4.70 star(s) 50 Votes

Nohhhh

Mar 21, 2024
Hello! I`m trying to enable the business policy for toplessness from the "Other Policies" category menu - City Laws: Legalize topless outfits. Requires: Convince the City Administrator to wear a slutty outfit to work. I have already done that via the trance training during her visits, and she showed up dressed as i suggested (a slutty outfit of value 100+) and yet i am unable to activate the business policy. Any info on this, please? I`m playing v2023.12-code-beta version.
There should be an event at the coffee shop.

1714139419504.png

Iras5alg

Jun 9, 2017
hi whenever I try to speak with Stephanie this exception comes up

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 457, in script call
    call talk_person(picked_option) from _call_talk_person
  File "game/script.rpy", line 584, in script
    call screen main_choice_display(build_menu_items([build_chat_action_list(the_person, keep_talking), build_specific_action_list(the_person, keep_talking), build_special_role_actions_list(the_person, keep_talking)]))
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 662, in execute_call_screen
    args, kwargs = a.evaluate()
  File "game/script.rpy", line 584, in <module>
    call screen main_choice_display(build_menu_items([build_chat_action_list(the_person, keep_talking), build_specific_action_list(the_person, keep_talking), build_special_role_actions_list(the_person, keep_talking)]))
  File "game/script.rpy", line 571, in build_special_role_actions_list
    special_role_actions.sort(key = sort_display_list, reverse = True)
  File "game/major_game_classes/serum_related/serums/body_monitor_serum.rpy", line 21, in get_body_monitor_serum
NameError: name 'find_in_list' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 584, in script
  File "C:\Games\renpy-8.1.3-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 2259, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "C:\Games\renpy-8.1.3-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 2241, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Games\renpy-8.1.3-sdk\renpy\statements.py", line 342, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 662, in execute_call_screen
    args, kwargs = a.evaluate()
  File "C:\Games\renpy-8.1.3-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 344, in evaluate
    value = renpy.python.py_eval(v, locals=scope)
  File "C:\Games\renpy-8.1.3-sdk\renpy\python.py", line 1153, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Games\renpy-8.1.3-sdk\renpy\python.py", line 1146, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 584, in <module>
  File "game/script.rpy", line 571, in build_special_role_actions_list
    special_role_actions.sort(key = sort_display_list, reverse = True)
  File "C:\Games\renpy-8.1.3-sdk\renpy\revertable.py", line 97, in do_mutation
    return method(self, *args, **kwargs)
  File "game/helper_functions/misc_helpers_ren.py", line 17, in sort_display_list
    if the_item.is_action_enabled(extra_args):
  File "game/major_game_classes/game_logic/Action_ren.py", line 82, in is_action_enabled
    requirement_return = self.check_requirement(extra_args)
  File "game/major_game_classes/game_logic/Action_ren.py", line 76, in check_requirement
    return self.requirement(*extra_args)
  File "game/game_roles/business_roles/_business_role_definitions_ren.py", line 292, in fetish_serum_discuss_requirement
    return mc.is_at_work and mc.business.is_open_for_business and body_monitor_serum_is_unlocked()
  File "game/major_game_classes/serum_related/serums/fetish_serums_ren.py", line 1042, in body_monitor_serum_is_unlocked
    if not get_body_monitor_serum():
  File "game/major_game_classes/serum_related/serums/body_monitor_serum.rpy", line 21, in get_body_monitor_serum
NameError: name 'find_in_list' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business 2023.12-code-beta
Sun Apr 28 10:45:06 2024

EthanEverhart

Jul 21, 2017
Anyone know how to complete the objective HR meetings?
It says to use the HR director to conduct meetings with employees.
Is there a way to make this happen or does it only happen on Mondays at the regularly scheduled meetings?
Cause if your employees are happy then there are no meetings with them which makes it feel like the objective is to intentionally make your employees want to quit so you can meet with them.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
which makes it feel like the objective is to intentionally make your employees want to quit so you can meet with them.
That does sound like the kind of thing that a character who pharmaceutically brainwashes people into submissive cumsluts would do.

In a previous playthrough, I would wait till an employee committed an infraction, then punish them by making them wear a uniform that was too slutty for them, so they wouldn't wear it (thus incurring more infractions). Then I could gradually punish them with pay cuts, and more punishment uniforms so the infractions would never run out, until eventually they were literal slaves working for $0.00/hr. Why didn't they just quit their job and go work some place where they would get paid and not have to be naked all the time? Because this is a male power fantasy, no other reason than that.

So yeah, I'm not familiar with the objective HR meetings (I don't play the newest Git version), but from that perspective of how the game's design seems to encourage the MC to be a certain type of manipulative bastard, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if what you said was exactly how it was intended. Of course, the game is a flexible enough sandbox that you can also do a "kinder, gentler" RP of a perfectly respectable business that just happens to have a lot of attractive women on the staff, but you have to accept that some features of the game are only intended for players who want to indulge the power-fantasy aspect.

EthanEverhart

Jul 21, 2017
That does sound like the kind of thing that a character who pharmaceutically brainwashes people into submissive cumsluts would do.

In a previous playthrough, I would wait till an employee committed an infraction, then punish them by making them wear a uniform that was too slutty for them, so they wouldn't wear it (thus incurring more infractions). Then I could gradually punish them with pay cuts, and more punishment uniforms so the infractions would never run out, until eventually they were literal slaves working for $0.00/hr. Why didn't they just quit their job and go work some place where they would get paid and not have to be naked all the time? Because this is a male power fantasy, no other reason than that.

So yeah, I'm not familiar with the objective HR meetings (I don't play the newest Git version), but from that perspective of how the game's design seems to encourage the MC to be a certain type of manipulative bastard, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if what you said was exactly how it was intended. Of course, the game is a flexible enough sandbox that you can also do a "kinder, gentler" RP of a perfectly respectable business that just happens to have a lot of attractive women on the staff, but you have to accept that some features of the game are only intended for players who want to indulge the power-fantasy aspect.
Wow, um, okay. That felt a little hateful, did this game hurt you or something? Can't honestly tell if you enjoy the game or not.
But yeah, unless there is another answer that we are not seeing, I'll probably just disable that goal then.

On'Jin

Oct 10, 2019
Anyone know how to complete the objective HR meetings?
It says to use the HR director to conduct meetings with employees.
Is there a way to make this happen or does it only happen on Mondays at the regularly scheduled meetings?
Cause if your employees are happy then there are no meetings with them which makes it feel like the objective is to intentionally make your employees want to quit so you can meet with them.

It's possible to make it happens, Sarah, the HR director, gave me the option to arrange more meetings with employees when I hit a certain threshold, maybe about 11 employees?

Screenshot_1.png

With this option you can arrange one additional meeting by day (so Two monday with the obligatory one, and one each day of work after that), I desactived the objective HR meetings with the coach life though, and never tried to do this objectif, but I'm guessing it should work.

EthanEverhart

Jul 21, 2017
It's new, only been in the code for about a week maybe 2 weeks.
Are these non-front page updates only on gitgud or is there a 1-click download here in the forums?
More importantly, do any of the gitgud versions improve the lag?
Eventually I always seem to have to close the game and reopen it because it gets really bad.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
Wow, um, okay. That felt a little hateful, did this game hurt you or something?
I didn't mean it to come off that way. I'm just saying that this game is designed as a male power fantasy, and as such, there are goals that might be best achieved by letting the main character be a manipulative bastard (which is completely fine, if you're doing it in a fictional setting where no real people are being hurt).

Reactions: SaatanaPerkele

EthanEverhart

Jul 21, 2017
this game is designed as a male power fantasy, and as such, there are goals that might be best achieved by letting the main character be a manipulative bastard (which is completely fine, if you're doing it in a fictional setting where no real people are being hurt).
True enough, it just seemed weird that it was the only goal that you had to wait for.
Every other goal is based on and can be expedited by the player's actions but if you only ever meet with employees on Monday it felt out of place. But, according to On'jin, there does appear to be a way to trigger meetings with employees.
Now I just need to find out how.

EthanEverhart

Jul 21, 2017
It's possible to make it happens, Sarah, the HR director, gave me the option to arrange more meetings with employees when I hit a certain threshold, maybe about 11 employees?

View attachment 3583857

With this option you can arrange one additional meeting by day (so Two monday with the obligatory one, and one each day of work after that), I desactived the objective HR meetings with the coach life though, and never tried to do this objectif, but I'm guessing it should work.
I don't seem to have this action, was this one of Sarah's interactions or the action in a particular room?

On'Jin

Oct 10, 2019
I don't seem to have this action, was this one of Sarah's interactions or the action in a particular room?
It's when talking to her in the main office, under special actions.
Screenshot_2.png

But like I said, I had to unlock this action, when I have a certain threshold of employee, on the Monday meeting I think, she said something like "There is too much employee now, one meeting by week is not sufficient enough, we can begin to arrange a meeting more regularly"

I don't know the number of employees required for that, like I said probably 11 or a little more? , neither if there are other requirements for that, I had already had some things with her (like yoga class, serum coffee, etc....)

But pretty sure it has to do with the number of employees, I stayed for a moment at 8 or 9 employees without having this option, and when I got some more (like 2 or 3) I had this talk on the monday meeting.

And I'm playing the version posted in the original post, so not a git-hub version.

edit: So, I loaded a save, tried the hr meeting objectif, and I confirm that the "Meet with employee" count for this:, since it was the original inquiry.

hr meeting.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimwalrus

camistrie

Mar 6, 2019
Ran across a bug that I didn't notice for a long time.
I reassigned Ellie's work and she lost the IT director role after work reassignment. So now I can't do nanobot research!
Used console to add

the_person.add_role(IT_director_role)

to Ellie but this did not make the discuss nanobot research option appear.
Any way to fix it? Don't really want to revert older saves (like 1 week ago!) for this

SDN111

Sep 26, 2023
Are these non-front page updates only on gitgud or is there a 1-click download here in the forums?
More importantly, do any of the gitgud versions improve the lag?
Eventually I always seem to have to close the game and reopen it because it gets really bad.
Git only currently. Development branch.

ds667

Oct 7, 2023
Can you have some other clothing?
What hairstyles are available?
There is already aesthetic fatigue after so many versions

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
Can you have some other clothing?
What hairstyles are available?
There is already aesthetic fatigue after so many versions
The way the graphics work in the game, the only way to add a new item of clothing would be to render out a separate image for every pose, in every body size. I mostly like the way the game looks (other than some of the faces), but it was a very impractical approach that probably should've never been done.

4.70 star(s) 50 Votes