alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Is the character studio capable of creating separate scenes for videos? I don't seem to see any kind of timeline toolbar which could be use to adjust selected animations or locations.

I've seen some really good videos being created, and it seems like there should be some sort of workflow to create these which doesn't appear to be the base game.
It can, that and still images are what it was made to do, though you will need a mod or screen capture software to export as a video. Mods for that are already in Better Repack. I personally couldn't get mods to cooperate on exporting it, so I use my copy of Bandicam to record the game window. The only issue is that it does not record sound unless the recorded program window, the studio in this case, is on top as the active window, where you can hear any sounds you have going in your scene. I had to edit out the first second of the videos I've done to get rid of any silent parts.

Ohh I was okay with removing the other mods because I wanted to focus on the Kplug, So i dont mind Kplug removing the unecessary. Do you remember what was the mod that was removed from better repack that cause that problem?
JannieReplacer, but it is long gone, it hasn't been in Better Repack for a long time.

emuzumu

Sep 27, 2018
Can someone help?
Recently when ever I use free h the game just crashed, but everything else is fine.
Is it because my computer can't handle it?

Ambulant

Apr 6, 2020
The server is geo blocked for anyone outside Japan, so a VPN that makes you look like you are a user from Japan is necessary. No emulation of locale is necessary on this game and that would not affect your update speed.
That has to be new.
I used to be able to download models through it just fine without a VPN.

EDIT: I just read the wiki, was that mirror server for models normally accessed through the game?
Depending on when it shut down, I might be worrying about nothing.

Last edited:

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Ok, so... since it's unclear, help me understand.

Does the RX8/9/10 version of the game contain all of the dlc or not?

On the Better Repack site it doesn't seem to say. The Skul&bones patch notes that it does contain all DLC, but that's only for the steam version that had most of the game's content hacked out anyway.

The Koikatu Release 10 (which I assume is the default) has an image up saying "Koikatu: After school"
Does that mean that it only contains DLC's 1&2 but not darkness?

For that matter, what did each DLC actually add to the game? Summer DLC (??? Costumes, maybe?) After School added dates on sundays, right? Or did it just expand on them? Were they in the base game at all?

Darkness added something with the janitor, but i've seen people mentioning 'darkness mode' too, so did it add a new game-mode or what?

And Koikatu : Summer is an actual sequel, yes?

Edit: So I updated to the latest version of RX and that very clearly installed Darkness, since it changed the home-screen.
I also let it install the darkness theme

The thing that changed the whole h-scene UI into black and white.
Is there an easy way to undo this? Because tbh it looks like shite.

Edit2: Reran the RX10 update and pressed no this time and it looked like that worked (and I hope it didn't break anything) but it looks like the new home-screen was linked to the theme?
That's so weird.
The home-screen should update with every DLC so you know which version you're on, but it shouldn't ruin the ingame UI at the same time.

Last edited:

ElfDrow

Jan 19, 2018
For that matter, what did each DLC actually add to the game? Summer DLC (??? Costumes, maybe?) After School added dates on sundays, right? Or did it just expand on them? Were they in the base game at all?

Darkness added something with the janitor, but i've seen people mentioning 'darkness mode' too, so did it add a new game-mode or what?

not sure what they call Summer dlc. so I assume is the swimsuit pack and some floaters.

but the main DLC for the game were the
"personality add-on pack" that combined with a free patch added new positions, clothes and 4 new personalities.
"after school" which added threesomes, out of campus dating spots, more clothes and items, and 4 more personalities.

darkness... well there is that one too. only 1 new scene in a "secret room" only for 6 personalities that were picked by a poll. (there was a door on on one of the upper floors, only active if you a heroine of those 6 personalities were following you)
basically you forced yourself into the girl with the help of a janitor. but in the end you and the girl forget that happens (dream, delirium or something else) and didn't have consequences, since no one remembers a thing after it happens. but that's it.

And "koikatsu Sunshine" is going to be a standalone sequel. the base game is not required according to the home page.

nonexic719

Sep 16, 2020
It can, that and still images are what it was made to do, though you will need a mod or screen capture software to export as a video. Mods for that are already in Better Repack. I personally couldn't get mods to cooperate on exporting it, so I use my copy of Bandicam to record the game window. The only issue is that it does not record sound unless the recorded program window, the studio in this case, is on top as the active window, where you can hear any sounds you have going in your scene. I had to edit out the first second of the videos I've done to get rid of any silent parts.
I've used OSM in the past to capture video, but the quality begins to hinder when stitching things together. I figured the studio would be a great way to line up scenes and just press "play/record". Any idea of a good guide to how the studio works?

The Koikatu Release 10 (which I assume is the default) has an image up saying "Koikatu: After school"
The BetterRepack RX10 should have all the DLCs included. I've read there was a new one released recently called 'After Party', and if that is true, the repack doesn't have it as of yet.

Reactions: alex2011

Jul 27, 2020
I've used OSM in the past to capture video, but the quality begins to hinder when stitching things together. I figured the studio would be a great way to line up scenes and just press "play/record". Any idea of a good guide to how the studio works?

The BetterRepack RX10 should have all the DLCs included. I've read there was a new one released recently called 'After Party', and if that is true, the repack doesn't have it as of yet.
Do you know if the RX10 has any dlc that RX9 did not have? I am thinking of upgrading to RX10 but only if there are more clothing options, I am currently running RX9 with hfpatch and kplug

Ambulant

Apr 6, 2020
Well, I found out that it wasn't the game downloads that were messing with model files.

A modpack called "Uncensors for KK_UncensorSelector" just breaks the penis model, for some reason.
Character creation, as well as H-Scenes, are just a seance of pain after that one.

nonexic719

Sep 16, 2020
Do you know if the RX10 has any dlc that RX9 did not have?
I believe since RX7 or RX8, there hasn't been any improvements/new official dlc. Maybe even further back too, so you should be good to update. I've always updated just to update, and put my trust in ScrewThisNoise in knowing what should be included or not.

Reactions: 21423007

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Can someone help?
Recently when ever I use free h the game just crashed, but everything else is fine.
Is it because my computer can't handle it?
No, if it can't handle Free H, it should be crashing in story as well whenever you start H scenes there. It sounds like there's a bug in one of the mods or a severe conflict, but I couldn't identify it without pulling every mod individually until it stops crashing.

That has to be new.
I used to be able to download models through it just fine without a VPN.

EDIT: I just read the wiki, was that mirror server for models normally accessed through the game?
Depending on when it shut down, I might be worrying about nothing.
It isn't new, it has been around a long time, but there was indeed a point when there was no geo block involved. I think Illusion caught on to the modding community's effort to allow access and that's when they geo blocked it. That server is only supposed to be accessible in Japan, unlike the game itself.

There is a rip available on STN's usual torrent site for uploading Better Repack and I think a MEGA as well.

Ok, so... since it's unclear, help me understand.

Does the RX8/9/10 version of the game contain all of the dlc or not?

On the Better Repack site it doesn't seem to say. The Skul&bones patch notes that it does contain all DLC, but that's only for the steam version that had most of the game's content hacked out anyway.

Edit: So I updated to the latest version of RX and that very clearly installed Darkness, since it changed the home-screen.
I also let it install the darkness theme

The thing that changed the whole h-scene UI into black and white.
Is there an easy way to undo this? Because tbh it looks like shite.

Edit2: Reran the RX10 update and pressed no this time and it looked like that worked (and I hope it didn't break anything) but it looks like the new home-screen was linked to the theme?
That's so weird.
The home-screen should update with every DLC so you know which version you're on, but it shouldn't ruin the ingame UI at the same time.
All DLC are in the game. RX10 is the first version to contain the new After Party release, which was taken from the Party version of the game.

Darkness added the ability to take a girl with one of 6 personalities up to the third floor to be raped by the janitor with you as a second guy, or maybe it is you as the primary guy and the janitor is the secondary, still not sure of the context there because it is machine translated up to RX10. That IS Darkness Mode.

After School adds an expansion to the dating function, the first date being the only one that is part of the base game as you will be able to tell by an actual human translation, a new intimacy stat that unlocks new date locations for the date expansion, you can find this on the F4 menu as the heart gauge, the ability to find girls in lesbian H or for girls to spy on your H, and the ability to interrupt any girl who is peeping on you or who you are peeping on during masturbation or lesbian H to join them. I think one or more personalities came with this as well.

The rest is basically more clothes and personalities. There are 8 personalities in the DLC for the JP version of the game, but I forget which ones are which aside from a couple like returnee.

There is no Koikatsu Summer, but if you meant Sunshine, then yes, that is an entirely different game based around the Koikatsu system.

There is no change to the main menu through the Darkness DLC, that is a mod, same for a black and white UI. To undo it, just find and remove the DLL file for it, should be somewhere in the BepInEx folder.

The ONLY change the DLC made to the main menu or any UI was to add indicators and buttons for when a girl was peeping on your H scenes, when you were peeping, and the version number for the game on the main menu.

not sure what they call Summer dlc. so I assume is the swimsuit pack and some floaters.

but the main DLC for the game were the
"personality add-on pack" that combined with a free patch added new positions, clothes and 4 new personalities.
"after school" which added threesomes, out of campus dating spots, more clothes and items, and 4 more personalities.

darkness... well there is that one too. only 1 new scene in a "secret room" only for 6 personalities that were picked by a poll. (there was a door on on one of the upper floors, only active if you a heroine of those 6 personalities were following you)
basically you forced yourself into the girl with the help of a janitor. but in the end you and the girl forget that happens (dream, delirium or something else) and didn't have consequences, since no one remembers a thing after it happens. but that's it.

And "koikatsu Sunshine" is going to be a standalone sequel. the base game is not required according to the home page.
I THINK the context of Darkness was that you were taking her to a more private place fully intending for sex to happen on both sides of the relationship, but it was a trick to bring her to the janitor, and I think she got drugged off screen or something to make her forget or think it wasn't real. I just get that feeling, but I can't tell since it was machine translated the last time I used it.

Unfortunately not, I've only figured things out by trial and error so far. RX10 has been said to have After Party, by the way, and it is a DLC for the Stem version that brings a, potentially limited, version of the JP DLCs to Party, but also a translation for the included parts. That's what I have come to understand by its Steam page, anyway.

Do you know if the RX10 has any dlc that RX9 did not have? I am thinking of upgrading to RX10 but only if there are more clothing options, I am currently running RX9 with hfpatch and kplug
Technically both yes and no, yes it does include After Party, which was released after RX9, but After Party seems to be a translated version of the original DLCs if I read the Steam page crrectly, it probably also has some things stripped from it that needs yet another patch off of Steam because school settings in adult games are a no fly zone with Steam apparently. I could be wrong on the patch, I've only ever played a machine translated version of the JP DLCs.

I believe since RX7 or RX8, there hasn't been any improvements/new official dlc. Maybe even further back too, so you should be good to update. I've always updated just to update, and put my trust in ScrewThisNoise in knowing what should be included or not.
I wouldn't say I put my trust in STN after the whole Kplug debacle, but I do update the repack as well just for the sake of having it up to date. I keep two copies now, one with Kplug and one with LewdCrestX, which because of LewdCrestX being a successor to the original LewdCrest mod, I don't trust it to work with Kplug.

You are correct in that nothing new has been released on the JP version, the After Party DLC is for Party, the Steam version, and it seems to be the original JP DLCs with a translation, but I could be wrong. The Steam page can be confusing sometimes. Whoever they have working on that isn't nearly as good at English as the ones doing the official translation in game, no offense to Illusion staff, of course, I mean no disrespect and actually have a level of respect for what they do second only to that I hold for the military, medical personnel, and first responders.

Jul 27, 2020
No, if it can't handle Free H, it should be crashing in story as well whenever you start H scenes there. It sounds like there's a bug in one of the mods or a severe conflict, but I couldn't identify it without pulling every mod individually until it stops crashing.

It isn't new, it has been around a long time, but there was indeed a point when there was no geo block involved. I think Illusion caught on to the modding community's effort to allow access and that's when they geo blocked it. That server is only supposed to be accessible in Japan, unlike the game itself.

There is a rip available on STN's usual torrent site for uploading Better Repack and I think a MEGA as well.

All DLC are in the game. RX10 is the first version to contain the new After Party release, which was taken from the Party version of the game.

Darkness added the ability to take a girl with one of 6 personalities up to the third floor to be raped by the janitor with you as a second guy, or maybe it is you as the primary guy and the janitor is the secondary, still not sure of the context there because it is machine translated up to RX10. That IS Darkness Mode.

After School adds an expansion to the dating function, the first date being the only one that is part of the base game as you will be able to tell by an actual human translation, a new intimacy stat that unlocks new date locations for the date expansion, you can find this on the F4 menu as the heart gauge, the ability to find girls in lesbian H or for girls to spy on your H, and the ability to interrupt any girl who is peeping on you or who you are peeping on during masturbation or lesbian H to join them. I think one or more personalities came with this as well.

The rest is basically more clothes and personalities. There are 8 personalities in the DLC for the JP version of the game, but I forget which ones are which aside from a couple like returnee.

There is no Koikatsu Summer, but if you meant Sunshine, then yes, that is an entirely different game based around the Koikatsu system.

There is no change to the main menu through the Darkness DLC, that is a mod, same for a black and white UI. To undo it, just find and remove the DLL file for it, should be somewhere in the BepInEx folder.

The ONLY change the DLC made to the main menu or any UI was to add indicators and buttons for when a girl was peeping on your H scenes, when you were peeping, and the version number for the game on the main menu.

I THINK the context of Darkness was that you were taking her to a more private place fully intending for sex to happen on both sides of the relationship, but it was a trick to bring her to the janitor, and I think she got drugged off screen or something to make her forget or think it wasn't real. I just get that feeling, but I can't tell since it was machine translated the last time I used it.

Unfortunately not, I've only figured things out by trial and error so far. RX10 has been said to have After Party, by the way, and it is a DLC for the Stem version that brings a, potentially limited, version of the JP DLCs to Party, but also a translation for the included parts. That's what I have come to understand by its Steam page, anyway.

Technically both yes and no, yes it does include After Party, which was released after RX9, but After Party seems to be a translated version of the original DLCs if I read the Steam page crrectly, it probably also has some things stripped from it that needs yet another patch off of Steam because school settings in adult games are a no fly zone with Steam apparently. I could be wrong on the patch, I've only ever played a machine translated version of the JP DLCs.

I wouldn't say I put my trust in STN after the whole Kplug debacle, but I do update the repack as well just for the sake of having it up to date. I keep two copies now, one with Kplug and one with LewdCrestX, which because of LewdCrestX being a successor to the original LewdCrest mod, I don't trust it to work with Kplug.

You are correct in that nothing new has been released on the JP version, the After Party DLC is for Party, the Steam version, and it seems to be the original JP DLCs with a translation, but I could be wrong. The Steam page can be confusing sometimes. Whoever they have working on that isn't nearly as good at English as the ones doing the official translation in game, no offense to Illusion staff, of course, I mean no disrespect and actually have a level of respect for what they do second only to that I hold for the military, medical personnel, and first responders.
Oh I am a bit confused now haha. Since After Party included new clothing, it would be safe to assume that RX10 would have that right? (Clothing that is not in the RX9). However, if I understood correctly what you said, AfterParty is just a translated version of previous DLCs that we already had in RX9? It would still have new clothing I presume? Sorry for mixing things up in case I am doing that and also thanks for the answer as always.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Oh I am a bit confused now haha. Since After Party included new clothing, it would be safe to assume that RX10 would have that right? (Clothing that is not in the RX9). However, if I understood correctly what you said, AfterParty is just a translated version of previous DLCs that we already had in RX9? It would still have new clothing I presume? Sorry for mixing things up in case I am doing that and also thanks for the answer as always.
RX10 does have After Party, confirmed, as it was a translation for the original DLC for the Party version of the game. I'm not entirely sure what all After Party has, the only thing I've been able understand from the After Party Steam page is that it gives Party the After School DLC at least, it MIGHT have clothing or personalities included, but so did the original After School DLC, which might be what the clothing or personalities are in After Party. After Party's Steam page is a bit of a mess with grammar, so it does have bits that are harder to understand.

Reactions: 21423007

PuToUtO

Sep 11, 2019
Ryza's chara card is a bit weird.

Path:
[ScrewThisNoise] Koikatsu BetterRepack RX8\UserData\chara\female\[Community] DarkRadianceKoikatu_F_20191128043801480_Stout Reisalin_DarkRadiance.png

It seems her hair is belong to decorations and her suit can not appear correct.

Ever time I see her she is nude and the only thing upon her neck is her face.

Any solution?

Apr 3, 2019
Hello! I hope I can ask for some help regarding kplug. When I swap characters, it either does not load the face entirely (and has a black texture) or fails to load parts of the face like irises, eyebrows, and eyelashes. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks! :)

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Ryza's chara card is a bit weird.

Path:
[ScrewThisNoise] Koikatsu BetterRepack RX8\UserData\chara\female\[Community] DarkRadianceKoikatu_F_20191128043801480_Stout Reisalin_DarkRadiance.png

It seems her hair is belong to decorations and her suit can not appear correct.

Ever time I see her she is nude and the only thing upon her neck is her face.

Any solution?
Her suit is modded and does not have a low poly model, the only solution is the Force High Poly mod located in the optional mods folder in Better Repack.

PuToUtO

Sep 11, 2019
Her suit is modded and does not have a low poly model, the only solution is the Force High Poly mod located in the optional mods folder in Better Repack.
yes I just found out it.

Install Force High Poly made her clothes appear and switch decorations option (F1) to make her hair appear.

But

[ScrewThisNoise] Koikatsu BetterRepack RX8\UserData\chara\female\[Community] Kitbasher\Koikatu_F_20200531041227240_Harvey Claire_Kitbasher.png

This card , her golden drills , I mean her hair still missing .

Any solution?

PuToUtO

Sep 11, 2019
I dont know mods very well ,but I think Force High Poly is important one.

Is there any other mods important as it?

Or where can I learn the inform about mods?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
yes I just found out it.

Install Force High Poly made her clothes appear and switch decorations option (F1) to make her hair appear.

But

[ScrewThisNoise] Koikatsu BetterRepack RX8\UserData\chara\female\[Community] Kitbasher\Koikatu_F_20200531041227240_Harvey Claire_Kitbasher.png

This card , her golden drills , I mean her hair still missing .

Any solution?
That could be something that was separated into the Sideloader Modpack. While the Sideloader Modpack is mostly just for the studio, it has a very select few things that go with the main game as well, hairs and accessories specifically.

I dont know mods very well ,but I think Force High Poly is important one.

Is there any other mods important as it?

Or where can I learn the inform about mods?
That is the only mod that would fix issues like missing clothes or accessories, so in that sense, it is the only important mod. The Discord is probably the best place to ask about what mods are important. Force High Poly is important in your case because your character uses mod hairs that can't be used without modding and won't show without Force High Poly, but it does come at a heavy performance cost and is really considered a last resort option, something you would only use with no other choice, because of that cost.

4.20 star(s) 33 Votes