4.80 star(s) 96 Votes

Havenless_

Oct 12, 2020
This game should be illegal. There can't possibly be a model as perfect as Jamie's. Putting aside her personality as a character (which I love) she is probably the most aesthetically beautiful model I've seen in all the visual novels I've played.

I don't know which model or character is the developer's favorite, but I get the impression that there is a loooooooot of work behind the modeling of all the girls. But, for me, Jamie is in another league.

Combining incredible renders, characters that feel alive and a hooking story in a way that is entertaining, fluid and leaves you wanting more is very, very difficult. Well, from my point of view, I think this game manages to do it all in a fucking outstanding way.

I can't say anything else but congratulations and sincere thanks for sharing your work with us.

camube

Jun 4, 2022
This game should be illegal. There can't possibly be a model as perfect as Jamie's. Putting aside her personality as a character (which I love) she is probably the most aesthetically beautiful model I've seen in all the visual novels I've played.

I don't know which model or character is the developer's favorite, but I get the impression that there is a loooooooot of work behind the modeling of all the girls. But, for me, Jamie is in another league.

Combining incredible renders, characters that feel alive and a hooking story in a way that is entertaining, fluid and leaves you wanting more is very, very difficult. Well, from my point of view, I think this game manages to do it all in a fucking outstanding way.

I can't say anything else but congratulations and sincere thanks for sharing your work with us.
I play AVN games for the story (really). I think adult scenes acts as spices and makes some stories more "realistic" because of it. So I don't really go thirsty over almost any games I played, any DAZ games.
There are exceptions but usually it isn't on DAZ games.

Aghavni is probably one of the rare few if not the only exception for DAZ games, lol. I'm thirsty over Aghavni and i'm gonna be honest, it feels weird to be thirsty over a 3D model.
I don't know what it is about her but she's hot

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I play AVN games for the story (really). I think adult scenes acts as spices and makes some stories more "realistic" because of it. So I don't really go thirsty over almost any games I played, any DAZ games.
There are exceptions but usually it isn't on DAZ games.
Same here tho I don't always play for story it's either story or characters never the sex scenes for me. Nice to see someone else that is similar over the last week or 2 when I look at some games on here I always see that one comment or review complain about not enough lewds, so it's refreshing to see another person that plays for the story but enjoys the lewds to give them story a more realistic feel or just to spice things up.

camube

Jun 4, 2022
Same here tho I don't always play for story it's either story or characters never the sex scenes for me. Nice to see someone else that is similar over the last week or 2 when I look at some games on here I always see that one comment or review complain about not enough lewds, so it's refreshing to see another person that plays for the story but enjoys the lewds to give them story a more realistic feel or just to spice things up.
people that like story games hang out here, https://f95zone.to/threads/story-first-games.86340/ (not my thread), feel free to check it out if when you have time

Reactions: GershGersh

Coaxmetal

Nov 29, 2019
Fucking hell what a perfect game – or at least the beginnings of one. Flawless storytelling, great writing, intriguing mystery, a good MC and hot girls. Everything. It's been a long while since I played a VN that struck every chord so perfectly. Just absolutely masterful job Impious Monk.

I was super team Jamie until Malena. God damn dev, why must you abuse a weakness for hard bodies like this! Gonna be a tough choice!

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Fucking hell what a perfect game – or at least the beginnings of one. Flawless storytelling, great writing, intriguing mystery, a good MC and hot girls. Everything. It's been a long while since I played a VN that struck every chord so perfectly. Just absolutely masterful job Impious Monk.

I was super team Jamie until Malena. God damn dev, why must you abuse a weakness for hard bodies like this! Gonna be a tough choice!
I actually cant decide which LI I like more in this game so far but Jame's background makes her the most interesting to me so far.

Reactions: Coaxmetal

anonx5

Jan 20, 2023
I was sold on Jaime during the time her and the MC are looking at the paintings, and her imagination visualizes her... a small petite woman.. as some kind of a female warrior from a Conan the Barbarian movie while the MC looks like her sidekick... even though IRL he is her is like her immediate supervisor lol.

Reactions: Impious Monk

Impious Monk

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2021
Hey everybody. Ren'py notifies a player every time they unlock one of the bonus renders in-game, but I didn't set up a notification for the bonus scenes which get unlocked at the end of the episode. I assumed everyone would find them anyway when they went to look for the bonus renders.

I've posted a poll to see whether I was correct. Thanks in advance for participating!

Reactions: bo77om

Impious Monk

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2021
I had kind of an exciting moment this morning I wanted to share and to say thank you for everyone who has rated Leaving DNA or otherwise helped to promote it.

Screenshot 2023-09-23 071927.png

Today Leaving DNA appears on the first page of "Latest Updates" when searching by weighted rating. While I don't know exactly what goes into the weighting, the ratings players leave is the biggest part of it. So now my game is being shown to F95 users next to some of the monster heavyweight Daz games like Chasing Sunsets, Love of Magic, and Depraved Awakening. It's super humbling because I know Leaving DNA is still far behind the quality that those games have produced, but it definitely is motivating and inspiring for me to keep working hard to try to accomplish what those developers have.

I know ratings on adult games are very, very subjective, but it really is rewarding to know that the game has been so well-received by this community. I knew when I was writing this story that it would always have limited appeal due to its themes and content, and with no prior experience either as a writer, artist, or programmer I didn't have a lot of confidence in my ability to make a great game. I never, EVER thought it would be as popular as it's been. So a big thank you to everyone who has rated the game, and to those who have participated by commenting in this thread, created mods, or otherwise helped to publicize the game as all of that activity brings more exposure and accessibility to Leaving DNA. Also a big thank you to the animator, the playtesters, my supporters on Patreon and SubscribeStar, and all of the devs, programmers, and artists who have given me advice, as all of these people have been a big part of the game's creation.

Of course, now that I've written this I'm sure we'll have some people who say, "Wait a minute, this game sucks," and leave lower ratings so Leaving DNA's time on the front page will probably be short-lived, but it was fun while it lasted! :D

Sep 3, 2020
I had kind of an exciting moment this morning I wanted to share and to say thank you for everyone who has rated Leaving DNA or otherwise helped to promote it.

View attachment 2951137

Today Leaving DNA appears on the first page of "Latest Updates" when searching by weighted rating. While I don't know exactly what goes into the weighting, the ratings players leave is the biggest part of it. So now my game is being shown to F95 users next to some of the monster heavyweight Daz games like Chasing Sunsets, Love of Magic, and Depraved Awakening. It's super humbling because I know Leaving DNA is still far behind the quality that those games have produced, but it definitely is motivating and inspiring for me to keep working hard to try to accomplish what those developers have.

I know ratings on adult games are very, very subjective, but it really is rewarding to know that the game has been so well-received by this community. I knew when I was writing this story that it would always have limited appeal due to its themes and content, and with no prior experience either as a writer, artist, or programmer I didn't have a lot of confidence in my ability to make a great game. I never, EVER thought it would be as popular as it's been. So a big thank you to everyone who has rated the game, and to those who have participated by commenting in this thread, created mods, or otherwise helped to publicize the game as all of that activity brings more exposure and accessibility to Leaving DNA. Also a big thank you to the animator, the playtesters, my supporters on Patreon and SubscribeStar, and all of the devs, programmers, and artists who have given me advice, as all of these people have been a big part of the game's creation.

Of course, now that I've written this I'm sure we'll have some people who say, "Wait a minute, this game sucks," and leave lower ratings so Leaving DNA's time on the front page will probably be short-lived, but it was fun while it lasted! :D
you deserve it brother you made an amazing game and you are an amazing developer

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017

View attachment 2951137

keep up the hard work this game deserves all the praise it gets cant wait for the next update. I'll keep mentioning this game on reddit whenever I see a chance that's appropriate

anonx5

Jan 20, 2023

View attachment 2951137

The reason your game is being rated favorably is because it has both an interesting plot and characters. Also the fact that the MC is not an immoral or amoral creep by default as in many games. Also that it's a proper get to know ACTUAL characters rather than a meet and bang sex fest like other games.

Last but not least, the game not only has humor, but forces you to think, and ACTUALLY play the game by reading or else you WON'T get the sex scenes a player wants... nor solve issues or mystery in the plot correctly. And the mystery plot is interesting on it's OWN even without sex. Too many games shortshrift interesting story and plot for just sex fests, and sex is cheap here, so that is why you're work is unique. Plus the art is good in that ladies look like ladies rather than underage girls with lady breasts which grosses me out.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022

View attachment 2951137

Congratz! Reviewed it too now just in case you're right with your assumption about negative reviews. Your game is amazing and unique and together with Race of Life imo the two contenders for the future Top1 AVN.

I feel like both game's manage to attract the (big) crowd who isnt only looking for incest harem games lol or enjoy variety with a way more mature story and MC's which makes the AVN's more realistic.

I hope you can keep up the good work and stay true to your vision, its amazing art so far. Your AVN is talked about a lot on reddit too and its getting more and more in the spotlight.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Impious Monk
4.80 star(s) 96 Votes