VN Ren'Py Abandoned Last Age of Magic [v0.12] [Kiobe]

Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
No worries, English is not the easiest language to learn, of course having said that I'm more determined then ever to try and learn to read katakana eventually....

Reactions: MilkyDaddy

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
This one sounds like annoying 15-16 y/o brat who thinks he's lord of universe. :closedtongue:

MilkyDaddy

Made with love <3
Game Developer
Oct 6, 2018
This one sounds like annoying 15-16 y/o brat who thinks he's lord of universe. :closedtongue:
Thank you for your opinion. You did not like exactly the character? rather, his pomposity is inherent in fatherly sons who love to spend their father's money and live to the fullest. At the beginning of the game, it is implied that he causes disgust. Or I misunderstood you

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Actually the question you ask is answered by exactly the sentece that made you ask the question. "He sounds and acts like a brat". You know, a lazy good for nothing who can't think anything else beside booze and boobs. (The latter i can relate to :coldsweat:) Whines a lot, lacks any kind of determination, try to cheat whenever he could and although in this one he as a matter of fact works hard while at work still has a repulsive personality overall. A guy that leaves an impression of being an utter waste of time if you'd see one infront of you.

The problem with these types in these games that people often wish to immerse themselves into the MC's role. So when the mc is depicted a complete idiot, a brat, a spoiled little prick who is only good at spending others money.. thats not something you wish to be immerse yourself into. You know, not everyone like to play a repulsive failure.

This is more of an issue to some and less to others.

MilkyDaddy

Made with love <3
Game Developer
Oct 6, 2018
Actually the question you ask is answered by exactly the sentece that made you ask the question. "He sounds and acts like a brat". You know, a lazy good for nothing who can't think anything else beside booze and boobs. (The latter i can relate to :coldsweat:) Whines a lot, lacks any kind of determination, try to cheat whenever he could and although in this one he as a matter of fact works hard while at work still has a repulsive personality overall. A guy that leaves an impression of being an utter waste of time if you'd see one infront of you.

The problem with these types in these games that people often wish to immerse themselves into the MC's role. So when the mc is depicted a complete idiot, a brat, a spoiled little prick who is only good at spending others money.. thats not something you wish to be immerse yourself into. You know, not everyone like to play a repulsive failure.

This is more of an issue to some and less to others.
Well, I understand you, thank you very much for being chewed up for me. True, I wanted to achieve a slightly different goal, maybe it didn’t work because I gave a small piece of the plot, at the end of Chapter 1, years will turn into a good (with good intentions) hero. I would not say that chapter 1 will end colorfully and well :) not without death and blood.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Don't think too much of it. You won't be able to appease everybody. If you want him to be a human waste by default, or at the beginning, just stick with it. Tell a story. If he changes into something better, all the better :)

MilkyDaddy

Made with love <3
Game Developer
Oct 6, 2018
Don't think too much of it. You won't be able to appease everybody. If you want him to be a human waste by default, or at the beginning, just stick with it. Tell a story. If he changes into something better, all the better :)
Yet to communicate with people from the side, especially from another country, it is very interesting and I want to hear opinions. Nevertheless, I will try to listen to the fact that they are writing to improve the game, but I don’t want to do 1 prot.

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Thank you for your opinion. You did not like exactly the character? rather, his pomposity is inherent in fatherly sons who love to spend their father's money and live to the fullest. At the beginning of the game, it is implied that he causes disgust. Or I misunderstood you
It is more observation than criticism. I understand that for purposes of game and storyline he needs to act like that.
And I agree with posts above, if you have story in your head and plans how to tell it, than you should go with it till the end, cause if you start to make "compomises", it will not end well for the game itself.

MilkyDaddy

Made with love <3
Game Developer
Oct 6, 2018
It is more observation than criticism. I understand that for purposes of game and storyline he needs to act like that.
And I agree with posts above, if you have story in your head and plans how to tell it, than you should go with it till the end, cause if you start to make "compomises", it will not end well for the game itself.
Thank you, I understand you.

Reactions: Prokopije

MilkyDaddy

Made with love <3
Game Developer
Oct 6, 2018
Guys, we edited the English translation. It is available on the patreone in fastening or here on this link .

Reactions: DanMachiFan

UHFdev

Nov 1, 2018
Might have something here, but unless he picks up a native-speaking writer to translate that mess, and apply the background quality to the rest of the game it goes to my Russian-cashgrab folder.

MilkyDaddy

Made with love <3
Game Developer
Oct 6, 2018
Might have something here, but unless he picks up a native-speaking writer to translate that mess, and apply the background quality to the rest of the game it goes to my Russian-cashgrab folder.
Thank you for your opinion, I will consider your wish

MilkyDaddy

Made with love <3
Game Developer
Oct 6, 2018
Guys, I made a release of the 0.1 version. True, there was not enough money for translation, so the student is engaged in translation, the translation will be for a couple of weeks.

- 0.1 Ru

jaws4567

Jan 5, 2018
View attachment 158728

Overview:
This game is a fascinating journey to the world of magic abilities. The vortex of breathtaking events which take place in the Amber city.
You will plunge into the epoch when the elemental magic ruled the universe, when creatures from elves and orcs to humans and ghosts were equal and only magic and knowledge was the only way to best the foes and to become the most powerful one.
Thread Updated: 2019-02-22
Release Date: 2019-02-04
Developer: Kiobe -
Censored: No
Version: 0.12
Language: English, Russian
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - -

It's just ...mechanical... not as bad as some machine translations that I've gotten for jap games, but not as polished as say Skaz's game Bad Manners, granted I think he has at least one professional translator working with him I think.

I'll download the game again, and post what you said in a few scenes, and then post how I think would be a better dialogue, don't get me wrong though, you *are* mostly getting your point across it's just breaking immersion in the game in my opinion.

I'll probably post a bit later in the day, Real Life is rearing it's ugly head in an attempt to consume my day of game playing.
English is enjoyably colloquial, but doesn't scan or read correctly. Happy to sub-edit it for you. Message me with some samples and Ill do them first.

jaws4567

Jan 5, 2018
I absolutely loove that town background. Its weird how that room has a tiny window, an open door and yet its brighter inside than outside. Its a kind of magic, baby! I miss the titties from the screenies!

EDIT: Douche-warning. Our "hero" is an annoying prick. Background is black&white line-art. Very fine line art i must say but still. Its russian by default, english is.. understandable. The whole storytelling is childish. Has a very nice menu :) Art is definitely the strong point here. I wonder if the DEV does it or he buys it or spent a ton of time collecting it, but sure is nice.
The whole game has Akabur Princess Trainer vibes. For now, supershort, you get the most "story" when your daily job of packing crates is explained. Go figure.
Worth it for the cartoony artwork, however the English while enjoyably colloquial is still wrong, happy to sub-edit, put it into sentences that scan and make sense.