xXUwUXx

May 12, 2020
I didn't say it isn't fun, yuri has its charm, but it is more fun to be able to play as a character you can relate to in some fashion. As for making more sense.
Idk lol, I definitely think it's a taste thing. just my personal preference I like playing the girls more.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Idk lol, I definitely think it's a taste thing. just my personal preference I like playing the girls more.
For me, it depends on the context and mechanics. If it's one of those games where you are a girl getting corrupted to the point of walking the streets naked at the player's choice, I like those, but otherwise I normally like playing a guy since they usually get the dominant role. Guys are also more relatable for, well, guy players, so that's where my point about relatability comes in. Still, we got what we got, a guy going to an all girls school for convenience.

Lolzi

Dec 16, 2018
did you start it with?:
Code:
WINEDLLOVERRIDES="winhttp=n,b" wine Koikatu.exe
(Side note: the BetterRepack RX12 created both "plugins" and "Plugins" in "BepInEx" directory, had to move all files from one to the other and delete the empty dir)
While I didn't start it with that exact command I did enable it for that wineprefix using winecfg. I only have "Plugins" in the BepInEx directory "plugins" is under BepInEx_Shim_Backup.

Funnily enough I think some of the subtitles are missing as well. There seems to be plenty of voice but the text isn't there... the text in the message boxes are fine though.

Edit:

The gray box thing is a winetricks issue, needs core fonts. Now I'm just battling with a clothing issue, I swear some plugins/mods are refusing to load now even though they did previously... re-extracting to see if it's something I did...

Last edited:

Lolzi

Dec 16, 2018
No it lets me save then, but If I close the game, its all gone
Couple of questions then:

1. You've installed Koikatsu on a disk, does that disk have any space left?
2. Under your repack you should have a directory called UserData/save/Game. Do you have access to create and delete files there? Please note that the group you belong to should also be able to 'access' files the same for Folder access. The terminology may differ slightly for your OS.

If 1 returns no space left, that's your problem.
If you don't have those directories, you need to get a fresh copy and unpack.
If you do have those directories check that when you save you game that the .dat file is created.

ttm2

Jun 14, 2020
While I didn't start it with that exact command I did enable it for that wineprefix using winecfg. I only have "Plugins" in the BepInEx directory "plugins" is under BepInEx_Shim_Backup.

Funnily enough I think some of the subtitles are missing as well. There seems to be plenty of voice but the text isn't there... the text in the message boxes are fine though.

Edit:

The gray box thing is a winetricks issue, needs core fonts. Now I'm just battling with a clothing issue, I swear some plugins/mods are refusing to load now even though they did previously... re-extracting to see if it's something I did...
Hmm, then I can only suggest to run it in a terminal, and look at printed output, and at BepInEx/LogOutput.log to figure out why they're not loading... you may be missing some native libraries that wine needs to emulate the windows calls.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Anyone have Koikatsu Party? The other link was taken down.
You don't really need it, the Better Repack version has all of the Party content, which really just amounts to translations. Party also has much of its content cut so that it can be sold on Steam and needs a separate patch that the Better Repack version doesn't need.

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
Is there any website or something to search for koikatsu mods? I'm missing a few and can't find them from googling. And yes, I did update and that just fucked me over by removing the entire mods folder

FetusStomper

Dec 3, 2018
You don't really need it, the Better Repack version has all of the Party content, which really just amounts to translations. Party also has much of its content cut so that it can be sold on Steam and needs a separate patch that the Better Repack version doesn't need.
Does it also have a vr mode?

Rakot321

Jun 10, 2021
Guys, I need your advice. As far as I know, Cards from KKS are not displayed in koikatsu. Is it possible to somehow transfer cards from KKS to KK so that they are displayed in the selection menu?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Is there any website or something to search for koikatsu mods? I'm missing a few and can't find them from googling. And yes, I did update and that just fucked me over by removing the entire mods folder
The Discord has some, but most mods that exist are already in Better Repack with few exceptions, those being mods that don't play nice together or are pay walled.

Does it also have a vr mode?
Yes, but VR mode is very limited compared to desktop since this was a game that was always more desktop oriented.

i downloaded that due to the mega limitations but i keep on getting part 7 is corrupted? any reason?
I'd suggest going for the torrent option, it may take longer since it is p2p but it comes in a batch and can be paused any time if needed
Agreed, not to mention that multiple part downloads have more chances to corrupt since there are multiple separate downloads vs just one. That sounds like what happened in this case with part 7.

What do you guys think it's better (aka, has more content) This one or Honey select 2?
Considering it has been out longer, this one, but I can't say for sure based on other factors.

Guys, I need your advice. As far as I know, Cards from KKS are not displayed in koikatsu. Is it possible to somehow transfer cards from KKS to KK so that they are displayed in the selection menu?
Koikatsu Sunshine cards are not compatible from what I have heard, only from Koikatsu to Koikatsu Sunshine.

Reactions: Discrastro

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
Considering it has been out longer, this one, but I can't say for sure based on other factors.
If you are mainly focused on making characters and creating scenes, there is also the fact Honey Select 2 has a more realistic style versus this anime-y one.

Unrelated:
Since Powered Stranger is gone, anyone knows if there is another good power ranger parody game here? Been thinking on trying my hand with its idea, but with a few changes to the plot and interactions of course.
Been thinking of using Koikatsu for the characters, anyone has a good coordinate card of a ranger suit with the proper overlay, preferably one where the colors are set properly to be changeable in the editor?

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
If you are mainly focused on making characters and creating scenes, there is also the fact Honey Select 2 has a more realistic style versus this anime-y one.

Unrelated:
Since Powered Stranger is gone, anyone knows if there is another good power ranger parody game here? Been thinking on trying my hand with its idea, but with a few changes to the plot and interactions of course.
Been thinking of using Koikatsu for the characters, anyone has a good coordinate card of a ranger suit with the proper overlay, preferably one where the colors are set properly to be changeable in the editor?
Yes, but the question was not just about quality, which is partially subjective because of the difference in art style, but about how much content each has. Usually, if I were to go by the logic that Honey Select 2 is a Honey Select game, because the original is easily the single most modded Illusion game ever, I would say Honey Select 2. However, the community has been relatively equal for the last three games not including Koikatsu Sunshine due to how new it is. The old pattern set by Honey Select 1 would suggest that Honey Select 2 would have the better selection of combined official and modded content, but that isn't the case this time.

Then you take into account the mods that have been made for each and their functions, Kplug and the pregnancy mod easily being among the most extensive mods since before the switch to Unity. While Honey Select 2 is getting a variant of Kplug for it, HS2Plug, that variant isn't anywhere near as developed because of the head start Kplug had.

I don't have such an overlay and don't even know if a power ranger suit can be effectively recreated in Koikatsu, but if anyone has what you're looking for, the Discord does.

4.20 star(s) 33 Votes