-20 (1).png

Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
The 38 Koikatsu-specific EXEs are 7GB total, and extract to 31,867 files in 195 folders comprising 8.73GB. You can download individual folders and files from BR's Mega (easier if you use the MEGASync desktop client).

View attachment 1204685
So he split them up on the MEGA, I see. When I downloaded, which was when it first came out, it was the whole 109GB collection or nothing.

FrackaMir

May 19, 2017
I'm aware that the standard 38 students use up considerable RAM and adding more does use up more ram as well. What I was asking is whether or not if I set the max students to like 50 or 60 or 69, then use the Maximize class roster to get the slots, will the slots unassigned remain that way or the game try to fill them up.

Also I have a decent enough system that it can handle around atleast 70 of them, not higher then that.

Lefty75uk

Jan 8, 2019
Courtesy of the Illusion staff - - Any one recognise these students. :)

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I'm aware that the standard 38 students use up considerable RAM and adding more does use up more ram as well. What I was asking is whether or not if I set the max students to like 50 or 60 or 69, then use the Maximize class roster to get the slots, will the slots unassigned remain that way or the game try to fill them up.

Also I have a decent enough system that it can handle around atleast 70 of them, not higher then that.
FrackaMir
The game only fills up empty places, if you ask it to do so:

View attachment 1205004
And, as far as I know, ONLY empty spaces, unlike the system in Artificial Academy 2, where randomizing the class when it has open slots fills the empty ones and randomizing when the class is full rerolls the randomization completely.

Courtesy of the Illusion staff - - Any one recognise these students. :)
I do, the default girls from the original Koikatsu from the base game all the way to the latest released DLC. It looks like this one is going to be SBPR in Koikatsu art style, but maybe the girls will actually be free roaming like in Koikatsu in this one instead of just standing in one spot like a teacher. It also seems to be completely related to Koikatsu as well given the title, potentially meaning more story within the tiny bit of a universe Koikatsu started, which I did not notice back when we first started talking about it.

new game let's go! hopefully they add more dark elements
I hope so, and not just a few personalities, something for every type of girl in the game this time would be great. I REALLY don't want to have to stick to a select few like I have to stick with the 6 personalities in Koikatsu. My 98 girl class is now full of repeated lines and I'm having to rely on pitch changing to fix a same voice epidemic because the Darkness DLC is so limited. That goes for ALL content, I don't want to have to deal with content only some girls can access and most can't.

Sylwio122

Sep 8, 2019
If anyone has a large (2GB+) private segregated collection anime characters and others like lol / automata etc. then dm me for exchange

May 22, 2018
I have a-lot of anime character card about 34.1GB but i don't want to sharing it because some of user doesn't want they character card to distributed on other site.

Last edited:

Sylwio122

Sep 8, 2019
I have a-lot of anime character card about 34.1GB but i don't want to sharing it because some of user doesn't want they character card to distributed on other site.
I currently have 3.8GB only but these are cards for the most popular anime and they are selected to match the appearance of anime characters as much as possible.

nukexdevil

Aug 13, 2019
The new game is "Koikatsu Sunshine", so, we get a "Koikatsu 2".

Looks to me (from the trailer) like a mix of Sexy Beach, Koikatsu and Ai Girl - since the trailer contains gameplay elements of all 3 games.

This could become really interesting if the stuff we have for KK are easy to import into KKS, given the amount of mods/clothes out there for KK.

Last edited:
Reactions: ElfDrow

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
hello, is there a way to make a custom dialogues for one character or edit the old ones please?
Not without modding, but you can change how the translation reads in the parts of the game that didn't get an official translation because those are handled by a plugin that translates in real time and is supposed to save to a text file when it does.

The new game is "Koikatsu Sunshine", so, we get a "Koikatsu 2".

Looks to me (from the trailer) like a mix of Sexy Beach, Koikatsu and Ai Girl - since the trailer contains gameplay elements of all 3 games.

This could become really interesting if the stuff we have for KK are easy to import into KKS, given the amount of mods/clothes out there for KK.
Based on their use of the same art style, I think they're going for the same deal as with AI Shoujo and Honey Select 2, making the cards compatible in both games. That said, when they did it with HS2, they also wrote completely different personalities that didn't match up with the ones the cards were equipped with in AI Shoujo. Also, if they include darker elements, we have to be careful because they could very easily pull the same limitations on Koikatsu Sunshine as they did in Koikatsu, where only 6 personalities were able to be used in darker content.

If they hadn't used the same art style, I would have been more inclined to believe it was going to be completely unrelated as normal, but that art style tipped me off to the possibility of card compatibility between the new game and its predecessor in that art style.

How do I install kplug? I'm using the RX9 pack btw
The same way you do any other mod, copy the folders in the Kplug files that match folders in the game files to where the matching folders in the game files are. Also copy the Plugins folder to that location. It should ask about merging folders, say yes. You should be done at that point. If it doesn't work, look at the compatibility notes and start removing listed mods one by one until it does. You don't want to remove a mod unless it actually causes a problem in your case, so don't just remove them all in one go.

Has someone ripped the After School DLC translation yet?
Do you mean the new After party DLC for Koikatsu Party? There is no other translation. I'm actually really surprised they did that at this point given it is now an old project for them and they have a new one to work on that they also just announced around the same time. No, nobody has ripped it yet and we don't even know if it's possible, I mean Illusion knows there are people in the west translating their games, so they could have taken measures against ripping it this time. IF it is able to be ripped, STN is probably working on it, but he does have to adapt it to Better Repack since Better Repack uses the Japanese version of the game that already has the affected DLCs. That can take time, so it may be an update or two before we see it or it may be in RX10, or whatever he calls it since new stuff is being added.

Oct 24, 2019
Yeah, I meant for the translation for KK Party. I remember some people were able to rip the translation of the base game from KK Party and insert it into the JP Version. Thx for the quick answer, guess we have to wait and see

Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Yeah, I meant for the translation for KK Party. I remember some people were able to rip the translation of the base game from KK Party and insert it into the JP Version. Thx for the quick answer, guess we have to wait and see
That was STN and ManlyMarco for their projects, Better Repack and the HF patch respectively. That was also at a point where it presumably wasn't known to Illusion that it even could be ripped. They may be more prepared this time. It's one thing for people to make games off their software, which they typically take a do nothing stance on, but another entirely when people start stomping all over their effort to get a foothold in the west through Steam, which is exactly what doing these translation rips does. They may not like that and may have taken steps against it, so we'll see in the next release. STN will likely at least be able to tell us if it is doable at all by next release.

4.20 star(s) 33 Votes