UsagiSabita

Aug 10, 2017
So I found this page and it seems the game works pretty good using Linux (Manjaro) and Lutris:

I basically did the following:
- Save game in '~/.wine/drive_c/Games/Koikatsu BetterRepack RX9' (might be alright to move elsewhere if you want)
- Run 'winetricks corefonts' (I think this is the biggest issue for the translation)
- Run 'winecfg' and add application InitSettings.exe, Koikatu.exe, and CharStudio.exe when the GUI pops up
- Highlight one of the added entries and click the Libraries tab
- In the new override drop down, find winhttp and click add. you should see something like 'winhttp (native, builtin)' appear
- Click apply and do this for each application added

After that, I added a new game entry to Lutris and pointed the executable to InitSettings.exe. I didn't need to do anything else like set the working directory. Run the game, and hopefully it all works. Text should translate, and in the Settings you should see a plugins settings tab. That should let you know the mods are loading too.
Which version of wine did you use? I run on a mac and have HS working through wine (the fakku ver), but i can't seem to get this to work.
Not sure if this solution would also work for OSX, but i'm tempted to try.

nonexic719

Sep 16, 2020
I'm running under the arch distro derivative Manjaro, and it looks like I have wine 6.8 installed on the system. However, looking at the lutris configuration, the wine "runner" is this 'lutris-6.4'. This is probably just wine 6.4 with some modifications lutris adds.

Sadly, I don't think on OSX you can install the lutris launcher. If wine is available on OSX, you might actually be able to do the steps mentioned in that previous post to get the BetterRepack working for you. Then just run the game like you normally would through wine, and cross your fingers it works.

Another option, if OSX can support it, is to install the tarball of lutris. You can get that here near the bottom of the page:

Another note to add, it looks like these configurations also carry over when updating to a newer version of the BetterRepack, which is nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: UsagiSabita

Ambulant

Apr 6, 2020
Went and tried the All-In-One option, but it seems some model parts are missing.
Missing hair textures means some characters have a hole in the back of their head, and all male characters had their dicks ripped off, like a Stretch-Armstrong texture just floating off of their crotch.

Minor detail in that the Depth of Field option just blurs everything, regardless of distance, when trying to talk to anyone.

pewpewsmurf

May 9, 2018
Man I hope KK2 actually has a bigger and interactive map. KK1's school is so dull, most of the interactable points are useless, stats points are basically useless, only thing was lewd points being able to unlock more positions. They should really just take more inspiration from their older AG/AA games.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Went and tried the All-In-One option, but it seems some model parts are missing.
Missing hair textures means some characters have a hole in the back of their head, and all male characters had their dicks ripped off, like a Stretch-Armstrong texture just floating off of their crotch.

Minor detail in that the Depth of Field option just blurs everything, regardless of distance, when trying to talk to anyone.
Keep in mind that, if you are referring to hairs missing while walking, accessories are not shown outside the high poly environment. The high poly environment is ONLY while talking or in an H scene. The only way to fix it is a mod with a very high performance cost, Force High Poly in the optional mods folder.

If the hole is there while talking, the hair part is either bugged or is not included in the base game download, but is instead part of the very little portion of the Sideloader Modpack that deals with the game.

Okay, now I'm definitely worried it will be a repeat of SBPR.

Syq

Mar 11, 2018
Keep in mind that, if you are referring to hairs missing while walking, accessories are not shown outside the high poly environment. The high poly environment is ONLY while talking or in an H scene. The only way to fix it is a mod with a very high performance cost, Force High Poly in the optional mods folder.

If the hole is there while talking, the hair part is either bugged or is not included in the base game download, but is instead part of the very little portion of the Sideloader Modpack that deals with the game.

Okay, now I'm definitely worried it will be a repeat of SBPR.
U mean that optimization will suck ass hard,and game will be beyond repair??

Brucewills

Jan 12, 2017
Honestly, the only place I know that actively try to discourage people from using Kplug is that one Koikatsu Discord server, in which they auto-ban anyone who mentions using it because they feel threatened by it or something; and yes, they will say that you threatened an admin if you disagree with their opinions regarding Kplug, but that beside the point of the discussion -- as the majority of the people from F95, Reddit, Steam, Illusion Soft, 4Chan, and other private Discord servers seem to weigh positively in favor of using it.

And while I'm certainly well aware that Kplug can lead to incompatibility with the rest of the mods and ruins the gameplay experience if it wasn't installed correctly, if it reaches the point where you have people willingly uninstall incompatible mods just so they could get Kplug working, that kind spell that those other mods just aren't as important as having Kplug running in the game; and that ultimately should be general consensus. But alas here lies the problem:

1. The people who produce these mods do not play the main game. (Yes language update is good, but they're texts not features)
2. The most vocal minorities are the one who play Character Studio and not the main game / H-gameplay.

The second point being the most obvious as if you were to ask anyone who play Character Studio how to properly install Kplug, they'll just tell you to avoid using it, but really offer no alternative solution in place; which is really a dumb logic to be honest, "Don't use X because it's bad, but X is the only way to get it." or "Kplug is bad, but that's the only way you can invite multiple characters", or recently, "Kplug is bad, but we use their animations for our Animation Loader."

In whatever case, Kplug does stand as a worthy plugin in its own right, and if you're the kind of person that get off on the main game and H-gameplay I would strongly recommend giving it a try because it does improve the gameplay significantly with a lot of features added; and yes there is a public-released version that you can download for free.
Hey I am kinda new to this and from what I read so far that Kplug offers quite a lot of Gameplay mechanics so I am really interested in on trying it! should I download the latest rx10 or is that one not compatible with KPlug?

Ambulant

Apr 6, 2020

Shouldn't be anything that crazy, it's just weird playing a character, walking around the school with a cave-in for the back of his head.
It's only replicated in one of the girl NPC's, so I'm guessing it's just a few missing hair models.
Talking and H-Scene doesn't have missing hair.

I'm still disturbed by the stretchy dick though. I've never seen that on a clean install, and I might just redo the installion to see if that fixes it.
But I don't know where it came from to begin with.

4.20 star(s) 33 Votes