Franky2Fats

Nov 20, 2018
I am unable to get to the main game menu (presumably), the one from the first screen. when i open the koikatu file or launcher and choose start game it takes me to the character editor. How do i get to the whole school thing?

zerojack123

Sep 6, 2018
Hey guys and girls, I need your help.

I tried to add the character that I created and saved from Koikatsu in CharaStudio

Here's the thing...

I saved a generic character in Koikatsu Char Maker

View attachment 1280472

and then I go to CharaStudio to put the character that I saved but there's a problem:

View attachment 1280475

If you see the red square in the Guys List, all the characters are not included in the list I mean the character cards (especially the character that I saved). I already downloaded and installed + the updates twice but in CharaStudio is the problem.

Can someone please comment to resolve this problem (if I made wrong ex.: I extracted the file in the wrong place, I installed the updates instead the original, etc), and of course including a link or video about the tutorial to put the character in CharaStudio it would be helpful.
I can only think you need to restart the program again. Try launching it from the launcher. Start up the InitSetting and launch CharaStudio from there. If anything go too the Koikatsu Discord someone will help

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I meant a pre-installed version made by STN so I dont need to remove mods and disable conflicting options every time myself.
There is no preinstall, STN removed it intentionally because of all the things that can go wrong between it and some of the other mods. As I said, that Patreon link is all we have left.

What's the best way to download this without all the mods? Just the translation + DLC.
You would have to find another source unless you know how to modify a .bat file to make it do that specifically. There is a .bat in the files that can vanillafy the game, but I don't remember a 'just translation and DLC' option in it, so you would have to add one to it.

Is it possible to have something with the teacher?
They are limited, but they can have sex with you. Their mechanic is entirely chance based. You'll notice, if you look at them on the F4 menu, that they have a percentage under H level. This is how likely they are to trigger the dialogue that leads to their one and only sex scene. It's only one, but it is repeatable even if it does reset their H level to 0% when triggered.

Anczej

Nov 4, 2020
Excuse me, I've just started playing and I'm a bit overwhelmed. Can I ask a couple of questions?

Okay, sorry, after playing a bit and editing this message most questions are answered and it turned out to be more of my notes instead of questions. Let me rephrase those.

Do you suggest any amount of girls and the ones to pick? I got some mario wannabe, some cyborg looking-like girl and stuff, I want normal ones, dark skinned at most. And obviously varierty when it comes to personalities. Any prepared set like that?

Can I check the tutorial once more? I got a couple of times those few slides what to do, I'm not sure how to go back. Also, the guide/controls are in japanese, is there any translated version?

The game is laggy, whenever I turn it on it's "not responding", it already crashed during sex scene (after clicking insertion - amazonian or something) and the loadings are a pain, anything I can do about it?

Is there a reason to hurry? Really, I do have my preferences so my picks are not the main ones,

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

d1Polterghost

Jul 22, 2017
There is no preinstall, STN removed it intentionally because of all the things that can go wrong between it and some of the other mods. As I said, that Patreon link is all we have left.
I know. Thats why I said it would need a seperate download to not have those incompatibilities.

Reactions: alex2011

Ilaem

Dec 27, 2017
If I want to take a female character as a basis for creating a male one, how do I do it?
If I simply move the image to the PNG, the editor doesn't see it, and I haven't found anything to force the change of Gender from female to male to be able to load it into the male editor.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Excuse me, I've just started playing and I'm a bit overwhelmed. Can I ask a couple of questions?

Okay, sorry, after playing a bit and editing this message most questions are answered and it turned out to be more of my notes instead of questions. Let me rephrase those.

Do you suggest any amount of girls and the ones to pick? I got some mario wannabe, some cyborg looking-like girl and stuff, I want normal ones, dark skinned at most. And obviously varierty when it comes to personalities. Any prepared set like that?

Can I check the tutorial once more? I got a couple of times those few slides what to do, I'm not sure how to go back. Also, the guide/controls are in japanese, is there any translated version?

The game is laggy, whenever I turn it on it's "not responding", it already crashed during sex scene (after clicking insertion - amazonian or something) and the loadings are a pain, anything I can do about it?

Is there a reason to hurry? Really, I do have my preferences so my picks are not the main ones,

Thanks in advance!
As far as sets, if you're looking for normal, most people don't do that, they do existing characters like what you already saw. As far as personality variety, there is a point where even the largest packs have to start repeating, so you will run into girls with the same personality. As far as prepared sets, again, most people don't do them in sets, focusing on individual characters instead. I do have a set that is completely original, has a full 98 girls plus variants for the Kplug mod, has as much variety in personalities as I could give it, and I altered voice pitch if I couldn't get an unused personality, and all of them are normal and completely original characters. That said, my girls are not ready for release, they are still very much a work in progress.

F5 for the tutorials, it should be translated, but there has been an issue with that in recent builds.

Not sure what you mean by hurry, if you mean some sort of time limit, no, the only time limit is for how long the day lasts. If you want to get something done on a specific day, then yeah, you should hurry because that timer moves quick, but no reason otherwise. You lose nothing if you don't get something done on a specific day except dates, you'll make your girl angry if you miss a date.

I know. Thats why I said it would need a seperate download to not have those incompatibilities.
Even with a separate download, you then have to find all the mods that did work on previous builds separately, which can be difficult and sometimes even impossible. The repacks are made specifically for avoiding this, which is why people use them. There are ups and downs to every method and I'm not sure the ups on a separate download outweigh the downs.

If I want to take a female character as a basis for creating a male one, how do I do it?
If I simply move the image to the PNG, the editor doesn't see it, and I haven't found anything to force the change of Gender from female to male to be able to load it into the male editor.
Have the game opened in windowed mode, in other words turn off fullscreen in initsetting.exe, have the male maker open, drag a card you want to make male into the game window from the female folder, then edit it. The same applies for making males out of females, just with the male folder and the female maker instead.

Any suggestion for the torrent client program?
BitTorrent is what I use.

Reactions: Anczej

Anczej

Nov 4, 2020
As far as sets, if you're looking for normal, most people don't do that, they do existing characters like what you already saw. As far as personality variety, there is a point where even the largest packs have to start repeating, so you will run into girls with the same personality. As far as prepared sets, again, most people don't do them in sets, focusing on individual characters instead. I do have a set that is completely original, has a full 98 girls plus variants for the Kplug mod, has as much variety in personalities as I could give it, and I altered voice pitch if I couldn't get an unused personality, and all of them are normal and completely original characters. That said, my girls are not ready for release, they are still very much a work in progress.

F5 for the tutorials, it should be translated, but there has been an issue with that in recent builds.

Not sure what you mean by hurry, if you mean some sort of time limit, no, the only time limit is for how long the day lasts. If you want to get something done on a specific day, then yeah, you should hurry because that timer moves quick, but no reason otherwise. You lose nothing if you don't get something done on a specific day except dates, you'll make your girl angry if you miss a date.

Even with a separate download, you then have to find all the mods that did work on previous builds separately, which can be difficult and sometimes even impossible. The repacks are made specifically for avoiding this, which is why people use them. There are ups and downs to every method and I'm not sure the ups on a separate download outweigh the downs.

Have the game opened in windowed mode, in other words turn off fullscreen in initsetting.exe, have the male maker open, drag a card you want to make male into the game window from the female folder, then edit it. The same applies for making males out of females, just with the male folder and the female maker instead.

BitTorrent is what I use.
I see, thank you. Only after playing a bit I realized I can change the roaster after every day, I was afraid that if I start with one I will have to keep 1 classmate all game. I like exploration, but I'm rather cautious at the same.

Well, it isn't unfortunately, any other fix? I've learned by trail and error a couple of things now, but well, any information is appreciated and googling "koikatsu controls

By time limit I meant something that happens with time, I played for only one day and got the scene (?) with Reina, math's teacher and twice with the Cheerleader, so I wondered if I missed anything.

And lastly, probably a stupid question, how do people play this game for so long? I talked with a girl, skipped time, talked with a girl, skipped time for 2 days, became lovers and now would be grinding experience with her. Then probably some trail and error to see threesome, lesbian and I hope there are some events when you go on dates, but other than that? The gameplay doesn't seem entertaining enough to keep playing for hundred of hours, my only guess is that there is a ton of community-made anime/game characters, but anyway, the gameplay part, am I missing something or this game is rather simple?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I see, thank you. Only after playing a bit I realized I can change the roaster after every day, I was afraid that if I start with one I will have to keep 1 classmate all game. I like exploration, but I'm rather cautious at the same.

Well, it isn't unfortunately, any other fix? I've learned by trail and error a couple of things now, but well, any information is appreciated and googling "koikatsu controls

By time limit I meant something that happens with time, I played for only one day and got the scene (?) with Reina, math's teacher and twice with the Cheerleader, so I wondered if I missed anything.

And lastly, probably a stupid question, how do people play this game for so long? I talked with a girl, skipped time, talked with a girl, skipped time for 2 days, became lovers and now would be grinding experience with her. Then probably some trail and error to see threesome, lesbian and I hope there are some events when you go on dates, but other than that? The gameplay doesn't seem entertaining enough to keep playing for hundred of hours, my only guess is that there is a ton of community-made anime/game characters, but anyway, the gameplay part, am I missing something or this game is rather simple?
As far as story, only a couple of scenes are time based and those happen mostly in the first three days. The rest are triggered by finding wherever there's a gold star. Usually the roof, second floor hallway, manga club room, staff room, koikatsu club room, and pool. There might be a couple I'm missing, it has been a while and I rarely play the story on any new play throughs except the unavoidable early automatic events I mentioned. You haven't missed anything, you just haven't triggered everything yet. If nothing else is happening on its own, find the gold stars that pop up at a rate of one per period.

How do we play for so long? Simple, we fill classes and then we max out the whole class. The story isn't all there is to the game. There's maxing out every girl's H stats, her affection, AND her intimacy, which gives us the reward of seeing a mock wedding at the end as the final date location. Multiply this by 98 and you have A LOT to do before you can call a play through complete.

The game is rather simple, but that would be because the primary focus of the actual customers of Illusion, and therefore the primary focus of Illusion itself, is customization, not gameplay. This is part of why we haven't seen a true successor to Artificial Academy 2. That and them constantly cycling in new people and pretty much never retaining the people with the knowledge of previous games to make a proper sequel.

swift333

Mar 19, 2018
Downloaded the Parts but while i set it to english in the InitSetting.exe it stays in Japanese the whole Main Menu and Char-Editor how can i fix that?

Anczej

Nov 4, 2020
As far as story, only a couple of scenes are time based and those happen mostly in the first three days. The rest are triggered by finding wherever there's a gold star. Usually the roof, second floor hallway, manga club room, staff room, koikatsu club room, and pool. There might be a couple I'm missing, it has been a while and I rarely play the story on any new play throughs except the unavoidable early automatic events I mentioned. You haven't missed anything, you just haven't triggered everything yet. If nothing else is happening on its own, find the gold stars that pop up at a rate of one per period.

How do we play for so long? Simple, we fill classes and then we max out the whole class. The story isn't all there is to the game. There's maxing out every girl's H stats, her affection, AND her intimacy, which gives us the reward of seeing a mock wedding at the end as the final date location. Multiply this by 98 and you have A LOT to do before you can call a play through complete.

The game is rather simple, but that would be because the primary focus of the actual customers of Illusion, and therefore the primary focus of Illusion itself, is customization, not gameplay. This is part of why we haven't seen a true successor to Artificial Academy 2. That and them constantly cycling in new people and pretty much never retaining the people with the knowledge of previous games to make a proper sequel.
Ooooh, oh. Now it makes sense, the custiomization seems massive and well, in all honesty, there is a ton to discover, but no real game mechanics to follow I thought I'd see. I'm currently trying to get all the H ending results (and about that, can I somehow know which one I got other than guessing based on gaining/losing favor/H?) and I do hope there are a couple of events on dates to see, it's two lines of dialogue at most, but I'm a collector/completonist of sorts. Well, thank you for everything then, let's say I started playing with a wrong idea of what the game is about. I wish you a good day!

Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Ooooh, oh. Now it makes sense, the custiomization seems massive and well, in all honesty, there is a ton to discover, but no real game mechanics to follow I thought I'd see. I'm currently trying to get all the H ending results (and about that, can I somehow know which one I got other than guessing based on gaining/losing favor/H?) and I do hope there are a couple of events on dates to see, it's two lines of dialogue at most, but I'm a collector/completonist of sorts. Well, thank you for everything then, let's say I started playing with a wrong idea of what the game is about. I wish you a good day!
Look at what the girl says after as well, that will give you a clue as to what ending you got to a particular H session.

Reactions: Anczej

SleepW4lker

Feb 9, 2020
Someone who would be kind enough to teach me how to install the mod KKUSS (KK Unity Standard Shader) the one that changes the game's modeling? I looked for tutorials on youtu but I can't find anything :(

Netan3

Oct 16, 2019
What are the minimum requirements to play this game? I have 4 GB of ram and as soon as the game opens me with 4 girls and I put more than 4 it stays stuck and does not open lol Is this game poorly optimized?

4.20 star(s) 33 Votes