RPGM - Completed - LAST EMBRYO -EITHER OF BRAVE TO STORY- [v1.20] [Whale]

1. 4.00 star(s)

soldieroffortune813

So, I really liked how different the map felt to most RPG maker games, what with it being hand-drawn, and the combat was fairly solid, too. I felt it needs the difficulty boost from hard mode if you're used to JRPGs, which you can only unlock after beating the game once (just grab the save file from the comment on page 10 if you want challenging combat).

The lewd scenes weren't bad, but there weren't many of them, and about a third are defeat scenes with another third being alternate scenes that you only unlock for beating the game.

The game isn't too long, and if you want something that's good but not great to pass the time, give it a shot. I'll also note that the game has two sequels, Ark of Artemis and Ultimate Angel Zarakiel, which have different developers listed for them for whatever reason.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

YuriFan!

It's unbelivable that this game has 500 reviews in steam! Like... Really?
    Combat - you can play with your eyes closed.
    The heroine is 1D.
    Plot = eternal Ctrl.
    HCG - mostly GameOvers
    The only plus - the developers knew that they would not be able to create an interesting world, so they replaced the typical pixel landscapes with drawn maps.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Regula

It's a pretty good game. Definitely not good as a H-game, this is more like a monster girl quest scenario where you start playing for obvious reasons but end up getting invested OR deleting the game.
    So yeah, it's good fun for a few hours. You won't end up wetting your underwear though.
    I feel like I should mention I really disliked the ending of this though. The game kind of ends up throwing the idea it's been pushing towards us out of the window, I thought they were baiting for a NG+ for the actual ending but nope! Turns out it is what it is, I'm off to the sequel now.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

walkthrough4FREE-GUY

I am here to have fun, and not be bombarded with FEELS
    GENERALLY, THIS GAME IS QUITE FUN TO TRY OUT.you feel as if it boring but you can pretty interesting story going around everyone.
    i regret i sleeping on this one for a long time.
    this game is mechanic is more of a defence till you know what coming.
    it true, the combat mechanic is rather consistently and no big brain required but it allows you to try out some stuff.
    this is more of a , figuring out when to deal dmg and not getting massive dmg on you.

PS : I WAITING FOR THE SEQUEL . WHY YOU DO THIS GAME DEVELOPER (I know the alt sequel, i might try that for other time)

BUT I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPEN TO SILL !!!!
  5. 4.00 star(s)

pastiche

So at first glance you couldn't tell this is was RPGM, that's enough to ease most people in, but it's hard to call this game fresh or unique since it follows almost every convention of RPGM games with a heavier yuri lean. The developer is known as Whale, and according to DLsite this is their first game title.

Story: The protagonist of this game is an adventuring girl named Sill, Shill, Syl, Shiru, or whatever the MTL says her name is in the dialogue box at that current moment, goes on a quest in the Imperial Territory. I'd dock points for bad MTL, but point ratings are kind of arbitrary to begin with and we've all come to grips with MTL being uniformly bad. Basically we have a case of nomad adventurer solving problems. The plot happens in arcs, with basically no consistent theme and recurring characters, so it feels like playing a game at an anime's pace.

Art: The CGs vary heavily in quality, you'll get some beautiful art for some, concept art for others, and some will be text based with nude character idle portraits. The art is pretty high quality for a relatively unknown new studio, it's not Xelvy, John K Pe-ta, or Itou Life, but it's pretty great for what it is, there just needs to be more of it.

Every character has a unique portrait, the world map is drawn by Whale, and the character art varies in quality somewhat, but never enough where it seems out of place. Also, Shiru's combat sprite is very well done, it even has a spats option.

Gameplay: The game is centered around building tech points and unleashing them with a magic sword attack, while this is a pretty novel way of using the tech/mana RPGM resource split your assortment of skills is reduced to one or two buff/debuff skills, items, and spamming your most recent magic sword skill.

Defending is a quick way to heal and build tech, and because of this the only attributes worth buffing are health and agility, because of the game's ATB you can time your defense to block every hit and strike with impunity. Overall, a very innovative take on tired RPGM mechanics, that kind of drags in the later stages of the game.

There is a point where you realize that you're playing an RPGM game, the combat isn't terrible but the stock assets rear their heads once again. The stock assets are stretched to fit the game's unique resolution, many of the stock particle effects suffer from the same issue. Most of the bosses are stretch to the point where the tearing is noticeable at a passing glance.

Whale intended a sequel to this game, and it'll be interesting to see where they take this IP, so show some love if you liked this game.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

smithsmithsmith

Stock standard fem protag hrpg, but with some very strange story direction. Combat wise it uses the system where agility decides how often you can attack, and there's a little bit of strategy with skills doing more at higher TP levels, but it's never very complex. The map is very nicely done though. Instead of the usual rpgmaker tilesets we have a custom drawn map with a bunch of points of interest, which you can interact with at your leisure. No random encounters, and even some hidden things to find early on, though that aspect sadly vanishes by the third quest, rip pickaxe.

The sex scenes are mostly game over rape for the various bosses, with some variants based on... I have no idea what. There's a button to auto unlock everything after the final boss, so it's not a huge issue. There's also a few scenes dotted around the various maps, marked with a heart icon instead of the usual orb. On the whole they're nicely drawn, and the translation doesn't butcher them too badly.

The real weirdness comes in the story, as a side note big old spoilers ahead so if that bothers you, there's your warning. It starts off very standard, new adventurer in town, good guild won't take you, so you join a lesser known guild. Not that it matters, since both guilds apparently get their jobs from the same source and you're right into an orc extermination alongside the other guild for your first mission.

Everything goes as expected, you kill some orcs, rescue some townsfolk, then get to the boss and it's a forced loss. Then everyone you've saved gives you a pat on the back and spams heal on you till you win. This is so out of the blue I wondered for a while if the game was just super short and this was the final boss, but no it's just the first quest. The second quest is much the same, normal up to the boss then everyone chips in and it's near impossible to lose, it's bizarre. The third quest has you meet the boss in the first few encounters, it's a demon unicorn that wants to marry the pc, and you fight him about 5 times with no real change in mechanics, though at least it's possible to lose this time.

I didn't really cover the story for quest 2 and 3, but it's pretty simple stuff. Monster is terrorising area X, go kill monster. There's a little drama around side characters, but nothing really important. Quests 4 and 5 are much the same, but then quest 6 is weird. We meet a new character, a dragon hunter, and we climb a volcano to kill a dragon. We find out part way that there's actually two dragons, upon reaching the summit we meet one, who agrees to help us kill the other. We kill him, and return to the town at the base of the volcano only to find that during the climb down the amiable dragon who helped us has slaughtered the town. So we climb back up and he basically says "gotta eat something yo", and the main character cries a lot because this dragon she exchanged maybe 12 lines of dialogue with was apparently very special to her. You kill him and he turns into a sword because reasons.

Then for the finale, you go home and the town gets invaded by angels who start killing everyone. You beat up the dragon hunter lady from the 5th quest who was apparently evil, then get a forced loss vs her boss ms loli red dragon. While almost dead the dragon sword exposits all over you about the ancient war that got mentioned a couple times and how all the gods are now animals and how he's a god but he's cursed and oh god what the hell is this nonsense. So she kills her guilt over her parents dying, turns into a demon, reincarnates and kills ms red dragon, then gets on a boat to be continued.

I feel like the writer had an idea for a big epic story half way through making this and just couldn't contain themselves and decided to smash it into the last hour rather than pace it properly, or devote a whole game to it. Which is a shame because it still kind of works, it's just horribly rushed. It's still worth a play, especially if it gets picked up for a proper translation at some point. This version isn't too bad, but it messes up pronouns more than a trump supporter at a pride rally, and has the occasional moment of gibberish.

TLDR 4/5. Gameplay is good, scenes are nice if you like game over rape, story is a bit half baked but still fine, translation is workable.