4.70 star(s) 55 Votes

redzadow

May 18, 2017
I've been looking into my issue with only getting the rude intro for Myrabelle and nothing else. I understand the next step is the Gaming Cafe Opening Event which has the following checks:

def myra_gaming_cafe_opening_requirement():
if gaming_cafe_is_business_hours() and alexia.is_employee() and mc.business.days_since_event("myra_rude_intro") >= TIER_2_TIME_DELAY and alexia.days_employed > TIER_1_TIME_DELAY:
return True
return False

alexia.is_employee() Returns True
mc.business.days_since_event("myra_rude_intro") Returns 298
TIER_2_TIME_DELAY Returns 7
alexia.days_employed Returns 264
TIER_1_TIME_DELAY Returns 3

I should meet this requirement, except gaming_cafe_is_business_hours() always returns False every time of day every day of the week.

Can anyone answer how and when the Gaming Cafe business hours are defined? I'm trying to read through the code to figure that out now...

redzadow

May 18, 2017
So, I just got the Gaming Cafe opening even to trigger on navigating to the mall after running "myra.event_triggers_dict["gaming_cafe_open"] = True" in the console. The problem is I see this is in the logic to take place during the event that requires it.

Is anybody else playing a new game and is able to trigger the event? Unless this trigger is set to true somewhere else, like in Alex's logic, I think it's impossible to advance Myra's story in a new game right now.

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
I've been looking into my issue with only getting the rude intro for Myrabelle and nothing else. I understand the next step is the Gaming Cafe Opening Event which has the following checks:

def myra_gaming_cafe_opening_requirement():
if gaming_cafe_is_business_hours() and alexia.is_employee() and mc.business.days_since_event("myra_rude_intro") >= TIER_2_TIME_DELAY and alexia.days_employed > TIER_1_TIME_DELAY:
return True
return False

alexia.is_employee() Returns True
mc.business.days_since_event("myra_rude_intro") Returns 298
TIER_2_TIME_DELAY Returns 7
alexia.days_employed Returns 264
TIER_1_TIME_DELAY Returns 3

I should meet this requirement, except gaming_cafe_is_business_hours() always returns False every time of day every day of the week.

Can anyone answer how and when the Gaming Cafe business hours are defined? I'm trying to read through the code to figure that out now...
Its in role_myrabelle...

def gaming_cafe_is_business_hours():
if not gaming_cafe_is_open():
return False
if day%7 in [2,3,4] and time_of_day in [2,3]:
return True
if day%7 in [5,6] and time_of_day in [1,2,3]:
return True
return False

redzadow

May 18, 2017
Its in role_myrabelle...

def gaming_cafe_is_business_hours():
if not gaming_cafe_is_open():
return False
if day%7 in [2,3,4] and time_of_day in [2,3]:
return True
if day%7 in [5,6] and time_of_day in [1,2,3]:
return True
return False
But what action in game causes this logic to take place? From what I can discern that code is ran during the gaming cafe open event. However the gaming cafe open event can't take place until the code is ran. So does something cause it to run that I missed?

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
But what action in game causes this logic to take place? From what I can discern that code is ran during the gaming cafe open event. However the gaming cafe open event can't take place until the code is ran. So does something cause it to run that I missed?
Well it is a defined function. It can be run anywhere you find it usually in an if statement.

So..
if gaming_cafe_is_business_hours():

would run that code and True or False is returned to satisfy the if statement. If you have tried all times and days, then I would guess that gaming_cafe_is_open() is the responsible one.

Jed

Feb 28, 2017
The version in the main download appears to be incorrectly labelled - it's not the same as version 0.51.3.1 in the Master branch of the gitgud. Pretty much every single file in the Mods folder is different between the two.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
The version in the main download appears to be incorrectly labelled - it's not the same as version 0.51.3.1 in the Master branch of the gitgud. Pretty much every single file in the Mods folder is different between the two.
The game with mod download on the OP is 0.51.3.1, the gitgud has the updated files that is still in testing and if you like to use them and help test then get on there discord and download the updated Ren'PY files and the beta version of the mod and bug fixes and test it out.

Jed

Feb 28, 2017
The game with mod download on the OP is 0.51.3.1, the gitgud has the updated files that is still in testing and if you like to use them and help test then get on there discord and download the updated Ren'PY files and the beta version of the mod and bug fixes and test it out.
The master branch in the gitgud is supposed to be the stable 0.51.3.1 version, right? Not anything in testing - that's the stuff in develop. It's very different from what's in the 'all-in-one' download.

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
The master branch in the gitgud is supposed to be the stable 0.51.3.1 version, right? Not anything in testing - that's the stuff in develop. It's very different from what's in the 'all-in-one' download.
Yes, it is different. But probably not in any way that matters, except that you can't easily modify things yourself in the full download.

As far as I can tell there is only 3 files changed since stable 0.51.3.1 and those are bugfixes for Lilys serum quest, gaming cafe never opening and a typo in Ellie and Stephanie teamup.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Okay I see where things are different other than the bug fixes.
The one on the OP is the "Market" version and was the last stable release that came out.

Bug fixes go in and once they get enough content they will release a new version with all the updates.

Edwarf

Jun 8, 2017
Damm, I'm stuck again.

It's supossed for my IT employee to get some fetishes in order to get the final nanobot researchs, the problem is that no 4nal options appear in her s3x menu, so even wasting ludicrous ammounts of clarity (when in a trance) and using 4nal proclivity nanobots potions, I find no way to make those options to appear.

The preferences are not (AFAIK) the problem, as she loves all the related stuff, so my question is: Is this supose to happen, and need to wait for some event (or do something) to trigger it, or is just a bug and I need to unlock them via console?

Thanks in advance.

Aloof_Tooth

Feb 18, 2022
Damm, I'm stuck again.

It's supossed for my IT employee to get some fetishes in order to get the final nanobot researchs, the problem is that no 4nal options appear in her s3x menu, so even wasting ludicrous ammounts of clarity (when in a trance) and using 4nal proclivity nanobots potions, I find no way to make those options to appear.

The preferences are not (AFAIK) the problem, as she loves all the related stuff, so my question is: Is this supose to happen, and need to wait for some event (or do something) to trigger it, or is just a bug and I need to unlock them via console?

Thanks in advance.
I believe it's simply not finished yet.

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
Is it still possible to modify the serum traits through the .rpy files in the new download(0.51.3.1)?
Should be. Though you may have to assemble it manually. The all-in-one version is in archived format and the .rpy files are not accessible. In theory, you could use unren to gain access, but I didn't find a version of unren that won't introduce errors when decompiling the files.

Edwarf

Jun 8, 2017
When starting a new game, after playing for a while (no matter the reason), it might happen LR2.exe crashes on launch.

To solve this, simply go to the LR2 folder located in the user subfolder (i.e.:C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\LR2_MOD51) and delete "persistent" file.

It will solve the problem, and you just simply have to set the game preferences to your likings.

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 55 Votes