4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
Ragnarok20
Up to you:
As linked in the OP here.. once 42.1 is confirmed as stable, and the comm-fixes & mod authors are happy with it.. they will update the "full build + fixes & mod" link to get it all in one.

Or download the main game, the bugfix zip, and mod zip (like what sadf posted) - and extract each in the order of Main game > bugfix > mod. overwrite as needed. It all goes in the game folder, and the Mod will have it own "Mod" folder in the "game" folder.
I will add.. sadf's image doesnt show the fact that bugfix includes more than just that one folder, it also replaces other files/folders in the "game" folder as well. The mod, on the other hand, is solely contained in its own "mod" folder.

Reactions: Jaxter

Ragnarok20

Feb 10, 2018
sadf & coretex, thank you both for the response, if the devs really are going to update the full build and give us a link then I guess I'll wait for it for a couple of days, if nothing changes then I'll follow your steps to get it working myself. Again thank you.

Reactions: Jaxter and coretex

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
Yea its usually at least a couple weeks out, sometimes longer before the next mod version hits "stable". So far watching the commits on both gits, there hasnt been too much done yet.. think beyond basic compatibility/conflict updates. And its been over a week already..were starting the 2nd full week.. and its not been too many crazy changes "yet"... hard to know if thats a good sign or not, but maybe we'll luck out and not have to wait so long for it to be considered stable.

Choyz

Jul 17, 2018
like i've been told, there is a project from the game dev to add a huge update for the game, and the modder think to release a full mod for that update...
as if for now, they gave us the beta mod and bugfix, atleast i think this is felt really nice for the modder to still think about us that already download the 0.42.1....
and for this i express my thanks for the modder

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Bug Fixes will come out when they are found and fixed as needed.

Mod will now only come out every even number game, IE: v0.42.1, v0.44.1, 0.46.1 and so on.
They are working on v.042.1 and will upload the full modded version once all the bugs are worked out and its stable.

Starbuck — Yesterday at 9:56 AM
Hey everyone. In the interest of heavy work schedules, we have decided to change our mod release schedule from every month to every other month. Right now we are spending too much time trying to make our mod compatible with every monthly release. Pushing releases to every other month will give us more time to work on the mod itself instead of modifying it for every release. Right now we are targeting 42.1 and then every even release after that (44.1, 46.1, etc). Thanks!

Reactions: coretex

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
Anyone have a clear idea on who is and is not eligible for cloning? I'd like to get an optimal worker and then clone a workforce from her, but my improved workers aren't showing up ion the cloning menu. Genetic modification seems to disqualify a potential clonee, but then so does training intelligence.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Anyone have a clear idea on who is and is not eligible for cloning? I'd like to get an optimal worker and then clone a workforce from her, but my improved workers aren't showing up ion the cloning menu. Genetic modification seems to disqualify a potential clonee, but then so does training intelligence.
I never used that option so really have no idea but there is an icon in the upper right corner that tells you an NPC can be cloned.

As for who is or is not eligible no clue.
I have not got that far yet in this new game but its normally here: Lab_Rats_2 2021-07-18 06-33-21-34.jpg

Roxwell

May 24, 2017
Okay... downloaded Modded Game, upacked, played Modded Game, saved Modded Game... and then - BOOM!
(Yes, I repeated "Modded Game" because even now I'm 100% sure someone will try to tell me I'm trying to load vanilla save and will be completely wrong.)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The questions is simple - What the HECK is it? How did my saves become "Vanilla"? And how to get rid of that?
It simply makes the game unplayable.

Quick rundown:
1. I didn't fiddle with any of the game files.
2. I started a completely new game.
3. Autosave works, the game saves normally so I only can't load anything.
3.1 For some reason the Fresh saves I did right after starting a new game(again) worked perfectly fine which means there is an unnoticeable bug/error that at any moment your Modded-game save can suddenly become "Vanila" and not be accepted anymore.
4. v0.41.2.1

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Okay... downloaded Modded Game, upacked, played Modded Game, saved Modded Game... and then - BOOM!
(Yes, I repeated "Modded Game" because even now I'm 100% sure someone will try to tell me I'm trying to load vanilla save and will be completely wrong.)

The questions is simple - What the HECK is it? How did my saves become "Vanilla"? And how to get rid of that?
It simply makes the game unpayable.

Quick rundown:
3.1 For some reason the Fresh saves I did right after starting a new game(again) worked perfectly fine which means there is an unnoticeable bug/error that at any moment your Modded-game save can suddenly become "Vanila" and not be accepted anymore.
4. v0.41.2.1
1st question is did you try using the beta version of the mod and bug fixes on v.0.42.1 before yesterday?
(If so it was not working right because it was for v.0.41.1)

Redownload or unpack a new set of game files and use the mod and bug fixes under the "Beta" spoiler it just got updated yesterday for the v.0.42.1

Sorry did not see the first part of your post and what I typed above may not be right for your question.

Reactions: Choyz

Roxwell

May 24, 2017
1st question is did you try using the beta version of the mod and bug fixes on v.0.42.1 before yesterday?

Redownload or unpack a new set of game files and use the mod and bug fixes under the "Beta" spoiler it just got updated yesterday for the v.0.42.1

Sorry did not see the first part of your post and what I typed above may not be right for your question.
1. No.
2. I downloaded via mega-link in the "Full Game Downloads" which implies there is Full game and Both Mod and Fixes onboard. Nothing else.
3. As I said - I didn't tweak anything (And I REALLY don't want to).

4. Comparing save files I can assume: v0.41.2.1 Game+Mod+BF Assembly you have here on Mega is broken and eventually corrupts save-files, removing/damaging any mod-related info in them which turns them unrecognizable for the Modded Game and I'm not sure even the Vanilla game would be able to load them properly.

Ssato243

Feb 2, 2021

thanks cant wait for the update

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
Also ... having made a clone, it turns out she already has a job (these genes are damn clever things, it seems) and so I can't assign her to work at the strip club or the pharma business.

I may have to rethink this whole "clone master race" approach :)

bsjfan69

Oct 4, 2017
I don't know if it's the mods or the base game, but does anyone else find the game to be unbelievably fucking laggy as of late?

waffel

Donor
Aug 29, 2017
I don't know if it's the mods or the base game, but does anyone else find the game to be unbelievably fucking laggy as of late?
It has been like that a very very long time! The problem is Ren'py, Ren'py is not build for this kind of game, you can't control your memory layout, you cannot do stuff that will make the game go fast. Ren'py is optimised for CPU cache misses, lack of memory control and easy handling of the stuff you need for simple visual novel projects, where cache misses and memory control, mean nothing. This game is not a simple visual novel, and the way the game objects have been made, a lot of data that is not needed for the stuff you are about to do, polute the cpu caches, so even the menus lag.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaxter

guest1492

Apr 28, 2018

It simply makes the game unplayable.

Quick rundown:
4. v0.41.2.1
I've seen that once but I don't know if it's the same case for you. It happened to me because I started a new game and then quit right after character creation. The game autosaves at that point. I was trying to use the autosave in order save scum and get better starting goals. Anyway, I believe (have not checked) the problem is because the mod sets a variable AFTER the point of the autosave indicating that this is a modded game. Any saves before that point (aka the autosave) would not have that flag set which leads to the message shown when trying to load it. The point is, I haven't had that happen to me as long as I don't try to load saves before a new game has "officially" started.

----

So I have a question about random crises (aka events in any other game). I set the chance for them to happen to 100% but at some point events just stop popping up. Does this happen to anyone else?

I've gone through the code and couldn't figure out where the problem is. From what I can tell from the code, this is roughly the way crises are handled:
  1. An array/dictionary keeps track of all the crises and how many times they've been called
  2. Every time period, a decision is made on whether or not to fire a random crisis based on crisis_chance (which I have at 100%)
  3. When a random crisis has to be fired, the game goes through the list of all the crises and filters for only the ones which pass the requirements (which could be time of day, location, etc)
  4. Out of the filtered list, it is sorted according to how many times the event has been called as recorded in step 1
  5. One out of the crises that are tied for least seen is randomly chosen
  6. The randomly chosen crisis should be shown
I don't know at which step the problem is but I definitely have not seen all the crises and yet I could spend (game) days not seeing a single one pop up. For example, the training seminar one which only requires that it be a weekday. It's past day 20 in my game and I haven't seen it at all nor any other (random) events for at least a week.

Reactions: DevilInside666

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
For the whole "broken save loading issue" : Il say that pretty much every major release I go and nuke all my save files...
in both the game and the the appdata location.
so in the \games\saves folder
&
AppData\Roaming\RenPy\LR_2_Proto-1493018508 folder.

If you dont nuke both, the game will just copy/backup from one spot to the other as needed. Including that "persistant" file which could be part of the main problem as well.

May 18, 2019
First time playing the game. Got the mod as per instructions and tried opening the game. I got this:
Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/character_animation.rpy", line 2: ATL statement contains two expressions in a row; is one of them a misspelled property? If not, separate them with pass.
    shader the_animation.shader
                               ^

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Mon Jul 19 17:48:48 2021
Putting shader and the_animation.shader on different lines(idk renpy just thought i'd give it a try) makes it go away, but the same error pops up for line 4.

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes