VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Leap of Faith [Ch. 8 v1.0.3] [DriftyGames]

1. 5.00 star(s)

despot444

Games with really good MC so rare. When I find one, I enjoy much more than usual "bang them all" style games.

Game has very good characters, especially MC and other side characters with their unique backgrounds. Everyone should try this game.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Wanderer_fr

I like having the choice to be a gentleman or not.
    There are many possible choices that will determine your personality and whether to open new paths.
    The story is interesting, with humor, and much darker slices of life.
    The renderings are good and the soundtrack is excellent.
    I can't wait for the next chapter and I plan to support this game if the good work continues.

Added comment from the ch4 part : dude, I hate you : you made me cry.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

aob86

This game is one of the best i have ever played on F95, this game has the potential to be just as good if not better than even the likes of being a DIK ETC even tho its only 2 episodes in. the women in it are good looking but not like some where they are all supermodels and they all have there own issues which makes them more human. the stand out women is cece a beautiful but troubled women who you save her life in ep 1 and you start to help her in ep 2 and looks to be something which will continue in future episodes, i know i have fallen for her and i see alot of comments saying similar things about her too.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Rydl3r

The game combines a lot of different story pieces of other popular games on this site, such as Acting Lessons, Summer's Gone etc, but takes only the best things from them. Characters are adorable, and you really like them. Although there is only 2 chapters available now, this definitely goes into my watchlist.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

KillerPanda

This honestly came as quite the pleasant surprise.
    The writing has some quite good humour that actually got a couple of good chuckles out of me.
    There are some heavy subjects in her too, and while I don't know how well they'll handle it in the future, it seems that it's taken seriously so far.
    The animation quality is good, a lot better than what I've seen in a lot of other games, and there's a lot of movement so the characters feel more alive.
    The pacing of the game is also great, giving you at least 1 scene per episode, but also tantalising you for more later.
    I look forward to seeing more of this.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

RandyPhoenix

Good Points
    + Our game storytelling is pretty good.
    + We have warm and beautiful story content and plot.
    + MC is really funny, cool, and odd guy. I found myself in him a little bit. That dancing moves with bunny slippers makes me LOL
    + Loveable character developments.
    + We have lots of amazing musics.

Bad Points
    - General quality (Art/Render and animations etc) needs to improve
    - Art/Render style itself is not good for women/girls drawings. I mean MC looks great and unique but girls/women are not that attractive and need some changes, especially in their faces.
    - Sex scenes are not that great for two reasons: First reason is about the latest bad point I told and the second reason is chosen animated positions being.
    - There are parts in the story that make you feel angry and annoyed and the story could be far better without them.

For The End
    ''This is a really good game and I loved it. Just need some work and will be amazing. I hope you will make this game better and more amazing. I wish you luck.'' this was my comment a year ago and I was hoping DEV will fix the bad points I told but it's not happened... My rate was 4 and I was hoping to raise it to 5 stars with improvements but now I'm gonna do the exact opposite of what I hoped, I'm gonna decrease the rating to 3 stars and gonna say: its great game with a great story and characters but its not good adult game you can let out some steam. It's only good for the story and characters themselves and not for lewd content.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

MrFriendly

Very few games start as strong as "Leap of Faith" has and I am excited to see where Drifty takes the story. In the first chapter we are introduced to our MC, a man who still mourns the end of his previous relationship with a woman named Steph. In the first chapter we meet quite a few interesting characters with distinct personalities, there is no confusing any of these characters for each other as will often happen in lesser games.

Pros: Great renders, characters with personality, mysteries to resolve, and a story that draws you in.

Cons: Some typos and misspellings (easily fixed), it was difficult accomplishing a task in the time allotted because there weren't enough clues as to when or how to do it (since improved).

Overall, this game has a lot of future potential. It is down to the writing and how quickly the updates come. Quite a number of games are ending in the next month and this could easily slide in and gain a lot of attention. Highly recommended.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

JerryC

That was a great surprise! It's very well done, full of humor, got interesting stuff going... What I liked the most is that each girl has her own appeals, that doesn't resemble others. Very good thought of characters, which is a rare thing around here.

Recommended!
  9. 5.00 star(s)

ninetofive

This is the first review I've done for a game on here, because this game really deserves it.

+ Story: well written, believable, interesting characters, both sad and funny, awesome work.
    + Presentation: the game looks very slick and the music is great. Animations are good.
    + Gameplay: nice and straightforward but with some of the more advanced stuff we see in games like this such as phone/tasks.
    + Girls: the girls are all intriguing and pretty hot. I do think some of the girls could use a makeover (Robin, Linda) but for a first game the models are decent.
    + Updates: game was updated within 2 months of first release and both updates were extremely high quality.

The dev here is obviously very talented and motivated to be pushing out content for this game faster and of higher quality than most devs can, even those working as a team. He deserves a ton more support than he's getting at the moment. Slap an incest tag on this game and it would have 10x the amount of hype/Patreons it's currently getting.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

jranderson3224

Version reviewed - 0.2

My new favorite game by far. If you like visual novels, humor, and amazing models, download this game and support the Dev. And do NOT mute your sound. The music enhances this game soo much, even compared to some of the other big established games out there. This is the only VN I've actually loaded up after completing just to watch some scenes again, not even sexual scenes!

This game will pull at your heartstrings and has excellent pacing. There are a few H-scenes although it's not a fap fest (yet). I can only hope this game stays on its current path and that the Dev continues to do his/her own thing. 5/5 stars.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Sharzii シャルジイ

+ Great Renders. A whole lot of effort has been put in the animation part
    +Characters are unique and related. There are many characters and possibly various love interests
    +Story is neither too linear nor too complicated. Has a slice of life approach at times as well. But overall, the immersion is satisfactory
    +Music used in the game is top-notch. It really goes well with the game.
    +Writing, Dialogues and Humor could improve a little but its not much of an issue really except for a few grammatical errors.
    10/10 would recommend.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

LouWill

Point blank, the best new game on this site. Strong Acting Lessons vibes, all the way from living with 2 girls, having a goofy best friend TO songs that tug on your heart strings. Love all the unique characters. The choices feel impactful.

Zero complaints. Can't wait for what's next.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Prj3tC

Finally, characters with depth and stories to tell!
    The artwork is excellent overall, the attention to details (artwork and gamewise overall) is very good!
    Not to mention the goofy humour.
    Definitely something to see and to follow!
  14. 5.00 star(s)

lockhear

Wow.. This game is a very nice surprise for me. And it'll get 5 stars from me. Just the fact it's not filled with 10 years old shotas fucking everything in sight is for Pulitzer prize. Jokes on every corner and easy adult fun and laugh worked perfectly for me. Nice renders, interesting story development and Ren'Py engine ticked all boxes. I hope that plague of diseases, finding God, mortality, family problems, real life problems and all those shit what affects 95% of game developers will avoid DriftyGames! Good Luck mate! I've enjoyed first 2 episodes of your game very much. It warmed my heart.
    Ernest Hemingway would said "Fucking brilliant!"
  15. 5.00 star(s)

GleenXstudio

---- Characters : (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)
    ---- Renders/Graphisms : (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)
    Cool, very cool. The MC is cool. The guy friend is cool. The chicks are cool.
    Ok, ok... and stunning too, that's what you wanted to hear eh
    Ok, ok... and interesting too, girls like to hear that, flattery leads you everywhere ;)

---- Story/Writing : (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)
    ---- Background/Atmosphere/Humor : (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)
    At first it can seem nothing special, classic piece of life. But it is so well written that it becomes interesting somehow. Nothing extremely original, but a very nice story to follow.
    Oh and I have to talk about the funnyness of this game. The funnilyness...the funnyfullness....whatever... this game is FUNNY, Got it ?? :pEven hilarious at times.
    Oh and I have to talk about the musicness of this game. The musiclyness...the musicfullness...whatever...this game is MUSIC, Got it ?? Er... :unsure:

---- Animations : :):):):)
    ---- Sex scenes : (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)
    Guys and girls (who knows ?), fear not ! The dev still did have some power left for animations. Although they are not the best you can find here, they are smooth and good enough so you won't be able to complain about this :sneaky:. The atmosphere and context built during sex scenes are quite well done. It is not just pure emotionless action, on the contrary the feeling are well shown in this game, be it during the story or the intimate actions.

---- Gameplay : :unsure::unsure::unsure:
    ---- Contents/Updates : (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)
    In leaps of faith, you can play a Racing car game : FanTurismo. Hey you didn't expect that, did you ?
    Overall smooth VN with some little choices and little stats, nothing complicated, no waste of time. Some bonus and alternative scenes.
    Contents are worth a few hours of play, and you will want to repeat some stuff very often.

What are you still reading this for ?? Download it already ! You surely don't want to miss that ! :)
  16. 5.00 star(s)

BigLurker

Damn, was expecting another average game. I usually skip 0.1's, but try 0.2's. And wow, this game is something else.

If we are going for a rating system:

10/10 models, different, fun and all kinds. Great choices and well made. But I dont care about models if they dont have a story to them. And they all do. Step by step you get to know them. You do not start with 20, thank god, but they go more in depth. I like that.

10/10 story, so far, I am very intrigued. Emotional, funny, cool, friendships, and you have a position to help. Not another shitty teen story where you get to fuck your family. Keep it up! But do not overdo it. Looking at you Acting lessons and Dik. Stories are great, but keep it real and give us a choice. :)

10/10 Choices. Dialogue and choices feel real. They are really a big aspect of this game. Where other games are up to par when it comes to quality, the dialogue and choices, give this game the edge. Nobody likes games where you are forced to do something stupid, while seeing it from miles away. Keep that up as well.

Another big aspect of this game are the eyes. Feelings man, no lifeless models here. I do, in some cases, feel the eyes of the MC can get an upgrade though.

This game is up my top list, it needs to be on the first page of the five star weighted list.

Recommended!
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Lexrah

Love the story and the characters involved! The relations with theem seems genuine and the Nuke thing is great. I wish this game keeps being as good as it is right now, I think it is one of the best I've played so far.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Eiffel

This game has everything! It has humor, it has drama and most important, it keeps my right hand plenty occupied :BootyTime:

I might have to edit this in the future, but for now... Fuck Stephanie

Excellent game "DriftyGames" you've earned yourself another patreon :)

Edit:

We did fuck Stephanie in the end, but i still hate her 3 years later...:HideThePain:
  19. 5.00 star(s)

akenedy

The writing in the game is excellent. The dialogue feels natural and is interesting to read, the characters are fleshed out and very likable with gradually unveiling backstory to them as you get to know them better. And the story so far is great it has drama, humor, and heartwarming moments as well as plenty of dialogue choices and a phone system with various functions relating to the story. The visuals are good, the characters are very expressive and have likable appearances and good design, but the animations are at times a bit stiff.

Overall an excellent adult VN with plenty of great characters and very well written dialogue.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

yanon1999

Definitely a solid game so far. Renders are fantastic without being super over-the-top and look like real people. Dialogue is very solid, feels like a real conversation, and the chemistry between characters is also great. Not at all grindy, and you feel pretty immersed in the story.