4.70 star(s) 55 Votes

Aloof_Tooth

Feb 18, 2022
EDIT: If I use a serum to boost her Sluttiness, will she just not ever wear what I gave her after it goes back down?
If it's a set in her wardrobe then she will wear it, though bear in mind it may affect her happiness/sluttiness based on her preferences.

Oct 14, 2022
It kinda breaks the immersion for me when I have a girl with 182 obedience, and I do Give her a command > Change your wardrobe, to add an underwear set that's 0 Sluttiness, and she says "I don't really like it. Sorry." Bitch, I wasn't asking. I'm sure there's some kind of internal formula based on her color preferences or whatever, but that should be overridden by high obedience, shouldn't it?

EDIT: If I use a serum to boost her Sluttiness, will she just not ever wear what I gave her after it goes back down?
182 isnt high obedience.
You need 200+ for that if i remember correctly.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
182 isnt high obedience.
Relative to what? I could command her to do anal without a condom and she'll comply, but she won't put on clothes that conflict with her fashion sense? It doesn't make much sense to me that she'll get naked at your command (and more), but not something that's decidedly less than naked. It just kinda breaks the immersion for me, that's all I was saying.

Oct 14, 2022
Interesting. Is there anything that can't be done unless you get to like 250 or 275?
It depends on the stats.
From my understanding.
Obediance: They do things because you want too.
Love: They do things because they want to make you happy.
Sluttiness: They do things because there perverted.

Someone is more willing to fuck you if they love you.
Or out of obediance.
You need 200 obediance for example to have access to 1 of the 3 options to get your mother or sister to agree to be your girlfriend.

I highly recommand paying attention to how they talk.
Before 200 obediance lily would complain about having to strip.
After 200 she does so eagerly.

A golden rule:
Happiness keep them from leaving.
Obediance makes them do thing they dont want.
Sluttiness makes them want to have sex.
And love is them wanting to make you happy.

One of the things that impress me about lab rats 2 is how dialog change on stats.
Now i wish they accauly let me skip large part of the quests if i already got them corrupted to the point of being breeding cows.
Kinda anoying i have regular threesome's with stephany and ashley but they still want to keep it secret.
Both are my devoted sex slave's.
But i can not simple order them to both be my slave girlfriends?

Reactions: rb813

Sheepy Cloud

Apr 22, 2020
Now i wish they accauly let me skip large part of the quests if i already got them corrupted to the point of being breeding cows.
Kinda anoying i have regular threesome's with stephany and ashley but they still want to keep it secret.
Both are my devoted sex slave's.
But i can not simple order them to both be my slave girlfriends?
You do realize the content has to exist to get it right.

Reactions: Aion_Abyss
Oct 14, 2022
You do realize the content has to exist to get it right.
I know.
One of the few downside's of the mod is how many quests are unfineshed or linear as all hell.
I get it.
There is only so much you can put in.
Even if you would work 24/7 you can only do so much in a day.
Doesnt change the fact it is anoying.

Deane9850

Jan 4, 2018
Some storyline just simply isnt complete. Ash even got a storyline rework currently. The home harem was vanilla and the mod don't want overstep its boundary before but with Vren missing, who knows. Also, apart from Starbuck and Kaden, there's barely others who got involves with stories.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
A couple odd behaviors I've noticed in my current game...

There's one employee that I had done the Pay Cut punishment down to $0.00, but when I just checked the Review Staff screen, she's back up to $47/hr. I reloaded an old save to confirm that she was the one whose pay I had cut to zero, so I know I'm not just misremembering that. One thing I'm not sure of, though, is whether I had promoted her after she was down to no pay (it looks like I only promoted her once, and I believe that was while she was still making money).

The number of raw supplies I have available as going up in between time periods, despite myself and two employees working in Production, and no one working in Supply. Not that I'm complaining, I was just curious whether there's some passive Supply generation I wasn't aware of.

EDIT: Just ran into something else that definitely seems like a glitch. I got the event where my mom (who was employed by me at the time) sends me a topless selfie, and then when I visited her in the office next, she was wearing normal everyday clothes, but didn't trigger an infraction for being out of uniform.

...And then later, when she sent me a text that her shirt had gone see-thru, it was opaque.

Last edited:

MrHatIsHere

Jan 18, 2022
For some reason, I'm sometimes not allowed to save my game, and I get this:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 382, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
PicklingError: Can't pickle <type 'function'>: attribute lookup __builtin__.function failed

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3325, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4160, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1102, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 48, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 727, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1323, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 273, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1323, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 983, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 918, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 330, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 382, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 415, in save
    reraise(t, e, tb)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 401, in save
    dump((roots, renpy.game.log), logf)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 49, in dump
    cPickle.dump(o, f, cPickle.HIGHEST_PROTOCOL)
PicklingError: Can't pickle <type 'function'>: attribute lookup __builtin__.function failed

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.51.1.1
Tue Feb  7 07:09:21 2023
I did manage to correct the problem, as far as I can tell. I actually gave up on this game for a while, and then came back later to address the problem with a more typical programming approach. I had a previous version of this game that I saved as a backup, and I used WinMerge to compare the two, and I essentially replaced the likely culprits with the original versions, making sure to address dependant changes elsewhere, and it seems to have addressed the problem, at least as I've encountered so far.

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
I did manage to correct the problem, as far as I can tell. I actually gave up on this game for a while, and then came back later to address the problem with a more typical programming approach. I had a previous version of this game that I saved as a backup, and I used WinMerge to compare the two, and I essentially replaced the likely culprits with the original versions, making sure to address dependant changes elsewhere, and it seems to have addressed the problem, at least as I've encountered so far.
There was some game versions back during.. around late 30 and early 40's that had some variable bugs that would cause the pickle errors. So.. if you were also trying to re-use a save from then, yea that would lead to problems.

I had been messing with some of the latest 51.x builds from the mod, and have not had pickle errors. Iv encountered other ones.. mostly due to the new added story lines not being all done/matched up, but nothing like what you got.

If you merged in older files into a subset of the newest, that alone will cause issues down the line.

MrHatIsHere

Jan 18, 2022
There was some game versions back during.. around late 30 and early 40's that had some variable bugs that would cause the pickle errors. So.. if you were also trying to re-use a save from then, yea that would lead to problems.

I had been messing with some of the latest 51.x builds from the mod, and have not had pickle errors. Iv encountered other ones.. mostly due to the new added story lines not being all done/matched up, but nothing like what you got.

If you merged in older files into a subset of the newest, that alone will cause issues down the line.
The versions are officially the same; the differences are the edits I personally made.

Sheepy Cloud

Apr 22, 2020
There's one employee that I had done the Pay Cut punishment down to $0.00, but when I just checked the Review Staff screen, she's back up to $47/hr. I reloaded an old save to confirm that she was the one whose pay I had cut to zero, so I know I'm not just misremembering that. One thing I'm not sure of, though, is whether I had promoted her after she was down to no pay (it looks like I only promoted her once, and I believe that was while she was still making money).
To my knowledge (And I've only done this a few times, and quite a while ago, so it could have changed), promotions only increase Salary based on how much they're currently earning (To my knowledge it's a percentage), so if someone's earning 0/day, then there shouldn't be anything you can do (Except for cheating it back up) to fix that.
To summarize: I believe that's a bug.

The number of raw supplies I have available as going up in between time periods, despite myself and two employees working in Production, and no one working in Supply. Not that I'm complaining, I was just curious whether there's some passive Supply generation I wasn't aware of.
That sounds like what was happening with my Clarity.
Just reversed, and not breaking your game.

Reactions: rb813

FusiFranse

Apr 28, 2020
For those having difficulties to sort the contract traits like me to design a new contract serum.
It's an Excel-like File with serum traits till Tier 3.

EquineHung

Mar 1, 2018
Is there any way to removes the caps on cheating?
Other than modifying the cheat folder in the mod
No there is none
Fortunately for you someone have already done that
on the discord server there a modified cheat folder
Just go to the discord and ask around they will point you at the right direction

AnotherMike

Mar 26, 2020
Is Candace and/or Ophelia broken in the current develop-version or am I missing something?

I've gotten to the point where I've talked to to Candace multiple times and the MC says that she just needs one final push but I should talk to Ophelia first, but I can't talk to Ophelia about Candace.

Edit:
Seems it was Ophelia that was broken, the timer for when she's over her ex doesn't set correctly. I did think I was missing a lot of her interactions.

If you want to fix it I THINK this will work (or at least it will set the timer and make things start triggering, can't swear that nothing else will get broken though :) )

In the file /game/Mods/People/Ophelia/Salon_roles.rpy find the line that says:
return salon_manager.days_since_event("over_her_ex")
and change it to
return salon_manager.days_since_event("over_her_ex", set_if_none = True)
(should be at or around line 1147)

After that change you have to talk to Ophelia at least once to set the timer and then her events should start triggering properly, it will still take a week of waiting after that before she's ready to talk about Candace (she has to be well over her ex before you can talk to her about such a sensitive subject :) )

Last edited:

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
I'm about to ask Stephanie about advancing our research to Tier 2. Is there much benefit to doing the Nora route, if I already have plenty of money to just pay the $5,000 up front?

4.70 star(s) 55 Votes