4.80 star(s) 90 Votes

Impious Monk

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2021
How far into the novel are we going to have the conversation of it just being the two of us?
Hi Rannell. Are you asking if I will ever reconsider making it a harem game? I don't think having a harem would really match with either the tone of the game or MC's personality, so I can say with finality you can either choose one woman or no women, but there will be no multi-women ending.

That woman with black hair looks so ... fresh. I mean the model.
I'm glad you like her. I had a couple of earlier versions of Aghavni where I was trying to create a LI that was clearly Armenian, but I scrapped my last one after finding a Daz asset creator called Vicey3D. Aghavni is a custom character built mostly off Vicey3D's models.

Well, as demos go it's not bad at all so far. The MC isn't the typical pervy teen stereotype you see in so many other games which is a huge plus.

This is very short as stated and the lack of player agency has me worried right now. If this is the first part of part one is it safe to assume that this will be a very short game overall? Also it says that the one choice is important but the scene plays out the same way regardless it only adds a variable of her or the player being interested. Does something as insignificant as not saying "Hey" to a random girl lock you out of her path indefinitely? If it does I'm not sure how to feel about that.

A few suggestion, I guess. The hard pauses really slow things down with how often they're used. You have to click a lot to keep things moving so maybe a delayed pause would be better, like $ renpy.pause(2) or something rather than a hard. Also is Rockford relevant to the plot? If it isn't it would be very easy to allow the player to set their desired surname for more immersion.

All things considered I'll be keeping my eye on this one.
Thanks Skeltom, I really appreciate all the feedback. I do promise that there will be a significant amount of choices to make in this game and almost all of them have an impact on later variables. So far parts one through four of the game are scripted and my guess is there are probably around twenty choices so far. By the last part of the game you will have some very different paths available that go beyond just picking which woman to end up with.

The choice to say hello to the blonde woman is there because I assume some players will want to immediately register their disinterest in her. There will be similar choices with the other LI's. I do also think it's realistic to end her romance path there because if a woman stops to smile and flirt and I deliberately blow her off, mentally she'll dismiss me as a romantic partner and I'm probably not getting a second chance.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will definitely consider them.

not sure those pics should be in the preview, this should be text in the dev note
I agree with you, actually, but I've noticed a lot of people skip the dev notes and I want to make sure players see those comments before they download the game and then feel like they wasted their time. Maybe I can find a better way to solve that issue than clogging up the previews.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Hi Rannell. Are you asking if I will ever reconsider making it a harem game? I don't think having a harem would really match with either the tone of the game or MC's personality, so I can say with finality you can either choose one woman or no women, but there will be no multi-women ending.

I'm glad you like her. I had a couple of earlier versions of Aghavni where I was trying to create a LI that was clearly Armenian, but I scrapped my last one after finding a Daz asset creator called Vicey3D. Aghavni is a custom character built mostly off Vicey3D's models.

Thanks Skeltom, I really appreciate all the feedback. I do promise that there will be a significant amount of choices to make in this game and almost all of them have an impact on later variables. So far parts one through four of the game are scripted and my guess is there are probably around twenty choices so far. By the last part of the game you will have some very different paths available that go beyond just picking which woman to end up with.

The choice to say hello to the blonde woman is there because I assume some players will want to immediately register their disinterest in her. There will be similar choices with the other LI's. I do also think it's realistic to end her romance path there because if a woman stops to smile and flirt and I deliberately blow her off, mentally she'll dismiss me as a romantic partner and I'm probably not getting a second chance.

I agree with you, actually, but I've noticed a lot of people skip the dev notes and I want to make sure players see those comments before they download the game and then feel like they wasted their time. Maybe I can find a better way to solve that issue than clogging up the previews.
That good to hear. It still fells off about locking her out just by that. It's like a do or die moment that throws a wrench into the works right from the get go. How could anyone know if they are interested or not at that point? The player would almost have to base the interest solely on her looks because you know absolutely nothing about her at that point. That and it's scripted to where you literally save her from being raped. If that doesn't earn you some brownie points with her then there is something wrong. :)

Impious Monk

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2021
That good to hear. It still fells off about locking her out just by that. It's like a do or die moment that throws a wrench into the works right from the get go. How could anyone know if they are interested or not at that point? The player would almost have to base the interest solely on her looks because you know absolutely nothing about her at that point. That and it's scripted to where you literally save her from being raped. If that doesn't earn you some brownie points with her then there is something wrong. :)
Those are good points. I'll have to think about whether that choice really needs to be there when I release Part One.
Edit: Or I guess what I should reconsider is the long-term effect of that choice.

DonkeyFace

Dec 24, 2017
Just some quick comments after playing it.
Pro's
It's intelligently written, a mature MC, atmospheric music that triggers at the appropriate times, No Harem, The ladies all look unique and attractive (i really like their substantial differences in height). Just based on the looks of the 4 main LI's, it'll be tough to choose. I hope we'll be able to test the waters a bit with each of them before having to choose which one intrigues us the most. Posing is really good, facial expressions are excellent (especially Jamie's). Unique environments with a decent amount of props populating them. Not afraid to tackle darker themes (I'm looking for an immersive piece of entertainment that will leave a lasting impression, not a disneyland experience).

Con's
Only 1 choice so far (But hey, it's just a demo)
Found a couple of flaws in a few renders. (but I don't want to nit pick too much, because overall they are very well done).

Very nice start. Now I'm itching for more.

Rannell

Jul 29, 2020

Actually I am completely fine with that. I was just wondering if you were going to make us choose before the end and it sounds like who you want will be at the end after you get to know them, so that is great.

cate.archer

Apr 26, 2021
Hello Impious Monk :
I've played the Demo and must say, really good work. The Models of the Girls are most beauties and the Model of the MC is really sympathically and I can full identify with him. This is a point which is very important for me in a VN.
I hope the Story goes on in this way and look really forward to the first update (or the real release) ! If that is the case, then you earn a new Patreon.......

Good Luck with the Game !

Reactions: Impious Monk

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
Impious Monk Is rape just part of the story/dialogue or will there be visuals like flashbacks, etc.. ?? spoiler your answer if need be thanks

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
This was really nice. Decent amount of content for a demo and lays down the groundwork of what is to come pretty well. Really enjoyed that. Look foward to seeing the full release. Best of luck and thanks! ;)

iC4v3M4n

Jul 19, 2020
Wow this looks really good honestly, makes me think of The Second Half again (hope you're ok out there somewhere olecramid), as in we get to play an actual functioning adult. Also really liking that red haired woman :love:

Will probably try it out tommorow as it's getting pretty late where i'm at, good luck with project Impious Monk (y)

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
Luis mentioned to the MC to pick a girl already, Jaime (very pretty tbh) Aghavni, or Seo-Jun. Is seo jun supposed to be the girl in the far right on the banner for the game? Or a completely unmet character? Im guessing unmet, the woman MC mentioned from the courthouse is likely to be the far right woman, while the short one from the basketball court is unnamed.

Any sneak peak to what seo-jun looks like?

4.80 star(s) 90 Votes