4.70 star(s) 100 Votes

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
So we can't leave negative reviews cuz it might upset the dev, got it...:confused:
I mean if you are gonna leave a negative review for any game. Have a actual valid reasons and explain it. Not something stupid as they look like barbie dolls especially when they dont haha. One thing if it's not your personal preference but something subjective like that is no reason for 2 or 1 star review unless there are other things that are actually bad. I've seen alot of negative reviews where their reasons are mostly bullshit

AlexMpog

Oct 17, 2022
So we can't leave negative reviews cuz it might upset the dev, got it...:confused:
You're leaving review for both players and developer, for developer to improve the game if possible, for players - to know what to expect in a game. So it would be great to justify review and be fair.

By writing some BS like in that last review which is also a blatant lie you contribute nothing but bringing negative emotions to developer and deceiving other players.

Reactions: metamorphMP

Impious Monk

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2021
To be honest my comment wasn't even about badly written reviews, it was (in response to Dessolos having mentioned the reviewer was leaving negative reviews for multiple games) about people who build up their own self-esteem by shitting on other's people's work. If you read enough reviews, you'll see the same names of reviewers pop up over and over again just shitting on almost every game they play. Even if you look at games that are objectively amazing like Chasing Sunsets and Race of Life you'll see these same people leaving 2-star reviews. It's like the better the game is, the more of a self-esteem boost these reviewers get from pointing out to the world that actually it's not that good. In my opinion, such reviews are driven more by the reviewers need to build themselves up by tearing down other people's work, rather than an honest reaction to the game's value.

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
Yeah but you like it when 5* reviews are made, let's be honest this is not a 5* or 1* game but those who let the 5* review are the same like those with 1* but hey we don't say anything about those cuz they are praising the game...

Example of 5* review of your game: "Excellent! Mind-blowing, Fantastic, Legendary, Amazing, Jamie for life ! Amazing story, well-developed characters, well-researched and engaging scenes, beautiful renders, deep characters, fantastic side characters"

I mean c'mon man, really?!:ROFLMAO:
Also nice to see that all the 5* reviews have your like but not the 4* , and he say he's not upset...:WeSmart:

• Angry
Reactions: Dessolos

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Yeah but you like it when 5* reviews are made, let's be honest this is not a 5* or 1* game but those who let the 5* review are the same like those with 1* but hey we don't say anything about those cuz they are praising the game...

Example of 5* review of your game: "Excellent! Mind-blowing, Fantastic, Legendary, Amazing, Jamie for life ! Amazing story, well-developed characters, well-researched and engaging scenes, beautiful renders, deep characters, fantastic side characters"

I mean c'mon man, really?!:ROFLMAO:
Also nice to see that all the 5* reviews have your like but not the 4* , and he say he's not upset...:WeSmart:
I'm really wondering, what's a 5 star game in your opinion then?

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
Honestly, my opinion is that reviews, and particularly review bombs, are not worth fussing over. Like if an update drops and I see 3 or 4 review bombs all from people losing their shit over something stupid like an LI's virginity status, I immediately know that those reviews aren't worth paying attention to.

This VN already has 100 reviews and clearly people like it, so an occasional review bomb with really retarded reasons like that one isn't really going to hurt the VN. I mean no one is going to take that review seriously and if they do, then it's probably not the type of reader his dev is trying to appeal to anyway.

Bottom line, If I'm reading reviews and I see 1-stars, I'll read them and judge whether their reasons are valid or not, and if it's a dumb review I ignore it. So their 1-star is meaningless. I image other people are the same way. I sincerely doubt many people put much stock into reviews like that one.

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023
Honestly, my opinion is that reviews, and particularly review bombs, are not worth fussing over. Like if an update drops and I see 3 or 4 review bombs all from people losing their shit over something stupid like an LI's virginity status, I immediately know that those reviews aren't worth paying attention to.

This VN already has 100 reviews and clearly people like it, so an occasional review bomb with really retarded reasons like that one isn't really going to hurt the VN. I mean no one is going to take that review seriously and if they do, then it's probably not the type of reader his dev is trying to appeal to anyway.

Bottom line, If I'm reading reviews and I see 1-stars, I'll read them and judge whether their reasons are valid or not, and if it's a dumb review I ignore it. So their 1-star is meaningless. I image other people are the same way. I sincerely doubt many people actually trusts reviews like that one.
I don't even usually read reviews, unless someone points one out. They are so subjective anyway. I find I get more information searching threads for key words I want and don't want and reading a bit there.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I don't even usually read reviews, unless someone points one out. They are so subjective anyway. I find I get more information searching threads for key words I want and don't want and reading a bit there.
I mostly read them for a good laugh tbh. I don't trust reviews if I play a game or not. I've seen ones that praises a game and I hated it or vis versa. If I do read them I just use them as a baseline to get a general idea or feel for said game.

But anyways this game is amazing doesn't matter what a review says won't change my thoughts. I can't wait for the next update. This game probably one of the best games when it comes to story for me. Even the characters are well rounded to the point I really have a hard time deciding who is my favorite well besides the ex.

Reactions: Impious Monk

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023
I mostly read them for a good laugh tbh. I don't trust reviews if I play a game or not. I've seen ones that praises a game and I hated it or vis versa. If I do read them I just use them as a baseline to get a general idea or feel for said game.

But anyways this game is amazing doesn't matter what a review says won't change my thoughts. I can't wait for the next update. This game probably one of the best games when it comes to story for me. Even the characters are well rounded to the point I really have a hard time deciding who is my favorite well besides the ex.
Same, not interested in Aghavni, but love Malena, Emme & Jamie. Malena has her nose slightly in front at the current update point. :)

Reactions: Impious Monk

Das_Peanut

Oct 7, 2021
I understand these poor reviews made in bad faith must be fairly aggravating to the developer/artist/etc. Still, it seems to me that, all things told, they generally just cancel out the no-questions-asked-top-marks some people give out just to because they feel compelled to please. Besides, I'd assume everyone can spot one of these "jobsworth-reviewers" and just ignores their reviews when estimating if something is worth their time – just as much as they mostly ignore all the reviews that just go "this is great, 11/10, please love me" and offer no reasoning.
Then again, I have no evidence for this and may be roundly mistaken.

4.70 star(s) 100 Votes