ChesseKun

Nov 1, 2019
This question may sound dumb but I just want to be sure, I can directly update RX8 to RX10.1, right?
in that case, it is recommended that you re-download the game. you can try but it might not work properly.

I fully installed the new Repack 10.1, so my Koikatsu version is 6.0.2. Is KPlug not going to work for me, then?
By downloading the whole thing, yes. The updater is mainly developed to be used to update by one version, so it might cause issues if you try to update all the way from RX8.

Nope, but there is a way to make it 5.1 that was added because 6.0.2 had major issues with a ton of mods and even the character maker in RX8. However, I have only done it once and it was a while ago, so I forgot where to go for that.
that is a feature when using the JP installer for kplug. not sure how it would be done when doing a manual install.

Last edited:
Reactions: NovaArtemis

ChesseKun

Nov 1, 2019
If I did that, would I lose anything significant?
6.0.2 is an update made by screwthenoise the one that makes the repack and adds stability improvements. mostly aimed at chara studio I think. and using the kplug installer will undo that.
the kplug installer also has the option to disable mods that can cause compatibility issues but apparently not for everyone so it's a bit of trial and error. if you want it simple use the installer select all options and kplug will work fine but it might disable some mods that actually work fine.
I do recommend reading the manual and compatibility notes they list what gets disabled and what each of the disabled mods does and what issues they cause. but you have to decide what you want more. and if you have any issues come back here.

Reactions: alex2011
Mar 27, 2021
Hi, I am currently at RX8 Patch but I don't know how to update the new one as download the new parts but don't know where to extract them.
Please help me firgue it out and thank you!

ChesseKun

Nov 1, 2019
Hi, I am currently at RX8 Patch but I don't know how to update the new one to download the new parts but don't know where to extract them.
Please help me figure it out and thank you!
seriously you couldn't even be bothered to read the posts on this page because if you had you would already have your answer.
and that is that you have to re-download the game you cant just update.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
in that case, it is recommended that you re-download the game. you can try but it might not work properly.

that is a feature when using the JP installer for kplug. not sure how it would be done when doing a manual install.
You don't do it through Kplug, though that is an option. It also wasn't just a Kplug issue and needed an out of Kplug fix. This problem I mentioned affected MANY mods, Kplug just happened to be one of those, and it also severely affected the character maker. The ability to revert from 6.0.2 to 5.1 was mentioned at one point with the fixes for the RX8 issues.

If I did that, would I lose anything significant?
It depends on what you consider significant, but there are several mods that would be disabled and some of them don't have a Kplug, or other alternative mod, function to cover for that loss.

Hi, I am currently at RX8 Patch but I don't know how to update the new one as download the new parts but don't know where to extract them.
Please help me firgue it out and thank you!
Indeed, you are too far behind to just update, you will have to download all of the new version and copy your UserData from RX8 to the new one.

ChesseKun

Nov 1, 2019
I don't understand what's supposed to be done anymore. I just want the cheats plugin to work.
could you be a bit more specific?

You don't do it through Kplug, though that is an option. It also wasn't just a Kplug issue and needed an out of Kplug fix. This problem I mentioned affected MANY mods, Kplug just happened to be one of those, and it also severely affected the character maker. The ability to revert from 6.0.2 to 5.1 was mentioned at one point with the fixes for the RX8 issues.

It depends on what you consider significant, but there are several mods that would be disabled and some of them don't have a Kplug, or other alternative mod, function to cover for that loss.

Indeed, you are too far behind to just update, you will have to download all of the new version and copy your UserData from RX8 to the new one.
as long as he doesn't use the disable mods option he won't lose anything. unless there are mods that don't work with 5.1. so why go through the hassle of doing manualy. if he is going to install kplug anyway.

Last edited:

Delizz

Dec 7, 2019
I dont even know anymore.
I tried installing kplug 2.7 with 10.1 and everything worked fine except the invite menu, which is blank.(Free H mode only)
What version of the game should i get ? I recall it worked fine in 8.0

Last edited:

Sir Phoenix

Jun 13, 2018
I can't get anything of Kplug to work. I installed 10.1, used the Kplug installer to revert back to 5.1, manually moved everything where it should go, overwrote anything it conflicted with.

I am missing all functionality. The keyboard does not use Kplug controls. I can't use the diary. If trance is specific to Kplug, I'm missing that. And I'm missing the extra positions.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
could you be a bit more specific?

as long as he doesn't use the disable mods option he won't lose anything. unless there are mods that don't work with 5.1. so why go through the hassle of doing manualy. if he is going to install kplug anyway.
So he has the most control over what happens, as is always the reason to do a manual install of anything.

ChesseKun

Nov 1, 2019
I dont even know anymore.
I tried installing kplug 2.7 with 10.1 and everything worked fine except the invite menu, which is blank.(Free H mode only)
What version of the game should i get? I recall it worked fine in 8.0
try removing the UnlockHPositions.dll.

I can't get anything of Kplug to work. I installed 10.1, used the Kplug installer to revert back to 5.1, manually moved everything where it should go, overwrote anything it conflicted with.

I am missing all functionality. The keyboard does not use Kplug controls. I can't use the diary. If trance is specific to Kplug, I'm missing that. And I'm missing the extra positions.
So he has the most control over what happens, as is always the reason to do a manual install of anything.
and this is why I recommend to just use the installer yes it turns of mods that might work but at least kplug usually works. without having to spend who knows how long troubleshooting.
you do know that kplug has its own position menu that you open with the U key.

Sir Phoenix

Jun 13, 2018
and this is why I recommend to just use the installer yes it turns of mods that might work but at least kplug usually works. without having to spend who knows how long troubleshooting.
After doing Repack 10, the first thing I did was use the KPlug installer. It didn't do anything so I tried to do other things like doing it manually. I know about the position menu, but hitting "U" does nothing at the moment.

Buna338

Jun 5, 2021
Total koikatsu noob here, i downloaded kawakami and hiratsuka shizuka from bepisdb and when i look at them in game, they dont look like their cards. if i need mods, can ya'll point me in the right direction as well as some installation guides? many thanks!

ChesseKun

Nov 1, 2019
Actually, it works completely now. I never dragged Koikatsu.exe on top of the IPA.exe. I did that and everything clicked.
wait what? but the BepInEx.IPALoader is automatically installed when you use the installer. and with that, you shouldn't need to use the loader.exe. but if it works now yay I guess.

Total koikatsu noob here, i downloaded kawakami and hiratsuka shizuka from bepisdb and when i look at them in game, they dont look like their cards. if I need mods, can ya'll point me in the right direction as well as some installation guides? many thanks!
could you be more specific? there are several cards of each of them on bepisdb. so unless you give a link to the card or upload the card it will be hard to help.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
try removing the UnlockHPositions.dll.

I spend less time troubleshooting a manual install than I do getting back exclusive functionality the installer disabled because I somehow missed an option to turn off or there was a function the installer turns off with no option to stop it from doing so. Then again, the only incompatibility I have ever had was with the old JannieReplacer mod and that is long gone because of Kplug's buddy function allowing us to replace the janitor from the Darkness content with that.

hello guys, someone knows how can i use this ? View attachment 1308500
You have to open the studio, then hit the menu, then hit load. They will be there. These DO NOT appear in game, just to make sure that's clear from the start.

ogachan

Apr 4, 2019
hello guys, i need i little help, i dont know how to trigger rape/gruop scene, i need to install something?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
hello guys, i need i little help, i dont know how to trigger rape/gruop scene, i need to install something?
No, but it is VERY limited. You have to take a girl with one of only six personalities to the third floor, first door on the left from the inside stairs, by having her follow. Typical Schoolgirl is one personality of the six and there will be a purple hand icon in front of the door if the girl has one of them.

4.20 star(s) 33 Votes