4.70 star(s) 55 Votes

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
This is gonna sound a little silly but the preference option to clean the memory every day vanished from my preferences menu and I don't know how to find it again...

Now it vanished when changed the memory mode to high and then instantly to medium, but... the option won't come back even if I delete all saves and persistent from my computer and do a fresh unzip of the game files and start from scratch somehow the option is still missing?

Last edited:

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
This is gonna sound a little silly but the preference option to clean the memory every day vanished from my preferences menu and I don't know how to find it again...

Now it vanished when changed the memory mode to high and then instantly to medium, but... the option won't come back even if I delete all saves and persistent from my computer and do a fresh unzip of the game files and start from scratch somehow the option is still missing?
This option was removed due to the fact that a clean memory is always needed, even on high memory, you will run out of available texture memory, so based on the setting, the clean operation is run once a day or once a week.

Reactions: Burt and left1000

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
This option was removed due to the fact that a clean memory is always needed, even on high memory, you will run out of available texture memory, so based on the setting, the clean operation is run once a day or once a week.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

VinnyB

Dec 6, 2017
Ran into this after the "ask about Ex" conversation with Ophelia:
If ignored, it keeps repeating every time that time passes. (Started in the morning "time period" and keeps happening at every other time period, including night. Does the same wherever the MC is, even in the salon.)
Latest 0.34.7 of both bugfix and mods installed over previous version.

Last edited:

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
Another silly question, is downloading the game+bugfix+mod zip in the OP the same as downloading the game bugfix and mod seperately? I ask, because... depending on which route I go for.... my directory structure looks very much different?

edit:

Oh also, one mod in the list of mods I can't tell what effect it has in game is:

"
Add Company Wardrobe

"

What does this one do?

edit2:

Another silly question, now, I've read almost everything you do breaks save game compatibility.... but

Does updating from bugfix+mod edition (v0.34.6) to (v0.34.7) break save games too?

edit3:

So when people say you need to start a new game when going from the base game to bugfix+mod, I get that I have to click new game. That's obvious. But should I also go into my windows users folder and delete the copy of the lab rats 2 "persistent" file? Or can I leave that alone?

Last edited:

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
Another silly question, is downloading the game+bugfix+mod zip in the OP the same as downloading the game bugfix and mod seperately? I ask, because... depending on which route I go for.... my directory structure looks very much different?

edit:

Oh also, one mod in the list of mods I can't tell what effect it has in game is:

"
Add Company Wardrobe

"

What does this one do?

edit2:

Another silly question, now, I've read almost everything you do breaks save game compatibility.... but

Does updating from bugfix+mod edition (v0.34.6) to (v0.34.7) break save games too?

edit3:

So when people say you need to start a new game when going from the base game to bugfix+mod, I get that I have to click new game. That's obvious. But should I also go into my windows users folder and delete the copy of the lab rats 2 "persistent" file? Or can I leave that alone?
1: Add Company Wardrobe: adds some outfits to your outfit manager that start with your company name, a kind of quick build for outfits that you can assign to your workers, so you don't have to make new outfits by hand, it's a nice starting point that you can modify to your needs.
2: The first releases are made to get the game running, after that additions are made, but these additions not always show up in existing save games (due to base game layout and code), so people start to ask where it is, but its not in their current save game. Sometimes we add new stuff that breaks an existing game (unintentionally, but it happens). Mostly you should be fine when upgrading, but keep in mind the things I mention here.
3: The persistent file contains some settings like preferences and colour schemes, deleting it resets these values to their defaults and would require you to set those again, so if you want everything set back to default, delete that one too, but generally is not needed.

Reactions: left1000

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
Thanks!

More questions. What exactly does mastery level do? I know how to earn mastery level, but it seems like all mastery level does is reduce the effect of a trait causing side effects in a new serum? Right? So mastery level isn't very useful in a trait that you're not planning to use again in the future?

Oh also, this might be regional, but I'm a little bit confused by breast size.

A DD bra is the same size as an E bra and a DDD bra is the same size as an F bra...

So, why are the sizes in this game apparently DD DDD E then FF?

edit:

Also uh, what's the point of a serum that raises max energy? Can the player themselves consume serums? I think no?
If you give a woman +20 max energy for 3 turns... won't her current energy still be 100/120 or whatever? which won't matter at all? Or do serums with +20 max energy also give +20 current energy?

edit2:

In the mod various areas on the map have a yellow highlighted "event"... So that means they've rolled some random chance for there to be an event there right?
Does that mean if I don't go to that map area at all that day, that the event counts as fired and so it won't roll to appear again? or? how do events that are rolled to occur work in that regard? In the base game you can't see events that want to fire at locations you're not at, so it's moot, but in the mod I'm wondering, if I'm sick of seeing events for a given day can I just not explore at all that day and be fine? Or will all those events remove themselves from the pool? Or am I misunderstanding how events work entirely? This game is a LOT LOT more complicated than most renpy games where events are much simpler dice rolls (at least to my brain).

edit3:

Are there a fixed number of women in the world? I assume no? Do certain actions spawn more? I assume resume hiring does? Does wandering around downtown have a chance to spawn new women into the world? Or does it just waste time?

The main reason I ask is because I'm wondering about the hire anyone anywhere anytime mod. By hiring people I run into while exploring instead of asking for resumes, do I end up causing there to be fewer total women in my game at the given time? Or does hiring via this means generate a new woman into the world elsewhere randomly?

edit4:

Do charisma/intelligence/focus have effects outside of job tasks? I notice that sometimes a social activity will say that it is "based on charisma" but it seems odd that only one of three attributes would have any non-job effects? Is that the case? Does that just make charisma the best stat?

edit5:

Is it possible for a woman in this game to ever be a lesbian or bisexual? Or are all the characters in the game female heterosexuals?

edit6:

One of the features of this mod is " Adds In-game hint system that helps you find the more hidden quest and story lines in the game; "

Is this in reference to the yellow Event! Notifier? Or is there a separate menu I haven't found somewhere?

edit7:

Are 5-10 women supposed to randomly gain sexuality every day despite me not interacting with them at all? It makes the bad influence quest trivially easy....

edit8:

Is there a guide on unlocking perks posted anywhere?

Last edited:

Edwarf

Jun 8, 2017
I'm getting this error at the end of the "Bull" event in 0.34.7.:

Even selecting "Ignore" in the next error screens, I eventually get the following report, being unable to continue:

I/ve just downloaded the 0.34.8 full modded file, but I'd like to know if this has been fixed before start all over again.

TIA.

Last edited:

Shtradha

Apr 12, 2018
Had a crash when I ran out of energy and the woman didn't want to let me go:

Pure conjecture: This 'current_node' is probably not defined because running out of energy ends the event, clearing the 'current_node' while the event itself probably wants to continue because the woman didn't want to let you go. Probably easily fixed by "make sure that he has enough energy before she takes charge else return"

Reactions: Tristim

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
I see some developer mod content was updated about half an hour ago to work with 35.1 - can I already try and give it a spin or is there still WIP for base compatibility of the dev mod for the new version?

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Thats them trying to get the mod to be compatible with the newest version I assume. And it worked technically before that but it had issues like trying to alter makeup in the clothing editor crashed (only bug I found in what little I played)

Reactions: The Grifter

CttCJim

Feb 28, 2019
New instructions for installing the mod on android; v0.35.1 added zip files, so the process is way easier now.

Inkheepurr

Apr 27, 2019
Got stuck, I got an event where mom comes into my room in the morning and I have to activate new perk(Time of Need).
I activated the perk but nothing is happening.

Edit:Solved, I had to set my energy to 100 above my max I'd used the cheat menu to increase my max energy to 1000

4.70 star(s) 55 Votes