4.80 star(s) 96 Votes

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Games are never straight forward: where is the bewilderment in that?

How would you know you stand to meet a new possible Li when you go on a date with another Li?

Clairvoyance?

Do you believe in playing a game 20 times until this or that unrevealed fork in the plot would reveal itself, just to test out the theory that there might be other paths still not travelled, even if you deemed them uninteresting for yourself through all the straightforward other decisions you did during the game that far?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There are a lot of more subtle and plot fleshing out ways to do so:
Have either Jamie or her brother (whom we know knows MC as well as she does off screen) or the lawyer friend or his wife introduce new people for blind dates to MC ... have MC choose to not go on a date with a Li he does not find that interesting and go alone at a different time or in a different bar, where the underlying thought - it could even be a thought for MC himself - we would stand to meet new Lis and go on a brand new adventure with them.

Of course, this would flesh out the narrative, give MC more of a character development and hinder the mindblown revelation of being tottally surprised when suddenly MC gets to ditch his date for another girl right during the date itself .. for reasons .. it still speaks volume of the character or lack there of such a thing in a MC this desperate he would ditch emotional connection for carnal pleasure ...

The characters we get to see build on the character arc of Mc and are here to stay, not just dissapear in the woodwork.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017

How would you know you stand to meet a new possible Li when you go on a date with another Li?

Clairvoyance?

Do you believe in playing a game 20 times until this or that unrevealed fork in the plot would reveal itself, just to test out the theory that there might be other paths still not travelled, even if you deemed them uninteresting for yourself through all the straightforward other decisions you did during the game that far?

not every game is straight forward but most are and control skip and quick save / load makes it easy to check out choices so that I dont feel the need for a WT it's just my preference. I don't care if others like them or use them it's their choice

Acsuka

Mar 25, 2023

Clairvoyance?

You're being too strict I guess.... You're not a beginner gamer or commenter and still need to be reminded that these games aren't reality? These are just fictional stories created to entertain players...
And who has fun and how, not you and not me and no one else can decide...
It's up to you how you enjoy this fun... Do you want to use WT mod? Do it if that's what he needs... Is he playing blind? No problem... 100 saves and replays on every route? Who's bothering you? Certainly not me...
Let's give everyone freedom... Peace

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022

How do you feel about the game using a save warning screen before a choice that will have a major impact on the story? Just a black screen with text that says "Save Your Game."

The benefits of using such a screen include causing the player to think harder before making the choice and helping the player know what choice they need to reload if later on they realize they want a different outcome.

The drawbacks include possibly taking the player out of the immersive experience and potentially acting as a spoiler as well by letting the player know that the a choice which may not seem that important will in fact lead to some important different outcome later.

vote
I feel like a warning screen in a game like this would be wholly out of place.
Why? Because this game "forces" you to think about your choices, especially when it comes to that little detective minigame (rewards paying attention to dialogue, though the dev should consider alternate ways of solving those because the current guessing game of what exact words to use is not intuitive at all).

Having a huge warning screen to tell you that the next choice is critical should be apparent just from following the story. If you have to explicitly tell your players that they are about to make an important choice regarding anything, then you have probably failed to appropriately tell them that through the plot itself.

The same goes for romance in this game: the choices are both too obvious and obtuse in their meaning and consequences.
  • I think romance paths with the LIs should function on a score system, doing romantic actions with them (flirty dialogue options, revealing personal details) should add points to their score.
  • Only if you don't have enough points with a certain LI during a certain breaking-point moment in the main plot should their romance path officially end.
  • For example: Not having enough romance points with Jamie after a <insert plot development here> in say, episode 5, should mean you can't be flirty with her anymore and you don't get her ending either. She may still have a part to play in the plot going forward, but you are unable to romance her at all past that point (she has decided to move on from her crush on MC and is strictly treating him as a friend from there onwards).
Just my two cents, Impious Monk .

4.80 star(s) 96 Votes