alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Anyone else ever suddenly lose sound specifically in the game? I just had it cut out while I was doing something in the character maker that didn't need it, specifically messing with the body settings, so I was unaware until I went back to doing something that did need it, messing with the personality setting. When I went to select one, the dialgoue came up in the subtitles, but no sound, that's how I even guessed it was a game issue. Using my trusty old RX7 copy at the time, but it might still be an issue in later builds.

Nyxie

Apr 27, 2020
Thank you so much for this! I downloaded RX8 from here and used the updater to update it to RX10. ^^

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Thank you so much for this! I downloaded RX8 from here and used the updater to update it to RX10. ^^
Fair warning, the updater is typically only meant to go from one version back from the current latest, so keep an eye out for problems.

kukudash

Jan 1, 2019
Hello,

I am new to this... I just downloaded rx10... I do not use the character studio... Now i want to try kplug. How do I install it without breaking or causing compatibility errors?

Do I need to install the vinilla game version add hf patch and then install kplug?

Or can I modify the rx10 to play kplug? If so how do i do that?

IceSodaFreak

May 31, 2018
Hello,

I am new to this... I just downloaded rx10... I do not use the character studio... Now i want to try kplug. How do I install it without breaking or causing compatibility errors?

Do I need to install the vinilla game version add hf patch and then install kplug?

You can modify rx10 to play kplug by reading the installing instruction that it comes with, as well as the compatibly notes. You can either manually install (which I recommend) or the use the installer, which gets rid of everything that it does and may have an issue with.

kukudash

Jan 1, 2019
You can modify rx10 to play kplug by reading the installing instruction that it comes with, as well as the compatibly notes. You can either manually install (which I recommend) or the use the installer, which gets rid of everything that it does and may have an issue with.
I have the public version of the kplug. How do I do manual install? To get mix of both?

LewdPie

Jul 22, 2018
Hi, so few months back I found a link to a folder where there were around 3000 koikatsu scenes in it, it was on this forum now I can't find it. If anyone knows about this koikatsu scene folder please let give me a link to the post or folder.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Hello,

Move all the folders that match existing game folders (ex: abdata) to be with the exe along with the included Plugins folder, then test the game. If a function does not work, start taking mods out of BepInEx that are listed in the compatibility notes that came with the files.

I have the public version of the kplug. How do I do manual install? To get mix of both?
There should be a couple links, one for the installer, one for manual install, which downloads a file that you extract like you did the game.

I found the manual notes... I have one question there is no mention of hf patch in the notes... Do i install hf patch on rx10 and then do the manual install?
IceSodaFreak
The HF does have some of the mods listed in the compatibility notes, but the HF does not have compatibility issues itself. Couple that with the fact that every mod in the HF is available without the HF and you have the reason Katarsys listed the mods separately without mentioning the HF. I would NOT recommend installing the HF over ANY Better Repack version bcause the HF tends to be at least a week behind normally and you would be downgrading mods, potentially to a buggy version you would not have without the HF.

Last edited:

kukudash

Jan 1, 2019
Move all the folders that match existing game folders (ex: abdata) to be with the exe along with the included Plugins folder, then test the game. If a function does not work, start taking mods out of BepInEx that are listed in the compatibility notes that came with the files.

There should be a couple links, one for the installer, one for manual install, which downloads a file that you extract like you did the game.

The HF does have some of the mods listed in the compatibility notes, but the HF does not have compatibility issues itself. Couple that with the fact that every mod in the HF is available without the HF and you have the reason Katarsys listed the mods separately without mentioning the HF. I would NOT recommend installing the HF over ANY Better Repack version bcause the HF tends to be at least a week behind normally and you would be downgrading mods, potentially to a buggy version you would not have without the HF.
Thank you

Reactions: alex2011

kratoscar2008

Sep 28, 2018
Does this repack have that cuck mod that adds some Janitor?
Do note that I dont care thats its optional, I dont want it as an option at all so if I only care that its there.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Does this repack have that cuck mod that adds some Janitor?
Do note that I dont care thats its optional, I dont want it as an option at all so if I only care that its there.
That's not a mod, that's a full blown DLC made by the developer of the game itself. Yes, it is in the repack.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I'm beginning to wonder something. I know that the number of cards in the main male and female folders does affect the load times in the maker as the male maker opens A LOT faster than the female maker on my copy and I have A LOT more female cards, but do the community cards count as well even though they are in a non-vanilla game folder?

aoi shian

Jan 14, 2021
do i need to download RX7 to RX8 (Update Only) file cuz i am experience a fps drop. in the start of the game fps actually doesn't drop until school start that when fps drop from time to time until it leads to crashing or until i get a white screen p.s i really like to play the game so if anyone can help me i am forever grateful:)

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
do i need to download RX7 to RX8 (Update Only) file cuz i am experience a fps drop. in the start of the game fps actually doesn't drop until school start that when fps drop from time to time until it leads to crashing or until i get a white screen p.s i really like to play the game so if anyone can help me i am forever grateful:)
Take some girls out, it sounds like you have too many. More girls mean more RAM needed and that will eventually cause this, how soon depending on how much total RAM you have.

Anyone else ever suddenly lose sound specifically in the game? I just had it cut out while I was doing something in the character maker that didn't need it, specifically messing with the body settings, so I was unaware until I went back to doing something that did need it, messing with the personality setting. When I went to select one, the dialgoue came up in the subtitles, but no sound, that's how I even guessed it was a game issue. Using my trusty old RX7 copy at the time, but it might still be an issue in later builds.
I figured this out, it's the "mute in background" option in the plugin of the same name doing this. Sounds like it needs a bit of tweaking to fix that. It just doesn't bring back the sound from an Alt+Tab on occasion once you bring the game back to active window status by Alt+Tabbing back. Also, no pun intended.

Last edited:
Reactions: aoi shian

sagesilli

Apr 24, 2018
So I found this page and it seems the game works pretty good using Linux (Manjaro) and Lutris:

I basically did the following:
- Save game in '~/.wine/drive_c/Games/Koikatsu BetterRepack RX9' (might be alright to move elsewhere if you want)
- Run 'winetricks corefonts' (I think this is the biggest issue for the translation)
- Run 'winecfg' and add application InitSettings.exe, Koikatu.exe, and CharStudio.exe when the GUI pops up
- Highlight one of the added entries and click the Libraries tab
- In the new override drop down, find winhttp and click add. you should see something like 'winhttp (native, builtin)' appear
- Click apply and do this for each application added

After that, I added a new game entry to Lutris and pointed the executable to InitSettings.exe. I didn't need to do anything else like set the working directory. Run the game, and hopefully it all works. Text should translate, and in the Settings you should see a plugins settings tab. That should let you know the mods are loading too.
Really wish this was linked to the first page post. It would be so much easier to find from 500+ pages of posts.

4.20 star(s) 33 Votes