Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
One of the very few games that make me genuinely sad when I'm done with the update, love the game.
Quick question though, idk if it's just me, but why does Holly's hair look so silky and just better rendered than the rest? I've developed this thing for really nicely rendered hair in these games and when the hair texture looks kind of like straw/hay or like brush strokes it kind of puts me off, but Holly's hair looks really good compared to everyone else's.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Why will you nor game some more, maybe another babe who is not holli,
so you could see that babe grow on you?

One of the very few games that make me genuinely sad when I'm done with the update, love the game.
Quick question though, idk if it's just me, but why does Holly's hair look so silky and just better rendered than the rest? I've developed this thing for really nicely rendered hair in these games and when the hair texture looks kind of like straw/hay or like brush strokes it kind of puts me off, but Holly's hair looks really good compared to everyone else's.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

If you havn't played the game yet please ignore this post. I wouldn't want to deprive anyone of something this good.

I just finished my Ch 5 Linda playthru and had a few more reflections on the game and the characters that I wanted to share.

Actually this was a Ch 4 and 5 playthru for me. I've taken to saving up one episode and then playing a couple at a time. The wait is horrendous but the longer playing time makes it worth it.

I've been in love with Linda since Ch 2. That first kiss scene really got to me so I've been looking forward to pursing her as an LI since the moment she entered the game. Something happened along the way though that changed my mind. It's not that I didn't enjoy her scene's as an LI, I did I thought they were really well done. It's just that in the course of these two chapters I've come to the realization that James (I'm tired of referring to the MC as MC, too impersonal. So I'll just use the default name, although my MC is named Geoffrey) doesn't really deserve Linda. Chris loves Linda more than James does and he's the one who should be with her. That scene where Chris join's James and Linda in the late night conversation showed me another side of Chris, a character I've always loved as the best friend that could ever be.

I've also decided to cancel my Lexi playthru. Originally, Cece, Linda and Lexi were my top choices for LI in this game. I like all of the LI's, a first for me in any game that I've played, but was only really interested in my top three. The Ch 5 scene's on the yacht and on the jet changed my mind again. The beauty of the friendship that develops between James and Alexandra (Lexi) in these scene's is so perfect and so satisfying that I just don't want to see any other relationship between these two.

I still love the Jaye cameo. I mentioned this in my last post on my Cece playthru. At that time I still hadn't played through the latest episode of Chasing Sunset's. Since then I have played that update and I can only say that CS and LoF are the two best VN's that I have ever played, even if they both have MC's with atrocious haircut's.

Sdorica_papi

Jul 28, 2018
Why will you nor game some more, maybe another babe who is not holli,
so you could see that babe grow on you?
Well actually, Lexi is my number one pick, but I have been going back and playing for Cece and Steph and maybe Holly since I guess she is getting a route developed for her in the future. Linda, Kira and Robin aren't my cup of tea tho

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

If you havn't played the game yet please ignore this post. I wouldn't want to deprive anyone of something this good.

I just finished my Ch 5 Linda playthru and had a few more reflections on the game and the characters that I wanted to share.

Actually this was a Ch 4 and 5 playthru for me. I've taken to saving up one episode and then playing a couple at a time. The wait is horrendous but the longer playing time makes it worth it.

I've been in love with Linda since Ch 2. That first kiss scene really got to me so I've been looking forward to pursing her as an LI since the moment she entered the game. Something happened along the way though that changed my mind. It's not that I didn't enjoy her scene's as an LI, I did I thought they were really well done. It's just that in the course of these two chapters I've come to the realization that James (I'm tired of referring to the MC as MC, too impersonal. So I'll just use the default name, although my MC is named Geoffrey) doesn't really deserve Linda. Chris loves Linda more than James does and he's the one who should be with her. That scene where Chris join's James and Linda in the late night conversation showed me another side of Chris, a character I've always loved as the best friend that could ever be.

I've also decided to cancel my Lexi playthru. Originally, Cece, Linda and Lexi were my top choices for LI in this game. I like all of the LI's, a first for me in any game that I've played, but was only really interested in my top three. The Ch 5 scene's on the yacht and on the jet changed my mind again. The beauty of the friendship that develops between James and Alexandra (Lexi) in these scene's is so perfect and so satisfying that I just don't want to see any other relationship between these two.

I still love the Jaye cameo. I mentioned this in my last post on my Cece playthru. At that time I still hadn't played through the latest episode of Chasing Sunset's. Since then I have played that update and I can only say that CS and LoF are the two best VN's that I have ever played, even if they both have MC's with atrocious haircut's.
How you feel about Lexi seems to be how I feel about all the girls. I like all of them them a lot, but I'm just not feeling a romantic relationship with any of them. It's a shame the game forces us to choose one in Chapter 4, especially when they are so underused in Chapter 5.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
I had no emotional connection to Lexi at all, or Linda, or nearly everyone else for that fact. With the real-life issues I share with Cece, it was SOOO easy to connect with her. The Robin/Kira thing wasn't interesting at all. Linda is better for Chris, Lexi and Steph were "eh" to me so I was indifferent towards them.

After Cece, I like Holly the most, but I am not going to break Cece's heart for Holly. I like how she looks and her interactions with the MC in Chapter 5 were really good to me. Got a good laugh from her about Jan with the faces and comments she made. For some reason, her smile, and some of her looks remind me of Jill (it's been a long time since I mentioned that name) so maybe that's why I like her..?

Anyway, just didn't feel anything for anyone else. Got the Cece lightning bolt to the heart right off the bat.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
How you feel about Lexi seems to be how I feel about all the girls. I like all of them them a lot, but I'm just not feeling a romantic relationship with any of them. It's a shame the game forces us to choose one in Chapter 4, especially when they are so underused in Chapter 5.
Like I said I fell in love with Linda right off, and feel the same about Cece. All the girl's in the game are equally lovable to me, I only down ranked Robin and Kira because they are already together, I have no interest in a three way relationship, and I don't want to split them apart.

As to the choices, Drifty has already roadmapped to the Patron's that the story is only going for 8 chapters. The choices need to be made now, although I could agree with a path where James makes no choice and remains single. That would certainly be groundbreaking in an AVN.

Reactions: Andrew Rider

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
0x52_URM cheats (WIP)

mc flirty/sporty/romance stats // girl xp

Screenshot_1.png

choices detection/outcome

Screenshot_2.png

extract attached file to *\game folder
!always save before edit!

open mod with alt+m
click the little open folder icon right upper
load a .urm file

how to use : Link

Rename (nearly) everyone,watch this tut ->>

create your own "gallery" (label search) how to --> Link

i recommend always to play the game one time without cheats to understand gamemechanics

mod should work with future updates

this mod does not modify any game files

!use at own risk! - dont complain to dev´s /modder about broken saves/gamestates
(look for a updated 0x52_urm.rpa file every month or 2 at link above, thanks to 0x52
if you like the URM Mod consider support 0x52 -->
)

Last edited:

UserNed

Mar 18, 2019
Like I said I fell in love with Linda right off, and feel the same about Cece. All the girl's in the game are equally lovable to me, I only down ranked Robin and Kira because they are already together, I have no interest in a three way relationship, and I don't want to split them apart.

As to the choices, Drifty has already roadmapped to the Patron's that the story is only going for 8 chapters. The choices need to be made now, although I could agree with a path where James makes no choice and remains single. That would certainly be groundbreaking in an AVN.
Totally agree. I think the variations of the ladies in the game is its real strength. They all have an actual character and we can find a point of connection with any one, or more of them, and thereby care what happens to them throughout the game.

I've tried most of the paths and liked 'em all in some way. At first Linda didn't do much for me, but then I learned more about her and found more satisfaction in that relationship. Robin and/or Kira were a little intriguing Kira more so for me. Steph was actually the least compelling for me. That was probably due to the compelling way her departure/betrayal was layed out. Both Lexi and Cece need the MC in real ways. Lexi needs a connection to reality while Cece is soooo compelling I almost shied away from her because of just how powerful that situation is. But, she's so darn cute and lovably quirky.

I agree with many other poster and think a harem would suck in this situation. But, that's the beauty of saves, unlike life, I can make a choice; find out all that is wonderful in it and then go back and make a different one and see how that goes.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Totally agree. I think the variations of the ladies in the game is its real strength. They all have an actual character and we can find a point of connection with any one, or more of them, and thereby care what happens to them throughout the game.

I've tried most of the paths and liked 'em all in some way. At first Linda didn't do much for me, but then I learned more about her and found more satisfaction in that relationship. Robin and/or Kira were a little intriguing Kira more so for me. Steph was actually the least compelling for me. That was probably due to the compelling way her departure/betrayal was layed out. Both Lexi and Cece need the MC in real ways. Lexi needs a connection to reality while Cece is soooo compelling I almost shied away from her because of just how powerful that situation is. But, she's so darn cute and lovably quirky.

I agree with many other poster and think a harem would suck in this situation. But, that's the beauty of saves, unlike life, I can make a choice; find out all that is wonderful in it and then go back and make a different one and see how that goes.
Yeah but the thing about this story is that you CAN connect with all the LI's without jumping into bed with them. That's what is so beautiful about this story.

STNeish

Mar 20, 2020
Say, I downloaded this (AWESOME work, by the way), and I noticed there's a scene with a redhead named Jaye... that is rather familiar.

Is that meant to be the same Jaye from Chasing Sunsets?

Darkness65

Jun 6, 2018
Say, I downloaded this (AWESOME work, by the way), and I noticed there's a scene with a redhead named Jaye... that is rather familiar.

Is that meant to be the same Jaye from Chasing Sunsets?
Yep. It's a cameo/homage of Jaye. The Lexi selfie also appears in the latest update from Chasing Sunsets. The homage runs both ways.

Reactions: MV_1999

Rubbishcoder

Feb 7, 2018
How do you get the code for Robin's Dildo at Lexi's house? I figure its the 4 digits in her handle but the game just skips over any chance to input anything and Cece appears.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

Yeah, I'm aware of the story schedule. I'm just worried the people who complained things were being rushed may have been right, because most of the relationships don't feel like they're at the point the story needs them to be - at least not as romances.

Steph's relationship works if you can get past her backstory. We'd already heard a lot about their old relationship (and seen snippets of it), so we have a decent idea of the base dynamic. We saw them reconnect in chapter 4 and got a sample of how things have changed or stayed the same in Chapter 5. So while it's very fast paced, I think we've seen enough to feel invested in the couple - again, assuming you can forgive Steph's previous behavior. (Which I can; my problem is that I just can't take the agent panda jokes seriously. Really kills the mood.)

Cece's relationship probably works too, if you can get past the idea of romancing her before helping her deal with her emotions. Unfortunately, I really can't; romancing her at this point just seems like an epic disaster waiting to happen and I can't stop focusing on that. Cece's friendship path just seems so much more logical at this stage.

For the other characters, I just don't think we've seen enough to make the romances work. Lexi's has a great start in Chapter 4, but it runs aground on Holly this time out. The end result is that it feels like Lexi and the MC don't quite know what they want or how to discuss it, which is a terrible way to start off a long distance relationship. As you said, I think the friendship route works better here, too.

Linda's romance has been criminally underwritten. The establishment of her friendship with the MC was damn near perfect, but that winds up working against her now because there's just no catalyst for the two of them to suddenly switch into a romance. Linda gets bad news, drop her phone, the MC comforts her - it's all reasonable, but it's the same sort of thing that has been happening since Chapter 2. So why does it suddenly lead to the two not just having sex, but (apparently) screwing each other's brains out for the remainder of the vacation? It winds up making their new relationship look painfully shallow. We really needed time to see the two reflect on the change and how they feel about it before we move on. That's going to be very hard to do next time since Linda's story needs to share time with 3 others AND still work on the friendship path.

And Robin and/or Kira's romance just collapsed in Chapter 5. Like you, I found the 3-way relationship option to feel extremely artificial. But I was intrigued by the solo routes in Chapter 4. While I hate the idea of breaking them up, the game actually presents it as less a conscious choice and more a recognition that meeting the MC has already set the events in motion. That meant the solo paths felt genuine, as though adults were trying to find a solution to a complicated situation, which gave them an unusual dramatic weight in comparison to the other romance options.

Unfortunately, Chapter 5 ruined that by a) retroactively proving that Kira and Robin's relationship was much stronger and more meaningful than they suggested in Chapter 4, b) skipping straight over the 'adults trying to find a solution' phase to 'MC and [chosen girl(s)] are a happy couple with no problems' phase in the blink of an eye, c) illustrating that that do, in fact, have a rather serious problem, and d) ignoring that problem so the MC can spend more time with Lexi. Not good. Far less than the two deserve.

So I'm sort of stuck in limbo at the moment. If the game did have a platonic friendship route I'd go with that. As is I'm really not feeling any of the options, which is just bizarre in a game where I like all the LIs.

Reactions: Andrew Rider
May 31, 2018
Can't think of any other game that makes me cry, go full mast, happy, then back to cry. Along with great music choice and visuals. It made me think about life and reflect back, which now that I think about it is weird. But hey, the light after despair shines the brightest.
Thank you, Drifty for making an amazing story and game.

4.80 star(s) 553 Votes